March 28, 2024, 08:01:41 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T v Barbados Game (11-May-2008).  (Read 14001 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T v Barbados Game (11-May-2008).
« on: May 03, 2008, 04:49:02 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the game vs Barbados (11-May) at the Marvin Lee Stadium (6pm), Trinidad will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Possible Live Internet Links.

To be updated.

TV Viewing.

To be updated.

The squad for Barbados:

1.Marvin Phillips – W Connection
2.Glenroy Samuel – Under 20s
3.Ancil Farrier – Southern Connecticut State University
4.Kareem Smith –  United Petrotrin
5.Anton Pierre – Defence Force
6.Keyeno Thomas – Joe Public
7.Makan Hislop –  United Petrotrin
8.Akeem Adams – W Connection
9.Khaleem Hyland –  Unattached
10.Stephan David – Caledonia AIA
11.Devon Jorsling – Defence Force
12.Atuallah Guerra – San Juan Jabloteh
13.Kern Cupid – W Connection
14.Keon Daniel – United Petrotrin
15.Kevon Carter –  Defence Force
16.Romauld Aguillera – United Petrotrin
17.Jamaal Gay – Under 20s
18.Jerrol Forbes – United Petrotrin

To be updated.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 10:25:26 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T v Barbados Game (11-May-2008).
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
I will try 2 madat that game
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 10:53:26 PM »
good tuh see all these games line befor the start of world qualifers. hopefully they keep it up right through the and we finally cut USA arse this year, cause I think this is the year to do it. niceness

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »
I will be at this game..Warriors we want a convincing victory to send the message to the rest of our opponents

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 01:07:38 AM »
I hope we finally have a full squad and no more experimenting. although we still undefeated

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
Ladies of the forum, Sacha Cosmetics will be giving away vouchers worth $125 redeemable at any of their six image centers for the occasion of Mother's Day.

*Ah wonder if ah could get something cheap for meh mother, since mother's day coming up boi*
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 06:22:12 PM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:05:07 AM »
Barbados to play Bermuda.
By Colin Thompson.

Barbados will be taking no prisoners when they arrive in Bermuda early next month to play two crucial World Cup warm-up matches against the Island's senior national team at the National Sports Centre (NSC).

That was the ominous warning from Barbados coach Eyre Sealy yesterday who has promised to touch down in Bermuda with "a very strong" squad that could include the likes of Crystal Palace midfielder Paul Ifill, Doncaster Rovers striker Mark McCammom and former Queen's Park Rangers defensive midfielder Gregory Goodridge.

"We are coming here looking to do the business in preparation of going on to the States (for a first leg of their World Cup qualifier against USA on June 15) and will be fully ready. We pretty much mean serious business," said Sealy, whose 'Bajan Pride' take on Trinidad's 'Soca Warriors' in a practice match in Trinidad this weekend.

Barbados, ranked 23 places above Bermuda in Fifa's world rankings, defeated Dominica 2-1 on aggregate earlier this year in their opening World Cup qualifier to set up a June showdown with the USA.

Many had predicted the Bajans would stomp all over the lowly ranked Dominicans. However, Sealy's men were forced to dig deep before they eventually prevailed.

"The thing about World Cup football is that a lot of stats tend to go out the window because teams do whatever is necessary to prepare themselves well for World Cup qualifiers," Sealy said. "Dominica were a totally different side than we would have played against a year before."

The former Barbados goalkeeper said he expects Bermuda, who held his team to a 1-1 in the 2006 Digicel Cup in Barbados playing with ten- men, to also be up for the challenge.

"We are expecting the same thing from Bermuda who are preparing for World Cup qualifiers (in June against Trinidad) as well," said Sealy, who expects to arrive in Bermuda next month with a squad of 18 to 20 players. "Bermuda played very well against us the last time we played them.

"They were very competitive and really put in a lot of effort and I was very impressed with them. So we expect to play two hard games when we arrive because Bermuda are not going to be pushovers."

Only last week the Island's senior national team returned from a five-day training camp in England which included a practise run out against a Chelsea Reserve XI.

Bermuda eventually went down 4-0 after blowing a chance from the penalty spot, with Chelsea assistant coach Vic Betinelli impressed with the quality and work ethic displayed by the tourists.

"The match was a closely contested affair," Bermuda Football Association (BFA) technical director Derek Broadley said. "We had a way into the match with the scores deadlocked, but missed a penalty.

"Timmy (Figureido) made some good saves to keep our side in the match and overall we put on a good display."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:07:19 AM »
good tuh see all these games line befor the start of world qualifers. hopefully they keep it up right through the and we finally cut USA arse this year, cause I think this is the year to do it. niceness

The England game dominate the board, so everybody forget about this game.

It nice to see T&T playing many friendlies going into the qualifiers, but ah woulda prefer if the team was ALMOST settled by now, meaning that we should have had the core team, and only experimenting with three or four new faces.  Also at this stage the quality of the friendly opposition coulda be a lil higher too.  I personally feel them setta low ranking teams we playing with we juniors, would amount to nothing more than a fete match/fund raisers for the TTFF coffers, because it would be a whole new ball game and team make up when the thing really start.  The undefeated status against low rankers only serve to give a false sense of security that the team on spot.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »
this gonna be a nice game but i now pay 600 for 2 lionel richie tickets so it might be a mad scene for me
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
this gonna be a nice game but i now pay 600 for 2 lionel richie tickets so it might be a mad scene for me

I hear that bredda.

Since ah miss the Grenada game, ah will take in this one.  Just in case they say "all who ent get tickets for England yet, put down allyuh name on this list and you stand a chance to get one"  ;D

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:20:44 AM »
Pardners u have dat ticket 4 England?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
Pardners u have dat ticket 4 England?

