April 23, 2024, 01:42:24 PM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 96998 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Lies and untruths from the TTFA: Sancho strikes back
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:05 AM »
Tim Kee is not going after Jack, he is a woss.

Sancho and company had their chance to screw Jack and didn't eaither.

They cant expect another man to fight their battle.

One question, does the TTFA HAVE TO PAY THE 2006 WARRIORS ??

I find Sancho and company could join forces with the TTFA and all go after Jack, but that will not happen because of Tim Kee.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:20:36 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2014, 08:54:12 AM »
TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee stands firm on World Cup saga; Explains TTFA's position on the agreement with the 2006 Soca Warriors and tells them feel free to take the matter to Court.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vh-sVzNlSk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vh-sVzNlSk</a>

So yuh rude now.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2014, 10:25:36 AM »
Sancho will not risk putting the TTFA in court knowing that it will only affect his Central FC players/club who is looking for caps so they can get a foreign contracts.

I like Tim Kee attitude.

Stand up brother.

****message sent from Tim Kee's office****

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 31, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »
Sancho will not risk putting the TTFA in court knowing that it will only affect his Central FC players/club who is looking for caps so they can get a foreign contracts.

I like Tim Kee attitude.

Stand up brother.

****message sent from Tim Kee's office****

Who de f00ck is you, Tim Kee's special advisor.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 31, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee stands firm on World Cup saga; Explains TTFA's position on the agreement with the 2006 Soca Warriors and tells them feel free to take the matter to Court.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vh-sVzNlSk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vh-sVzNlSk</a>

Everything he said, Sancho already said all that. What's his point?

He does not fill me with confidence that T&T football has a bright future.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 31, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
De way Tim Kee talks, he does sound like a blasted coward.

I going down for Carnival, if ah meet him in any fete is f00cking clout for real, hard, hard calpat, he and he camera man Fuentes !!!

Ah hope Fuentes flim that.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 31, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
What a great man.......football owes him money and he still giving........sounds like another football philanthropist from years past......Channel 2&13.......so they siphoning money from FIFA via CONCACAF instead of finding the money that was stolen by the previous administration.........cowards and thieves
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:35:32 AM by FF »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 31, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
Losing respect more and more for Uncle Timo and he is showing more clearly the expected behaviors of a man who probably spent alot of time under the corrupting and soul-destroying tutelage of Jackulito. He clearly may have done some good recently and I am grateful especially when you compare it to hard core Renraw but I say no mercy for his manipulative current behavior. Notice the comments to the effect "I reserve the right to exercise my options" which was said in response to the theoretical scenario of Sancho & company deciding to go to court. This along with few other things he said in conjunction with the body language, I interpret as a threat to resign and jump ship from the TTFA post, under the Jackulito-esque arrogant premise/assumption that (paraphrasing) "I am your only hope to be reasonable with you Sancho and your band of misfits" and that "yuh better cool yuh tool" and "doh geh me angry or else "yuh on yuh own" and "mornkey go smoke yuh effin pipe when it comes to you EVER seeing justice without me (Uncle Timo)". Uncle Timo, I say to you bring it on!!! and let's also see how long you last on the ELECTED position of mayor while we go after the next in line ( football collapse or no football collapse). When there is enough collective pain including to all here, then you will see action on Renraw's alleged siphoned funds.  You need to show some awareness of public sentiment and address the burning question of what happened to and what you have to say about the millions in development-sabotaging missing funds which could be partially recovered with the right kind of collaboration with other powerful local and international stakeholders. Fühget the convenience of the gin and tonic water lime .... unless you too have a brown envelope trail to conceal. So watch yuh contents bro.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:14:36 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 31, 2014, 03:46:56 PM »
Is it just me or does Tim Kee sound a bit like Jack Warner? (I'm not talking about audibly)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 31, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
Losing respect more and more for Uncle Timo and he is showing more clearly the expected behaviors of a man who probably spent alot of time under the corrupting and soul-destroying tutelage of Jackulito. He clearly may have done some good recently and I am grateful especially when you compare it to hard core Renraw but I say no mercy for his manipulative current behavior. Notice the comments to the effect "I reserve the right to exercise my options" which was said in response to the theoretical scenario of Sancho & company deciding to go to court. This along with few other things he said in conjunction with the body language, I interpret as a threat to resign and jump ship from the TTFA post, under the Jackulito-esque arrogant premise/assumption that (paraphrasing) "I am your only hope to be reasonable with you Sancho and your band of misfits" and that "yuh better cool yuh tool" and "doh geh me angry or else "yuh on yuh own" and "mornkey go smoke yuh effin pipe when it comes to you EVER seeing justice without me (Uncle Timo)". Uncle Timo, I say to you bring it on!!! and let's also see how long you last on the ELECTED position of mayor while we go after the next in line ( football collapse or no football collapse). When there is enough collective pain including to all here, then you will see action on Renraw's alleged siphoned funds.  You need to show some awareness of public sentiment and address the burning question of what happened to and what you have to say about the millions in development-sabotaging missing funds which could be partially recovered with the right kind of collaboration with other powerful local and international stakeholders. Fühget the convenience of the gin and tonic water lime .... unless you too have a brown envelope trail to conceal. So watch yuh contents bro.

