April 28, 2024, 02:55:17 PM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 97512 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
The only good thing I read in here is the first post.

I'm not naive enough to think that this is the end, but it's good to hear some positive developments:

However, reading some opinions on here, I can't believe what some people would go to to sanction rank dishonesty though:

First it was, "Was there an agreement?"
Then was "Is a verbal agreement binding?"
Now is "Should we uphold an agreement for players who are washed up and not doing anything for their country/community?"

Hear nah. Why not just ask the question that you really want to ask? ::)

"Why should the great and mighty Jack Warner be subject to the law like any common mortal"

Anyway, enough of that. Keep up the good fight Warriors :wavetowel:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
You know guys, I'm real disapointed with what I've been reading.

Yours Truly....its long been assumed (perhaps unfairly) that you are somehow linked to Jack or TTTF. Therefore, I was looking forward to reading your views on this ruling. Instead, you write a tirade of abuse and untruths. What does it matter how the guys spend their money? Its their money, worked for and earned honestly, so if they want to buy clothes or cars or prostitutes, its their business and this is not the place to comment on their lifestyles. And why should they spend their money on coaching schools etc? As a journalist, do you give your money to literacy charities? Gregory Trujillo has cancer and needs to raise money for a cancer operation. How much did you give? North East Stars presented him with a cheque for $2,600 on saturday, so where was you? My point is, you spend your money as you see fit, and the same goes for the players.

The fact they got $1 million from a grateful govt has nothing to do with this case. That was a gift, this is contracted recompense for work carried out. And I'm pretty sure the FIFA qualifying money is part of the funds owed.

Bakes...I gotta say, you let the man drag you into a pissing contest....rise above it dude.

Considering its emancipation weekend, I think this whole case shows that you can rid yourself of white slavers but you must ensure they are not replaced by black slave bosses. Jack has total disregard for the law and that means he has total disregard for the citizens of T&T. I don't give a shit about party politics, but you cannot continue with Jack as acting Prime Minister. I just hope Kamla can stand up and investigate him.

UNC = Intergrity? Lets wait and see.

Point understood, by the way, North East gave Trujillo money, not the footballers whom he spent nearly 40 years reporting on (including the Warriors).

But I get ur drift, seems to be sincere in your statement and I respect it. Btw, I am not linked to Jack but he is a journalist's dream - in terms of getting stories, on any topic.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, didnt they get a $1 million each from Government, as well as money from FIFA for participating in the World Cup? What more they want (for being the fourth-best team in the 2005 CONCACAF Final Round qualifying group)? Blood?

I knew it!!  You come on here pretending to share information on the goings on with the football team but you really are just another one of Jack's lapdogs!!  You're a f*&%$#ng idiot!!    

Breds, I dont have to pretent to share info on the goings on with the football team; I post results of the Pro League (which I beat you with, Sundays to Sundays) and I put any info on local football that I deem relevant to local football.

You can say what you want about me being a forking idiot and Jack lapdog, if it wasnt for Jack getting a fourth-place playoff for CONCACAF, NONE of those players would have played in a World Cup, you know that and I know that.

Thank you and know who u talking to (me being a pretender - hehehehehe).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Breds, I dont have to pretent to share info on the goings on with the football team; I post results of the Pro League (which I beat you with, Sundays to Sundays) and I put any info on local football that I deem relevant to local football.

You can say what you want about me being a forking idiot and Jack lapdog, if it wasnt for Jack getting a fourth-place playoff for CONCACAF, NONE of those players would have played in a World Cup, you know that and I know that.

So JW get a 4th place in CONCACAF TNT get it we qualify 4 d WC. D players alone benefit from we goin WC . So by your logic be thankful all yuh go a WC and 4get that all yuh had a contract. In fact dey shoulda play 4 free because dey get 2 go a WC. I fully understand thanks 4 clearing dat up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yea your job is done, go and eradicate your diaper rash and go and sleep.

Don't forget to have the potty nearby eh.

Aye, you know you said I'm a big-time journalist, earlier on you labelled me a joke? Can you be consistent, or you're a count (taking away the letter o) instead?

After such a well-thought out secondary school insult I'm not sure how to respond... what yuh couldn't remember "de sky is blue de grass is green, yuh mudda cyat like ah tanka bean"?  When yuh checked ah hope she "replenish" one right in yuh mouth, tuh go along with all dat other set ah shit yuh been talking whole thread.

Anyways... my job is done.  Now for Frico and diamondtrim to show up and complete the jackass brigade.
[/quote]

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Well, didnt they get a $1 million each from Government, as well as money from FIFA for participating in the World Cup? What more they want (for being the fourth-best team in the 2005 CONCACAF Final Round qualifying group)? Blood?

I knew it!!  You come on here pretending to share information on the goings on with the football team but you really are just another one of Jack's lapdogs!!  You're a f*&%$#ng idiot!!    

ah feel ah missing someting.
Yours Truly...how old are you? No serious....
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Between the ages of 20-50.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yea your job is done, go and eradicate your diaper rash and go and sleep.

