April 29, 2024, 02:35:09 AM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 97616 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
I knew it!!  You come on here pretending to share information on the goings on with the football team but you really are just another one of Jack's lapdogs!!  You're a f*&%$#ng idiot!!

Quote from: YoursTruly on Today at 12:05:41 PM
I get a monthly salary from a TT media outlet, you?

Quote from: Brownsugar on Today at 11:40:05 AM
I just curious as to how much it costs to buy a person's integrity....Anil Roberts sold his for a trip to Bahrain....ah wonder how much fellas like Yours Truly, frico, Diamondtrim et al does get??

Lemme guess??  The Guardian Newspaper?? 

Initially, I was talking to 'waste of sperm' Bake n Shark, not you, since you butted in with the Jack's lapdog scene, then I diverted attention to you? Get it now????????????

Steups....yuh eh serious nah.....what happen its a slow news day??  No men out there biting dogs?? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Nah the men (myself included) looking to bite felines (pussies), know how that is done?

Seems like you want an honorary doctorate in the Bake n Shark "Waste of Sperm" department - no probs, that wish is granted....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Initially, I was talking to 'waste of sperm' Bake n Shark, not you, since you butted in with the Jack's lapdog scene, then I diverted attention to you? Get it now????????????

I bet yuh know plenty about 'waste of sperm' since yuh so busy on yuh knees ketching all Jack effusions.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yea I catching it for you to lick, unless your mom's nipples are more appeasing to your taste buds....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ignorance is a privilege of the young. Maturity, as its only equaliser, cannot, by very virtue of its definition, be foisted upon those in the throes of their youths. It appears that perhaps you are saddled with the former while aspiring to the latter, hence the gross lack of comprehension of both the facts and my comment.

JW is NOT LEGALLY ENDOWED WITH THE POWER TO MAKE SUCH DECISIONS. I retype in caps as I attempt to reiterate my point. I purposely did not claim that such legal bindings ensured he did not, as we all know differently. That the TTFF may have set a bad precedent....indeed, I see your point and agree.

But to again reiterate, on points of law, the potential is there for JW / TTFF to win the case.

If you require further clarification please let me know

Yes please elaborate... as much as I know that would be a futile waste of time.  

You say you're not a lawyer yet you make such a grand pretense as to speak so conclusively on a topic with which you clearly have little familiarity.  Had you any real understanding of what it is you're trying to speak about you'd realize what utter nonsense you're actually espousing... and (hopefully) as part of the cognitive process, your brain would then step in and provide filter to curb the unbridled fukkery coming off your fingertips.

There are at least two well-founded theories upon which Jack and the TTFF would both be liable.  In fact the question is so settled that neither Jack nor the TTFF appealed to the high court on the issue of liability because their liability has been settled.  Rather, they tried an end-run around the issue of liability to claim that through the breach they have been absolved from said liability, not on merit... but rather on some spurious claim of breach of confidentiality... which the court had no choice (if there were to be even a facade of credibility left to the institution) but to dismiss out of hand.

Since the appeal wasn't argued on the issue of liability but on breach... then that forecloses any further appeal (be it to the Court of Appeal, The Supreme Court of Judicature, or the Privy Council) on the issue of liability.  At best any further appeal would be argued on the issue of the breach.  I could go on and on, but there's no need to yet bog down the discussion with legal minutiae.  I'll wait until you come back with your specious "elaboration" before I sink the rest of your foundering argument.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yea I catching it for you to lick, unless your mom's nipples are more appeasing to your taste buds....

Little boy... or girl, it still hasn't been settled... you keep trying and failing with your infantile "mother" talk. It's difficult to reconcile your anal fixation with this new maternal twist... unless you're subconsciously trying to tell us that your mother is an ass.  Not knowing the unfortunate woman I'll refrain from so insulting her, and interpret it instead to mean that you came into this world via wrong orifice... which wouldn't be surprising given your scatalogical obsession.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I will rather my mother be an ass than to be like you who got emancipated via your mom's ass!

I am little in size, but not in age, so I'll settle it now.

Better I came into this world than be like you who can't cum, so instead of 'beating out' ur woman, you're on SocaWarriors.net trying to promote an intellectual faeces vibe you were contceived wit....

Little boy... or girl, it still hasn't been settled... you keep trying and failing with your infantile "mother" talk. It's difficult to reconcile your anal fixation with this new maternal twist... unless you're subconsciously trying to tell us that your mother is an ass.  Not knowing the unfortunate woman I'll refrain from so insulting her, and interpret it instead to mean that you came into this world via wrong orifice... which wouldn't be surprising given your scatalogical obsession.
[/quote]

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

Well yes, this thread is more entertaining than that movie ah was watching yes!!
:chilling:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I will rather my mother be an ass than to be like you who got emancipated via your mom's ass!

