April 25, 2024, 01:56:11 PM

Author Topic: Jones ruled out of England clash.  (Read 9310 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones ruled out of England clash.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »
so now someone's supposed to explain the benefits of defeating england to you?  He's got a minor injury, chances are he wont sustain further damage taking part in the match. If he does and misses our first wcq match against a clearly inferior team, we'll still have more than enough quality to replace him.

Chances are you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Where did you get your medical degree from? How do you know that the chances are slim that he won't sustain further damage...did you pull your head out your ass long enough to gaze into Ms. Cleo's crystal ball to derive that conclusion? 

Your position is foolish, plain and simple.  No matter how overmatched the following week's opponent might be on paper no one can say what the risk of injury would be.  Compared to the potential impact on the qualifying campaign if KJ is subsequently lost for multiple games the argument simply put, is a non-starter.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:38:55 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:34 PM »
All who saying dat break hand or not...the man should risk further damage to his hand, or at best, delay his recovery to run out for what is in reality a meaninless friendly?

...madness.

meaningless friendly my ass

...and if we 'win' this friendly exactly what de ass does that prove?  What benefit is there to be had if he runs out against England (especially with a WC qualifier the very next week) and gets hurt?  Typical ass-backwards Trini thinking.

so now someone's supposed to explain the benefits of defeating england to you?  He's got a minor injury, chances are he wont sustain further damage taking part in the match. If he does and misses our first wcq match against a clearly inferior team, we'll still have more than enough quality to replace him.

far more important for KJ to play in the WCQ. Cyah believe people still underestimating opponents  ::) The strongest possible team is needed for world cup qualification not a glorified fete match. Not sure how serious his injury is, but if it is bad enough that it wouldn't take much contact for him to reinjure it and miss crucial training and possibly the game against Bermuda, then it isn't worth it. Noone wants him to miss the England game, but we should look at the bigger picture. KJ has little to benefit from this game compared to the new and less established players. We have so many strikers who culd use the experience and exposure. So I suggest the opposite. Let KJ rest and put a backup striker on against England. Even an England team playing at half intensity will be a higher grade than they are used to, and help them to deal with playing under the pressure of international scrutiny. Some may even get scouted by foreign teams as it will be assumed this is the highest level they've ever played at and an unknown matching wits against any England squad mya be considered to have potential. However, the likes of KJ will never be scouted by a bigger team in this kind of game as his performances in the EPL are well documented and would be considered a truer test of his ablility at the highest level than this friendly. Would love for our strongest team to play England..and for me that includes KJ. But if I had to choose..I'd much rather him line up against the 'weaker' opposition come qualifying time

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 01:10:23 PM »

Chances are you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Where did you get your medical degree from? How do you know that the chances are slim that he won't sustaing further damage...did you pull your head out your ass long enough to gaze into Ms. Cleo's crystal ball to derive that conclusion? 

Your position is foolish, plain and simple.  No matter how overmatched the following week's opponent might be on paper no one can say what the risk of injury would be.  Compared to the potential impact on the qualifying campaign if KJ is subsequently lost for multiple games the argument simply put, is a non-starter.

chances are youre a dumb literal f**k.. no one is saying play him if there is a big risk of further injury. Hes got the off season, its a minor wrist injury. so what if he broke a nail? you go be saying the same damn thing? dont risk his injury...you know what, youre right, beating england isnt worth it. nothing good can come from that....clown.
Hart for president

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 01:13:27 PM »

Chances are you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Where did you get your medical degree from? How do you know that the chances are slim that he won't sustaing further damage...did you pull your head out your ass long enough to gaze into Ms. Cleo's crystal ball to derive that conclusion? 

chances are youre a dumb literal f**k.. no one is saying play him if there is a big risk of further injury. Hes got the off season, its a minor wrist injury. so what if he broke a nail? you go be saying the same damn thing? dont risk his injury...you know what, youre right, beating england isnt worth it. nothing good can come from that....clown.
A broken bone is a minor injury now? What major? A bullet wound?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
Look at the end of the day, it dont matter what Roy Keane or anybody else says.

Come June 1st, as long as Kenwyne could band up dat hand and run out, I guarantee allyuh he eh missing that game for nothing.. This is England we talking about you know. For any player worth his salt, it will take a whole lot to convince him to 'rest up' for de Bermuda game; qualifier or no qualifier.

