April 20, 2024, 04:46:47 AM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 96872 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We go drink and be merry, and eat and be happy....

This have to be the best for the day yes, another person digging up and callin me by another name, whey, this website aint good fun for true yes; I feel next month someone will say they investigate and I'm Francis Joseph; and I sure in October I'll be Roger Sant!!!

Anyway I like reading Bailey and Fuentes stories, and Alibey I know from long time, so we can all lime at the Smithsonian  :rotfl:

truetrini

We go drink and be merry, and eat and be happy....

This have to be the best for the day yes, another person digging up and callin me by another name, whey, this website aint good fun for true yes; I feel next month someone will say they investigate and I'm Francis Joseph; and I sure in October I'll be Roger Sant!!!

Anyway I like reading Bailey and Fuentes stories, and Alibey I know from long time, so we can all lime at the Smithsonian  :rotfl:

Yuh like dat shitty style you have?  steups...if yuh want lessons...PM meh ah could help yuh.

Joel, Joel, Joel....stop it nah.  Puhleeze

truetrini

Skills tuh burn Joel Bailey...I have skills to burn, but yuh make it real easy fro ah old man like me to unearth yuh id....too easy.

Thins is it real easy to track yuh and yuh poor style down on Big Soccer too...muhahahahahahaha

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yuh like dat shitty style you have?  steups...if yuh want lessons...PM meh ah could help yuh.

[/quote]

Okay Hugh Wooding I'll stop; I give up, call me whatever you want yes - like everyone on this site, call me all setta stuff, since you seem fixated on this Joel thing, I give up on you too yes.

Guess I may have to widen the 'Waste of Sperm' membership yes, you have lifelong entry  ;)

truetrini

Okay Hugh Wooding I'll stop; I give up, call me whatever you want yes - like everyone on this site, call me all setta stuff, since you seem fixated on this Joel thing, I give up on you too yes.

Guess I may have to widen the 'Waste of Sperm' membership yes, you have lifelong entry  ;)
[/quote]

If yuh so inclined then do so Mr. Bailey!  Play yuhself...But I have proof now...but ah will ONLY use dat if yuh persist in causing mischief here....yuh have been warned Joel,,,yuh have been warned!

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Yes I have been warned, and I'll call James Philbert to give me protection, or better yet I'll use the assortments of Ruff Ryders, that can be enough protection. Want some? It may help u  :rotfl:

If yuh so inclined then do so Mr. Bailey!  Play yuhself...But I have proof now...but ah will ONLY use dat if yuh persist in causing mischief here....yuh have been warned Joel,,,yuh have been warned!
[/quote]

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
ooohhh guuuudddd...I was missing this lil tete a tete..... :heehee: :heehee:

BrownSugar it was really nice to see you in Nashville,TN for the USA vs T&T game last year. You flew all the way there just to watch that game. You're a true supporter.

Nice to have met you too Elan..... :beermug:

(p.s TTFF owing mih for dat trip!!.... >:()
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marcia Henville was interviewing Jack a short while ago on Gayelle.  She brought up the issue of the players.

Jack say the case eh even start yet.  He say he never promise Gross revenues he promise Net revenues.  He say any shrewd businessman would never promise gross (I've heard his puppet Anil make this statement many times).  He say the players are being encouraged in their actions by people with a political agenda.  He say the players tried to embarrass him on the eve of the elections but he was voted in by 97% of Chaguanas West so the tactic failed.  He forget to mention that the players held the press conference because of the lies he was spewing on the campaign trail but I digress. 

He said 8 players were paid (ah still trying to figure out if this is a variation on his "only 4 players are left to be paid" lie...) 

He said just last week another player approached him for payment.   :thinking: He also said at one point in the interview, that the TTFF didn't have an agreement with the players it was he who approached them. Ah not sure if he trying to say the TTFF eh owe them nutten.... :-\  She asked him if the TTFF is going to submit the accounts to the court by August 30th.  He say he eh know.  She asked if the accounts are up to date and accurate, he say they are audited by KPMG so that means everything is alright and above board........(Enron was audited by Arthur Andersen)

Marcia make the mistake and quoted from something Lasana Liburd wrote.....well, who tell she say dat!!  He promise fire and brimstone for Lasana in time to come!!!.... :o :o  So long he want to destroy Lasana why he eh do it yet??  Steups!!