Better I came into this world than be like you who can't cum, so instead of 'beating out' ur woman, you're on SocaWarriors.net trying to promote an intellectual faeces vibe you were contceived wit....

You clueless f**ktard... you can't even figure out how to use the quote feature yet here you are for two straight days on the net talking about man mother and what coming out who ass.  It is painfully obvious that you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion besides your presence.  I won't bother wasting any time addressing you as it would only continue to provide you platform for indulging your mat/anal obsession.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Quote from: Zeppo on Today at 08:06:35 PM
The only World Cup that teams were invited to was the first one in 1930. The following one, in 1934, was the first one that required the teams to qualify for it. And the USA was one of the teams that qualified.

Bake n Shark is (once again) more concerned with presenting himself as the learned professor of the forum than actually getting his facts straight. But don't let him confuse you.

How someone can be so condescending and at the same time so clueless is beyond me...

Now I know why Bake n Shark cyah reply to my last thread.. oops he now did; brb....

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The intellectual Dick-tionary Bake n Shark, what does forktard means? Wanna enlighten me?

You checking how many days I'm on the net, like you're a REAL BATTY-MAN, CHI-CHI MAN, HOMOSEXUAL, to be glued to what a man is doing?

I said it in May and I'll say it in August, only men eat Bake n Shark, so I guess you're a lower Henry Street, POS night employee, how much they charge you for service btw, since I sure you have to spend money on Internet fees....

I have nothing of substance to add and you are nothing of substance, oh drats, you are.... faeces!!

Finally, I like women's booty, so I have an anal obsession, better to be obsessed on an ass than to be reproduced as one....

You clueless f**ktard... you can't even figure out how to use the quote feature yet here you are for two straight days on the net talking about man mother and what coming out who ass.  It is painfully obvious that you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion besides your presence.  I won't bother wasting any time addressing you as it would only continue to provide you platform for indulging your mat/anal obsession.
[/quote]

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
High Court backs payments for Soca Warriors: ...TTFF ordered to honour 2006 W/Cup agreement
By Lasana Liburd

Story Updated: Aug 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM ECT

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) was accused of time-wasting and ordered by Acting Justice Devindra Rampersad to honour its agreement to pay bonuses to the 2006 World Cup football team, dubbed the "Soca Warriors", and legal costs, which are expected to be in excess of $3 million.

On November 19, 2008, the TTFF filed a stay of proceedings in the High Court that prevented the 16 players—since reduced to 14—from enforcing the judgment of the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel (SDRP), on the grounds a supposed breach of confidentiality by the claimants "severely undermined" the defendants' faith in the SDRP and, as a result, "they no longer agree to be bound by the agreement".

The SDRP ruled on May 19, 2008, due to a contract made by United National Congress (UNC) chairman and TTFF Special Adviser Jack Warner with the players, the Warriors were owed 50 per cent of all 2006 World Cup commercial revenue and declared an immediate independent audit of the local football body's financial books for that period.

On Thursday afternoon, Justice Rampersad dismissed the TTFF's appeal and ruled in favour of the players.

"This court, therefore, finds that the breaches complained of by the defendants," stated Justice Rampersad, "did not go to the root of the arbitration agreement, and in those circumstances, the agreement remains irrevocable in accordance with Section 3 of the Trinidad and Tobago Arbitration Act 1950, which states that, 'an arbitration agreement, unless a contrary intention is expressed therein, shall be irrevocable except by leave of the court and shall have the same effect in all respects as if it had been made an order of the Court'."

The World Cup players who initially filed suit against the TTFF are Marvin Andrews, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Ian Cox, Avery John, Brent Sancho, Chris Birchall, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones and Stern John. However, Andrews and Birchall are understood to have subsequently settled privately.

The remaining footballers will request an interim payment of roughly $1.8 million each—their share of the $88 million the T&TFF claimed to receive as World Cup commercial revenue—when the High Court reopens in September before auditors decide the complete figure due.

A Freedom of Information Act request in 2007 suggested the TTFF's earnings are closer to $180 million, exclusive of gate receipts and broadcast and television rights. In October 2006, the TTFF had offered the World Cup players just $5,644 each.

The SDRP ruled in favour of the players while Justice Rampersad dismissed the TTFF's case as frivolous and described the TTFF's conduct in the matter as "troubling".

