April 16, 2024, 10:55:53 AM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 96743 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
91.9 have d most set of illiterate announcers and callers in this country. I thought it was them carrying d press conference. I never hear so much nonsense in such a short period of time.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Just heard on CNC3 that Sancho said they are still going ahead with their Court action. I am confused, wasn't it the money they wanted so what will the Court action be about now, just asking.

Maybe its more about the principle to Sancho and the lot than about the money?

Holding the TTFA to account will mean long term change within the TTFA for the better regards transparency, accountability, etc.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:32:05 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just heard on CNC3 that Sancho said they are still going ahead with their Court action. I am confused, wasn't it the money they wanted so what will the Court action be about now, just asking.

It was never only bout d money they want 2 get rid of all d croonies.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok, Just heard Sancho on CNC3 saying that they will continue their legal battle & that they have an agreement with the Government that whatever monies recovered they will repay the Government.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
91.9 have d most set of illiterate announcers and callers in this country. I thought it was them carrying d press conference. I never hear so much nonsense in such a short period of time.

Stop dissing Iwer's station like that!  ;)

Btw T&T football team manager David Muhammad has a regular show on there 8-10pm Mondays to Thursdays.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:37:04 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors, TTFF to face T&T Courts
« Reply #755 on: July 07, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »
If the government didn't pay it,yall would cuss them,they are now set to pay it,allyuh put a cynical spin on it,I'm not surprised,but at least Sancho was very thankful to the Lady.Whether the "brownie points"does her any good,she has settled an 8 year old problem that had nothing to do with the UNC.

Nothing 2 do wit d UNC? So u think it was his money he use to fund the campaigns in 2007 and 2010. Jack use the soca warriors money. Kams eh care 1 fart bout Sancho and them. Brent just bein PC. I glad they get they money since my tax dollars payin 200,000 to cut grass in Life Sport I say use it 2 pay d players.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Btw T&T football team manager David Muhammed has a regular show on there 9-10pm Mondays to Thursdays.

Me eh care who station it is but u cyah b on radio and be so dumb.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
So they are just going to bankrupt the federation for the hell of it. I don't get it. If they know about wrong doing put it in the press and let the public deal with it. We have been suffering for 2 cycles now. Geez. Fed up of this thing.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Btw T&T football team manager David Muhammed has a regular show on there 9-10pm Mondays to Thursdays.

Why?! Aren't we living in a democracy where every creed and race can find an equal place?

My point is David Muhammad's programme cannot be described as dumb and illiterate so your branding of all the presenters and callers to the station as dumb is inaccurate.

It is also good that everyone is allowed to call in an express their view whether you may think they are dumb or not as we are supposed to be living in a democracy.

Even Sat Maharaj has a radio show on one of the other stations because T&T is still a democracy where everyone is allowed to speak and to hang themselves if they are wrong and ignorant.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:52:21 PM by Socapro »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CO-SIGNNNNNNN

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So they are just going to bankrupt the federation for the hell of it. I don't get it. If they know about wrong doing put it in the press and let the public deal with it. We have been suffering for 2 cycles now. Geez. Fed up of this thing.

How do you know that they are going to do that if we still don't have enough accountability and transparency regards what is coming in and what is being spent?

Apparently they want the TTFA to live up to its responsibilities for the long term future of our football regards transparency and accountability and will pay back the government if/when the TTFA gets back the stolen money that was siphoned off by JW in order to pay the Warriors what was originally promised to them.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Why?! Aren't we living in a democracy where every creed and race can find an equal place?

My point is David Muhammad's programme cannot be described as dumb and illiterate so your branding of all the presenters on the station is inaccurate.

It is also good that everyone is allowed to call in an express their view whether you may think they are dumb or not as we are supposed to be living in a democracy.

Even Sat Maharaj has a radio show on one of the other stations.

I eh care bout Sat/David Muhammed but d fellas I heard this afternoon is d poster boy 4 stupidity.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

My point is David Muhammad's programme cannot be described as dumb and illiterate so your branding of all the presenters on the station is inaccurate.

