April 19, 2024, 10:08:27 AM

Author Topic: Birchall: I am good enough.  (Read 23394 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall: I am good enough.
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
i thought playing on a national team is a Coach's decision,
Wim did thought so too.

since when a player or fan have to call a Coach,go to a training session that he was not invited too,write letters to the TTFF,go to stadium and protest etc etc to force the Coach to place certain players on the squad
Is not the first time in the history of football it happen. How you think Simmoes end up taking Boyd to the World Cup ? Much bigger coaches get public pressure for leaving out much bigger players in much bigger countries.

But to answer your question : since we learn that the coach doh necessarily get to pick who he want or who he think good for the job, because of administrative bad mind...
        Alright you got me on the history of Football i learned something today but since when we following in the footsteps of Jamaica,i thought we past that stage,we just returned from a WC you know,Coaches get pressure all the time it's the norm.
        Remember it's the same bad mind administration that Benie had,it's the same administration that brought back Yorke and Latapy from retirement to play in the WC and playing them again against England.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
there is time for Birchall and a couple other known players - look at the whole picture ppl...The type of play Birchall can bring is good and yet  predictable, and yes it would be needed...but if Birchall is selected and (hope not) gets injured months before our biggest game, what will the coach do then, satrt looking for a replacement ? change the hold line-up to suite, What ? Will he reshuffle the team ? Will he just stick anybody in that position...will he then start to try and train somebody else ?
Should he send the message all ah allyuh not good, to play these weaker teams now, so doh even expect to get a look when time come to play big teams....Look down the road, yes Birchall time may come, but not yet...he should have at least be contacted though

What exactly you talking about... Any player could get injured anytime. Is a national team what u talking about train ah man to play that position. At this level if someone is injured,yea they might be missed, but a next player should be able to full that role... [b]They[/b] should be able to get the job done.
ahhhhh....grasshopper, but how will you know who that next player is or will be.....by the way, who is "they"

That is de coach wok not mine..... me eah in practice.   All I saying a player wiil be missed. but someone else should be able to full that role. Is ah national team we have. There should not be that big off a drop off that a next player can't step up and play...... wah yuh think this is YOUR small goal team yuh does play with ah wah. different level we talkin about here.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
Come Fuentes, let us know what the real deal is behind this....

CALL UP BIRCHALL
Hart for president

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2008, 01:16:49 PM »
Boy i tried my best to stay out of this topic but i'm just tempted to add some logic to the conversation,i don't think a lot of you here are dealing with reality,it's a lot of ifs and but and what each of us think,Birchall gave his view which he is entitled too and any player is his position would feel the way he is feeling,Sancho,Jack etc etc

There could be any number of reasons these guys are not being called or are being called we all can be right or wrong,what i want to say is this,i never thought our Football would have to reach to this judging from what i'm reading here,i thought playing on a national team is a Coach's decision,since when a player or fan have to call a Coach,go to a training session that he was not invited too,write letters to the TTFF,go to stadium and protest etc etc to force the Coach to place certain players on the squad,i don't care how good a player is it's the Coach choice to call select,reject who ever he wants.Since this situation with our WC players i've been saying our players are digging a deep hole for themselves,everything they will have to fight for,everybody will be afraid of them because everything they involve in becomes an issue,who wants players like that around them,they will get what they want but they have to cool down.

People can say is Anton but is not Anton getting the big money to coach our national team,Anton was there with Benie too nobody gave him credit for us going to the WC,the Coach don't know anybody he said that,he did not come here to coach our previous WC team,he came to put together a squad for 2010,when Benie came he dismantled the squad Bertil had,i am not saying what he is doing will take us to South Africa but the man doing a very good job,if i was to ask every one here to select a national team we will all come up with different players and is all because we we going to select who we know personally,went to school with,play with,hear about etc etc and not select who we have seen on a regular basis,spend time with,get updates on etc etc

It have plenty T&T players both local and foreign saying they are good enough but is not what they say gets them on a team,why don't they do the same when they are benching for their clubs which most of them do but those same players are our starboys,this game is about proving yourself and if you are good enough you will get call,the difference in players in T&T is minimal,is just that some have more confidence than others due to playing more regular at the national level,playing for a national team can be very stressfull if you are not used to playing at that level.Some of us talking as though it's a minor league team we talking about,how could we justify an unfit player playing before one that is 100% fit,one who have not played in months especially at a reasonable level being selected,experience Coaches don't operate like that,you have to go with what you have,you don't feel by now Maturana have watched tapes on all our players from the last WC.

