April 17, 2024, 08:36:30 PM

Author Topic: W/Cup bonus judgment next week.  (Read 96787 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors, TTFF to face T&T Courts
« Reply #780 on: July 08, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
Why do you think he does not want to go after his teacher for the players money?

Pro you really serious. You want to see another 8 yrs of rigmarole!

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
Both of them could f**k right off together...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 08, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
PM settles Warriors bonus dispute.
By MIRANDA LA ROSE (Newsday).

While Government was under no legal obligation to make any payment to the players, Persad-Bissessar said, “we are not unmindful of the long and protracted legal battles waged by these football heroes of ours, and the situation today is that the players are still owed and entitled to a payment from an entity in the TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) that is unlikely to be in a position to pay.

Pappyshow and f**kery.  If you know the TTFA cannot pay the money then what is the point of paying the players directly and deliberately leaving open the possibility that the players could still go on and seek collection efforts against the same organization you said cannot pay?  Why not give the TTFA the money with the stipulation that it be spent on the outstanding debt?  this making Sancho and them look like they just out for money, no matter what they say.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see on what basis they plan on continuing this farce of a winding up petition currently before the courts.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:41 AM »
PM settles Warriors bonus dispute.
By MIRANDA LA ROSE (Newsday).

While Government was under no legal obligation to make any payment to the players, Persad-Bissessar said, “we are not unmindful of the long and protracted legal battles waged by these football heroes of ours, and the situation today is that the players are still owed and entitled to a payment from an entity in the TTFF (Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation) that is unlikely to be in a position to pay.

Pappyshow and f**kery.  If you know the TTFA cannot pay the money then what is the point of paying the players directly and deliberately leaving open the possibility that the players could still go on and seek collection efforts against the same organization you said cannot pay?  Why not give the TTFA the money with the stipulation that it be spent on the outstanding debt?  this making Sancho and them look like they just out for money, no matter what they say.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see on what basis they plan on continuing this farce of a winding up petition currently before the courts.

Bakes, I think this is exactly the point If you know the TTFA cannot pay the money  It would appear to me from the TTFA statement that the govt were supposed to give the money to TTFA who would then pay the players and clear their debt, and this probably would have happened had Jack still been part of the PP govt. Now, with Tim-Kee representing PNM, the govt have helped "the victims" (the players) but by paying the money directly and calling it a loan, they have purposely pushed the players towards closing down TTFA to suit their political agenda. While the players may recognise this, their first priority was to get what they were promised and to see those guilty exposed and, possibly, prosecuted.

The interesting element of this "pappyshow" is that the players were attacked on the 2010 election platforms by the very same people who have now recognised them!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:29 AM »
??? Can someone please explain to me how you can pay off someone's debt by loaning the money to the injured party??? ???
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:49 PM »
with Tim-Kee representing PNM

They will not make Tim Kee look good. Pappyshow on Jack, the former HNIC and a shot at PNM. Although PNM it have nothing worry about as far as the players are concerned.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 08, 2014, 04:08:27 PM »
As Tim-Kee said, TTFA have been asking Govt to help pay the players. Hello, Tim-Kee is PNM, so that was never going to happen.

So, instead of giving the money to TTFA to pay the players (which would get TTFA off the hook) Kamla "loaned" the money directly, circumventing TTFA, who still owe the players.

Basically, it is hoped that TTFA will still have to go after Warner (which will make Kamla happy) and could still be wound up (which would also make Kamla happy)

TTFA are still in big trouble and have gained no kudos from the settlement.

Of course, there is no guarantee that the players will pursue the case with any gusto (after all, many of the 13 did nothing to help win the case in the first place!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 08, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
Well d "propagandaring" done start......... how she make time to do dat advert ..............these people chupid and transparent politicking is behond words .......why it take four years

it jus run today during d world cup match today
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:11:57 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:32 AM »
Warriors still searching for missing $$
By Ian Prescott (Express).

WC players happy to be paid but...