Basically, if yuh eh following the story like a hawk (or like me  ;D), Jack tief way people head AGAIN!!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Marcia Henville was interviewing Jack a short while ago on Gayelle.  She brought up the issue of the players.

Jack say the case eh even start yet.  He say he never promise Gross revenues he promise Net revenues.  He say any shrewd businessman would never promise gross (I've heard his puppet Anil make this statement many times).  He say the players are being encouraged in their actions by people with a political agenda.  He say the players tried to embarrass him on the eve of the elections but he was voted in by 97% of Chaguanas West so the tactic failed.  He forget to mention that the players held the press conference because of the lies he was spewing on the campaign trail but I digress. 

He said 8 players were paid (ah still trying to figure out if this is a variation on his "only 4 players are left to be paid" lie...) 

He said just last week another player approached him for payment.   :thinking: He also said at one point in the interview, that the TTFF didn't have an agreement with the players it was he who approached them. Ah not sure if he trying to say the TTFF eh owe them nutten.... :-\  She asked him if the TTFF is going to submit the accounts to the court by August 30th.  He say he eh know.  She asked if the accounts are up to date and accurate, he say they are audited by KPMG so that means everything is alright and above board........(Enron was audited by Arthur Andersen)

Marcia make the mistake and quoted from something Lasana Liburd wrote.....well, who tell she say dat!!  He promise fire and brimstone for Lasana in time to come!!!.... :o :o  So long he want to destroy Lasana why he eh do it yet??  Steups!!

Basically, if yuh eh following the story like a hawk (or like me  ;D), Jack tief way people head AGAIN!!!....

Dey want dey head 2b stolen. D case eh strt yet so watch d judge rule on. All d free education we cyah comprehend.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah guess he mean both parties cyar decide on the amount and that is the basis for any further action the TTFF going to take.....he said the players themselves eh even know what they were entitled to.....

Who the hell knows with this friggin nasty vampire!!!  steups!! 

Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah guess he mean both parties cyar decide on the amount and that is the basis for any further action the TTFF going to take.....he said the players themselves eh even know what they were entitled to.....

Who the hell knows with this friggin nasty vampire!!!  steups!! 

OH HORRRRRRR but even on the gross it eh 5000 TT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree (for the first time) with Jack that it should be calculated on the net figure. However, this should only be net of reasonable expenses such as travel, accomodation etc, most of which was paid by FIFA. This is why accurate accounts are required. It is questionable whether TTFF staff expenses should be deducted from the gross figures because not everyone who attended was actually necessary, some were there simply as a reward.

Also little issues like TTFF deducting German tax from the qualifying bonus when FIFA stipulate that the bonus is free of local taxes!

There will be lots of "expenses" claimed by TTFF which were not necessary and should be deducted from the TTFF net, not the total income gross.

The accounts should make interesting reading, especially as the "official" accounts presented only showed income of $18million. Or are there 2 sets of official accounts? ???  ???

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nah man Football Supporter, 2 sets of Accounts??  For a company that's Audited by KMPG no less!!....how we could say that about the fine upstanding organisation known as the TTFF??!!.... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NET/GROSS ME EH REALLY CARE JUST PAY DEM MORE THAN 5000TT

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree (for the first time) with Jack that it should be calculated on the net figure.

Whatever it "should" be is besides the point... the issue is what he actually promised the players, not what he should have prudently promise them.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So we celebrate Independence 2day and YDAY was d day that d TTFF had 2 respond 2 opening of the books. So far as I know TTFF filed nothing by the deadline. 23rd Sept is one of the biggest days for the integrity and impartiality of the court system. Will it be bold enough? I hope so,...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As stated before, its difficult to know what they can file. Maybe they are trying to figure out what they can leave out that no one will notice, but thats dangerous. They've already been exposed as producing incorrect accounts. If they do so again, I guess it would be in contempt of court, false accounting and maybe even fraud.
There are certain "definates" in the public domain that they cannot dispute, such as the FIFA qualifying bonus, the Adidas contract, TSTT (think we even had a photo of Jack and a TSTT cheque on this site). If you search far enough, there are lots of press releases from TTFF boasting they had received money from such and such.
Also, they can't even dispute the claim because their chance to do that was at arbitration and not one argument against the 50% was raised. The man who did the deal, Jack Warner, did not even offer evidence. In fact, not one witness appeared for the defence....and it was their choice to go to arbitration.

