April 19, 2024, 02:21:30 PM

Author Topic: Birchall..Jack..Sancho..Avery John  (Read 11249 times)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall..Jack..Sancho..Avery John
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
aammmm...let us not go too far with this ole talk...
sayin sweden is nuttin pretty much and we could beat dem

we house not in order at all..so let us not go there.

back to the matter at hand...
sancho aint got a club so y should he be considered?? i woulda like to see him in the team but thas a step backwards there man. Serious injustice to the fellas comin up.
man cah live off his past for the rest of his career. If he hadda go MLS, pro league then do it...

all ya doh get the feeling that some a dem not fully on football anymore? they not making d team, they getting cut or jus doh have a team.....
watch sancho, samuels, josh johnson to a lesser extent, K. Jack to name a few
men who had real promise to continue to bigger and better things and jus fizzle out...
bad luck? or jus aint cuttin it anymore??

eh tink bringing back men like Dog makin sense either

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2008, 12:38:52 AM »
aammmm...let us not go too far with this ole talk...
sayin sweden is nuttin pretty much and we could beat dem

we house not in order at all..so let us not go there.

back to the matter at hand...
sancho aint got a club so y should he be considered?? i woulda like to see him in the team but thas a step backwards there man. Serious injustice to the fellas comin up.
man cah live off his past for the rest of his career. If he hadda go MLS, pro league then do it...

all ya doh get the feeling that some a dem not fully on football anymore? they not making d team, they getting cut or jus doh have a team.....
watch sancho, samuels, josh johnson to a lesser extent, K. Jack to name a few
men who had real promise to continue to bigger and better things and jus fizzle out...
bad luck? or jus aint cuttin it anymore??

eh tink bringing back men like Dog makin sense either
What's the deal with men on here constantly missing the point. the we i was refering too was the 06 WC players who met sweden. not this new crop of players.

it was in reference to one member's comment when she tried to get smart with me saying that i was a kakahole for believing that we could've beat sweden.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2008, 01:19:20 AM »
sancho aint got a club so y should he be considered??

Sancho signed with Ross County and played with them in April. Until they release him, you can't say he "aint got a club". If you talking about match fitness, its something else all together. I personally think he should organise a loan with a MLS or USL team to be ready and fully fit when pre season start.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2008, 01:31:23 AM »
Avery saved shaka clean sheet with that A1 wildman kakahole play. At least he was on the field...The rest of the defense was still in the dressing room, doh mind whistle had blow and game restart all kinda thing.

And he got the ball...
Midnight ! I not looking for no arguement with no guy!! but it seem's that anyone on this site who critique ah soca warrior does come under blind fire,

so let me get this straight, allyuh could critasize other ball players from all over the world , and players who have more skill than anyone of our locals, and no body doh act out of character, but as soon as it's a soca warrior allyuh ready to bring down god and the angels.

well i go say my peice and who vex vex! Avery John is ah basic player. there's no dept to his game. he kinda remind me of danny collins, they are one in the same.

most of the time avery get the ball and with no one marking him, what does he do ? he hoof it up to no one in particular, just ah plain old kickaway. he rearly bring the ball and distribute it contructivly.

in the bar where we does watch the games, dey does call him kickaway avery, and his twin kickaway cyde! and i talking bout men who played for us in ther past, not armchair coaches, but men who know the game.

and IMO he cost us the game against sweden , BC they were attacking constantly and were open to a counter attack, and sooner or later if we were at full strenght we would've scored. ah still say sweden was over rated.

It have nothing to do with bringing god and the angels down for ctiticising Avery, JC.

Nobody here saying Avery John is the best left back in the world. The question is who is the best left back eligible to represent T&T. Unlike the vast majority of those who gunning for the spot, he actually have a left foot, World Cup experience and top flight football experience.

Yes, Avery is limited, "basic" if you will, but at least he HAS the basics. Don't tell me the man was a regular starter in a team that make 3 MLS playoff finals by accident. Don't tell me the man gain 63 caps for T&T since 2000 because it had better men in front of him and he was just 'lucky'.

BTW, the same Danny Collins you lambasting win the Supporters Association (where alyuh couldn't pad the votes for Kenwyne) player of the season.

Neither one of those players are exceptional, but they generally get the job done, and bring heart to their respective teams (Sunderland and T&T), which, to be honest, are both strugglers on their respective levels (EPL fringe team and WC fringe team)

You could think what you want about Sweden but as for him costing us the win, you still haven't adressed the fact that 1) his play stopped what was a sure goal, 2)that he stayed alert when the rest of the defense was sleeping and 3)that he got the ball and that the referee could have chose not to send him off)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2008, 03:13:18 AM »
OK, its official....As I am a Gillingham supporter, I obviously know nothing about football  ;)

However, if I was a national team coach, I would make damn sure I got a close up look at ANYONE who was available.

Sancho, Jack, Birchall & Avery John are World Cup veterans. They've played in T&Ts biggest ever games.

Now, maybe they're injured, maybe they're not match fit, maybe they're overweight, oversexed and over in England.

I DON'T CARE. No coach should dismiss potential.