Players from Trinidad and Tobago’s 2006 World Cup football team have indicated an intention to pursue a legal battle against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), despite Government on Monday agreeing to pay a final US $1.3 million settlement owed to them by the local governing body for football.

Yesterday, the Express polled a wide range of persons in the local fraternity for comment on the issue, including former players and administrators, over several generations. However, only  a few were willing to speak on record.

It was unanimously agreed that the matter should now end in the interest of football. And it was suggested that the former Soca Warriors be careful they do not end up being looked upon as a “greedy” bunch. However, that notion was dismissed by former Soca Warriors defender and players’ representative Brent Sancho.

Among the few willing to speak on record were Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee president Brian Lewis and Jamaal Shabazz, the former Trinidad and Tobago men’s and women’s teams national coach.

Sancho presented the players’ view.

Sancho said that as a group of 13 players, they still had to discuss the next move forward. But, he added they wanted to know how the funds raised for the 2006 World Cup were spent.

“ I don’t think some people understand what we are trying to do. Our getting paid has nothing to do with the litigation process against the Federation,” Sancho declared. “We are on a quest to find out where the money went.”

Meanwhile, Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee president Lewis said his understanding is that the final US $1.3 million settlement reached would have been an integrated effort of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) , Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar and  probably the Minister of Sport. He congratulated all concerned, but hoped that in the interest of development and young footballers, the sport should be allowed to move on.

“I think an opportunity has been presented here by the Prime Minister and the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, and I say this with respect to all the parties concerned,” Lewis said.

“It is timely in that the current World Cup is about to end and qualifying for a new one is expected to begin in the near future.”

Lewis said qualifying for the World Cup in 2006 should have been the take-off point for Trinidad and Tobago as a football nation. Instead, he suggested the fact that T&T did not factor in 2010 and 2014 should be of greater concern.

“I feel it important that the matter is now put to rest. I would expect that this chapter in the history of Trinidad and Tobago Football as it relates to 2006 to now be closed, ” Lewis added. “It is an important opportunity to move football forward.”

Shabazz voiced similar sentiments.

“I am persona non grata with the TTFA, so anything I say regarding this matter has the tendency to heavily tainted,” the former T&T and Guyana national coach said.

“I am happy that the players received their money. But, I feel the opportunity is there to move on to the work ahead.”

However, Sancho insisted that it was important to determine where TT $200 million in funds raised during the 2006 World Cup campaign went.

“We owe it to every single Trinidad and Tobagonian to unearth where that money gone and try to recoup it,” Sancho said. “Despite financial remuneration we are going to stick to our pursuit. We owe it to football, we owe it to the developmental players.

“We are not saying that we are going to bankrupt anyone. I think the TTFA is doing a good enough job of that themselves,” Sancho added. “We said we are going to explore those avenues to unearth those monies that we said are missing.

“Now if  it means we have to go down a certain road inclusive of closing (them) down, then we have to. If it doesn’t, then we don’t,” Sancho added. “But we all know that we have to go after the person that is culpable for the money that is missing.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 09, 2014, 04:32:51 AM »
LETTER TO THE PM FROM PRESIDENT TIM KEE
TTFA Website

The Honourable Kamla Persad Bissessar S.C.
Prime Minister
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Office of the Prime Minister
13-15 St. Clair Avenue

Dear Honourable Prime Minister,

Thank  you!

After 11 months of collaboration and discussion between our organization and your office as well as other ministries, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association would like to express our gratitude for your acknowledging the outstanding debt owed to the 2006 Soca Warriors. This is a tremendously important and joyous day for all of us football lovers.

Records will indicate, our initial efforts focused on the invaluable role government can play in making football relevant again in Trinidad and Tobago, starting with addressing the vexing issue surrounding the debts owed to the ’06 Warriors and others such as Russell Latapy and other members of our technical staff.
The sport of football plays a immeasurable role in this nation and the rest of the world as the world’s most popular sport. The attention commanded by the World Cup in Brazil further underscores the depth and reach of the sport.