So the judge will look at this and get vexed. They chose arbitration to settle the dispute, but never really put forward any defence, thus wasting time and money. After all, if theres no dispute, what are TTFF disputing?

This should be a straight forward matter. It has been found at arbitration that TTFF owe 50% of the 2006 income (less allowable expenses) If no accounts are forthcoming, the judge shoild order an interim payment based on figures referred to in the arbitration and were not disputed. That could be as much as TT$10 million. Given that TTFF has spuriously delayed proceedings at every step, an order to pay the legal fees to date  immediately should also be open and shut.

Then the judge should rule on any isues with the accounts, i.e if they are incorrect or not produced, I'm sure he can order 14 day imprisonment for contempt of court. He may also decide to order a police investigation or forensic audit.

Bottom line is...how can TTFF get out of this one? Even if they have the interim payment available, there would be questions asked because they have stated they are broke. Of course, Jack could step up and "save T&T football" by making the payment himself....but wouldn't that look kinda suspicious??
Interesting month-september!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As stated before, its difficult to know what they can file. Maybe they are trying to figure out what they can leave out that no one will notice, but thats dangerous. They've already been exposed as producing incorrect accounts. If they do so again, I guess it would be in contempt of court, false accounting and maybe even fraud.
There are certain "definates" in the public domain that they cannot dispute, such as the FIFA qualifying bonus, the Adidas contract, TSTT (think we even had a photo of Jack and a TSTT cheque on this site). If you search far enough, there are lots of press releases from TTFF boasting they had received money from such and such.
Also, they can't even dispute the claim because their chance to do that was at arbitration and not one argument against the 50% was raised. The man who did the deal, Jack Warner, did not even offer evidence. In fact, not one witness appeared for the defence....and it was their choice to go to arbitration.

So the judge will look at this and get vexed. They chose arbitration to settle the dispute, but never really put forward any defence, thus wasting time and money. After all, if theres no dispute, what are TTFF disputing?

This should be a straight forward matter. It has been found at arbitration that TTFF owe 50% of the 2006 income (less allowable expenses) If no accounts are forthcoming, the judge shoild order an interim payment based on figures referred to in the arbitration and were not disputed. That could be as much as TT$10 million. Given that TTFF has spuriously delayed proceedings at every step, an order to pay the legal fees to date  immediately should also be open and shut.

Then the judge should rule on any isues with the accounts, i.e if they are incorrect or not produced, I'm sure he can order 14 day imprisonment for contempt of court. He may also decide to order a police investigation or forensic audit.

Bottom line is...how can TTFF get out of this one? Even if they have the interim payment available, there would be questions asked because they have stated they are broke. Of course, Jack could step up and "save T&T football" by making the payment himself....but wouldn't that look kinda suspicious??
Interesting month-september!!

will the judge order an audit on jack Warner's bank account ??? remember one time he requested payment straight to his account ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 Warner made some statements on First Up TV show (I think that whats its called)a few weeks ago, he said that this issue is far being over, he is willing to take it to the Privy Council.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm not sure he can take it anywhere. There is no appeal against arbitration. He had his chance to contest the decision. His big problem was that he chose the arbitration and then presented no argument or evidence to defend TTFF . Its difficult for him to now say this decision was unfair. On what grounds could he protest? What new evidence could have suddenly turned up? They got x amount of money, the players are owed 50%, case closed. They've had 4 years to plan their defence, but didn't bother. Any judge worth his salt will say that they've had ample chances and all they're doing is prolonging the dispute.