"It is difficult for this court to understand the defendants' submission," stated Rampersad "…Indeed, as the claimants rightly submit, even in light of their admitted breach, the defendants have failed to advance any proof to the Court in this regard … The post-award disclosures of the award itself would not raise the mischief against which the confidentiality provisions were directed… The surrounding circumstances of the confidentiality obligation very strongly indicate just how otiose the defendants' claim to confidentiality is at this point."

The TTFF was represented in the High Court by Om Lalla, instructed by Kelvin Ramkissoon, while George Hislop—father of World Cup player and ESPN commentator Shaka Hislop—appeared for the players and was instructed by Dave De Peiza.

The players' London-based solicitor Michael Townley was elated.

"I knew we should win, but the length of time it was taking to get the judgment made it all a bit uncertain and nerve-racking," said Townley. "In the end, it was worth the wait …Now, getting paid is the next step, and we recognise that we are dealing with a party who seems determined to carry on regardless of any amount of evidence.

"Nobody forced their hand to enter in an agreement, so at what point will they seek to recognise it?"

Warner could not be reached for comment by telephone yesterday while TTFF president Oliver Camps said he would follow his lawyer's advice and make no comment on the case.

Good stuff. It was jess a matter of time people. Fyah bun all ah dem in de mafia business who try destroy what others sweat blood to build. Well done Sancho, Jack, Hislop, Lasana, Big Mag, Tallman, Patriot, Brown Sugar, Weary and de other many warrior diehards who decided from longtime that dey eh taking shite from no warrior exploiters. Nuff respect to those who had the guts to take licks for their principled stand. Keep paying attention. Is jess round one.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Bake, I don't think there's any use debating anything with this fella, yuh wasting yuh time.

AirMan

FROM WORLD CUP TO HIGH COURT !
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »

Source
..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/99814969.html

From World Cup to High Court

It was the morning of October 5, 2006 when the "Soca Warriors" finally received word on bonuses promised to them by Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner--now the Minister of Works and Transport in the People's Partnership Government--for their historic qualification for the Germany World Cup.

At the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, the jaws of more than a dozen young men sagged and faces contorted as a contingent returned from the TTFF headquarters with news of their financial reward.

"How they came up with that?" asked one player.

One year prior, the national footballers hammered out a deal worth 30 per cent of all commercial revenue attributed to the 2006 World Cup should they be successful in their qualifying bid, but, in the following months, the TTFF proved elusive when it came to honouring its promise.

The Warriors returned from Germany to a $1 million prize apiece and Chaconia Gold Medals from the then PNM government, but there was still no word from the TTFF. By then, Warner's offer had risen to 50 per cent, although there was no mention of a dollar figure.

In October, the TTFF finally made an offer of $5,644 each and national captain and ex-Manchester United star Dwight Yorke phoned Shaka Hislop to relay the news.

"(Dwight) was talking very quickly and sounded very agitated," said Hislop, who was in the United States at the time. "His tone was one of absolute disbelief and disgust."

In the subsequent press statement read by Yorke but written by Hislop, the national players threatened to resign as their contracts with the TTFF were allegedly "not worth the paper they are printed on", although they went on to thrash St Vincent 5-1 in a friendly on October 6 and, two days later, defeated Panama 2-1.

After a second unsatisfactory TTFF offer of $19,008.07, the players hired English sport attorney Michael Townley to act as their counsel, although Yorke and veteran playmaker Russell Latapy decided against proceeding.

"I understood why they didn't want to go to court," said Hislop yesterday. "I agreed with Russell on their stance. Let us just say they had different professional and personal circumstances which I respected."

Dennis Lawrence, whose goal secured a famous World Cup qualifying playoff win against Bahrain, also declined to participate in legal action, as did Jason Scotland, Carlos Edwards and Clayton Ince.

All four players were represented by English agent Mike Berry who also worked as liaison officer for the TTFF in the build-up to the World Cup.

Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald also broke ranks.

"Densil contacted me when the TTFF pressured him and we had a long talk and I really sympathised with him," said Hislop. "I don't criticize him at all. I know what it is like to be at that age and put under pressure by the national team… He always had my utmost respect despite what others may believe."

The cracks were widening by then between players and administrators and among the Warriors themselves..Continue..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/99814969.html

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FROM WORLD CUP TO HIGH COURT !
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2010, 05:46:32 AM »

Source
..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/99814969.html

From World Cup to High Court

It was the morning of October 5, 2006 when the "Soca Warriors" finally received word on bonuses promised to them by Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner--now the Minister of Works and Transport in the People's Partnership Government--for their historic qualification for the Germany World Cup.