As the entity recognized by FIFA to govern football in Trinidad and Tobago, we are particularly pleased that after months of discussion between our organization and the
government, as reflected in the attached correspondence, football in Trinidad and Tobago will thrive as a result of your benevolence.
It continues to be our firm belief that football can be used as an effective and compelling tool for crime reduction and community development.
Honourable Prime Minister, on behalf of our Executive, administration, and rest of our football family, we say thank you very much indeed.

Warm Regards,

Raymond Tim Kee
President
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association

cc:     Mr. Joseph 'Sepp' Blatter- President, FIFA

Mr. Jeffrey Webb- VP, FIFA , President- CONCACAF
Mr. Howard McIntosh- FIFA Development Officer

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 09, 2014, 11:01:44 AM »
Sancho yuh on de fleckin' ball dread!! I am once again VERY proud of you for pursuing principle and not getting happy with what yuh get fuh yuhself and yuh padnahs. Let's push to find where that money went. This malignant cancer must be cut out with radical surgery before it spreads and takes over the WHOLE football body. Press on soldyah!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »
Sure, but Kee has published that letter for a rather obvious purpose. Lawyers, can you clarify if that letter (and a non-response) would be enough to support their claim in court? Surely they need some sap to reply to that letter for it to be worthwhile?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 09, 2014, 11:27:48 AM »
Sure, but Kee has published that letter for a rather obvious purpose. Lawyers, can you clarify if that letter (and a non-response) would be enough to support their claim in court? Surely they need some sap to reply to that letter for it to be worthwhile?

It just says that the govt acknowledged the debt, not that they relieved TTFA of it! This would mean nothing court as far as I can see!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:25 PM »
People does call Trinbagonians chupid and ullible, that we are a banana republic because anyone can tief money and no jail or even accountability. But here you have a group willing to go the distance for accountability and they getting maligned, not only by locals, but expat also.
What the hell we want. Sancho and they showing exactly what T&T need, leaders who are willing to put those in charge to the sword even it mean public ridicule. This is the type of leadership we are truly lacking.

Good going Sancho, I hope you stick to your guns and let them know we have to do different. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #794 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »
interesting developments... could lead to a total clean up of TTFA  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
People does call Trinbagonians chupid and ullible, that we are a banana republic because anyone can tief money and no jail or even accountability. But here you have a group willing to go the distance for accountability and they getting maligned, not only by locals, but expat also.
What the hell we want. Sancho and they showing exactly what T&T need, leaders who are willing to put those in charge to the sword even it mean public ridicule. This is the type of leadership we are truly lacking.

Good going Sancho, I hope you stick to your guns and let them know we have to do different. 

ent BUT he better than me I would run and let the ungrateful lot continue to spin top in mud. Cue Sparrow we like it so in fact we luv it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #796 on: July 09, 2014, 01:49:51 PM »
FROM BRENT SANCHO

RE....

Guys,

I would like to personally thank you and all of the other members of the socawarriors website for your moral support during this ordeal. I personally intend to fight on in whatever way possible to get the missing monies from the 2006 World Cup back into the coffers of the TTFA. Although money does not necessarily equate to instant success, I believe structural changes within the current administration is imperative to see our beloved nation reach the highs equivalent of the 2006 Germany World Cup team. We may have won the battle but the war is far from over. Looking forward to soldiering on with you guys, you guys are amazing, all of you.

Thanks again
Regards Brent

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 09, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »
there is so much read between the lines in this...... but ah tink ah getting a clearer picture.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:26:38 PM by royal »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 09, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
Sancho yuh on de fleckin' ball dread!! I am once again VERY proud of you for pursuing principle and not getting happy with what yuh get fuh yuhself and yuh padnahs. Let's push to find where that money went. This malignant cancer must be cut out with radical surgery before it spreads and takes over the WHOLE football body. Press on soldyah!!

How is pursuing the debt owed to the players... to the point of winding down the TTFA going to lead to an investigation and discovery of where the $200 million went?  Can you or anyone else championing this quixotic 'cause' explain that?