From what I recall, I think Jack and Groden were named originally in some context because I believe the players thought that the money would be gone from TTFF and the lawyer wanted to make sure the money could be chased.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WARRIORS V TTFF UPDATE
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2010, 08:50:01 AM »
Mods all yuh will merge

Appeal of d judge ruling is schedule 4 Mon. Remember Nov 26th is when d judge talking dinero.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mods all yuh will merge

Appeal of d judge ruling is schedule 4 Mon. Remember Nov 26th is when d judge talking dinero.

Shakas father, George Hislop will present affidavit on behalf of players & Mike Townley.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mods all yuh will merge

Shakas father, George Hislop will present affidavit on behalf of players & Mike Townley.

U go tell we d outcome.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS V TTFF UPDATE
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Mods all yuh will merge

It is??!!  Good.  I'll be paying close attention.....God doh sleep and he doh like ugliness like Jackula, Scamps and Rodent....the longest rope have an end.....

Warner made some statements on First Up TV show (I think that whats its called)a few weeks ago, he said that this issue is far being over, he is willing to take it to the Privy Council.

He could take to the lord in prayer if he wants to, he goh have to pay eventually even if in the end is Darryl Warner who goh have to pay Shaka grandchirren, dey goh pay....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS V TTFF UPDATE
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »
Mods all yuh will merge

It is??!!  Good.  I'll be paying close attention.....God doh sleep and he doh like ugliness like Jackula, Scamps and Rodent....the longest rope have an end.....

He could take to the lord in prayer if he wants to, he goh have to pay eventually even if in the end is Darryl Warner who goh have to pay Shaka grandchirren, dey goh pay....

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Dreamer here ..... on de alert, despite de name.   :o
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So d case adjourn as d TTFF lawyer eh come because of Tomas. So Om is a HUGE WASTE OR IS IT WAIST?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
$7m for Soca Warriors
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »
$7m for Soca Warriors
By Denyse Renne (T&T Express)

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has been ordered to pay over $7 million as an interim payment to 13 players who represented this country at the 2006 FIFA World Cup.

Justice Devindra Rampersad, presiding in the Port of Spain High Court yesterday, ruled that an interim payment of US$1,140,384.39 be paid to the footballers. He also expressed concern over what he labelled as the inadequate and "cloudy" way in which the TTFF's accounting books were presented to the courts.

"I have great issue with the accounts filed and I feel there has been no compliance with the precedent set out," Rampersad said.

Looking at the "books", Rampersad said there was no indication with respect to grants and monies received.

"It is totally unaccountable," he said.

The books tendered included all commercial revenue associated with the players in their build-up to the 2006 World Cup, which was held in Germany.

Rampersad then ordered that the accounts be properly done on an Excel spreadsheet.

"I find it strange, I have one document from FIFA, why do we not have a final letter from FIFA and Adidas saying this is how much we paid? Lucky or unlucky for you, I have some experience in the accounting field." Rampersad said he could tell when things were not right.

In addressing attorneys present, Rampersad said FIFA's monies "are a mystery" and that "one million francs" seemed to be missing.

"I cannot understand why it is not accounted for," he said.

Attorneys Om Lalla and Kelvin Ramkissoon are appearing on behalf of the TTFF, while attorneys Michael Tong-Lee, Dave DePeiza and George Hislop are seeking the interest of the footballers.

At yesterday's hearing, attorney Derrick Balliram stood in for Lalla, who was out of the country. The judge said he needed to have several matters cleared and needed the assistance of Lalla for this to be achieved.

Rampersad said in coming to his decision, sports giant Adidas had a contract with the TTFF where equipment and other items were provided, adding that this was not monetary in value. He said this was left out as part of the interim payment and he needed further clarity on this issue. He said he was also unsatisfied about what happened to other money, moreso the millions pumped from the private sector, which crossed $40 million.

"What is happening? A striking piece of document is not being accounted for and that is startling. Some of the monies was pre-qualifying and post. If this is the case, the monies are not accounted," Rampersad said.

Noting that auditors K Rampersad did not say how the money came in and how it was disbursed, Rampersad said however long it takes "the accounts must be properly done".

He said initially there were 16 players contesting the suit, but three of them—Marvin Andrews, Chris Birchall and Ian Cox—withdrew from the suit. Rampersad ordered that they pay their own costs.