At the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain, the jaws of more than a dozen young men sagged and faces contorted as a contingent returned from the TTFF headquarters with news of their financial reward.

"How they came up with that?" asked one player.

One year prior, the national footballers hammered out a deal worth 30 per cent of all commercial revenue attributed to the 2006 World Cup should they be successful in their qualifying bid, but, in the following months, the TTFF proved elusive when it came to honouring its promise.

The Warriors returned from Germany to a $1 million prize apiece and Chaconia Gold Medals from the then PNM government, but there was still no word from the TTFF. By then, Warner's offer had risen to 50 per cent, although there was no mention of a dollar figure.

In October, the TTFF finally made an offer of $5,644 each and national captain and ex-Manchester United star Dwight Yorke phoned Shaka Hislop to relay the news.

"(Dwight) was talking very quickly and sounded very agitated," said Hislop, who was in the United States at the time. "His tone was one of absolute disbelief and disgust."

In the subsequent press statement read by Yorke but written by Hislop, the national players threatened to resign as their contracts with the TTFF were allegedly "not worth the paper they are printed on", although they went on to thrash St Vincent 5-1 in a friendly on October 6 and, two days later, defeated Panama 2-1.

After a second unsatisfactory TTFF offer of $19,008.07, the players hired English sport attorney Michael Townley to act as their counsel, although Yorke and veteran playmaker Russell Latapy decided against proceeding.

"I understood why they didn't want to go to court," said Hislop yesterday. "I agreed with Russell on their stance. Let us just say they had different professional and personal circumstances which I respected."

Dennis Lawrence, whose goal secured a famous World Cup qualifying playoff win against Bahrain, also declined to participate in legal action, as did Jason Scotland, Carlos Edwards and Clayton Ince.

All four players were represented by English agent Mike Berry who also worked as liaison officer for the TTFF in the build-up to the World Cup.

Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald also broke ranks.

"Densil contacted me when the TTFF pressured him and we had a long talk and I really sympathised with him," said Hislop. "I don't criticize him at all. I know what it is like to be at that age and put under pressure by the national team… He always had my utmost respect despite what others may believe."

The cracks were widening by then between players and administrators and among the Warriors themselves..Continue..http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/99814969.html

Look ting!!

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ignorance is a privilege of the young. Maturity, as its only equaliser, cannot, by very virtue of its definition, be foisted upon those in the throes of their youths. It appears that perhaps you are saddled with the former while aspiring to the latter, hence the gross lack of comprehension of both the facts and my comment.

JW is NOT LEGALLY ENDOWED WITH THE POWER TO MAKE SUCH DECISIONS. I retype in caps as I attempt to reiterate my point. I purposely did not claim that such legal bindings ensured he did not, as we all know differently. That the TTFF may have set a bad precedent....indeed, I see your point and agree.

But to again reiterate, on points of law, the potential is there for JW / TTFF to win the case.

You say you're not a lawyer yet you make such a grand pretense as to speak so conclusively on a topic with which you clearly have little familiarity.  Had you any real understanding of what it is you're trying to speak about you'd realize what utter nonsense you're actually espousing... and (hopefully) as part of the cognitive process, your brain would then step in and provide filter to curb the unbridled f**kkery coming off your fingertips.

There are at least two well-founded theories upon which Jack and the TTFF would both be liable.  In fact the question is so settled that neither Jack nor the TTFF appealed to the high court on the issue of liability because their liability has been settled.  Rather, they tried an end-run around the issue of liability to claim that through the breach they have been absolved from said liability, not on merit... but rather on some spurious claim of breach of confidentiality... which the court had no choice (if there were to be even a facade of credibility left to the institution) but to dismiss out of hand.

Since the appeal wasn't argued on the issue of liability but on breach... then that forecloses any further appeal (be it to the Court of Appeal, The Supreme Court of Judicature, or the Privy Council) on the issue of liability.  At best any further appeal would be argued on the issue of the breach.  I could go on and on, but there's no need to yet bog down the discussion with legal minutiae.  I'll wait until you come back with your specious "elaboration" before I sink the rest of your foundering argument.

I pondered a great deal before constructing this post.

Among the questions....Should I again reiterate the simple point I was making in my initial post? Do I respond to Mr Shark's inane remarks and even worse attitude as evidenced by the petty, ridiculous and downright stupid trading of insults he seems so readily prepared to dive headfirst into? Am I duty bound to enlighten those who insist, despite all effort, on wading ever deeper into the black abyss of ignorance?