Shaka Hislop should be be spoke person of this cause because he has been able to articulate the issue clearly without any abrasive emotion. He was very cool and calm and was able to discuss it without seeming angry but just made me ask questions and want the same answers he wants. Something Sancho (no offense ) has NEVER been able to do for me. Well done Shaka.

Shaka ent finish yet... it have more in the pestle  ;)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:25 PM »

How is pursuing the debt owed to the players... to the point of winding down the TTFA going to lead to an investigation and discovery of where the $200 million went?  Can you or anyone else championing this quixotic 'cause' explain that?

As I understand it, and I'm sure you'll either agree or correct me, but if TTFA are wound up by the court, I believe that an forensic auditor would be appointed to determine where any outstanding or unaccounted for funds could be recovered and to determine if there has been any mismanagement of funds, criminal or otherwise. I believe that only TTFA can actually pursue their representatives who may have pilfered their money. It would appear that the only way this will happen is through the winding up of TTFA. I fail to comprehend why this is a quixotic cause when the whole country is currently up in arms about the corruption in LifeSport. The mismanagement of taxpayers millions should be of paramount concern. There were people here who criticised the players for being greedy or impatient or worse. Well now the elephant in the room has been removed, surely this crusade is worthy of support by all T&T football supporters.

Shaka Hislop should be be spoke person of this cause because he has been able to articulate the issue clearly without any abrasive emotion. He was very cool and calm and was able to discuss it without seeming angry but just made me ask questions and want the same answers he wants. Something Sancho (no offense ) has NEVER been able to do for me. Well done Shaka.

Shaka ent finish yet... it have more in the pestle  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 09, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »
As I understand it, and I'm sure you'll either agree or correct me, but if TTFA are wound up by the court, I believe that an forensic auditor would be appointed to determine where any outstanding or unaccounted for funds could be recovered and to determine if there has been any mismanagement of funds, criminal or otherwise. I believe that only TTFA can actually pursue their representatives who may have pilfered their money. It would appear that the only way this will happen is through the winding up of TTFA. I fail to comprehend why this is a quixotic cause when the whole country is currently up in arms about the corruption in LifeSport. The mismanagement of taxpayers millions should be of paramount concern. There were people here who criticised the players for being greedy or impatient or worse. Well now the elephant in the room has been removed, surely this crusade is worthy of support by all T&T football supporters.

1. Can you, Brent, Townley or any other associated party point to a court precedent where a TnT court has paid for forensic accounting at all... let alone in a situation that involves a dispute between private parties?

2. If the issue is the 'pilfering' of government/public funds, then the cause of action belongs to the GoRTT.  How come nobody is haranguing the Government for not conducting an audit or going after their benefactor the thief?

3. What does this have to do with LifeSport?  Seriously?  The GoRTT just handed over near $2 million USD of taxpayer money to yuh friends... no question asked.  Even Townley and all skeptical of touching it... but not the players.  Sancho was described as "emotional" upon getting the money from Santa Kams.  Did he say "no" or question the propriety of this gift/loan of public monies?  Did anybody say that this gross and obvious "mismanagement of taxpayers millions should be of paramount concern" as you put it?  Did the public have any say?  Was there even Parliamentary debate?  But of course... this was never about the money, right.

4. This is "quixotic" because anyone reading between the lines can see that this pursuit of 'justice' in searching for missing funds is mere pretext to the real purpose of all this agitation by Sancho... which is complete overhauling of the TTFA, where he would stand to be a prime benefactor should any vacuum in TnT football arise.

5. Unrelated to anything that you said... but since we talking about 'elephant in the room' and elaborating on "quixotic"... Sancho should think twice about any aspirations for replacing the TTFA as the officially recognized footballing body in TnT.  FIFA is unlikely to be accommodating to any such overtures.  But of course, nobody can deny him his right to try.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:54:27 PM by Bakes »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #801 on: July 10, 2014, 02:07:27 AM »
Sancho: No date yet for payment
By Andrew Gioannetti (Guardian).