Don't forget to have the potty nearby eh.

Aye, you know you said I'm a big-time journalist, earlier on you labelled me a joke? Can you be consistent, or you're a count (taking away the letter o) instead?

Man accuse you of being Fuentes... but nah, I doubt even Fuentes (lapdog that he is and all) could be dis facking dotish.  Wha'ppen dey never teach yuh about sarcasm in yuh jurnahliss skool or what?  With all yuh talk about anus and potty and diapers... is now I starting tuh understand de degree ah yuh anal fixation.

------------------------------------------

Football Supporter... "pissing contest"?  Wha'ppen yuh never put laglee on branch or what?   :)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yea my fixation on you, and what if your dad's wood was as long as a tonka bean you may have been conceived with a semi-effective cranium.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile

ah feel ah missing someting.
Yours Truly...how old are you? No serious....

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Yuh understand Signal....I eh know where these fellas does come out nah....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

and that's not even to mention the time he singlehandedly scored 3 second half goals against Guatemala after these same greedy players were foolish enough to concede.  Or when he sneak on the field wearing the Birchall suit and equalize against Bahrain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I still dont understand why men fighting down the players after all the facts that men, especially on this board are given and have been given since 2006. What so wrong about holding someone to their promise? Classic scenario, if you perform well at work and yuh boss pull yuh in the office and say, listen, im so proud of you im going to raise your salary by 10%, but same time u win the lottery. Just because you win the lottery doesnt mean that your boss didnt promise to reward your efforts so there is nothing wrong with making him honor that verbal contract.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I still dont understand why men fighting down the players after all the facts that men, especially on this board are given and have been given since 2006. What so wrong about holding someone to their promise? Classic scenario, if you perform well at work and yuh boss pull yuh in the office and say, listen, im so proud of you im going to raise your salary by 10%, but same time u win the lottery. Just because you win the lottery doesnt mean that your boss didnt promise to reward your efforts so there is nothing wrong with making him honor that verbal contract.

Stop talkin so much sense.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
look at bacchanal going on in here

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
cant we all just get along??
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

no blood necessary: what was agreed upon would suffice.  

hehehe
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Diamondtrim....can you explain your reasons for this statement? I am grateful that these players had their proverbial day in court, but I am steadfast that the judge was misguided in his decision and this will be proven in due course.

I don't know if you're a lawyer, but it seems to me that 2 courts in two continents have ruled in the players favour using case law and precedents. In what way was the judge misguided? And there is no right of appeal because by going to arbitration both parties waive that right and the finding is final. TTTF contested on a point of law, namely breach of confidentiality, not on the verdict. In fact, TTTF didn't even appear at the arbitration hearing to offer any defence.

Please enlighten us!!

Of course!!!

No I am not a lawyer by profession, however I have some limited experience in the practising and execution of its intricacies.

Anyone so enforced, are bound, not only morally, but legally, to have their day in court, to prove or defend their case. This, the players had and enjoyed. Do not lose sight of the fact that the judge only ruled that TTFF must honour its agreement. An agreement made on their behalf by an entity not legally endowed with the power to make such decisions. The loopholes in the 'agreement' are many and so too the avenues through which to appeal. The legal reasons to appeal are also many and readily available to any experienced and talented legal mind.

JW and the TTFF will NEVER be personally liable for ANY payment. He stands on firm legal footing and will prove such. It is incumbent on the players legal counsel to prove otherwise. Perhaps a case can be made on the grounds that settlement was reached with certain players, but similarly, so can the terms of the agreement be questioned.

Again, we all know that an agreement was made. The legality of that agreement is what is in question, not whether or not it was made, even though a strong case in law can be made of the latter.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Diamondtrim....can you explain your reasons for this statement? I am grateful that these players had their proverbial day in court, but I am steadfast that the judge was misguided in his decision and this will be proven in due course.

I don't know if you're a lawyer, but it seems to me that 2 courts in two continents have ruled in the players favour using case law and precedents. In what way was the judge misguided? And there is no right of appeal because by going to arbitration both parties waive that right and the finding is final. TTTF contested on a point of law, namely breach of confidentiality, not on the verdict. In fact, TTTF didn't even appear at the arbitration hearing to offer any defence.

Please enlighten us!!

Of course!!!

No I am not a lawyer by profession, however I have some limited experience in the practising and execution of its intricacies.

Anyone so enforced, are bound, not only morally, but legally, to have their day in court, to prove or defend their case. This, the players had and enjoyed. Do not lose sight of the fact that the judge only ruled that TTFF must honour its agreement. An agreement made on their behalf by an entity not legally endowed with the power to make such decisions. The loopholes in the 'agreement' are many and so too the avenues through which to appeal. The legal reasons to appeal are also many and readily available to any experienced and talented legal mind.

JW and the TTFF will NEVER be personally liable for ANY payment. He stands on firm legal footing and will prove such. It is incumbent on the players legal counsel to prove otherwise. Perhaps a case can be made on the grounds that settlement was reached with certain players, but similarly, so can the terms of the agreement be questioned.