Mr Bake, the point I raised, perhaps too simply for your self assumed comprehensive mind to wrap its obviously limited capacity around, is that there is potential, on points of law, for JW /TTFF to win this case. It matters not the theories, regardless of how well founded they may be. It matters not who assumed liability, nor does it matter how spurious a claim may be. You would do well to realise that this is no longer a moral case but a legal one, and as such, the legal avenues remain open through which JW / TTFF, can successfully navigate, once guided by a strong legal mind.

In one sentence you claim that no appeal is available, and the very next you suggest an 'at best' option of appeal. Mr Bake, you are as confused as you are unlettered.

The fiscal details of the agreement can be challenged on grounds of hearsay.

The legality of the agreement can be challenged on grounds of whom was so empowered to make such.

That some members of the team accepted payment, it may be argued that payment was offered and accepted, thus indicating a degree of fairness in the offer.

That some members of the team accepted payment, it may be argued that they are pursuing settlement far greater than what was promised.

That the non disclosure agreement was breached, regardless of by whom, is another point.

Granted that some of the above may be lies, half truths and shallow, it nevertheless are points that can be argued, and will be.

Mr Bake, your literary ramblings reveal a disposition of sorely misguided anger and a mind caught up in an intellectual conundrum. You must be careful when writing, as you never fail to expose your inability to grasp points.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Good stuff. It was jess a matter of time people. Fyah bun all ah dem in de mafia business who try destroy what others sweat blood to build. Well done Sancho, Jack, Hislop, Lasana, Big Mag, Tallman, Patriot, Brown Sugar, Weary and de other many warrior diehards who decided from longtime that dey eh taking shite from no warrior exploiters. Nuff respect to those who had the guts to take licks for their principled stand. Keep paying attention. Is jess round one.

Doh forget Lasana and The Fearless One.  These two men have been consistent in their attempts to bring the truth to light.  Thanks Fellas!!... :notworthy: :notworthy:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Doh forget Lasana and The Fearless One.  These two men have been consistent in their attempts to bring the truth to light.  Thanks Fellas!!... :notworthy: :notworthy:

Co-signnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

You say you're not a lawyer yet you make such a grand pretense as to speak so conclusively on a topic with which you clearly have little familiarity.  Had you any real understanding of what it is you're trying to speak about you'd realize what utter nonsense you're actually espousing... and (hopefully) as part of the cognitive process, your brain would then step in and provide filter to curb the unbridled f**kkery coming off your fingertips.

Among the questions....Should I again reiterate the simple point I was making in my initial post? Do I respond to Mr Shark's inane remarks and even worse attitude as evidenced by the petty, ridiculous and downright stupid trading of insults he seems so readily prepared to dive headfirst into? Am I duty bound to enlighten those who insist, despite all effort, on wading ever deeper into the black abyss of ignorance?

Mr Bake, the point I raised, perhaps too simply for your self assumed comprehensive mind to wrap its obviously limited capacity around, is that there is potential, on points of law, for JW /TTFF to win this case. It matters not the theories, regardless of how well founded they may be. It matters not who assumed liability, nor does it matter how spurious a claim may be. You would do well to realise that this is no longer a moral case but a legal one, and as such, the legal avenues remain open through which JW / TTFF, can successfully navigate, once guided by a strong legal mind.

In one sentence you claim that no appeal is available, and the very next you suggest an 'at best' option of appeal. Mr Bake, you are as confused as you are unlettered.

The legality of the agreement can be challenged on grounds of whom was so empowered to make such.

That some members of the team accepted payment, it may be argued that payment was offered and accepted, thus indicating a degree of fairness in the offer.

That some members of the team accepted payment, it may be argued that they are pursuing settlement far greater than what was promised.

That the non disclosure agreement was breached, regardless of by whom, is another point.

Granted that some of the above may be lies, half truths and shallow, it nevertheless are points that can be argued, and will be.

Mr Bake, your literary ramblings reveal a disposition of sorely misguided anger and a mind caught up in an intellectual conundrum. You must be careful when writing, as you never fail to expose your inability to grasp points.

As the players prepared to file suit against the sporting body in the local High Court, a FIFA Congress, which Warner attended in his capacity as FIFA vice-president, announced an amendment to its statutes on May 30, 2007 that obliged all member associations "to insert a clause in their statutes or regulations stipulating that disputes affecting the football family may not be taken to ordinary courts of law".

