March 28, 2024, 04:19:18 PM

Author Topic: We are going up!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We are going up!
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
My local team AFC Wimbledon got promoted to the Blue Square League (south) last Saturday. This is the 6th tier of English Football. The team was formed in 2002 after Wimbledon FC (winners of the 1988 FA cup) moved to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons. Look out for us in the premiership in 6 yrs time!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We are going up!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
My local team AFC Wimbledon got promoted to the Blue Square League (south) last Saturday. This is the 6th tier of English Football. The team was formed in 2002 after Wimbledon FC (winners of the 1988 FA cup) moved to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons. Look out for us in the premiership in 6 yrs time!

Congratulations, but ah will pass on de info on to my son. Cuz de amount ah war and world problems going on, ah not sure if Allah will allow meh to be around dat long  ;)  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:29:14 PM »

Congratulations, but ah will pass on de info on to my son. Cuz de amount ah war and world problems going on, ah not sure if Allah will allow meh to be around dat long  ;)  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 07:17:19 PM »
Congrats.

FC United of Manchester is just one level behind on the back of three straight promotions.

WOuld be great to see these clubs reach the league proper. Even a good FA Cup run would be somethig else.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:30:11 PM »

...And make sure and save dis thread so 6-7 years from now when yuh team doin rel good, man cyah call yuh no "waggonist" and ting bredda. Big up!    :) :beermug:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:31:19 PM »
Congrats.

FC United of Manchester is just one level behind on the back of three straight promotions.

WOuld be great to see these clubs reach the league proper. Even a good FA Cup run would be somethig else.

AFC Liverpool as well...nice to see the smaller clubs getting their turn in the spotlight.

I know AFC Wimbledon fans don't want to hear it...but congrats to Paul Ince and MK Dons as well.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »
Big up RJ. yuh still aint tell meh if yuh still playing competitive sports or yuh doing the middle age thing.

PS: i saw ray lezama the other day, he still looks the same, i asked him about ED & he told me that he was doing the old man ting. drinkin and wasting time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 05:33:35 AM »
Give thx. Congrats.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 09:10:09 AM »
Big up RJ. yuh still aint tell meh if yuh still playing competitive sports or yuh doing the middle age thing.

PS: i saw ray lezama the other day, he still looks the same, i asked him about ED & he told me that he was doing the old man ting. drinkin and wasting time.

Doh knock the old man thing, it does keep us out of trouble.  ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 11:57:24 AM »

I've been following AFC Wimbledon since their inception and adopted them as my second team.  I really thouight they had blown it this year after the slow start so it's really great that they won the playoff.

They have really great support for a non-league side and I think it's only a matter of time before they're in the football league.

To take a page from Small mag.............

f**k MK Dons!  Womble til I die ;D!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »

Being as they progressed at the expense of Staines, meh old reisdence for a few years before ah joined the Army .... ah cyah bring mehself to congratulate yuh. But I do wish them well in the future...it's real shame the way that Wimbeldon mess play out. Hoefully AFC go have the last laugh!

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »

Just Cool- I just cool (pardon de pun). I man not playing competitive sports again, too busy wuking for massa in Babylon!

Sorry to hear about Ed, but none of us know where we will be tomorrow.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

Just Cool- I just cool (pardon de pun). I man not playing competitive sports again, too busy wuking for massa in Babylon!

Sorry to hear about Ed, but none of us know where we will be tomorrow.

yuh right boy... today yuh could be just cool and tomorrow yuh behind de bridge.....  Man have to study dey own Flex and keep feelin supa.... Dont let your daylight turn to midknight because it would take a Big or Small magician to turn it around after dat. Keep yuh head up and walk like a tallman, before yuh wind up being an asylumseeker. try eating things that are organic like a mango chow and stay away from dem fishes but if yuh must eat it then let it be a bake and shark from Grande unless yuh on de west coast.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:11:56 PM by Tallman »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »
huge things ina de makin fuh sure.

prem is only ah 7 years away ting.

since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 12:10:54 AM »
yuh right boy... today yuh could be just cool and tomorrow yuh behind de bridge.....  Man have to study dey own Flex and keep feelin supa.... Dont let your daylight turn to midknight because it would take a Big or Small magician to turn it around after dat. Keep yuh head up and walk like a tallman, before yuh wind up being an asylumseeker. try eating things that are organic like a mango chow and stay away from dem fishes but if yuh must eat it then let it be a bake and shark from Grande unless yuh on de west coast.

:applause:
A poet in de midst

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »

A poet in de midst

Cheers :cheers: :cheers:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »

A poet in de midst

At first when ah saw meh name, ah said "keep feelin Supa" wey dis member calling up meh name in he post just so for boi  ;D. However, as ah continued to read your entire post, den ah end up smiling. Great piece ah work family, seriously, nice job  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 02:30:04 AM »

A poet in de midst

At first when ah saw meh name, ah said "keep feelin Supa" wey dis member calling up meh name in he post just so for boi  ;D. However, as ah continued to read your entire post, den ah end up smiling. Great piece ah work family, seriously, nice job  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

;D ;D ;D ;D Yeh supa....bless
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 04:21:18 AM »
Nice, very nice
an ah get ah small mention
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »

A poet in de midst

Davidephraim, I apologise meh friend, as you probable noticed de time ah de morning ah did meh last on dis thread. Well after signing back on now, wid a more stable head  ;), ah realise ah quote de wrong member yes. Yuh boi came from south beach nah, ah couldn't sleep, so ah take ah quick sign in, but like de juices ah had, it get de better ah meh yes  ;D,. Ah large up bedind-de-bridge instead of you.  Any way, again, great job family  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.,
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »

A poet in de midst

Davidephraim, I apologise meh friend, as you probable noticed de time ah de morning ah did meh last on dis thread. Well after signing back on now, wid a more stable head  ;), ah realise ah quote de wrong member yes. Yuh boi came from south beach nah, ah couldn't sleep, so ah take ah quick sign in, but like de juices ah had, it get de better ah meh yes  ;D,. Ah large up bedind-de-bridge instead of you.  Any way, again, great job family  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.,

I remember dem south beach days also. I can identify.....  yuh from dade or broward?... I know a Supa Cat in Hollywood. CoalPot Roti Shop... anyways again bless up meh bredda...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »

A poet in de midst

I remember dem south beach days also. I can identify.....  yuh from dade or broward?... I know a Supa Cat in Hollywood. CoalPot Roti Shop... anyways again bless up meh bredda...

:rotfl: Yeah I in Hollywood, right at de top of Hollywood blvd, by dem house just before de beach. But I is not Supa Cat doh. As yuh talk about Roti Shop, Joy's is de best roti in south Florida tuh me. It have some other good shop doh, like de one yuh mentioned (coal pot), but Joy's is de real deal  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

1]; } ?>