I does really wonder about some ah allyuh yes.  Tim Kee was extremely thorough and reasonable in his statements.  Sancho, and some of you here, seem more upset about the fact that the current administration has so far declined to take Jack to court, than over the fact that the payments are late.  There are legitimate reasons why the payments are late, as outlined in painstaking detail by Tim Kee, and it validates everything that I have been saying to FS so far:

1. The CONCACAF TV Rights monies were paid to the TTFA, and the TTFA used this money to make the lump sum payment to the players.

2. A Second payment (I believe in the amount of $200,000) was paid to the players after September... this is the controversial "development money" that Fuentes talked about, that has Sancho up in arms about "defending his honor."

3. Representations were made to the TTFA by CONCACAF that more monies were forthcoming, thru FIFA.  That money has been held up, but on the basis of that promise, the TTFA in good faith made the proposal they did to the players, with the payment plan.  Clearly the fact that the money hasn't been paid as promised is not the fault of the TTFA, and neither did FIFA say they money would not be forthcoming.  All they are asking is that the players be patient with them.

As for the bolded statements above... that might be how you interpret his comments, but actually what he is saying... and he actually stated it in clear terms, is that IF he really wanted, he could have the TTFA declare bankruptcy and wind down the business.  Under that scenario, any debt owed to the players would be erased.  That would of course be unfair to the players, but legally, he would be within his right to do it, and none of them would have any recourse.  Rather than go that route, he has taken the approach of trying to pay the players what is rightfully theirs... and yet here it is he's being lambasted and compared to Jack Warner.  This scorched earth approach by Sancho is very counter-productive.  I don't know who is whispering this "court" stuff in his ear, but it's foolish talk.  The only people who would benefit from that approach would be the lawyers, who will get their money either way.

This is also true of the "sue Jack Warner" campaign... yes, the TTFA could sue Jack, and very likely might prevail in proving that he stole money from the organization, but if the TTFA don't have any money now, how are they supposed to pay lawyers to go to court?  And let's not forget that these are TnT courts we're talking about.  It will be years before this case resolves... and then, another couple of years (if they win), and more lawyer fees to recover money from Jack.  In the end it very well might prove a Pyrrhic victory.  People not seeing that, they too busy wanting revenge against Jack to care.  Meanwhile for every year that any such suit drags on, resources will be diverted from our football... and the players would be standing with dey balls in dey hands because they won't be seeing a penny.  Yes right now they also not getting any money, but at least the organization trying to work with allyuh, just be reasonable and give them a chance to make good on their promise.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:24:53 PM by Bakes »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23:40 PM »
Look ah next set ah greedy players.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KTLlt83xmX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KTLlt83xmX8</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 31, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
Very well articulated Bakes...best post you have made on this website by far not that my comments count.

Sancho like he jus catch ah vaps...instead of ah JAPS....or..somebody chain up he head.

As you say...communication is KEY and Mr. Tim Kee is leaving d door open to them ....

Name anyone else who is presently experienced enough who would do a better job than Mr. Tim Kee as an Administrator in TNT...??

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:16:31 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 01, 2014, 02:05:59 AM »

I does really wonder about some ah allyuh yes.  Tim Kee was extremely thorough and reasonable in his statements.  Sancho, and some of you here, seem more upset about the fact that the current administration has so far declined to take Jack to court, than over the fact that the payments are late.  There are legitimate reasons why the payments are late, as outlined in painstaking detail by Tim Kee, and it validates everything that I have been saying to FS so far:

1. The CONCACAF TV Rights monies were paid to the TTFA, and the TTFA used this money to make the lump sum payment to the players.

2. A Second payment (I believe in the amount of $200,000) was paid to the players after September... this is the controversial "development money" that Fuentes talked about, that has Sancho up in arms about "defending his honor."

