April 28, 2024, 09:36:53 AM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 97482 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: W/Cup players threaten return to court; TTFA pact on knife's edge
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
Nobody gave JW a free pass because they still fighting him,from the time i see Kelvin Jack come to play in Football festival for Wire D868 i had a mind something was up,he eh coming here to play no game just so,nobody wants to see him any how.

They vex Latapy settle,the others want too but they under pressure,the only way this will end all of them will have to do what Latapy did,look how Yorke and the rest don't have any problems,talking about they want to ensure this never happens again and alyu eh get alyu money yet,every time we try to raise our heads alyu pushing it back down,study Jack Warner and don't move on.

Look at the strides Football are starting to make,people still finding all kind of things to say about the admin,MOS,Sportt etc etc about funding Football,alyu come back with this court shyt,Integrity Commission going and investigate JW after FIFA,CONCACAF,CFU,FBI,IRS,Customs,TTPS,Haiti etc etc give up,alyu eh find something have to be wrong,the man eh hiding no where he still travels and does what he wants,he don't even go to court.

FYI Kelvin was always coming to TNT he tried to make the wired game but could not get his flight change. If a man owe me money and he eh pay me and settle would a next man I would be upset. Deal wit the first set ah players before u deal wit Latas. As 4 d strides once Jack keep the money the strides would have been more because lots could have been done with that money. As for the Integrity Commission them more than a day late and a d ollar short.

You is Jack travel agent how you know he travelling. When last he leave TNT?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2014, 09:04:52 AM »
Just because they settle with Latapy does not mean Latapy has been paid.

In fact they said they are looking into sources of funding to settle that debt, plus all other outstanding debts.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
Nobody gave JW a free pass because they still fighting him,from the time i see Kelvin Jack come to play in Football festival for Wire D868 i had a mind something was up,he eh coming here to play no game just so,nobody wants to see him any how.

They vex Latapy settle,the others want too but they under pressure,the only way this will end all of them will have to do what Latapy did,look how Yorke and the rest don't have any problems,talking about they want to ensure this never happens again and alyu eh get alyu money yet,every time we try to raise our heads alyu pushing it back down,study Jack Warner and don't move on.

Look at the strides Football are starting to make,people still finding all kind of things to say about the admin,MOS,Sportt etc etc about funding Football,alyu come back with this court shyt,Integrity Commission going and investigate JW after FIFA,CONCACAF,CFU,FBI,IRS,Customs,TTPS,Haiti etc etc give up,alyu eh find something have to be wrong,the man eh hiding no where he still travels and does what he wants,he don't even go to court.

Not quite sure if you're advocating a society that says "If you're not caught at the scene of the crime, we're not going to investigate or try to find you, even if we have tons of evidence that says you done the crime" and "If you make a legal agreement in the high court, as soon as you walk out the door, it's forgotten, because you're nice guys and gave some indestructible footballs to some friends of Coops"

I agree, TTFA have made great strides. I agree, TTFA have asked for more time and it was given. But at what point do you say "enough is enough"?

Because history shows that TTFF made dozens of promises that were broken and people kept giving them more time. And guess what? Those promises still haven't been fulfilled, yet the money is gone and the people making those promises are multi millionaires.

Coops, you should be ashamed to say what you have while your fellow coaches are still unpaid. You should be marching through the streets and pressuring TTFA to go after their money so they can truly rebuild T&T football without begging.

Can you imagine how much more Sheldon and Tim-Kee could achieve if they got back the 100 million plus that is rightfully theirs?

The simple fact is that the friend of your enemy is also your enemy, while the enemy of your enemy is your friend. TTFA need to decide who are their friends and who are their enemies. They could gain support from the players if they wish, and it won't necessarily need a payment to make that happen.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »

In fact they said they are looking into sources of funding to settle that debt, plus all other outstanding debts.