Former national defender, Brent Sancho, the spokesman for the 13 2006 World Cup players locked in a legal battle with the T&T Football Association (TTFA) said he was unsure when the US$1.3 million (TT$7.8m) offered by the Government to settle the bonus dispute will be paid.

Speaking to the Guardian yesterday, Sancho said he has not yet discussed the timing of the payment offered by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, but plans on doing so when she returns to T&T. Persad-Bissessar is currently on a private visit to Brazil for the World Cup.

“We haven’t dealt with that (time frame) as yet. When the Prime Minister returns then we will have to discuss it,” Sancho said.

On Monday, before she departed for Brazil to witness the World Cup semifinal contest between the host and Germany, Persad-Bissessar announced at a media conference at the Diplomatic Centre in St Ann’s, that the Government will foot the bill for the outstanding US$1.3 million owed to the players by the TTFA for their part in revenue earned by the then T&T Football Federation for the team’s historic qualification for 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Following a settlement by the court of arbitration, the players were paid US$1.7 million out of US$3 million. Due to the TTFA’s failure to meet specified payment dates, Sancho recently threatened to “wind up” the local governing body for football.

On Monday, the same day she left for Brazil, Persad-Bissessar announced that, while under no legal obligation, she consulted with members of Cabinet including Attorney General Anand Ramlogan and the Minister of Finance Larry Howai, where an agreement was reached to pay the Soca Warriors the balance of US$1.3 million owed to them.

According to Howai, the funds will be taken from the Ministry of Sport’s budgetary allocation.

“On the eve of the FIFA World Cup semifinals, I think it is appropriate that we honour these players and settle their long outstanding battle for the payments due them.

“Let us move beyond the grievances and rekindle the spirit of togetherness and patriotism engendered by such a historic moment,” Persad-Bissessar said.

However, Sancho revealed that he, along with the players, would continue to pursue the TTFA in an attempt to uncover the “actual” revenue earned from the 2006 World Cup qualifying and plans on using the released funds as a “platform” to do so.

“What we’re doing is trying to pursue the person or those responsible. It is not (for) the monetary gain. The persons responsible should be held to account. This a matter of principle, transparency and accountability. They have to repay what was stolen, the $200 million,” Sancho said.

He said that the money paid to the players by the Government would be returned to taxpayers if the players are successful in its pursuit of the TTFA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 10, 2014, 04:13:14 AM »

1. Can you, Brent, Townley or any other associated party point to a court precedent where a TnT court has paid for forensic accounting at all... let alone in a situation that involves a dispute between private parties?

2. If the issue is the 'pilfering' of government/public funds, then the cause of action belongs to the GoRTT.  How come nobody is haranguing the Government for not conducting an audit or going after their benefactor the thief?

3. What does this have to do with LifeSport?  Seriously?  The GoRTT just handed over near $2 million USD of taxpayer money to yuh friends... no question asked.  Even Townley and all skeptical of touching it... but not the players.  Sancho was described as "emotional" upon getting the money from Santa Kams.  Did he say "no" or question the propriety of this gift/loan of public monies?  Did anybody say that this gross and obvious "mismanagement of taxpayers millions should be of paramount concern" as you put it?  Did the public have any say?  Was there even Parliamentary debate?  But of course... this was never about the money, right.

4. This is "quixotic" because anyone reading between the lines can see that this pursuit of 'justice' in searching for missing funds is mere pretext to the real purpose of all this agitation by Sancho... which is complete overhauling of the TTFA, where he would stand to be a prime benefactor should any vacuum in TnT football arise.

5. Unrelated to anything that you said... but since we talking about 'elephant in the room' and elaborating on "quixotic"... Sancho should think twice about any aspirations for replacing the TTFA as the officially recognized footballing body in TnT.  FIFA is unlikely to be accommodating to any such overtures.  But of course, nobody can deny him his right to try.