The players who continued the action against the TTFF-led Oliver Camps are Brent Sancho, Shaka Hislop, Kelvin Jack, Atiba Charles, Cyd Gray, Avery John, Aurtis Whitley, Collin Samuel, Evans Wise, Anthony Wolfe, Cornell Glen, Kenwyne Jones and Stern John. FIFA vice-president and TTFF special adviser, Jack Warner, was also named in the suit.

Last year, the TTFF appealed Rampersad's July 29 order requesting it honour its bonus agreement with the players. This was dismissed by the Appeal Court.

Court proceedings were first filed in November 2008 at the Port of Spain High Court, where the 16 players asked the High Court to enforce the judgment of the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel (SDRP).

The SDRP had ruled in May 2008 that under the terms of a contract agreed to by Warner, the Soca Warriors were owed 50 per cent of all 2006 World Cup commercial revenue. However, the TTFF claimed a breach of confidentiality by the players meant they were (TTFF) were no longer obligated to the agreement. Following weeks of arguments, Rampersad ruled in favour of the players but the TTFF appealed the decision.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $7m for Soca Warriors
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
Jack: Give them the money
By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Feb 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM ECT

(Story Updated: Feb 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM ECT )

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner said yesterday that he believes the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) should pay the Soca Warriors the money owed to them as ordered by the courts.

Warner, also the Minister of Works and Transport, made the comment following the adjournment of the Parliament sitting.

"I am not involved in that, you know, the TTFF will have to decide. I imagine they will appeal, I really don't know. I haven't spoken to the TTFF," Warner said.

Pressed for further comment, he said: "I have taken myself out of that a long time ago. They had asked for $100 million, at one time was $50 million, then it came to $20 million, one month ago it was $10 million, now the courts says $6 million, okay.

"If I were to advise the TTFF, I would tell them of course to give it to them and call it a day, because at the end of the day this thing is just protracted, a waste of time and in the end nobody will believe it."

Questioned on criticisms that he is responsible for the legal position taken by the players, Warner said, "The country will judge me by my deeds. If the country believes that I am a person who treats people unfairly, I will pay a price for that. If the country believes that I treat people fairly, I will also be praised for that. I don't have to prove anything to anybody, my deeds speak for themselves and this is good enough for me."

He added, "It's one man and one man only who has been fighting this thing, Shaka Hislop and his father. We have paid much more money than you have here.

"What is to gain in all this? What it shows of course is how frivolous this whole thing has been and what it does show is how one man, one person only could lead a multitude to do nonsense. It didn't have to reach this far, from $100 million to now $6 million."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: $7m for Soca Warriors
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
Mixed reaction from players
By Kern De Freitas

Story Created: Feb 25, 2011 at 11:43 PM ECT

For the 13 Soca Warriors involved in a legal battle against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), it was a bittersweet moment when they were awarded an interim payment of in excess of $7 million (US$1.1 million) yesterday.

Ex-T&T defender Brent Sancho, one of the most vocal players during the case that dates back to 2006, was relieved to finally have some progress in a matter that has had its fair share of twists and turns.

"It's a happy/sad moment because we're finally moving forward in the case. The sad point is where is the money gone because they (TTFF) can't show where the money is gone," Sancho said.

In 2006, 16 players took legal action against the TTFF over 2006 World Cup bonus money they claimed was promised by TTFF special adviser, now Minister of Works, Jack Warner.

After being awarded the money by a sports arbitration body in England, the TTFF took it to the local courts, where High Court Judge Devindra Rampersad ordered the TTFF to pay the players and asked to see the federation's books.

The Express learned that in addition to awarding the footballers an interim sum, to be confirmed next Friday, the TTFF has also been directed to redo their books and present them again to the courts.

Sancho yesterday called on Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Minister of Sports Anil Roberts to investigate the matter. He added that the players are happy with the judgment.

"Everybody is happy, but it is astonishing what happened with the accounts, where the money has gone. Where is the money going? Whose pocket is it lining? They want to get paid but in the end they want to see football do well."

George Hislop, father of former T&T goalkeeper Shaka Hislop and one of the legal counsel representing the players in the matter, said the result was a "favourable one" for them.

1]; } ?>