April 18, 2024, 09:16:27 AM

Author Topic: Stern jus score for Coventry!!  (Read 2603 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stern jus score for Coventry!!
« on: April 23, 2005, 08:52:03 AM »
*crossing fingers*

Hope he really back...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Half time report
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »
Panama watch yuh back!   ;D

The Sky Blues lead by a goal to nil at Plymouth thanks to a goal from Stern John right on the stroke of half time
Micky Adams made three changes to the starting line-up for the game against the Pilgrims, as the Sky Blues welcomed back skipper Stephen Hughes into midfield.
John started up front in place of Shaun Goater while Andrew Whing was the surprise name on the teamsheet, coming into the team for Marcus Hall.
Richard Duffy switched to left back and the Welshman made an anxious start in the unfamiliar position as he dribbled the ball towards his own goal but managed to get himself out of danger. Plymouth - playing an attacking 4-3-3 formation - had been in fine form at Home Park prior to this match, recording four wins and two draws in their last six fixtures on their own turf. They looked particularly dangerous from set pieces as they forced a couple of corners inside the opening five minutes, which the Sky Blues defended well.
In the tenth minute Stern John nearly gave City the lead with an acrobatic effort. Dele Adebola flicked on a long throw and John connected sweetly with an overhead kick which only just missed the target.
In the 17th minute, Coughlan nearly gave Plymouth the lead but his header from a Buzsaky corner flew inches over the bar.
Plymouth then had shouts for a penalty waved away when Micky Evans' throughball struck Andrew Whing. Plymouth's players thought the ball had struck his hand but the referee did not have a clear view and gave City the benefit of the doubt.
Whing was looking solid on his return to the side and he made a perfectly timed challenge on Buzsaky on the half-hour mark as the Hungarian midfielder looked to burst through on goal.
The right back was putting in a fine defensive performance but with five minutes left in the half he could have given City the lead if he were more clinical in front of goal. Pushed forward for a corner the ball broke for him six yards from goal but he failed to connect with what would have been a free header.
But right on the stroke of half time, the Sky Blues had the lead as John finished coolly. Adebola caught Wotton in possession and when the ball broke to John, he calmly took it around McCormick and slotted it into an empty net.

Coventry: Steele; Whing; Page; Staunton; Duffy; McSheffrey; Doyle; Hughes; Dyer; John, Adebola. Subs: Pressman; Benjamin; Morrell; Goater; Jorgensen

Plymouth: McCormick; Worrell; Gilbert; Coughlan; Norris; Buzsaky; Evans; Wotton; Aljofree; Blackstock; Chadwick. Subs: Lasley; Doumbe; Taylor; Capaldi; Summerfield

truetrini

Re: Stern jus score for Coventry!!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 10:08:53 AM »
Bench Stern now, he not scoring and e playing lazy! ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 10:35:11 AM by truetrini »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 10:19:59 AM »
Bens Stern now, e not scoring and e playing lazy! ::) ::) ::) ::)

hahaha

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 10:37:52 AM »
DCS, as I asked the Stern bashers recently:  "Show me a T&T strinker with a better strinke rate than Stern."

Yet they simply replied, he lazy, he days done, he cyar score, he missing sitters.

Stern always missing sitters.  If he did not he would have scored about 150 international goals.

Fact is with a side like T&T, yuh cyar afford to bench yuh ONLY proven striker for proven stinkers.

But den again I is NOT ah big coach like some oddersw here at all!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »
DCS, as I asked the Stern bashers recently:  "Show me a T&T strinker with a better strinke rate than Stern."

Yet they simply replied, he lazy, he days done, he cyar score, he missing sitters.

Stern always missing sitters.  If he did not he would have scored about 150 international goals.

Fact is with a side like T&T, yuh cyar afford to bench yuh ONLY proven striker for proven stinkers.

But den again I is NOT ah big coach like some oddersw here at all!

Yuh talkin SHIT.  Nobody ever doubt Stern was a proven goal scorer.  Based on his performances for the T&T team people was callin fuh he ass to get DROP!  It was never meant to be permanent or for any prolonged period.  It was to send a MESSAGE to Stern to get his ass in gear because his performances were not up to scratch.  It is no coincidence in my mind dat since he get DROP from de Coventry team he magically rediscover he scorin touch upon reinstatement.  His CLUB Manager wasn't afraid to send that message.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 11:11:15 AM »
Why you cah bench him?
He scored for Coventry coming off the bench.

He go vex and done we if he have to play coming off de bench?

Stern's performances are STRONGLY tied to his mindset and he needs people who know how to manipulate that for his and the teams benefit.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 12:05:37 PM »
for those that have cable and in trini all the championship goals will be on sky sports news today at 7pm on channel 60 fox soccer channel
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 01:52:34 PM »
I am one of those who say he should get drop!

and what is wrong with a good bench in he tail?

Look Mickey Adams do it and now Stern scoring.

You musnt make man feel he spot book.

Anyways, I happy he scoring and I hope he in form for the Panama game, if not Bench he arse good and proper.

I tell yuh in the warm up in the Costa Rica game he just was orf like a dry cough and look very short of confidence.

I glad Adams get him back in gear.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 02:16:57 PM »
Touches....could you please reiterate what method Admas use fuh MOTIVATIN Stern to ketch back he form...fuh de "non coaches" on de board nah..   ;D

Tanx bruddah

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 02:46:02 PM »
hahah ah benching.

But I love to see we have all kinda big coach here.

Go Stern yuh is de man!

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 03:03:18 PM »
Is just a lil hard work still needed to feel to get back the scoring touch. I hope he could keep it up ...or maybe he like to bench.... i feel he like hard wood  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 12:32:07 AM »
Come Cowen, yuh could F***k him up but doh diss de man.

That is not nice.....

So what if it is some wood in his ass get him hungry again.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.....
Warren N. Boucaud

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 09:20:50 AM »
Thanks again Stern!

I find yuh was playing real ta-ta too eh, but yuh is we one and only proven goal scoree so thanks fuh doing de job again.

PS ah notice yuh stop eating so much sponge cake.

1]; } ?>