Watch de ride!

PS: For all those labelling this game 'meaningless', keep in mind this is and will be our most competitive friendly for a very long time, and the biggest test under the Maturana regime. I suspect alot of the local players we speaking so highly of against lesser opposition will get found out on game day.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:35 PM »

Come June 1st, as long as Kenwyne could band up dat hand and run out, I guarantee allyuh he eh missing that game for nothing.. This is England we talking about you know. For any player worth his salt, it will take a whole lot to convince him to 'rest up' for de Bermuda game; qualifier or no qualifier.

Watch de ride!

PS: For all those labelling this game 'meaningless', keep in mind this is and will be our most competitive friendly for a very long time, and the biggest test under the Maturana regime. I suspect alot of the local players we speaking so highly of against lesser opposition will get found out on game day.

I think the word 'meaningless' is just a relative term in the grand scheme of things. Yes on face value playing Englland is huge, but really and truly it's a friendly. Losing that game wud have no serious consequences on the fate of the team. Bermuda by comparison is a "soft" fixture, but thats WCQ we talking about. That game way more serious. I have no problem with KJ playing against England, AS LONG AS HIS WRIST IS IN GOOD SHAPE. If there is any reasonable risk in making the injury worse, then he shud just sit back and rest up for Bermuda. The England game is somewhat 'meaningless' in comparison
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:50 PM »
All who saying dat break hand or not...the man should risk further damage to his hand, or at best, delay his recovery to run out for what is in reality a meaninless friendly?

...madness.

meaningless friendly my ass

...and if we 'win' this friendly exactly what de ass does that prove?  What benefit is there to be had if he runs out against England (especially with a WC qualifier the very next week) and gets hurt?  Typical ass-backwards Trini thinking.

far more important for KJ to play in the WCQ. Cyah believe people still underestimating opponents  ::) The strongest possible team is needed for world cup qualification not a glorified fete match. Not sure how serious his injury is, but if it is bad enough that it wouldn't take much contact for him to reinjure it and miss crucial training and possibly the game against Bermuda, then it isn't worth it. Noone wants him to miss the England game, but we should look at the bigger picture. KJ has little to benefit from this game compared to the new and less established players. We have so many strikers who culd use the experience and exposure. So I suggest the opposite. Let KJ rest and put a backup striker on against England. Even an England team playing at half intensity will be a higher grade than they are used to, and help them to deal with playing under the pressure of international scrutiny. Some may even get scouted by foreign teams as it will be assumed this is the highest level they've ever played at and an unknown matching wits against any England squad mya be considered to have potential. However, the likes of KJ will never be scouted by a bigger team in this kind of game as his performances in the EPL are well documented and would be considered a truer test of his ablility at the highest level than this friendly. Would love for our strongest team to play England..and for me that includes KJ. But if I had to choose..I'd much rather him line up against the 'weaker' opposition come qualifying time

In a nutshell...pretty much  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 01:47:56 PM »

Look idiot gyal go sit yuh menstrual ass down in ah corner and let sensible talk prevail.  His "off season" is World Cup qualifying time for us yuh asshead...he supposed tuh go run out against a hard-tackling England side in what is sure to be a competitive game and risk ending up like John Terry?  Yuh's ah dunce or what?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2008, 01:56:42 PM »
retard, ill say it one more time to run thru your empty head...England is not a meaningless friendly, even in the grand scheme of things - so you're flat out WRONG on that, which is usually the case with your whiny, over-sensitive opinions. Im not a doctor, nor do i know the full extent of Jones' injury. But, if he can play through it then it would be great if he made the effort to do so.
Hart for president

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
Since we are all armchair medicos and know exactly what the entent of the injury is ..we should agree on at least one thing ...Roy Keane wants to keep his player. I guess the rest of us  have to be psychologists to know if he is trying a a ting or is ah real injury.
where are the players among us in this argument ? like we kyah remember how it felt when we get ah chance to play against a big team an we had an injury ?? ...how we use epsom salts and soft candle and all kinda remedies so dat we could play ?
Dis is england !! ..it eh matter if is a fete match is a chance to fullfill your dream ....
You really think playing aginst Bermuda even in a world cup can compare to playing against England even in a fete match ?
barring extreme pain kenwyn go be on dat field against england ...anyone willing to bet ?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 02:11:25 PM »

Watch de ride!

