April 28, 2024, 06:25:28 AM

Author Topic: is this Prom Dress too Skimpy?  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: is this Prom Dress too Skimpy?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 09:55:05 AM »
WC, I feel sorry for her 'cause to me she must have a very low sense of self worth to want to dress like that. She probably has a healthy self image to know that she could carry off a dress like that but to have that dress made reeks of wanting focus to be drawn on you and to be remembered. But to think that one would objectify oneself to be remembered leads me to believe that she does not rate her characteristics as being the things that she could be remembered for.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:02:06 AM »
I would personally like to slap both she and she damn negligent, irresponsible, ghetto-ass parents.

Now for the rest of the discussion...

A woman does not ask to be raped by the way she dresses and that does not abdicate the responsibility of a rapist.

However by dressing in a certain manner she is responsible for attracting extraordinary attention to herself; unfortunately that includes attracting and inciting the attentions of someone with the propensity to rape.

You don't go swimming in shark infested waters with blood on your hands.

dias the same thing i telling dem ladies in the thread,eg  put the same girl in a big shirt and old jeans and see how much men call she on the road, as appose the that dress she have on.

While it isn't prudent to go strolling thru the 'hood with your ice on display, inviting thieves...similarly in a day and age when women are molested for far less, it isn't prudent to dress immodestly. 

That said however, rape can occur even after consensual penetration...even where there was an explicit 'invitation' followed by a "NO" or "STOP" that is rape by definition and the law has ruled accordingly.  It therefore stands to reason that absent any sort of explicit invitation the victim cannot in any way shape or form be found to be complicit.  Dress her in crocus bags and dust powder on she foot and some sick fkuc will likely still try and assault her.  Rape is hardly ever just about sex so stop with the silly fixation on how sexually suggestive she dresses.

but we was discussing de ho dress and then somebody bring up rape as it relates to her attire, so how you conclude we harping on a silly fixation? We not talking about date rape here.

yes is true anybody could get rape, it have plenty sick men out here..

but the point we getting at is dressing like that could incite not only the sick men... but the borderline, closet sick men too.. and maybe also de men who does get to be sick men under some alcohol etc.. Who yuh tink dem going and target first, madam crocus bag and ashy foot or de walking sex bomb in de skimpy dress?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:03:48 AM by omarldinho »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 10:03:18 AM »
How rape reach into this?
Dais MY POINT

how her dress could give anyone an excuse to justify rape.......that is when I said those who think that way should seek HELP..........NOW
I ended with a WINK as I did not want to Name Names, allya undastan
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:50 AM »
Dais MY POINT

how her dress could give anyone an excuse to justify rape.......that is when I said those who think that way should seek HELP..........NOW
I ended with a WINK as I did not want to Name Names, allya undastan

instead of winking, you shouldve just come out and said you were talking about War..

He sound like one ah dem same sick men in that post he make.

there is no such thing as an 'excuse to justify rape'..  i doubt anybody talking about justification here.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 10:13:03 AM »
WC, I feel sorry for her 'cause to me she must have a very low sense of self worth to want to dress like that. She probably has a healthy self image to know that she could carry off a dress like that but to have that dress made reeks of wanting focus to be drawn on you and to be remembered. But to think that one would objectify oneself to be remembered leads me to believe that she does not rate her characteristics as being the things that she could be remembered for.
:applause:
well said
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 10:15:45 AM »

this is where the rape talk come in lol.

What mother or father in their right minds would allowed their child to leave the house wearing that ? I ain't care what function it is. Then she has dey audacity to put her face and complains to the media ???

I giving her age 16-17 if so much.
And then dey bawl rape.

gezzan ages :-\

she lookingh for dick .. a mi prom dat .. is dick she getting mi nah care if she say no .. straight dick.. no gal fi dress like dat and dont expect fi get rod out!!!!!!!!!!

War...

What mother or father in their right minds would allowed their child to leave the house wearing that ? I ain't care what function it is. Then she has dey audacity to put her face and complains to the media ???

I giving her age 16-17 if so much.
And then dey bawl rape.

gezzan ages :-\

oh dear...Cana..
A woman asks for rape when she dresses a certain way?
Are we then to assume men have no conscious part to play in the ensuing attack?

that is where it start lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 06:37:26 PM »
I had the misfortune to study this business of 'asking to be raped' for a class. I forget who it was that posted that a rapist does not look for the obvious display of flesh. To do that underminds his need to control - again someone brought that up too. Control is a huge factor.
A rapist may choose a small child - did that child ask to be raped by running about naked or revealing underwear by jumping or going on the slide? No.
A rapist might choose an elderly woman, a handicapped woman...etc etc... we're talking about a deseased mind. SOme prefer coma patients, recently deceased women..the list goes on and can get pretty sickening.

The date rape business has a whole other set of factors but underneath them all, lies - control.

This young girl may raise eyebrows, hopes, desires, lust - but the man, assuming he has some grasp of society's expectations, has the choice to act or not to act.
This girl doesn't seem to have much guidance at home. The person who said her mother probably approved or even helped her design the outfit, may be right. or she may have left home one way and ended up at the prom another way. Sometimes our own child, raised with decent values, could put shame in our eyes. We may even know some parents who shame their children - daddy or mummy eyeing one of their friends or dressing like trash.

Cana, to make a long tralala short. Yes, the dress is a mess, she will attract attention and I think she looks plain ole stoopid BUT no one asks to be assaulted.
Also, look at the role models her age group has - from Bouncy to Mariah to Rihanna...you can't even make a whole dress with what they wear. Some one of this girl's friend probably told her 'Ooo girl you look JUST like Kellie Rowland in that outfit!"...and now laughing at her situation.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »
For all those who stuck on the word ' rape', yes it came into this discussion and it went back out the door after much explaination and much clarification by others....what is the problem now ???

While ah typing this short post ah see yours Queen....
Understood ...since yesterday actually.
Thanks for the read :beermug:

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:44:06 PM by TriniCana »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »
well Cana yuh have to excuze meh eh? When ah start to write is like ah cah stop and de whole history of St. Vincent have to come out. Dais what does happen after age 73. Is only the last paragraph was for you though. The rest was jumping in de ole talk.
It's a heated topic though and one setta law books pile up about it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:46:32 PM by Queen Macoomeh »

1]; } ?>