3. Representations were made to the TTFA by CONCACAF that more monies were forthcoming, thru FIFA.  That money has been held up, but on the basis of that promise, the TTFA in good faith made the proposal they did to the players, with the payment plan.  Clearly the fact that the money hasn't been paid as promised is not the fault of the TTFA, and neither did FIFA say they money would not be forthcoming.  All they are asking is that the players be patient with them.

As for the bolded statements above... that might be how you interpret his comments, but actually what he is saying... and he actually stated it in clear terms, is that IF he really wanted, he could have the TTFA declare bankruptcy and wind down the business.  Under that scenario, any debt owed to the players would be erased.  That would of course be unfair to the players, but legally, he would be within his right to do it, and none of them would have any recourse.  Rather than go that route, he has taken the approach of trying to pay the players what is rightfully theirs... and yet here it is he's being lambasted and compared to Jack Warner.  This scorched earth approach by Sancho is very counter-productive.  I don't know who is whispering this "court" stuff in his ear, but it's foolish talk.  The only people who would benefit from that approach would be the lawyers, who will get their money either way.

This is also true of the "sue Jack Warner" campaign... yes, the TTFA could sue Jack, and very likely might prevail in proving that he stole money from the organization, but if the TTFA don't have any money now, how are they supposed to pay lawyers to go to court?  And let's not forget that these are TnT courts we're talking about.  It will be years before this case resolves... and then, another couple of years (if they win), and more lawyer fees to recover money from Jack.  In the end it very well might prove a Pyrrhic victory.  People not seeing that, they too busy wanting revenge against Jack to care.  Meanwhile for every year that any such suit drags on, resources will be diverted from our football... and the players would be standing with dey balls in dey hands because they won't be seeing a penny.  Yes right now they also not getting any money, but at least the organization trying to work with allyuh, just be reasonable and give them a chance to make good on their promise.
Good post.  :beermug:

Now that I have watched the video and have seen both sides of the story I believe Sancho and the other Warriors need to be patient as going to the court right now will only benefit the lawyers if the TTFA has no money and are doing their best to live up to the agreement.

I also think while the TTFA is struggling to get back on its feet it is best to leave Jack right now until they are financially in a stronger position to go after him for their money sometime in the future.

Sancho and the rest of the Warriors I support you guys but I think Tim Kee has been doing his best to live up to the agreement but certain things are not in the TTFA's control.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:12:12 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 01, 2014, 04:50:41 AM »
I'm torn - I support Sancho's right to force the TTFA to honour the debt, but understand if what he's saying is true - that CONCACAF are not upholding their end of the bargain. Unless the deal explicitly stated teh dependency on CONCACAF money I'm not sure what the way to go is!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 01, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »
Good post.  :beermug:

Now that I have watched the video and have seen both sides of the story I believe Sancho and the other Warriors need to be patient as going to the court right now will only benefit the lawyers if the TTFA has no money and are doing their best to live up to the agreement.

I also think while the TTFA is struggling to get back on its feet it is best to leave Jack right now until they are financially in a stronger position to go after him for their money sometime in the future.

Sancho and the rest of the Warriors I support you guys but I think Tim Kee has been doing his best to live up to the agreement but certain things are not in the TTFA's control.

Fully agreed.  Anybody who have followed my posts over the years know that I have been firmly in the players' corner from the start.  My support of them never wavered.  I was the first person on this site to say that even though Jack's promise wasn't in writing, it still formed a valid contract and the players would win.  So this isn't about me all of a sudden being against them or for the TTFA.  I think there has been so much bad blood and distrust engendered these past 7 years that it's hard for the players to trust the TTFA, no matter who in charge.  But even if the players go to court tomorrow and get a judge to force the TTFA to live up to the agreement, where they getting money from?  A little bit of commonsense must prevail.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2014, 12:17:58 PM »

3. Representations were made to the TTFA by CONCACAF that more monies were forthcoming, thru FIFA.  That money has been held up, but on the basis of that promise, the TTFA in good faith made the proposal they did to the players, with the payment plan. Clearly the fact that the money hasn't been paid as promised is not the fault of the TTFA, and neither did FIFA say they money would not be forthcoming.  All they are asking is that the players be patient with them.

Why would you make an agreement on ghost money? That is the TTFF fault. You can say Sancho and they should be patient, but you cannot absolve the TTFA from their responsibility by blaming FIFA.

Would that hold up in court Bakes? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Why would you make an agreement on ghost money? That is the TTFF fault. You can say Sancho and they should be patient, but you cannot absolve the TTFA from their responsibility by blaming FIFA.