Someone from TTFF can pick up the phone and say "Hey guys, are you going to be in Trini in May? If so, bring your boots and come and meet Maturana. Join in with some training. No pressure, lets just meet up and see what you have."   

Exactly WHO has decided that these guys can't play?? Nobody from T&T has checked them out, so how can they know?

A professional coach would bring them into an extended squad. If he can call back Tallest and Ince, why not look at experienced guys who are younger??

Compare this to England. There are many right sided midfielders who are fitter than Beckham and play at a higher level, yet Fabio still called up Becks. And I bet England coaches were calling Becks and explaining the situation.

As usual, it seems everything TTFF do, they do it wrong.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2008, 04:49:15 AM »
BTW folks the other night on news (forget which channel), it was reported that the coach is looking for players who can make the grade now....he not considering a player's past history

So ah hoping a forumite could help mih out here....when Maturana invited Whitley back it was reported that he looked at tapes of games gone by and was impressed by Whitley.  Here's what ah want all yuh confirm for me....when Maturana found Whitley, was he with a club?  And if yes, was the Pro-league season in full swing or it was pre-season time??  If it was pre-season then he picked him based on de tapes alone (and advice)...right?

If he wasn't with a club, then I take it he picked Whitley based on what he saw on the tapes alone (and advice) and therefore he picked him based on Whitley's past performances...right?

Ah forming a theory nah....but need to just make sure ah have mih facts straight.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2008, 04:56:09 AM »
De bird an need tuh ask dem questions. Ah bet dey woddn let him get close enough tuh ask.
Is either dat or de translation go come out blurred ;)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2008, 11:47:12 AM »
You could think what you want about Sweden but as for him costing us the win, you still haven't adressed the fact that 1) his play stopped what was a sure goal, 2)that he stayed alert when the rest of the defense was sleeping and 3)that he got the ball and that the referee could have chose not to send him off)

Good points...big up Avery all the time.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
Midnight i was just making fun with bigmag about avery, i don't dislike avery nor do i think he's shyte , i'm just not overly impressed with his game.

i just got on BC of this new jack talking bout sweden could've beaten us.

i also believe avery was a bit too excited and cost us the game against sweden since carlos one of our main offensive threrats had to fall back in ah defensive position instead of attacking,

personally i believe that cost us the game. nothing personal towards avery at all my friend.                                                             positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2008, 07:11:17 PM »
Midnight i was just making fun with bigmag about avery, i don't dislike avery nor do i think he's shyte , i'm just not overly impressed with his game.

i also believe avery was a bit too excited and cost us the game against sweden since carlos one of our main offensive threrats had to fall back in ah defensive position instead of attacking,

personally i believe that cost us the game. nothing personal towards avery at all my friend.                                                             positive.

just cool.. saying that cost us the game is inferring that we somehow had control of that game up until the point that avery was sent off..

i sat there in the first half, and it was the first game ever in my whole life where i started looking towards the clock for the final whistle while the game was still in the first half.

truth be told, we couldve easily been down by a few goals up to that point if it wasn't for shaka's heroics, some inspired last ditch defending and a heavy dose of luck.. And our best plays and chances in the game came when we were already down to 10 men because of the fact that Sweden came out to attack us more and we could hit them on the counter and also men was playing out they heart with their backs to the wall..

So i could easily spin that around and argue that by getting sent off, Avery actually nearly made us win the game!   ;)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »

Boss, Avery ain't cost us nothing. That was a sure goal against us if he didn't slide in there. And we certainly wasn't gonna score two in response. Avery save de game wit that tackle and his dismissal make the other 10 focus better and fight harder.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »

Fair enough.

I understand and agree about the part about him being too excited. He coulda remember he alrady had one card and ease into the tackle a bit less forcefully.

But still, answer me this. Look at the play again. and then let we assume he didn't make that tackle.
1) How much probability you think we had of collecting the opening goal on that play?
2) How much probability you think we had of equalising?
3) What was the probability that Sweden would have got a second seeing all the holes we woulda have to open up to try and equalise?

Bear in mind that we had one long hopeful shot on target in the first half, that Sweden outshot us 18 to 6 and had 8 corners to our 1, and 59% posession.

I personally feel that Avery cost us a game, but it wasn't the Sweden one. Was England where we missed having Carlos pushing further up from the start and a genuine left footer on the left leading the ball out of the defense.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
my bad there..i really eh know Sancho was playin....i know hw signed but didnt see him in the lineup

jed...but 2nd division in scotland?? wow...thas a serious drop off

would like him and birchall to find better clubs though

avery, dog , cyd time done to be playing at int'l level
sancho time comin even faster since he aint playin for no serious side

he woulda get more recognition playin for a A-league side or mls even..but then again $$ is key..cah blame him

but 2nd divison scotland?!?!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »
question:  is the agent for Birchall, kelvin jack, spann,  Cyd Gray, Josh Johnson and Sancho all the same person??

from d kinda moves they made..it seeming so!

is it mike berry??