I would hope he join the line at the back. But settle the debts that you have an agreement 4 b4 you make new agreement. I wonder if Tim Kee does run he Guardian Life business like he does run the TTFF?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »

I thought d source was found? CONCACAF need to be contacted to find out if they paid the money and then we will know if a new Mandrake is in town. He making money disappear as well.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2014, 09:44:25 AM »
A house which is divided shall not stand... :devil:
Everyone wants to paid,like right now
What will be left to ensure the future
We all have to make sacrifices for the benifit of the youth and overall well being of this GAME we love so very much
RASTFARI

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 24, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »

Ah take it you feel strongly about this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 24, 2014, 09:48:03 AM »
Billy Preston had a chune back in de day called "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing"

Dem man lookin to wring water from stone.

Exactly my thoughts.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »
Fact remains that those responsible have never been made to account.
For all of Tim-Kee and Phillips good intentions, the only way to separate yourself from the previous crew is to publicly show that you don't approve and will not let the missing millions be forgotten.
If Tim-Kee had aggressively pursued the previous cabal, maybe the players would have allowed more time for the settlement?
Yes, this was about money for the players, but they were wronged and I'm sure would be more understanding if there was an active pursuit of the perpetrators.   

Why didn't the players sue Jack if they really wanted "accountability"?  You too close to yuh pardnahs and them to be able to see things objectively.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »

I would hope he join the line at the back. But settle the debts that you have an agreement 4 b4 you make new agreement. I wonder if Tim Kee does run he Guardian Life business like he does run the TTFF?

I understand your point. However, the new agreement shouldn't disturb the order of priority of the debt payments. Also, Latas went into this without a blindfold. He now has several pieces of paper with four corners to get where he trying to get. Nutten eh wrong wid that. Moreover, it was the right move to arrive at a settlement agreement.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:03:24 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 24, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »
For all of Tim-Kee and Phillips good intentions, the only way to separate yourself from the previous crew is to publicly show that you don't approve and will not let the missing millions be forgotten.
If Tim-Kee had aggressively pursued the previous cabal, maybe the players would have allowed more time for the settlement?
Yes, this was about money for the players, but they were wronged and I'm sure would be more understanding if there was an active pursuit of the perpetrators.   

Why didn't the players sue Jack if they really wanted "accountability"?  You too close to yuh pardnahs and them to be able to see things objectively.

I'm surprised you asked that question Bakes. Jack was an employee of TTFF. Therefore his actions were representative of the body who employed him and they are legally responsible for his actions. The idea being that the players sue TTFF and TTFF go after Jack for the allegedly misappropriated funds.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 24, 2014, 10:18:40 AM »

I understand your point. However, the new agreement shouldn't disturb the order of prior of the debt payments. Also, Latas went into this without a blindfold. He now has several pieces of paper with four corners to get where he trying to get. Nutten eh wrong wid that. Moreover, it was the right move to arrive at a settlement agreement.

Yes but if u promise 2 pay me by x date u eh pay me and now I hear u agreeing to pay a next fella I must say is a parlour yuh running and let me close down d parlour and see how much I could get for the swetey yuh selling.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 24, 2014, 10:20:48 AM »
 :yawning:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 24, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »

I'm surprised you asked that question Bakes. Jack was an employee of TTFF. Therefore his actions were representative of the body who employed him and they are legally responsible for his actions. The idea being that the players sue TTFF and TTFF go after Jack for the allegedly misappropriated funds.

Errr ... :-\.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 24, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »
Billy Preston had a chune back in de day called "Nothing from nothing leaves nothing"

Pay me, I doh care whey yuh geh de money from?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »

Pay me, I doh care whey yuh geh de money from?

Nah they should just say we try 2 get we money we eh get through but thank u massa Tim for d 1st payment. We get more than d 5000 so we should do some cartwheels.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »

Tell dem Coop's. Let these 3rd world people take bull and smile. Damn good for nutten players who never do nutten for the country but want pay. Who tell dem to make de world cup? Is dem dam fault for being good enough to make ah world cup. They should have done like every other top T&T team did before them, just shit down theyself when it matters. Then they wouldna be figthing for no money, because they would have fun memories of Savannah football in good ol T&T. But they wanted to go and play in front the world in Germany, damn chupid good for nothing nowadays players.