Absolutely.  If the TTFA could demonstrate that every time FIFA made similar promises in the past they have come thru, then their reliance on the FIFA promise in this instance was reasonable and justified.  The change in circumstances was beyond their control.  Not only that, the TTFA has a ton of evidence on their side demonstrating that they've been acting in good faith in trying to pay the players.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 01, 2014, 06:34:57 PM »

Absolutely.  If the TTFA could demonstrate that every time FIFA made similar promises in the past they have come thru, then their reliance on the FIFA promise in this instance was reasonable and justified.  The change in circumstances was beyond their control.  Not only that, the TTFA has a ton of evidence on their side demonstrating that they've been acting in good faith in trying to pay the players.

Obviously, I tend to see the players point of view first, so of course I am bias.
But surely if you make an agreement with someone, as a point of law, can you be absolved of your responsibilities because somebody else didn't pay you? I understand that the judge may have sympathy with the efforts made, and may award TTFA more time, but even then I'm sure he'd want a confirmed source of payment?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2014, 07:11:27 PM »

Obviously, I tend to see the players point of view first, so of course I am bias.
But surely if you make an agreement with someone, as a point of law, can you be absolved of your responsibilities because somebody else didn't pay you? I understand that the judge may have sympathy with the efforts made, and may award TTFA more time, but even then I'm sure he'd want a confirmed source of payment?

Ok..Let me ask you this, FS. When the players take TTFA to court, in this case...and win, cause contract/agreement or what ever reason,..what will happen then ?  Unless, yáll can show some evidence of some alternative secret bank account, I don't have no idea.
So I am not question the judgement, but what in your view, is an theoretical effective end result ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 01, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
Ok..Let me ask you this, FS. When the players take TTFA to court, in this case...and win, cause contract/agreement or what ever reason,..what will happen then ?  Unless, yáll can show some evidence of some alternative secret bank account, I don't have no idea.
So I am not question the judgement, but what in your view, is an theoretical effective end result ?

Thank you!  I wasn't going to get into yet another back and forth with FS, I see no need to get on that hamster wheel.  It matters not what I think a judge will or won't do.  The fact is we are where we are, so what do we do from here?  FS hasn't addressed Tim Kee's comments and how they square with his previous arguments.  I maintained that the players received a $200,000 payment after September, he swore I was wrong.  Well Tim Kee confirmed it.  Let Sancho and the others prove him a liar if he's wrong.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
Well guys, I have no idea exactly what the players expect if they go back to court. I have spoken to one or two of the players, but, as yet, I'm not a party to their strategy. But I think one thing is abundantly clear (and hasn't been mentioned yet): If TTFA/TTFF whoever, are closed down, the players risk losing everything they have been promised.
Back in the day, the players said that this was about principle as well as dollars. For 20 years, they believed, football had been raped. Those that were guilty should be brought to justice and the money returned.
Has nobody considered that this may also be their motive? After all, we're always talking about one political party not chasing down the previous regime and by not doing so, they're just as guilty.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 01, 2014, 08:53:18 PM »
Well guys, I have no idea exactly what the players expect if they go back to court. I have spoken to one or two of the players, but, as yet, I'm not a party to their strategy. But I think one thing is abundantly clear (and hasn't been mentioned yet): If TTFA/TTFF whoever, are closed down, the players risk losing everything they have been promised.
Back in the day, the players said that this was about principle as well as dollars. For 20 years, they believed, football had been raped. Those that were guilty should be brought to justice and the money returned.
Has nobody considered that this may also be their motive? After all, we're always talking about one political party not chasing down the previous regime and by not doing so, they're just as guilty.

Are you serious??

...  Sancho, and some of you here, seem more upset about the fact that the current administration has so far declined to take Jack to court, than over the fact that the payments are late.

----

is that IF he really wanted, he could have the TTFA declare bankruptcy and wind down the business.  Under that scenario, any debt owed to the players would be erased.  That would of course be unfair to the players, but legally, he would be within his right to do it, and none of them would have any recourse.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 01, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
Reverse Jedi psychology bout nuttin from nuttin is nuttin.........burn it down tuh d ground and let somebody else start it from scratch