Even Sat Maharaj has a radio show on one of the other stations.

I eh care bout Sat/David Muhammed but d fellas I heard this afternoon is d poster boy 4 stupidity.

I agree but his views don't represent the views of all the callers or even the presenters so why try to brand all the presenters and callers to the station as dumb because of one caller?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:56:31 PM by Socapro »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 07, 2014, 05:58:18 PM »
Ah happy for de fellas....but, and is a BIG BUT.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile

Ok, Just heard Sancho on CNC3 saying that they will continue their legal battle & that they have an agreement with the Government that whatever monies recovered they will repay the Government.

so the gov't givin the players a tax-payer funded loan so that they could still go after the TTFF? And if they don't win keep we money?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have to laugh when Warner keeps rolling out the old chestnut about T&T not scoring a goal or winning a game! I know he's banned from football, but surely he must have noted the following from Brazil:

England    P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -2
Cameroon  P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3  GD -8
Australia   P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3   GD -6
Japan       P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -4
Honduras  P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3  GD -7
Iran         P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -3
Ghana      P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -2 
S.Korea    P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -3

That's 8 teams that didn't win a game! Admittedly, they all managed to score at least 1, but I'm sure that they all got paid bigger bonuses than the 06 boys received.....and won't have to wait until 2022 to spend it!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 07, 2014, 06:50:38 PM »
Ah happy for de fellas....but, and is a BIG BUT.......

200,000 a month  2 cut grass in Life Sport so I can sleep good 2nite with this payment

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have to laugh when Warner keeps rolling out the old chestnut about T&T not scoring a goal or winning a game! I know he's banned from football, but surely he must have noted the following from Brazil:

England    P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -2
Cameroon  P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3  GD -8
Australia   P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3   GD -6
Japan       P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -4
Honduras  P 3 W 0 D 0 L 3  GD -7
Iran         P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -3
Ghana      P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -2 
S.Korea    P 3 W 0 D 1 L 2  GD -3

That's 8 teams that didn't win a game! Admittedly, they all managed to score at least 1, but I'm sure that they all got paid bigger bonuses than the 06 boys received.....and won't have to wait until 2022 to spend it!
:beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tim Kee thanks PM
« Reply #768 on: July 07, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »
Tim Kee thanks PM
By Anna Ramdass (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) head Raymond Tim Kee wasted no time and immediately sent a letter of thanks to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday for paying the Soca Warriors US$1.3 million.

Tim Kee expressed gratitude for the Prime Minister’s gesture as he pointed out that  it has been 11 months since the TTFA and the Government  have been in discussions about the outstanding debt owed to the Soca Warriors.

“Records will indicate, our initial efforts focused on the invaluable role Government can play in making football relevant again in Trinidad and Tobago, starting with addressing the vexing issue surrounding the debts owed to the ’06 Warriors and others such as Russell Latapy and other members of our technical staff,” stated Tim  Kee.

He stated further that the sport of football plays an immeasurable role in this nation and the rest of the world as the world’s most popular sport.

Tim Kee stated that the attention commanded by the World Cup in Brazil further underscores the depth and reach of the sport.

“As the entity recognised by FIFA to govern football in Trinidad and Tobago, we are particularly pleased that after months of discussion between our organisation and the Government...football in Trinidad and Tobago will thrive as a result of your benevolence,” he added.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I wonder if Tim Kee realizes that the money given to the players by the PM is a loan to make her look good before her Brazil holiday and that the players will still be coming after the TTFA for the money they are owed?
 :thinking:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:35:19 PM by Socapro »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
so lemmeh see if I could rap meh head around dis
1. De Prime Minster call a press conference to deal with a big sporting issue and HER Minister of Sport the Right Honorable Sprang wasn't there? ah wondering now if he even knew about these developments

2. The PM states they are paying a long overdue debt to the players and Sancho say thanks we taking de money but we still in court with TTFF to recover the same money we just get paid for?

confused  ???