Warner subsequently declared that the Warriors' proposed use of the High Court could result in the country's expulsion from FIFA—a move that would ban local club and national teams from playing against teams outside their shores and kill the dreams of hundreds of local players seeking overseas jobs.

How does the above affect all the points of law (that you highlighted) that are available to JW and the TTFF? Just a simple mind trying to understand. For me if you cannot go before the courts then how are you to bring these points forward to be disputed or ruled on? Seeing that the matter was ruled on in England and upheld in T&T does that not mean that an "intellectual lawyer" cannot raise these points because the matter has surpassed these stages, or that the lawyers just not worth their salt to the TTFF? I cannot see how JW and TTFF can go back and resubmitt these arguments after all these ruling especially having failed in their attempts to discredit the players case.

Can you clarify how you think the TTFF and JW will bring these points forwards, please?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack commented on the High Court's decision. Caught it on CNC 3.  Cyar find the video clip yet but he say it eh over yet.....well, tell we something we eh know Jackie boy!!

And check it, earlier today the Scamps say he couldn't comment and would have to check with the Attorney on the matter, Om Lalla.  But Jack who, as diamondtrim has taken great pains to point out, is Special Advisor with no say/authority in the TTFF bumping he gum.....lawd I love this place....Hollywood cyar come up with this shyte!!
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You should have 'pondered' some more because you still continue to make absolutely no sense whatsoever, and it is painfully clear that you have no grounding in the law and no footing upon which to stand.

Mr Bake, the point I raised, perhaps too simply for your self assumed comprehensive mind to wrap its obviously limited capacity around, is that there is potential, on points of law, for JW /TTFF to win this case.

Yes... yes, we know... yuh keep moving yuh lips but nothing really coming out, which is why we ask for the "elaboration" you promised.

It matters not the theories, regardless of how well founded they may be.

Actually it does indeed matter the theories.  If there are potential "points of law" as you claim then it should be a simple matter to enumerate the legal theories (what you calling "points of law") upon which Jack/the TTFF can found their appeal.  If you can't name these "points of law" then at least have enough candor to admit that yuh just fishing shit out of the air.  Also, it matters how "well founded they may be" because if they're not well-founded at all, then again, the appeal is worthless.  Anybody can claim anything in court (just ask Jack/the TTFF) it doesn't mean you'll get anywhere with the bullshit.

It matters not who assumed liability, nor does it matter how spurious a claim may be. You would do well to realise that this is no longer a moral case but a legal one, and as such, the legal avenues remain open through which JW / TTFF, can successfully navigate, once guided by a strong legal mind.

You keep making conclusory statements without any foundation to support them.  WHAT are these "legal avenues"?  Also, it ABSOLUTELY matters who assumed liability... that is the central issue in this dispute, "Is the TTFF liable for the monies owed to the players, resulting from the promise made by Jack Warner".  The TTFF has already lost that fight with the arbitrator so they're no longer contesting that issue.  A simple, yet salient point which obviously escapes your understanding.  The problem with speaking French to a chinaman is that no matter how simple you construct your sentences or how dulcet your tone, it still ends up sounding Greek to him.  At least you gave us fair warning that you were "not a lawyer by profession, however I have some limited experience in the practising and execution of its intricacies."  Now I'm starting to realize exactly how "limited" that experience is.  Maybe yuh's ah legal clerk... or maybe ah notary... perhaps like myself ah lowly "stenographer"... or maybe yuh does just lime outside de rumshop next door tuh de lawyer office.  Whatever your "experience" you are lacking in any grounding in the law to even be arguing the points that you're trying to argue.  It's a ruse which might work on the uneducated, but most here, even without much legal expertise can see right thru it.

You accuse me of being "confused" yet your own confusion over a statement as simple as this betrays your ignorance.  In order to make a legal argument there must be some basis in law, some guiding principle under which you bring that argument before the court.  The court must first be able to properly frame your "issue" before contemplating the merits of your claim.  At issue before the arbitrator (and I need not remind you here that the arbitrator's ruling is just as final and binding as a judge's or jury's in this instance) was "Whether there was a contract between the Players and the TTFF (thru the person of Jack Warner) for a 50-50 split of all revenues."  The Arbitrator ruled in the affirmative.  That established liability on the parts of the losing party, for payment to the prevailing party.