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 01, 2014, 09:46:17 PM »
So with a closed down TTFA/TTFF. What would be the state of TT football ? Doesn't that mean no more staff, National Team competitions etc ? Doesn't that mean, no more Concacaf, & Fifa tournaments for clubs, players etc.  What about transfers to other Higher level pro teams . how is that affected ? Ok, one option. The other, to keep us in Concacaf, they(maybe with FIFA) pays the debt. What is their motivation (or justification - to give a few players on the richest island in the region money ) Does the region bring in great returns for FIFA ?  What does our women programs do, who does development at any level? just shooting questions on the fly, no deep thought..
My mother work over 40 years as a civil servant, never took a holiday, she never managed to accumulate 100 K in unit trust. If a few of the players really under suffrage for their monies, that is rightfully theirs for bringing so much, pride, investment and positive guidance to our youth. My mom never managed to do any of that, she just showed up for work everyday, and so did many of TT youth grands, many of them played football too, and cricket, and they weren't pros..but I digress..
 Given the situation at present in our society and our moving into the 21st century of today, maybe it doesn't matter if TTFA is shut down, cause the new world order football and the crooks it developed may have played a detrimental role in our development as well. Maybe there is to much money promised and floating around to to few, and causing the  many to seek easy ways of acquisition, poisioning themselves slowly in the process.

I really at a lost here on what is the best way to proceed.. The players have the right, yes..but is it practical to excersie the right at this time ?
add: Can FIFA takeConCACAF o court for money given to TTFA, earmarked for development, which hTim Kee emphatically stated was told to them , he would use it to play the players ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 09:59:00 PM by maxg »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 01, 2014, 10:03:45 PM »
add: Can FIFA takeConCACAF o court for money given to TTFA, earmarked for development, which hTim Kee emphatically stated was told to them , he would use it to play the players ?

FIFA gave them permission to use it to pay the players... Tim Kee explained all of that.  FIFA couldn't just give them money to pay off the debt, lest every other Federation come with hat in hand, so the money was designated for "development" with the understanding that it would be put towards the debt.  Other similar payments were to follow, but then the situation in Brazil forced FIFA's hand, and the money got held up.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 01, 2014, 10:07:24 PM »

Thank you!  I wasn't going to get into yet another back and forth with FS, I see no need to get on that hamster wheel.  It matters not what I think a judge will or won't do.  The fact is we are where we are, so what do we do from here?  FS hasn't addressed Tim Kee's comments and how they square with his previous arguments.  I maintained that the players received a $200,000 payment after September, he swore I was wrong.  Well Tim Kee confirmed it.  Let Sancho and the others prove him a liar if he's wrong.

I am not dealing with what they could get, just that the TTFA IS responsible for the payment and not FIFA or CONCACAF. Obviously, the TTFA have no money and cannot pay them. That I am not disputing. What I am disputing is that the TTFA is DIRECTLY responsible for the payment and the reason/excuse that they give about FIFA holds no water.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 01, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »

Are you serious??

...  Sancho, and some of you here, seem more upset about the fact that the current administration has so far declined to take Jack to court, than over the fact that the payments are late.

----

is that IF he really wanted, he could have the TTFA declare bankruptcy and wind down the business.  Under that scenario, any debt owed to the players would be erased.  That would of course be unfair to the players, but legally, he would be within his right to do it, and none of them would have any recourse.

Saying people may be upset isn't the same as saying that this may be their motive behind threatening court. And saying their debts may be erased is a consequence not a motive. In any case, I may be mistaken about their reasons, but it just struck me that (in my view) that scenario had not been debated here.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 01, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »
Saying people may be upset isn't the same as saying that this may be their motive behind threatening court. And saying their debts may be erased is a consequence not a motive. In any case, I may be mistaken about their reasons, but it just struck me that (in my view) that scenario had not been debated here.

As usual, you will see what you want to see.  The suggestion has been clear that this could be more about forcing the TTFA to take Jack to court.  Second, no one said "their debts may be erased", I said their debts would be erased.  The context of the statement is clear both from what I posted, and what Tim Kee said.  He considered the bankruptcy route, which is to say he gave it thought, but didn't think it would be fair to the players.  He also made it clear that if the players forced his hand by taking the TTFA to court over the delayed payments, that he reserves the right to declare bankruptcy and wind down the organization.  You still think that's "consequence" and not motive?  Okay.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 01, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »

FIFA gave them permission to use it to pay the players... Tim Kee explained all of that.  FIFA couldn't just give them money to pay off the debt, lest every other Federation come with hat in hand, so the money was designated for "development" with the understanding that it would be put towards the debt.  Other similar payments were to follow, but then the situation in Brazil forced FIFA's hand, and the money got held up.
ok, got it..thanks

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 02, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
Ok..hear my plan..snd is probably the plan all along...Take the TTFA to court..They close shop. Apply to CONCACAF and FIFA to run football in the country.

1]; } ?>