But Coops de man cyah even get a call-up fuh de coach to see what he have to offer. I would understand if de Pacho give him a call-up and decide he eh good enough but he eh even getting dat. At least fuh he club team de manager/coach does see him in training every week, so if dey decide somebody else is a better fit fuh dey squad, fine. At least it is an informed decision, based on what dey seeing. In de case of de national squad, ... well leh mih just say I eh understand dis one.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2008, 03:43:45 PM »
there is time for Birchall and a couple other known players - look at the whole picture ppl...The type of play Birchall can bring is good and yet  predictable, and yes it would be needed...but if Birchall is selected and (hope not) gets injured months before our biggest game, what will the coach do then, satrt looking for a replacement ? change the hold line-up to suite, What ? Will he reshuffle the team ? Will he just stick anybody in that position...will he then start to try and train somebody else ?
Should he send the message all ah allyuh not good, to play these weaker teams now, so doh even expect to get a look when time come to play big teams....Look down the road, yes Birchall time may come, but not yet...he should have at least be contacted though

What exactly you talking about... Any player could get injured anytime. Is a national team what u talking about train ah man to play that position. At this level if someone is injured,yea they might be missed, but a next player should be able to full that role... [b]They[/b] should be able to get the job done.
ahhhhh....grasshopper, but how will you know who that next player is or will be.....by the way, who is "they"

That is de coach wok not mine..... me eah in practice.   All I saying a player wiil be missed. but someone else should be able to full that role. Is ah national team we have. There should not be that big off a drop off that a next player can't step up and play...... wah yuh think this is YOUR small goal team yuh does play with ah wah. different level we talkin about here. 
Boss, Trinidad have bout 12 people in it. Yuh really feel we have depth like Brazil or Germany? De difference in level between de men outside and de local players is MASSIVE. So, yes, de drop off from a man training and being coached at the second tier of English football is indeed big.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 04:01:57 PM by Dry So »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »
De rumour mill have it dat Birchall may be heading to 1st Div Leicester City

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »

boy all i want is for me mum to get some playing time, if this true good luck man  :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »

Birchie is true?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
Yeah me mum yuh is a bona fide member of d MB leh we know d scene
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2008, 10:47:37 AM »
Birchie is true?

DHW, ah like that! Ah wonder how many PMs geh sent on this one?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »
Birchie you surely are good enough fellah
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »
Chris you are a Super Warrior all the best

I hope you get called soon,especially after this piece of Tat tat today

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »
Birchall you are BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own T&T and I rule by decree....And I, His Majesty C(o)unt Jackulito rule the following for Birchall:

1. Do not show up to national team training sessions and don't even use the toilet faciities
2. DO not EVAH!!!!!  >:(  challenge me again in court
3. Even if you pay your way to come to T&T, I say you are not welcome, so jess go home white boy
4. You are not even welcome into MY!!! Marvin Lee stadium
5. If you insist on watching the game, you will have to go bleachers and pay yuh own F*^%% way
6. Whatever you think you have contributed to Germany 06, eh wort' shit in my books.
7. I have the power to be the official revisionist of T&T footbal history as I own every blasted juh juh juh juhnalist .. except Liburd and I tryin to line he pocket too. So far he resistin'. Ah go fix he...
8. And de posters on SW.net tell dem to hol' dey.......
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:17:02 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »
Not only Birchall but all the Soca Warriors who has not retired.  Birchall, Denzil Theobald, Brent Sancho, Avery John, Cyd Gray, and Kelvin Jack.  Non of them deserves to lose their spot.  And age over talent is not a sensible reason to choose a player for the national team Mr. Anton Corneal.  you wasnt even on the coaching staff to the World Cup

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2008, 12:00:57 AM »
Cyd and Kelvin eh fit but d other fellas could sleepwalk into dat team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2008, 08:51:32 AM »
Ah feel like ah just needed to go back to this thread....and remember those dark days hovering over our team...Birchall was right....he eh good...HE IS THE BEST!!

Thanks Me Mum....yuh let yuh foot do the talking.... :beermug: :beermug:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »
Damn right...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2008, 08:55:56 AM »
D head chipmunk yuh feel like a fool yet

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:44 AM »
Me Mum for president....ah know detractors could go back and find a bunch ah things he didn't do last night, but eff dem....ah defending we lil piece ah white boy down to last, it also helps dat he sing (or lip-synch, me eh care which) de anthem too.

Big Up Chris! or as Dwight might say, "Massive performance!"
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
D boi got d words and d tune back in 05 he know d anthem

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2008, 09:38:52 AM »
this man is a frigging boss... blood in his shoes every game

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
this man is a frigging boss... blood in his shoes every game

Yes I. That does play like he born here. If most of we players could get he type of attitude. NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP THIS TEAM!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
he played well, birchie is a keep, he played with heart and hustle

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »
lawd how long now we be saying this!!! finally the best defensive midfielder for trinidad is back and he played a hell of a game last night!! :beermug: :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 16, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »
"Birchall: I am good enough."

Ya DAMN right Me Mum

Jack, geh de man he Jacket
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:25 AM »

Ya DAMN right Me Mum

WC ah text Jack and he send one back he say yuh want wool or cotton for de man  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
Ya DAMN right Me Mum
WC ah text Jack and he send one back he say yuh want wool or cotton for de man  ;D
ya still have my address?
sen it by me den, I go geh it to he :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
You are not good enough

Better than Good!
You are the Best!

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »
You are not good enough

Better than Good!
You are the Best!
The best central midfielder we have had in years! :cheers: :party: :applause: :afro:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2008, 11:38:58 AM »
Super......little white boy is a general.....warrior version of Napoleon

Now Jack doh forget you promise to double the mach fee..... :devil:..after this performance you should triple it...serious

I still want meh world cup money... :beermug:

1]; } ?>