Nah, I ent have no ticket.  I didn't try to get one because I may not be in the country that weekend.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 12:04:38 PM »
ah was wondering when the thread for dis game would have been posted...

Will try to make it, i hard dis rounds we, a hadda open a account for warrior games to buy tickets... So much games, i eh vex doh, dat nice.... at least we have more games dis round to make sure the squad better prepared...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »

Will try to make it, i hard dis rounds we, a hadda open a account for warrior games to buy tickets... So much games, i eh vex doh, dat nice.... at least we have more games dis round to make sure the squad better prepared...

True, but which one of the squads ?  So far we play about four games with about 50 players and have another 11 on the outside looking in...hhhmm

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »

True, but which one of the squads ?  So far we play about four games with about 50 players and have another 11 on the outside looking in...hhhmm

For real eh, but it will still provide some more depth in the squad....something that we were lacking for a while.... After looking at the team over the last few games, and having a look at the over seas, I'm hopeful that Maturana will finally select the actual side to go into the qualifiers...
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
WAY SAAA. WARNER PLAYING ALL THESE GAMES IN HE STADIUM AND SPONSORS FROM HE COMPANIES SIMPAUL TRAVEL & EMERALD APARTMENTS.  I HAVE TO GIVE CREDIT FROM ONE PIMP RECOGNIZING ANOTHER PIMPS GAME :rotfl:

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 03:26:10 PM »
T&T Squad
1.Marvin Phillips - W.Connection
3.Aklie Edwards  - Defence Force
4.Kareem Smith  - United Petrotrin
5.Anton Pierre  - Defence Force
6.Keyeno Thomas - Joe Public
7.Makan Hislop  - United Petrotrin
9.Khaleem Hyland - Unattached
10.Stephan David  - Caledonia AIA
11.Autis Whitley - W. Connection
12.Atulla Guerra – CLICO Jabloteh
13. Kern Cupid – W Connection
14.Keon Daniel  - United Petrotrin
15.Kevon Carter  Defence Force
16.Lester Peltier - Jabloteh
17.Jamal Gay – Under 20s
18.Jerrol Forbes - United Petrotrin

French-based striker Kevaughn Connell is unable to make the trip due to club commitments

http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=417&Itemid=1

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
damn...ah really wanted another look at Connell....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 07:18:44 PM »
T&T Squad
1.Marvin Phillips - W.Connection
3.Aklie Edwards  - Defence Force
4.Kareem Smith  - United Petrotrin
5.Anton Pierre  - Defence Force
6.Keyeno Thomas - Joe Public
7.Makan Hislop  - United Petrotrin
9.Khaleem Hyland - Unattached
10.Stephan David  - Caledonia AIA
11.Autis Whitley - W. Connection
12.Atulla Guerra – CLICO Jabloteh
13. Kern Cupid – W Connection
14.Keon Daniel  - United Petrotrin
15.Kevon Carter  Defence Force
16.Lester Peltier - Jabloteh
17.Jamal Gay – Under 20s
18.Jerrol Forbes - United Petrotrin

French-based striker Kevaughn Connell is unable to make the trip due to club commitments

http://ttffonline.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=417&Itemid=1

I had an idea Connell wasn't there because of he club... Is it just me or does he reminds you of Evans Wise as a valuable left footer

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 07:24:36 PM »
Please do not compare d man 2 Wise

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »
Thank you!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 07:55:54 PM »
Your welcome

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »
not in skills brother i mean in our limited resources for left footers.. We were desperate for left footers in some systems we use to make room for Wise.  now Connell could be our best attacking left footer

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
Anyone willing to predict the barmy vs T&T score?
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »
If England decides to play strong, we'll comfortably get 6 or more but if they decide to take it easy which i think is going to happen they'll settle for 3. Let me hear some predictions. :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone willing to predict the barmy vs T&T score?
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 05:48:13 PM »
m-e-r-g-e-r   ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »
m-e-r-g-e-r   ;D
we could get AB Trini to explain to Fatz what that really means :devil: ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »
Which TNT team playing? the Soca Warriors or the Force Ripe Worriers they put to play Jamaica? Which England team playing?  The Three Lions or the 1 and a Half pussycats that play France?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »
If England decides to play strong, we'll comfortably get 6 or more but if they decide to take it easy which i think is going to happen they'll settle for 3. Let me hear some predictions. :rotfl:
Alot of people said England would have given us 6 or more at the world cup but what happened?...Thought Sweden was suppose to mash we up too in Germany

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »
m-e-r-g-e-r   ;D
we could get AB Trini to explain to Fatz what that really means :devil: ;D

Please do explain, i was already prepared for the hits.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Ancil Farrier To Represent Trinidad And Tobago In International Friendly
southernctowls.com

Soca Warriors host Barbados on Sunday

5/8/2008 6:42:31 PM

NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Junior defender Ancil Farrier (Los Bajos, Trinidad) of the Southern Connecticut State University men’s soccer team will represent his home nation as a member of the Trinidad and Tobago National Team in an international friendly against Barbados on Sunday.

The Soca Warriors will host Barbados at 6 p.m. local time at Marvin Lee Stadium in Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago.

The match is part of a series of international friendly matches being contested by Trinidad and Tobago in preparation for CONCACAF’s 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification tournament, a process which is already underway in parts of the region. Trinidad and Tobago opens qualifying play with a home-and-away series against Bermuda in June. Trinidad Tobago is seeking its second consecutive World Cup qualification after making its World Cup debut in Germany in 2006.

1]; } ?>