When one is without anything relevant to say, I guess there are two options: say nothing or spout  :bs:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #803 on: July 10, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »

When one is without anything relevant to say, I guess there are two options: say nothing or spout  :bs:

bakes makes some very valid points actually... dismissing it as BS is simply an easy way out...

always liked sancho as a player and i am happy the players got their money, but lets say for argument sake they lose this war in the end, then what? when will they stop? for me it seems they are doing this for themselves and not for the greater good of football.. crucifying jw is something that should be left to the govt and authorities...

sancho and the players need to tell young footballers that national football will not make them millionaires and spending mass amounts in court makes lawyers and the system richer, not the players...

make your money playing club football, national football is not the place to become a millionaire...

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 10, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
You need to see Shaka interview I think. I was thinking the same way until I saw him speak on it. I want to know what Jack did with all that money. ( who are we kidding, we know what he did with it). I just wish there was a way for the football to move forward and deal with this issue at the same time or is it that the parties involved now were also part of the problems.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #805 on: July 10, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »
You need to see Shaka interview I think. I was thinking the same way until I saw him speak on it. I want to know what Jack did with all that money. ( who are we kidding, we know what he did with it). I just wish there was a way for the football to move forward and deal with this issue at the same time or is it that the parties involved now were also part of the problems.

is any part of that 100 million owed to the players? if not, why are they playing IRS and FBI? play football and advance the game...

sancho and them should read my analysis and post on how you are voted in as ttfa president and direct their energies there and looking for the next yorke or latas domestically to develop and play national football..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 10, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »

I see you are just intent on being an ass... you will henceforth be treated as such accordingly.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 10, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »
bakes makes some very valid points actually... dismissing it as BS is simply an easy way out...

always liked sancho as a player and i am happy the players got their money, but lets say for argument sake they lose this war in the end, then what? when will they stop? for me it seems they are doing this for themselves and not for the greater good of football.. crucifying jw is something that should be left to the govt and authorities...

sancho and the players need to tell young footballers that national football will not make them millionaires and spending mass amounts in court makes lawyers and the system richer, not the players...

make your money playing club football, national football is not the place to become a millionaire...

I actually don't have any issue with them going after Jack, but they want to get to Jack by going thru the TTFA and eradicating them.  To what end... so that Sancho could then offer himself as heir apparent to the dead TTFA?  Would FIFA stand for that?  In the end I could be wrong about Sancho... and I hope I am.  I don't know him personally but I am good friends with his sister and he's a fella I always had the utmost respect for.  This however smells like naked ambition to me, as strategically, there seems no other logical explanation for it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #808 on: July 10, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »

I actually don't have any issue with them going after Jack, but they want to get to Jack by going thru the TTFA and eradicating them.  To what end... so that Sancho could then offer himself as heir apparent to the dead TTFA?  Would FIFA stand for that?  In the end I could be wrong about Sancho... and I hope I am.  I don't know him personally but I am good friends with his sister and he's a fella I always had the utmost respect for.  This however smells like naked ambition to me, as strategically, there seems no other logical explanation for it.

once again yuh making a lot of sense  :beermug:

it's a pity other posters are equating your logic/insight to maligned statements, I can only see that happening when certain posters know certain ulterior motives of certain parties, however I am no one to judge Sancho, bc I also support him. Too bad this whole scenario seems to be smoke and mirrors, especially with the government's sudden involvement, once again jmho..

good talk otherwise bakes...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #809 on: July 10, 2014, 03:18:40 PM »

I actually don't have any issue with them going after Jack, but they want to get to Jack by going thru the TTFA and eradicating them. To what end... so that Sancho could then offer himself as heir apparent to the dead TTFA?  Would FIFA stand for that?  In the end I could be wrong about Sancho... and I hope I am.  I don't know him personally but I am good friends with his sister and he's a fella I always had the utmost respect for.  This however smells like naked ambition to me, as strategically, there seems no other logical explanation for it.

great questions... if that is sancho's mission, then why not share it? maybe he will get the backing, backing he would never have imagined in the first place... nothing ventured nothing gained, but at what cost though?

transparency and fifa is another thing, i wish we could get an answer to that question of whether they will stand for it, maybe a revisiting of the rules... or it may take even more than that, which i assume..

1]; } ?>