Ah hope these young players watching good and learn not to stand up for what is dem own and for what dey believe in. Train hard eat ah doubles and chill out.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 24, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »
How come the guardians of the game doh have ah responsibility to ensure the future? Why does the players have to be the one to ensure a future?

Again I will ask what is the purpose of the federation if everyone else needs to understand they [members] should not look to the federation for support but continue to "hold tight" and work hard?

I cannot get that point of view, sorry I just can't.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:55 PM »

:beermug: :beermug:
Only problem here is that Tim Lee was groomed under Jack and he doesn't want to upset his mentor?!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 24, 2014, 12:57:54 PM »

Tell dem Coop's. Let these 3rd world people take bull and smile. Damn good for nutten players who never do nutten for the country but want pay. Who tell dem to make de world cup? Is dem dam fault for being good enough to make ah world cup. They should have done like every other top T&T team did before them, just shit down theyself when it matters. Then they wouldna be figthing for no money, because they would have fun memories of Savannah football in good ol T&T. But they wanted to go and play in front the world in Germany, damn chupid good for nothing nowadays players.

Ah hope these young players watching good and learn not to stand up for what is dem own and for what dey believe in. Train hard eat ah doubles and chill out.

Well said Elan, seems to be a good summary of what Coop's is advocating in his post. :thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 24, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »
How come the guardians of the game doh have ah responsibility to ensure the future? Why does the players have to be the one to ensure a future?

Again I will ask what is the purpose of the federation if everyone else needs to understand they [members] should not look to the federation for support but continue to "hold tight" and work hard?

I cannot get that point of view, sorry I just can't.

Mostly in agreement Elan, but the PFAs and LMAs are essential to healthy growth in a country's football precisely because they counter-balance the power of the FA - "Who guard de guards?". The lack of a powerful PFA let Jack get away with the crimes he committed, so winning court cases and demanding the money are important for the future growth of our national team.

Hopefully a powerful PFA can come out of this, otherwise there's nothing to stop the next Jack Warner, the government and police being what they are

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 24, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »
*sigh*........ah tired.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

Jack was not an employee at the time both he and the TTFF held him out to be a "Special Advisor." Under agency theory the TTFF are responsible for the representations he made to the players and any harm that results.  The fact that you are 'surprised' that I asked that question should have been your first clue that maybe you didn't truly appreciate it.  During the civil suit when Jack made it clear he wasn't coming as a witness, the judge flat out (if memory serves correct) suggested to Townley that Jack be made a party to the suit... that is to say, either the TTFF sue him as what's called a Third Party Plaintiff, or have the Players petition to have him joined as a necessary party to the suit.  Groden shucked and jived and made it clear the TTFF wasn't going to sue Jack, therefore it was incumbent on the Players to join him to the suit.  They never did that, but are now being ruthless in going after the TTFA who are actually trying in earnest to right the ship.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »

Jack was not an employee at the time both he and the TTFF held him out to be a "Special Advisor." Under agency theory the TTFF are responsible for the representations he made to the players and any harm that results.  The fact that you are 'surprised' that I asked that question should have been your first clue that maybe you didn't truly appreciate it.  During the civil suit when Jack made it clear he wasn't coming as a witness, the judge flat out (if memory serves correct) suggested to Townley that Jack be made a party to the suit... that is to say, either the TTFF sue him as what's called a Third Party Plaintiff, or have the Players petition to have him joined as a necessary party to the suit.  Groden shucked and jived and made it clear the TTFF wasn't going to sue Jack, therefore it was incumbent on the Players to join him to the suit.  They never did that, but are now being ruthless in going after the TTFA who are actually trying in earnest to right the ship.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: now tell me,what is so hard for people to understand?all they are seeing is getting Jack hang,i don't know law but i have a bit of common sense and i'm saying this for the longest while,i appreciate what these guys have done for our Football but as Jack said they are greedy,they was offered something they said no,nobody eh blackmail them because Kenwyne,Carlos etc never stop playing for T&T,they blank T&T thinking we could not play without them,nobody talks about the 06 Warriors in T&T everything is about the Strike Squad eg the Women just came back from the failed WC qualifications and is guys like Clayton Morris and Leonson Lewis was invited to the reception at the Hilton,where are our WC heroes?they should be our biggest motivation since they qualified.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:36 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: now tell me,what is so hard for people to understand?all they are seeing is getting Jack hang,i don't know law but i have a bit of common sense and i'm saying this for the longest while,i appreciate what these guys have done for our Football but as Jack said they are greedy,they was offered something they said no,nobody eh blackmail them because Kenwyne,Carlos etc never stop playing for T&T,they blank T&T thinking we could not play without them,nobody talks about the 06 Warriors in T&T everything is about the Strike Squad eg the Women just came back from the failed WC qualifications and is guys like Clayton Morris and Leonson Lewis was invited to the reception at the Hilton,where are our WC heroes?they should be our biggest motivation since they qualified.