no part of dat press conference did de PM or Sancho say it is a loan. Probable Jack new something when he said he hope this matter will be put to rest  because it like the energizer bunny just going on and on. 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
1. De Prime Minster call a press conference to deal with a big sporting issue and HER Minister of Sport the Right Honorable Sprang wasn't there? ah wondering now if he even knew about these developments

2. The PM states they are paying a long overdue debt to the players and Sancho say thanks we taking de money but we still in court with TTFF to recover the same money we just get paid for?

confused  ???

no part of dat press conference did de PM or Sancho say it is a loan. Probable Jack new something when he said he hope this matter will be put to rest  because it like the energizer bunny just going on and on. 

Of course Jack will say that because he is the one who made the promise and who ran off with the players money.

The fact is Jack is now in the PM bad books since leaving the UNC and starting his own rival party so why would she want to pay his debts for him?

This is a simply PR exercise by the PM to make herself look good before her Brazilian world cup holiday but she would love to see the players hang Jack even though part of the money that Jack stole from the players was probably used by him to fund the UNC 2006 and 2010 election campaigns while he was a member of her party.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:10:59 PM by Socapro »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

it have something call elections for dat.Not to hold we football to ransom just like Jack but a different method

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

it have something call elections for dat.Not to hold we football to ransom just like Jack but a different method

Elections with the same croonies in place to be voted back in just as happens in T&T politics? Yeah right!
I say run them out by making sure they can't legally stand for elections in the future or nothing will ever change. :thumbsup:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

confused  ???

Of course Jack will say that because he is the one who made the promise and who ran off with the players money.

The fact is Jack is now in the PM bad books since leaving the UNC and starting his own rival party so why would she want to pay his debts for him?

This is simply a PR exercise by the PM to make herself look good before her Brazilian world cup holiday but she would love to see the players hang Jack even though part of the money that Jack stole from the players was probably used by him to fund the UNC 2006 and 2010 election campaigns while he was a member of her party.

alright so its a PR move. Got that, but is  it a loan or a repayment of indebtedness to the players? Will like to see Aurtis Whitley giving back dat money if de TTFF comes through in de next 4yrs.   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:27:08 PM by royal »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Elections with the same croonies in place to be voted back in just as happens in T&T politics? Yeah right!
I say run them out by making sure they can't legally stand for elections in the future or nothing will ever change. :thumbsup:

let dem form dey new group and go up for elections. Probably there's an election problem I ain't know about, Dey steel votes or something?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

let dem form dey new group and go up for elections. Probably there's an election problem I ain't know about, Dey steel votes or something?

For decades Jack bought votes to keep his puppet Oliver as President of the TTFF and Tim was there observing and learning. Why do you think he does not want to go after his teacher for the players money?
Don't you know that them fellas have the "re-election process" under full control? Where have you been?
 ::)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:01:13 AM by Socapro »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #776 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:54 AM »
PM settles Warriors bonus dispute.
By MIRANDA LA ROSE (Newsday).

Eight years after they were promised a bonus for their appearance at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, 13 members of the Soca Warriors will be paid the outstanding balance of US$1.3 million.

“I have given instructions to the Minister of Finance (Larry Howai) to make provision for the outstanding US$1.3 million to be made available to these heroes,” Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar announced yesterday.

“This payment is to be made,” Persad-Bissessar said “without prejudice to any rights and remedies already accrued, or, which may accrue to the Soca Warriors.”

She made the announcement at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s in the presence of seven of the players, including Brent Sancho who has been leading a legal battle to be paid the sums owed them. The other Soca Warriors members present were Cyd Gray, David Atiba Charles, Stern John, Cornell Glen, Anton Wolfe, and Aurtis Whitley.

While Government was under no legal obligation to make any payment to the players, Persad-Bissessar said, “we are not unmindful of the long and protracted legal battles waged by these football heroes of ours, and the situation today is that the players are still owed and entitled to a payment from an entity in the TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) that is unlikely to be in a position to pay.”

