April 25, 2024, 03:16:44 AM

Author Topic: Cheers for Beckham, jeers for Crouch.  (Read 7002 times)

Offline bajanscout

• bajanscout
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cheers for Beckham, jeers for Crouch.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 09:02:07 AM »
darryl roberts is a waste of break i aint see what ppl see in he he need to go run track for we all he does do is dash for d ball and as soon as he get one touch he lost d ball, fitzparick better dan he and he is shit
bajanscout

TrinInfinite

We Missing a Creative Midfielder and a Solid Backline Combo Mr.Maturana
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 10:50:54 AM »
For some it is solely the backline that they point out in any analysis of the shortcomings of the team, however without a creative mid ala Latas in the team, our forwards are left out in the cold with no service and minimum scoring opportunities.

Its obvious sancho and gray were missing from the backline, they like ive always said would have made the difference, even silvio in right back would have complimented tallest and sancho. However, because of certain circumstances beyond our control we cannot do anything about that. I do hope james and gray get a nod to come into the squad for later qualifiers because we will need a stronger backline.

In saying that I feel Latas has left such a void in the middle of the field, the brightest mid we have in the nation is not hyland but guerra who is much more creative and much more of a passer than hyland. I was surprised that guerra did not feature in the recently concluded england friendly, However, I hope he does feature against jamaica and bermuda. Bringing to the next point, whitley needs to fall back into a holding mid position, as did yorke in the wc, hyland would play this role well, hyland isnt creative enough to fill an attacking midfield role. Having both whitley and hyland in the middle is not creating the chances our strikers need.

Stern had his work cut out for him in this game and played well with his back to the goal, but it doesnt take away the fact that service to him was poor, if not non existent.

If people can remember, it was when Latas made his return to the team that everything turned around and chances were created during games, the strikers were able to breath again, especially when yorke dropped into the holdng mid role and allowed latas to dictate the flow in the oppositions first third. I will invoke one piece of information into this thread which many will not want to hear but I am happy to say Maturana requested a certain individual to be on the team but bc he was recovering from an injury and bc he was unattached he wasnt in the squad. However now the individual is fully healed and I expect him to get the call by maturana once more because the creative mid which is needed can only come from 2 players, one of them being guerra.

God is de BOSS....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cheers for Beckham, jeers for Crouch
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 11:26:17 AM »

Lol.... look de mooks and dem here

What de ...  Look at these fools.  Talk about brainwashed :'(

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »
darryl roberts is a waste of break i aint see what ppl see in he he need to go run track for we all he does do is dash for d ball and as soon as he get one touch he lost d ball, fitzparick better dan he and he is shit

Roberts is a Robinho style of player. He just need to be a gym rat and put on some muscles and he'll be a regular on the national team

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »
where all the hate for Roberts come from, I duno why they sub him to tell u the truth, the man was making some good runs up top, is not his fault nobody else saw them. Now shud he get pick ahead of Scotland? Not really, but shud Gay or Forbes? I think not.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 12:08:23 PM »

i trying to study if to go off on this man right now
Fitzpatrick he say there eh? steupssss
what he doing again? where is he btw? he playni

man, if u ever watch Roberts play b4 ya would know better.
So if u didnt know anything bout football, and say u went and watch ya first game where , let's say Zidane was playing and Zidane play NUFF shit---but u have no clue bout football....ya go say he is pure shit and shouldnt play at all??
man...u now see d man play one game....make a turn eh!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 02:26:12 PM »
Of course Cupid could learn he go b ready 4 2014 which obvious is d focus of d JWFF
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>