Immediately following that ruling the confidential terms of the decision was leaked to the Guardian (apparently by the losing party, for the prevailing party had no incentive at that point to jump the gun with the news... and no relationship, it bears noting, with the Trinidad Guardian) in apparent attempt to upset the ruling handed down by the Arbitrator.  Ignoring the issue of liability (breaking it down for you... ignoring a challenge to the ruling itself, that they owed the players half), the losing party Jack and the TTFF (henceforth, just "Jack") tried a new gambit: "let's argue that the violated the terms of the arbitration, therefore the ruling has to be set aside."  THIS was the basis upon which they grounded their appeal to the High Court.  My statement to you, which apparently created great confusion in your feeble mind... is that by abandoning a direct challenge to the Arbitrator's ruling (again for the slow... that would be you... a challenge as to whether "Jack" is legally obligated to pay the players half), by abandoning that in favor of the "breach of confidentiality"... they are foreclosed, estopped, prevented, prohibited, barred etc... from now raising that in their appeal.  The place to appeal that would have been the High Court.  I then said "at best"... meaning if anything... the best they could try with the Court of Appeal is to say that the High Court's finding that there was no breach was unjust.

Even so... school ent over yet, stay with me... even so, you can't just appeal because yuh doh like de outcome.  There are what are known as 'standards of appeal'.  In other words, on what basis are you raising your appeal.  One standard is called "plain error", which is the say that the judge's ruling is erroneous, and unsupported when one examines the facts.  It is difficult to argue "plain error" because one would have to prove that testimony showed "A", while the judge took it upon himself to rule that "A" wasn't "A" but really was "B".

Another is "abuse of discretion"... which is to say that after looking at the facts, the judge didn't so much get them wrong, as much as he abused the discretion he had in ruling one way or another.  This is even harder to argue because unless one can prove that the judge's decision was "arbitrary and capricious" then the reviewing panel will not disturb that decision.

A third standard of review is called "de novo" (latin for 'afresh' or 'anew').  This means that the judge mighta get the facts right but he misapplied the law or committed "legal error" in looking at those facts.  In this case the appellate tribunal gets a fresh look at everything, all the testimony all the facts... everything.  But to argue this is a real longshot, you have to prove that the judge clearly didn't know what he was doing... sorta you arguing these "points of law" nah.

Nonsense.  Stop listening tuh Law and Order and Googlepedia.  Understand what "hearsay" means in the legal context before throwing it out there.  The question is so silly that it defies understanding.  Not even Om Lalla himself made that argument before the arbitrator nor before the High Court... what YOU with yuh "limited experience" know better than de TTFF champion lawyer?

Back with this jackass talk again.  Under the Law of Agency, Jack Warner was an Agent of the TTFF.  He negotiated for and on behalf of the TTFF on a number of things, from the original stadium deals where the TTFF paid the government for use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium, to the staging of the various Youth World Cups in TnT, to previous disputes involving players and coaches in the past.  Say nothing of which, he carries the somewhat nebulous term of "Special Advisor".  His role as an agent of the TTFF is undisputed.  

Under the Law of Agency, liability of a Principal (the TTFF) can be created by an Agent (Jack) in several ways:

Actual authority- there's an understanding or agreement telling the agent what he is explicity authorized to do on behalf of the Principal

Inherent authority- actions the Principal should reasonably have foreseen the Agent as likely doing.  Ex.  You hire a contractor to paint your house knowing that you live in a row house and paint might get on yuh neighbor house.  You reasonably should foresee this as happening, and do something to ensure it doesn't happen.  If you don't... then yuh liable fuh de paint getting on yuh neighbor house.

Ratification- The Agent does something and the Principal by action (or failure to act) adopts the action of the Principal.  You hire a contractor to put in stop lights at an intersection, and on the last three jobs he do fuh yuh he put in stoplights with only two lights, green and yellow... no red.  Well guess what, any accident that happen you liable because by failing to correct or repudiate it, you 'adopt' his action, it come like yuh own.

Then we come to the most relevant... Apparent authority.  By allowing the Agent to act in a certain capacity (yuh know, negotiating stadium deals, hiring and firing coaches, negotiating with players etc.) you create in the mind of the reasonable onlooker, the impression that the Agent (Jack) has the authority to act on your behalf.  Again, there really is no question as to the issue of whether Jack was acting without legal authority.  Om and dem ent raise it at the Arbitration because they know is not a winning argument... but apparently what you hear inside de rumshop have yuh convinced otherwise.

Now you just fishing talk out yuh ass.  If half the team took Jack up on his instruction to go "jump off a cliff", that in of itself is no indication that such an instruction is "fair" or reasonable.  Not that fair and reasonable have anything to do with anything.  What you promise is what you pay.  If yuh didn't think the promise was fair then don't make it.