Recalling that in 2006, the Soca Warriors joined the world’s best in Germany, she said, “For eight months, from qualification in Bahrain in November 2005 to the end of the World Cup in June 2006 our nation soared with pride with the efforts of our team.”

When TT - the smallest nation ever - qualified for the mega sporting event, she said, “It was a moment that unified us like never before.”

“They healed every national wound, bridged every divide, and brought us together across all boundaries, there were no political, social, religious or ethnic differences, we acclaimed ourselves and embraced each other in a celebration of genuine patriotic pride,” she said.

However, the failure to honour a promised bonus marred all that went on before and a legal battle ensued.

The judgement in the arbitration that followed, she noted was that the players were entitled to 50 percent of the net profits TTFF derived from “the Road to Germany 2006 campaign.”

The sum was settled as US$3 million dollars, but to date the TTFF has only paid the players US$1.7 million dollars.

After consulting with members of Cabinet, including Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and Howai, Persad-Bissessar said, Government agreed to pay the balance owed.

She spoke shortly before leaving for a visit to Brazil with her grandson. “I want to assure you,” she said “that not one cent of Government’s money is being used for this private visit.”

Speaking on behalf of the 13 players, an emotional Sancho said he was overwhelmed and Government’s decision meant “more than any of us can describe.”

He recalled that when they returned to Piarco from Germany they were greeted as heroes.

“We didn’t expect asking for what we were promised to be met with eight years of humiliation, torment, blacklisting and even in some cases career loss,” he said.

While many had turned their backs on them and ignored their pleas, he said they had finally been heard.

Expressing thanks to the team members who endured the legal battles over the years and to Persad-Bissessar and her Government, Sancho said, “We recognise that the government has no legal obligation to assist us, yet chose to do so through this gesture.”

Asked whether the 2006 Soca Warriors will drop their legal battles, now that Government has paid the outstanding debt, Sancho said, “While this money is important for us, we still feel there is unfinished business. We intend to push on. We have suffered for a very, very long time.”

The legal battle will continue, he said in the hope that they can repay Government.

Meanwhile, TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee told Newsday he was “extremely pleased that Government has come through now. We requested that assistance so that football can breathe somewhat.”

The TTFA, he said began discussions with the Office of the Prime Minister for Government to pay the outstanding balance about six months ago and followed up in writing. He said they last met two weeks ago.

Asked whether the payment means that the TTFA does not owe the players anymore, Tim Kee said, “That is what we have been requesting, that Government pay on behalf of the TTFA.”

On assuming the TTFA presidency, he said, he acknowledged that the former players were owed the bonus promised by the old dispensation. After an issue was made out of it, he said, “We paid them what we could. We sought help from CONCACAF.”

Having run bankrupt, he said the TTFA sought Government’s assistance.

The 13 TT players: Brent Sancho, Stern John, Cyd Gray, David Atiba Charles, Cornell Glen, Anthony Wolfe, Aurtis Whitley, Kenwyne Jones, Evans Wise, Collin Samuel, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack and Avery John.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Overhead kick: How the PM resolved the 2006 W/Cup dispute
« Reply #777 on: July 08, 2014, 04:40:19 AM »
Nobeody looks and writes like Horner in the comments :p. Good for the players, but until the money Warner has stolen is solved there won't be complete closure on this

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #778 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:39 AM »
tell me something, is this a loan to fight the case? why do the warriors need to repay the govt?

why continue to fight? Why not move on with their careers and help progress football in the nation, spending a lifetime in court feeds the lawyers and system, why sustain legal costs that could be directed at a campaign to run local football by persuading the regional bodies in TT...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:13 AM »
All yuh really expect football 2 progress under Tim Key? The players say if they recover d 200,000,000 they will payback d govt for it's goodwill gesture. What so hard to understand.

Election it had a time we did not even know when was d election. I agree wit all yuh Sancho and them should take d money and run because they fightin 4 people who cyah even spell fight.

We hear know the issues better than most and we chattin one set ah gobarr.

1]; } ?>