April 26, 2024, 07:20:42 PM

Author Topic: Warner knocks ticket price critics.  (Read 4247 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner knocks ticket price critics.
« on: May 07, 2008, 05:45:29 AM »
By: Joan Rampersad (Newsday).
[/size]

FIFA vice-president and CONCACAF president Austin Jack Warner yesterday knocked critics over what he termed dotish questions raised about the price of VIP tickets for the forthcoming match on June 1, between England and Trinidad and Tobago at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Warner who was at the time delivering the feature address at the prize distribution ceremony (2007) of the Northern Football Association (NFA) at the Harvard Club on Sunday, told the audience England will be playing USA two days prior to their coming to Trinidad and tickets for that Wembley Stadium match have already been sold out, while the team is yet to be selected.

Yet, Warner said, a sports reporter at a recent news conference wanted to know if the full English team was coming.

Also, on the question of the price for the VIP tickets, Warner stated only 1,000 VIP tickets at $1,200 each have been printed, 4,000 more at $600 each and the rest to fill the general area at $300 each will amount to approximately $7 million, which is far below the $50 million being spent to bring the English team here.

He justified the act stating that in this centennial year of the local football association, “we deserve that!”.

Warner added, TT football needs the presence of all existing footballers, young and old in the country, as well as its fans.

He then spoke of those who questioned the price of tickets but had no problem spending thousands of dollars to hear Diana Ross sing songs that she’s been singing for the past 30 years.

Warner said, never in the next 50 years will Trinidad and Tobago ever see an English football team return here for any match.

Newsday understands it is almost certain that local football heroes Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy will be playing for TT against England on the day.

Among the special awardees at the ceremony on Sunday were Willie Rodriguez, Alvin Corneal, Sedley Joseph and Lincoln Phillips of the 1965 squad, Kelvin Barclay and Selris Figaro of 1973, and Hutson “Barber” Charles of the 1989 Strike Squad.

Earlier, NFA president Roland Forde expressed happiness at the sight of mothers and fathers playing a more active role, supporting their sons, as well as daughters, screaming and running up and down the line, encouraging them to play hard and don’t give up.

He said: “This is a very encouraging sign; we always knew that football has tremendous potential to unite families and communities across class, race, and religion.

He called on corporate TT to partner with the NFA and “let us develop appropriate programmes to support the growth and development of our young footballers.”

Forde then thanked Tim Nafziger and his company Media 21 “who’ve been partnering with the NFA for the last four (4) years.”

Among the big winners in the youth competitions were SKHY, Superstar Rangers and Defence Force, and in the Senior League, Ma Pau FC and Police.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
Re: Warner knocks ticket price critics.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:11:37 AM »
Jack Warner PMSing again.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:13:15 AM »
I thought it was 15 million he spending on the game? Now it reach 50 million?

Then again, is Newsday so that could be a mistake on the reporters part.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:19:06 AM »
this guy is an idiot.............I dont belive the $300 price is too high but his defence of it just laughable

"He then spoke of those who questioned the price of tickets but had no problem spending thousands of dollars to hear Diana Ross sing songs that she’s been singing for the past 30 years. "

you cannot compare the two otherwsie premier clubs could say ..........look you paying £90 to go WWE so you could pay that to go a game...compare football to football ! tickets to the world cup only cost me 60 euros and I think that was slightly higher standing than this game.

" below the $50 million being spent to bring the English team here. "

its 50 million now ? I am sure we will be provided with audited accounts detailing the costs !

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »
[/size]

Warner said, never in the next 50 years will Trinidad and Tobago ever see an English football team return here for any match.

This match is being billed as "once in a lifetime" experience....now is "never again in 50 years"....so I take it dear Jackula we are never going to get our football to progress to the point where we can command big games when we want.....eh Jackula eh....we doomed forever to you and yuh croonies styming our football....thanks a lot yuh friggin opressor...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 06:40:09 AM »
[/size]

This match is being billed as "once in a lifetime" experience....now is "never again in 50 years"....so I take it dear Jackula we are never going to get our football to progress to the point where we can command big games when we want.....eh Jackula eh....we doomed forever to you and yuh croonies styming our football....thanks a lot yuh friggin opressor...

exactly what I was thinking >:(
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:46:20 AM »
[/size]

for real
but jack this is trinidad bitch!!!
next 50 yrs we will be refusing england
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »

Also, on the question of the price for the VIP tickets, Warner stated only 1,000 VIP tickets at $1,200 each have been printed, 4,000 more at $600 each and the rest to fill the general area at $300 each will amount to approximately $7 million, which is far below the $50 million being spent to bring the English team here.
So that will conveniently explain the million dollar deficit that the TTFF will announce after the match, despite the receipt of television broadcast rights money, under the table kickbacks and 'handling fees', right

T&T didn't put in a bid for another Fifa youth cup or women's youth cup?

I have no problem with the ticket prices, and Jack right to play attacking shots when he batting against the criticisms, but not with that kinda wild vup he throwing there...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:21:01 AM »
[/size]

for real
but jack this is trinidad bitch!!!
next 50 yrs we will be refusing england

One could only hope.... ::)

Some events with similiar events he coulda refer to...
1)Brian Lara fete.
2)AC5
3)One day pass for Jazz Festival...to hear Diana Ross sing ?
4)Trini Posse stands for ODI cricket in the Oval.
5)Lionel Richie and Brian McKnight mothers' day concert.
6)A 'ordinary' costume from any of the major band for Carnival.
7)Cost for a 'scalper' ticket to see the T&T vs Bharain game  ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »
so wait nah, we cah pay we players but we could pay dem to come...o lawd jackkula

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:27 AM »
I want  eh have money like d TTFF u eh have money  pay d coach and d tax payers must fund that but u have somewhere between 15-50 million 4 a match. Hunt yuh is meh boi if u continue not 1 red cent for that organization.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
I want  eh have money like d TTFF u eh have money  pay d coach and d tax payers must fund that but u have somewhere between 15-50 million 4 a match. Hunt yuh is meh boi if u continue not 1 red cent for that organization.

Personally I have no problem with the price of the tickets as I have requested 4 online. But this point is a very valid one. Jack only spending money that he sure he could make back 10 ot 20 times.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:51:13 AM by Rastaman »

Offline 2020ldrship

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »
Just factor in the broadcast rights that will be paid by the BBC, et al. to cover the game and u see where the difference is made up and profit made, by the $1 broadcast rights holder.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
 >:( >:( Jackula cud hull he cuddas munt.............
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 01:49:49 PM »
Who here think Shaun Fuentes and ttff reporters deserve a raise for staying there and getting spitt in them face when Warner pronouncing his "st's" and "ch's"

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
Jack says that the TTFF deserve this but what about us, what do we get for always giving them our hard earned money, NOTHING. We have always(at least some of us) paid to see every T&T match and now they having a celebration so why couldn't they charge TT$100 and give something to the fans for supporting them over 100 years. The fans who line the streets, the fans who cried when the ball fall out the sky and into the net and killed our Italian dreams, the fans who were there when we get rob by voodoo. Nothing for us!!
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »
Just factor in the broadcast rights that will be paid by the BBC, et al. to cover the game and u see where the difference is made up and profit made, by the $1 broadcast rights holder.

why are we taking jack money still. Is de same shit ah talkin about. We continue to take Jack money and then complain about it. Let de blasted government get behind de 100 yr celebration and spend their own money... STOP TAKIN MONEY FROM DE MAFIA.
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>