Lol... this bullshit.  Well there really was no question as to what was promised (even though Jack tried... and quickly abandoned that route early on in the dispute).  We know what was promised because there were many objective third parties (including members of the media) present when the promise was made.  If some other fellas under pressure and settle for less that ent mean the others asking for 'more'.

No... it is a non-point, the High Court says so.  And who is responsible for the breach is controlling of the outcome of any subsequent claim.  The non-breaching party will not be made to suffer for the actions of the breaching party.  In this case the TTFF could not show who was responsible for the breach.  Of course if they really did then that would only end up hurting them even more... since all ah we know is dem who do it.

"points that can be argued" on a messageboard, or maybe in your special parallel universe.

Yes... yes Dr. Phil, I cyah read and need anger management and all that.  But fuh de moment leh we try and focus on plugging de holes in this sinking ship yuh insist on sailing nd leave de pseudo-psychoanalysis fuh another day.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:50:16 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gawd... that thing long.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack commented on the High Court's decision. Caught it on CNC 3.  Cyar find the video clip yet but he say it eh over yet.....well, tell we something we eh know Jackie boy!!

And check it, earlier today the Scamps say he couldn't comment and would have to check with the Attorney on the matter, Om Lalla.  But Jack who, as diamondtrim has taken great pains to point out, is Special Advisor with no say/authority in the TTFF bumping he gum.....lawd I love this place....Hollywood cyar come up with this shyte!!

ENTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gawd... that thing long.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ah juss trying tuh make sure ah cover all de bases  :-[

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just a little more clarification:  

Because both parties agreed to arbitration, they lost the right to argue the case in a High Court.

The arbitrators decision is binding and irrevocable unless an appeal is made to challenge that decision.

In the absence of such a challenge, the law is clear: the arbirators decision is final and binding and the case is barred from retrial.

TTTF appealed on the basis of confidentiality and made no challenge as to the validity of the arbitrators ruling.

The T&T High Court dismissed the appeal, and upheld the original judgement

It should also be noted that it was TTTF who asked for the hearing to take place at the SDRC in London, yet they supplied no evidence in their defence, put forward no witnesses in their defence and generally failed to play an active role in the arbitration...a fact noted by Ian Mill QC in his ruling. Therefore it would be hard to now challenge the judgement in any way as they had their day in court and clearly failed to provide a defence.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Because both parties agreed to arbitration, they lost the right to argue the case in a High Court.

The arbitrators decision is binding and irrevocable unless an appeal is made to challenge that decision.

In the absence of such a challenge, the law is clear: the arbirators decision is final and binding and the case is barred from retrial.

TTTF appealed on the basis of confidentiality and made no challenge as to the validity of the arbitrators ruling.

It should also be noted that it was TTTF who asked for the hearing to take place at the SDRC in London, yet they supplied no evidence in their defence, put forward no witnesses in their defence and generally failed to play an active role in the arbitration...a fact noted by Ian Mill QC in his ruling. Therefore it would be hard to now challenge the judgement in any way as they had their day in court and clearly failed to provide a defence.

D appeal to the Court of Appeal eh automatic. So we c if they get d appeal.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

By agreeing to Arbitration they also waived the right to appeal the Arbitrators decision... which is why the TTFF didn't appeal the ruling but rather tried the desperate end-run around it by claiming breach.  The decision is indeed binding and irrevocable as you said, but not subject to appeal.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

In what capacity exactly was he speaking in...Member of Parliament, Minister of works and a memeber of a Government, Fifa Vice president, or TTFF special Advisor...I'm just a bit too confused as to where he stand here..Why is Camps never making public statements...Steups.>!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Remember that Jack was head of the 2006 Local Organising Committee. The LOC is like a company created to oversee a project over a set period of time and appointed by a governing body...in this instance TTTF. That means that legally all decisions were his responsibility. In the real world, TTTF could place the blame squarely on Jacks shoulders and say that all monies were received by Jack and TTTF only saw the accounts that Jack prepared, thereby not knowing how much was really raised or where the missing funds went to.

It seems to me that Jack has spent his career behind the throne....vice president, special advisor, deputy prime minister and thereby having someone else to carry any blame. In this instance, there is no doubt...Jack was in charge. So logically, it is the LOC who must show their accounts and the management who must be brought to law if there are financial discrepancies. TTTF can just say "We didn't know" But that argument should still at least lead to the removal from office of any TTTF excecutives serving at that time.

1]; } ?>