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2008, 10:27:27 PM »
Mike Berry helllllllllllllll noooooooooooo. He boyz Lawerence, Ince, Edwards and Scotland not in d law suit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2008, 11:52:16 PM »
Was it i alone who watch that game ? ppl sweden attack us from the whistle, they were comming hard like there's was no tomorrow, and they left there whole back door wide open. 

of course we had a lot of close calls , but we hung in there and got through the first half goalless

then we came back out in the 2nd 1/2 and i'm pretty sure we had an attack plan in store for them, then came the foul, and as a result the whole game plan had to change to a ultra defensive one.

sweden was open for a good counter attack in dey rass,  connell was running them ragged, could you imagine if carlos was playing in a more forward position !

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2008, 06:18:44 AM »
my bad there..i really eh know Sancho was playin....i know hw signed but didnt see him in the lineup

jed...but 2nd division in scotland?? wow...thas a serious drop off

would like him and birchall to find better clubs though

avery, dog , cyd time done to be playing at int'l level
sancho time comin even faster since he aint playin for no serious side

he woulda get more recognition playin for a A-league side or mls even..but then again $$ is key..cah blame him

but 2nd divison scotland?!?!

Hear de deal.
Ross county sign him when they were virtually guaranteed of promotion. You could look at it three ways:
1) Either they sign him because they knew they going up and they would need a defensive upgrade for next season.
2) Either they sign a visibly unfit man (from what we hear) as emergency cover for injury in the last four weeks
3) Either they sign him as a favour to somebody or out of sympathy.

I really ent want to believe that professional football managers or clubs could make them kind of decision (3) and (2) seem like madness imo. If (1) is indeed the case, next year he will be playing at first division level, same as Scotty was before he move to Swansea.
Scotty scored 25 goals with st. Johnstone and then continued with 29 in Swansea; you could consider that Scottish first division and League 1 are at around the same level.
It mean he essentially right back where he started.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:14 PM »
What about Glen.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2008, 01:27:20 PM »
CALL UP ME MUM
Hart for president

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2008, 12:54:33 PM »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:13 AM »
good TTFF alyuh finish alyuh so called experiment now? alyuh get alyuh results the test fail, time to call back the true warriors. Some of them fellas alyuh play yesterday cah cut the grade on the big stage, face it, You need to bring our warriors home
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »
What about Glen.

Glen not back to that form he had pre-2006. And playing with Ma Pau eh go be the best way to highlight his talents. It look the man confidence and faith real down after the Galaxy and TTFF debacle, not to mention he probably getting blacklisted still. I don't really know, I just making assumptions based on what I see.

I'll say it again, I happy with the way Maturana giving the local youths a chance, but its past due to explore other options. A selection for Glen might be good medecine for him, if he still wants its. Some of Pacho selection eh making sense to me anymore.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
good TTFF alyuh finish alyuh so called experiment now? alyuh get alyuh results the test fail, time to call back the true warriors. Some of them fellas alyuh play yesterday cah cut the grade on the big stage, face it, You need to bring our warriors home

DHW wha shit you talking breds ,yuh eh realize Stern John and co only make we look bad and cost we de game yesterday .I sure if we did leave out de pros and use de same youth team that draw wid Jamaica we wudda geh bout 15  cut England ass. ::) ::)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2008, 10:30:40 AM »
yeah thay have no way Scotland could have play better than roberts................ ::)
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »

DHW wha shit you talking breds ,yuh eh realize Stern John and co only make we look bad and cost we de game yesterday .I sure if we did leave out de pros and use de same youth team that draw wid Jamaica we wudda geh bout 15  cut England ass. ::) ::)
like ya real confuse today Berris ;D ;D

It was good to see the Youths get a game eh....so we have to decide if its either we want the experience or we want to give opposition such as England a good match up.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2008, 11:34:26 AM »

DHW wha shit you talking breds ,yuh eh realize Stern John and co only make we look bad and cost we de game yesterday .I sure if we did leave out de pros and use de same youth team that draw wid Jamaica we wudda geh bout 15   cut England ass. ::) ::)

:devil: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:47 PM »
2014 peeps 4 get 2010
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline damiangoal

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2008, 11:33:20 AM »
Just for arguments sake...

Blacklist, bad feelings, arbitration aside...

Those 4 names have the following against them.

(You are only as good as your last game)...This was when again?...So Maturana could say they not in form.

Jack...always injured and has not seen his way since WC 06 in the warm up vs Sweden. Isnt he fighting for a spot on the bench at his club or was he let go by his employers?

Sancho...had trials for umpteen side since WC. Sign small contract for a few months, finally get a team the other day. Has he played a string of games in succession and is he fit?

Avery John....same as the above, now sign for a A league side two weeks ago. Now getting a run, now gettin fit.

Now the above three players are over 30...ent ALyuh wanted the Colombian use youths. Ent they getting a chance. Cyar please everybody.

Only youth is Birchall....He sweat when again? what was he last game and how much minutes he get?

Then WHo is Maturana advisor/interpretor....Cornmeal. We know Me Mum cyar get no pips dey!

Ask yuhself what any of them 4 fellas do in the last 6 months to warrant a call up.

But them 4 fellas is blacklist victims.
Check the Coventry City fc website and check under "reserves" the last 6 reserve 8 games. 8)

1]; } ?>