April 24, 2024, 09:41:22 PM

Author Topic: Samuel vs Scotland  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Saints Fan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Samuel vs Scotland
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:20:41 AM »
Hi, I'm a St.Johnstone fan from the Scottish 1st Division and would very much appreciate hearing your thoughts on the above mentioned players.

As most of you will probably know, Jason Scotland played with us for a couple of seasons and was outstanding, very skillful player with excellent touch, control and great finishing. He was top scorer for us the 2 seasons he was here. I wish him all the best in the future.

We have now signed up Colin Samuel from MLS side Toronto, what will he bring to the side? I seem to remember from his first time over in Scotland at Falkirk he had lightning quick pace.

I noticed that although neither were in your squad for last nights game, Samuel seems to have been perhaps a little above Scotland in the pecking order - i.e keeping Scotland on the bench in the World Cup?

Do you think Samuel can be as big a player for us as Scotland was? I certainly hope so!

Be very interesting to hear your thoughts.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel vs Scotland
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »
the TTFF sucks at picking players, Scotland didnt even get call, along with many other good players, its all football politics, and the idiot name jack warner. Only time will tell if he is good at your club
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:08 AM »
Samuel was usually picked ahead of Scotland because he can also play on the wings (usually the left). Scotty hasn't had much luck in those positions.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:47:54 AM »
From what I saw of him in the build up to WC '06, he has great pace, strong, can out-muscle defenders, good on the left wing. His finishing needs work (or did at that time), can pass well when not running at top speed, and though his footie brain is not the best, still a good player.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:23:33 AM »
Samuel is your go to man on the wing, strong fast and skilful who can score goals, but I give that job to Scotland who is an all out striker and workhorse

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:53 AM »
Samuels is a better striker than he is on the wing because he can't cross even when he wins the race down the flank.
As a striker he has the speed, strength and a bullet...but his finishing is poor.

Scotty is a better striker than Samuels in that Scotty gets goals wherever he goes, but Samuels has lots of room for development.
He is inconsistent though, that is his biggest drawback. One day he is brilliant and the other ordinary.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
Spidy I totally agree! :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 04:07:44 PM »
2 diferent players Samuels inconsistency is he undoin but he home wit d wifey so tings might look up but we go b followin he and d team closely next season
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »
Between Samuels and Scotty who was more oustanding playin for the warriors?
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 06:52:41 PM »
Both had ltd opportunity but Samuel play in d WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:03:07 PM »
Put him on a disciplined diet.  He has all the skills and speed to perform well.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »
If you want goals, call Scotland. If you want a winger, particularly a left winger, call Samuels.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
If you want goals, call Scotland. If you want a winger, particularly a left winger, call Samuels.

Doh chain de man up. Samuels is a striker. He play up front his whole life. He only play on the left wing for us cause we have nobody else for there and we have nuff strikers.

He blame playing on the wing as the reason he didn't make it at Dundee. Let the man strike and prove himself there and stop encouraging putting him on the wing just because he have a  left foot.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Saints Fan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Interesting to hear a lot of you's say about playing on the wing. We tend to play with 3 strikers, so perhaps could be effective on the left side of the front 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing him playing for us in whatever position.

1]; } ?>