Omar I wrote my reply before reading yours ... next ting we go agree on tings man ! Kenwyn playing !!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:36 PM »

Watch de ride!

Omar I wrote my reply before reading yours ... next ting we go agree on tings man ! Kenwyn playing !!

Well, is just for you now to come out and admit Inzaghi is not one of the top 20 strikers in the world, then we go be cooking wid gas  :beermug:

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
Since we are all armchair medicos and know exactly what the entent of the injury is ..we should agree on at least one thing ...Roy Keane wants to keep his player. I guess the rest of us  have to be psychologists to know if he is trying a a ting or is ah real injury.
where are the players among us in this argument ? like we kyah remember how it felt when we get ah chance to play against a big team an we had an injury ?? ...how we use epsom salts and soft candle and all kinda remedies so dat we could play ?
Dis is england !! ..it eh matter if is a fete match is a chance to fullfill your dream ....
You really think playing aginst Bermuda even in a world cup can compare to playing against England even in a fete match ?
barring extreme pain kenwyn go be on dat field against england ...anyone willing to bet ?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he already fulfill this dream in the world cup?? What else is there for him to gain if he risking further injury?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »

i don't think too many people pretending to know the extent of KJ's injury. In fact, everyone wants him to play against England. The whole discussion is centering around what the coaching staff should do IF the injury happens to be significantly bad.  There are two sides..play at all costs, or save it for WCQ. Noone pretending to know if he fit enough..at least I didn't think so.

Another thing. I know it is England, but the Bermuda game is more important. Noone wants to miss the England friendly. But I can tell yuh exactly which one every man jack..players and fans, would rather lose. And lest we forget..KJ done play against a fully competitive, determined England squad, in an actual WC finals. And he plays in the top flight in England. So as important and glamorous as the game is, ....lewwe stop talking like is Jesus and the 11 disciples self descend to take a wet in the Hasley Crawford nah. Oh gorm pardnah..what you woulda do if it was Argentina we was playing  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008, 02:57:31 PM »
retard, ill say it one more time to run thru your empty head...England is not a meaningless friendly, even in the grand scheme of things - so you're flat out WRONG on that, which is usually the case with your whiny, over-sensitive opinions. Im not a doctor, nor do i know the full extent of Jones' injury. But, if he can play through it then it would be great if he made the effort to do so.

Okay Jockstrap, England is not a meaningless friendly...my head empty and yours full ah shit.  There we're even.  Now take yuh ball and go outside and play.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »
I think there are a couple of lads on this thread that definately need to cut down on the happy baccy.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »
And he finds another victim!!!!! when will ppl learn.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 05:35:04 AM »
Midnight - I personally find this FIFA law only works for WCQ's though, as the clubs have interesting ways of making sure players "dont want to return " for international friendlies.

Is it only me, but isn't the chance of playing England a really invaluable exercise in terms of playing together as a unit against top class opposition?
It might be meaningless in terms of the outcome, but you cannot put a price on team chemistry, especially against quality opponents, which we havent really been getting recently.

Playing England, friendly or not, will give us a lot of good experience when we come up to play the U.S.
If you can't see that, then you really dont know about football.

In game situations, you tend to learn learn so much on the field about yourself, tactics and your teamates. The coach also gets a helluva lot of learning done as well.

Also, what about the confidence that will be flowing with a good display....?

I guess if allyuh want to call the England game meaningless, we should just cancel each and every single friendly we have over the next 2 years and just play qualifiers when they come up?

Then there is the immeasurable factor of playing against one of the most popular and well known teams in the world, a team that has won the WC, hosts the best League in the world, and not to mention perhaps the biggest game in our country's history outside of WCQ's.

Once we don't get drubbed like Jamaica 2 yrs ago, we have nothing to lose in this game.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 06:07:09 AM »
Midnight - I personally find this FIFA law only works for WCQ's though, as the clubs have interesting ways of making sure players "dont want to return " for international friendlies.

My point was simply to say that non established countries like ourselves have a habit of scheduling games outside the FIFA windows (which are admittedly very sparse), and that as such, for these games, it is quite normal that clubs exercise their right to not release players for them, even if diplomacy should be the norm, and players who are not being actively used, playing reserves etc should be allowed back.

I brought up the point because I remember Australia (I think it was) having to play one of their lower level qualifiers without their European contingent because of the federation's faulty scheduling of these matches.