Tell them Coop's,failure de bunch ah dem who qualify for the WC. Greedy, tiefing, useless bunch ah has been. Look how T&T football bright without them.

The only thing we missing is to bring JW back in charge, then is real glory days. JW the hardest worker in T&T. How come they eh build ah statue of JW yet? Unappreciative set ah people in that country.

"Target, target, Strike squad."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2014, 05:41:09 PM »

I actually disagree with the bolded.  These fellas not 'greedy', a promise was made to them, a contract formed as a result, the TTFF owed them the money fair and square.  They have every right to agitate for the rest of the money that is owed to them.  I only 'faulting' them in this instance for being unreasonable.  If the TTFA don't have the funds to pay and they take them to court how would that benefit them?  The court orders another levy, they go with police to the TTFA office and seize some furniture, more computers and a few balls?  Steups.  Just be reasonable and work with the people.  I like Kelvin Jack but I really not with him the way he characterizing this regime as being same as the old.

I also disagree that the players "blank TnT"... how they could blank TnT if they were never called up??  Sancho, Jack... all of them made themselves available for selection but they were never selected.  You calling Kenwyne and Carlos, Kenwyne and Carlos didn't take part in the suit.  Yuh saying they wasn't "blackmailed" (blacklisted), but pick sense from common sense: all the players who sued were never again called up, despite making themselves available.  The players who DID NOT sue, get pick time after time.  You seriously saying there wasn't a blacklist Coop's?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2014, 05:51:54 PM »
Bakes, yuh have de patience of Job......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #507 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »
*sigh*........ah tired.....

..... sigh ...... cosign.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:12 PM »
nobody eh blackmail them because Kenwyne,Carlos etc never stop playing for T&T,they blank T&T thinking we could not play without them

FACT: De three biggest agitators (Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop) never represented T&T again after the 2006 World Cup.

Atiba Charles' last game for T&T was November 15, 2006 against Austria.
Evans Wise's last game for T&T was August 9, 2006 against Japan.

Despite T&T playing 14 games (including de Gold Cup) in 2007, the rest of de suing players (Avery, Collin, Cornell, Cyd, Kenwyne, Stern, Whitley, and Wolfe) were never called up.

The players slowly started being called back from February 6, 2008 for the game against Guadeloupe. All in all the players were out of national colors between 1-2 years.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
nobody eh blackmail them because Kenwyne,Carlos etc never stop playing for T&T,they blank T&T thinking we could not play without them

FACT: De three biggest agitators (Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop) never represented T&T again after the 2006 World Cup.

Atiba Charles' last game for T&T was November 15, 2006 against Austria.
Evans Wise's last game for T&T was August 9, 2006 against Japan.

Despite T&T playing 14 games (including de Gold Cup) in 2007, the rest of de suing players (Avery, Collin, Cornell, Cyd, Kenwyne, Stern, Whitley, and Wolfe) were never called up.

The players slowly started being called back from February 6, 2008 for the game against Guadeloupe. All in all the players were out of national colors between 1-2 years.

Thanks 4 clearing that up.

1]; } ?>