Again, we all know that an agreement was made. The legality of that agreement is what is in question, not whether or not it was made, even though a strong case in law can be made of the latter.

OK, thanks for your insight. However, I feel there are some errors in your comments. When TTTF received their legal challenge, they chose to hear the case at in front of the Sport Arbitration panel in London. No one knows why they chose this option, but it was their choice. By selecting a globally recognised arbitration panel, they did so understanding this panels judgement would be upheld in any court in any country. There is no right of appeal unless there was some violation during the hearing, which TTTF have never raised. The case was referred back to the T&T High Court because AFTER the verdict a breach of confidentiality occured which neither side admitted or could prove the source (although clearly the Guardian newspaper knew the source of the leak and chose not to reveal this. This alone, made dubious proof that the leak came from TTTF as the Guardian has traditionally taken an anti-player stance)

Oliver Camps, Richard Groden and Jack Warner were listed as defendents as well as TTTF because the players lawyer foresaw a TTTF bankruptcy and wanted to ensure that the money could be chased.

When (and it will happen) the court demands a forensic audit of TTTFs books, any discrepencies will be followed up. If it is shown that money moved into any account controlled by an individual there will be charges of fraud, money laundering, deception etc. At this point, a private prosecution could be brought with fundamental evidence already ruled on by courts.

It may take time...but there is no way to escape the law, particularly when you are a public servant.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just curious as to how much it costs to buy a person's integrity....Anil Roberts sold his for a trip to Bahrain....ah wonder how much fellas like Yours Truly, frico, Diamondtrim et al does get?? 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I get a monthly salary from a TT media outlet, you?

I just curious as to how much it costs to buy a person's integrity....Anil Roberts sold his for a trip to Bahrain....ah wonder how much fellas like Yours Truly, frico, Diamondtrim et al does get?? 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Lemme guess??  The Guardian Newspaper?? 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Whichever news media outlet which employs forking idiots and TTFF pretenders, is where I get my stipend....

[/quote]

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Please enlighten us!!

Of course!!!

So are you saying that JW is not and never was a legal representative or act/ing on behalf of the TTFF?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ent!?!?!

me eh know is all dis baccahnal taking place easy easy on this thread...dis forum really eh easy nah
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Whichever news media outlet which employs forking idiots and TTFF pretenders, is where I get my stipend....

[/quote]

You said it not me.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline signal

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

You said it not me.... ::)
[/quote]

Brownsugar..ah dont know if to laugh or cry....ah feel laugh go win lol
If...
chief justice ivor archie say so
ex-chief justice sharma say so
law assoc pres martin daly say so
transpareny institute say so
Ken Gordon say so
jones p say so....then is so!!!

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I knew it!!  You come on here pretending to share information on the goings on with the football team but you really are just another one of Jack's lapdogs!!  You're a f*&%$#ng idiot!!

Quote from: YoursTruly on Today at 12:05:41 PM

Quote from: Brownsugar on Today at 11:40:05 AM

Initially, I was talking to 'waste of sperm' Bake n Shark, not you, since you butted in with the Jack's lapdog scene, then I diverted attention to you? Get it now????????????

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

Please enlighten us!!

Of course!!!

So are you saying that JW is not and never was a legal representative or act/ing on behalf of the TTFF?

Well that would be just plain stupid in that they settled with players from the group.  If Jack wasn't "legally endowed with the power to make such decisions" then the TTFF set a bad precident by negotiating and settling a debt to players they didn't have to pay.  In doing so they have affirmed Jack's power and aknowledged that an agreement had in fact been made and thus cannot use that as a recourse to recuse the federation from this debt.  If he claimin to know law and he talkin that pack ah f**krey then is no wonder he holds the views he has.  I don't think this fella has anything to do with Jack, I think he simply ignorant and misguided.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

ENT!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Well that would be just plain stupid in that they settled with players from the group.  If Jack wasn't "legally endowed with the power to make such decisions" then the TTFF set a bad precident by negotiating and settling a debt to players they didn't have to pay.  In doing so they have affirmed Jack's power and aknowledged that an agreement had in fact been made and thus cannot use that as a recourse to recuse the federation from this debt.  If he claimin to know law and he talkin that pack ah f**krey then is no wonder he holds the views he has.  I don't think this fella has anything to do with Jack, I think he simply ignorant and misguided.
[/quote]

Ignorance is a privilege of the young. Maturity, as its only equaliser, cannot, by very virtue of its definition, be foisted upon those in the throes of their youths. It appears that perhaps you are saddled with the former while aspiring to the latter, hence the gross lack of comprehension of both the facts and my comment.

JW is NOT LEGALLY ENDOWED WITH THE POWER TO MAKE SUCH DECISIONS. I retype in caps as I attempt to reiterate my point. I purposely did not claim that such legal bindings ensured he did not, as we all know differently. That the TTFF may have set a bad precedent....indeed, I see your point and agree.

But to again reiterate, on points of law, the potential is there for JW / TTFF to win the case.

If you require further clarification please let me know

1]; } ?>