April 26, 2024, 05:36:22 PM

Author Topic: GLASS CEILING IN WC COACHES' FRATHOUSE ?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
GLASS CEILING IN WC COACHES' FRATHOUSE ?
« on: May 04, 2008, 05:13:46 AM »
Seem like some coaches cud only train ah team to reach certain levels of success in World Cups..i.e.
to qualify,to hold dey own or to place in de fuss round or to win thereafter.

Observe for instance,the performances of countries like Holland,Spain,Portugal,Sweden et alia....
so close and yet no cigar.Yuh tink some coaches have ah success block or is dere ah secret formula?
Cud aspiring third world countries, resorting to European or South American coaching,only expect
to go but so far ?

Once de winning countries of de WC buss thru dis ceiling,yuh tink de formula for success
becomes ah national secret and fades into dey national archives for future use, or wah ?
Wuss yet,yuh tink winning WC coaches is admonished in revealing only limited knowledge
when hired by other nations?

:thinking:
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: GLASS CEILING IN WC COACHES' FRATHOUSE ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:21:39 AM »
Not sure where you heading with this. I'll boldly say this "no formula exist." If coaches had a formula coaches like Perriera, Menotti and Zagalo would have won the World Cup more than once. They would have also done it with different teams. Perriera & Menotti for example had different teams besides Brazil and Argentina and did not succeed. The fact remains only 7 countries have ever won the WC. IMHO I do not really believe teams like Holland under achieved ata World Level. They have been very consistent in getting into the final 4 of their major tournaments and I think final 4 is success. After all Holland is a small Nation. Now Portugal that is another story!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:11:09 AM »
"........If coaches had a formula coaches like Perriera, Menotti and Zagalo would have won the World Cup more than once. They would have also done it with different teams. Perriera & Menotti for example had different teams besides Brazil and Argentina and did not succeed."

Not only dat. De mudder of all coaches, de last man to attempt to lead Brazil to success wit ultra left-wing football (and a doh mean literally attackin from de left wing either eh) Mr. Tele Santana, HE woulda win at least ONE! :-(

The fact remains only 7 countries have ever won the WC. IMHO I do not really believe teams like Holland under achieved ata World Level. They have been very consistent in getting into the final 4 of their major tournaments and I think final 4 is success. After all Holland is a small Nation. Now Portugal that is another story!

Boy! If ever there's a poster child for under-achievement in European football, it's poodigal. What-a-pong fuh dem? Dey should be cheap.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:50:23 AM »
Yeah Observer,if both teams have this supposed formula and dere muss be one winner

then de team with athletic ability would prevail,if not, you juss keep making appearances.

IMHO I believe some coaches safeguard this knowledge.

They become marketable and charge big money for it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 09:56:01 AM »
The term 'glass-ceiling' is misapplied in this context.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

Bake n Shark,the ceiling is jess the highest level attainable.

It doesn't imply Race nor Class only Knowledge.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »

Ah tink what yuh mean to say is dat de countries who not accustom reaching de world cup have ah glass ceiling over dey head...If is dat yuh mean, den it make a lil more sense.  As far as coaches concern, yuh probably saying dat dey does place de glass ceiling over dese countries dat cyah pay big money for dem.....but den again, why would de coaches take on de job if de salary wasn't right in de first place......Whatever yes....dese set ah riddle threads

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 10:27:47 AM »

Ah tink what yuh mean to say is dat de countries who not accustom reaching de world cup have ah glass ceiling over dey head...If is dat yuh mean, den it make a lil more sense.  As far as coaches concern, yuh probably saying dat dey does place de glass ceiling over dese countries dat cyah pay big money for dem.....but den again, why would de coaches take on de job if de salary wasn't right in de first place......Whatever yes....dese set ah riddle threads

I mean de countries that does always get out of de roung robin stage and cyar go further.
Besides,de money does be right but de selection he have to work with, might not.
Daiz why championship teams might not repeat the following year in whatever league,
dey lineup does change.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 10:29:48 AM »
Mango,sometimes Putegal does be sour sour,and have to stay in
de sun long long to geh sweet.  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

I know what you meant pardna, just saying the application is a little bit off...a 'glass ceiling' is an artificial cap on achievement, put in place by prejudice.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »
Yeah Observer,if both teams have this supposed formula and dere muss be one winner

then de team with athletic ability would prevail,if not, you juss keep making appearances.

IMHO I believe some coaches safeguard this knowledge.

They become marketable and charge big money for it.

I certainly disagree with that statement. Why athletic ability? I would in no way say Italy was more athletic than France 2006. Or France more Athletic than Brazil in 98. as a matter of fact Brazil 2002 was not more athletic than Germany etc etc. When all things are equal I would say it comes down to some form of Individual brilliance.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>