April 19, 2024, 12:21:49 PM

Author Topic: Reality show to find next Beckham or Ronaldo  (Read 730 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Reality show to find next Beckham or Ronaldo
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »
A new reality television show along the lines of hit singing series American Idol is to be launched to find the next global football superstar.

Titled "SportStar Football," the show will be a worldwide hunt for the next big thing in soccer, organisers said Thursday.

The concept is the brainchild of David Edwards, who was behind "RockStar: INXS," the search for a new lead singer for the Australian band whose former frontman Michael Hutchence committed suicide.

ESPN STAR Sports and Imagine OmniMedia will work together to develop, produce and broadcast what they tout as the first reality-based football entertainment series in Asia.

"We are committed to serving our fans by providing them unique opportunities to engage with their favourite sports across platforms," said ESPN STAR Sports managing director Manu Sawhney.

"With this interactive and entertaining initiative, football fans will have a lot more to look forward to in days to come."

No details of a launch date, nor how the series would be structured, were announced.

I feel I going and do one to find the next Dwarika or Hardest.

I going around scouring the bars, rum shops and small goal sweats aroun TnT.

Look for it on Gayelle.

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>