Obviously clubs find ways of getting around the rule, be it through real or imagined injuries, flight logistic mix ups etc, but this is mainly because few are the national federations that will press for a suspension of the player from the next club match if it is indeed shown that fraudulent means were used to deny the country the use of their player. However, this rarely happens with players from top countries, playing with top clubs, so the issue never raises a big stink.

I assume that the rest of your post was not directed towards me. I'll answer nonetheless...

Is it only me, but isn't the chance of playing England a really invaluable exercise in terms of playing together as a unit against top class opposition?
Then why seek to include BOTH Dwight and Latas in it?

Playing England, friendly or not, will give us a lot of good experience when we come up to play the U.S.
Of course, but believe me when I say that I would much prefer having had someone of KJ's proven quality mixing in with the others in the last 5 friendlies and not having him against England, than the opposite.

Also, what about the confidence that will be flowing with a good display....?
What about the shaking of the confidence that will occur if we got massacred? (I'm not saying we will, mind you)

Then there is the immeasurable factor of playing against one of the most popular and well known teams in the world, a team that has won the WC, hosts the best League in the world, and not to mention perhaps the biggest game in our country's history outside of WCQ's.
Been there done that. Less than two years ago.
Jamaica did as well. Haiti played Brazil. I don't think it has measurably changed the face of football in any of those three examples.
The exceptional nature of the event in question should never blind anyone to the fact that all it is for both countries is a PR coup. Certain young up and coming players will relish it as a once in a lifetime opportunity (as they should), but football development is not a one off event.

But all of this is straying off the point. There are tons of players that need this experience. KJ isn't necessarily one of them. IF, (again note the conditionality), he runs a non negligeable risk of reinjuring himself during the game, he should not play it, bearing in mind the priority of the WC games.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
Kenwyne won't give up on England hopes

Kenwyne Jones could yet feature in Trinidad and Tobago's glamour friendly with England.
The Sunderland striker fractured his wrist in Sunday's final game of the season at home to Arsenal.

It was expected the £6million former Southampton hitman would be forced out of the Port of Spain clash on June 1.

But he is eager to play with a soft cast on the injury and T&T coach Francisco Maturana is expected to name Jones in his squad tomorrow.

T&T team manager David Muhammad said last night: "We spoke to Kenwyne on Monday. Of course, he wants to play.

"But the situation is one we have to monitor before making any final decisions."

Sunderland boss Roy Keane will expect to be kept up to date with any decisions taken over Jones's involvement.

The striker was hurt when he was struck by a powerful shot from Arsenal midfielder Gilberto and was replaced for the second-half by Roy O'Donovan.

Keane will not any risks taken with this season's seven-goal top scorer, fearing he could suffer further damage to his arm.

He'll want Jones fully fit by the time Sunderland return for pre-season training in the second week of July.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Kenwyne-won39t-give-up-on.4080588.jp

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 10:29:20 AM »

Watch de ride!

Well, is just for you now to come out and admit Inzaghi is not one of the top 20 strikers in the world, then we go be cooking wid gas  :beermug:
Ah kow yuh reading de newspapers so ah go save yuh de embarassment .....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't he already fulfill this dream in the world cup?? What else is there for him to gain if he risking further injury?

Dis is de centennial ...100 years of football anniversary celebrations  !!! I played vs bermuda in ah world cup qualifier ...I played in de centennial vs England ... just does not quite sound the same does it .
Bermuda eh no big game ...... old talk if men want to dispute dat ! Just like Trinidad eh no big game for England either. What this is ..is an opportunity to create ah little history..and which player go want to miss dat ?
Jones playing vs england and we beating bermuda whether Jones play or not !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 10:43:01 AM »
Kenwyne won't give up on England hopes

Kenwyne Jones could yet feature in Trinidad and Tobago's glamour friendly with England.
The Sunderland striker fractured his wrist in Sunday's final game of the season at home to Arsenal.

It was expected the £6million former Southampton hitman would be forced out of the Port of Spain clash on June 1.

But he is eager to play with a soft cast on the injury and T&T coach Francisco Maturana is expected to name Jones in his squad tomorrow.

T&T team manager David Muhammad said last night: "We spoke to Kenwyne on Monday. Of course, he wants to play.

"But the situation is one we have to monitor before making any final decisions."

Sunderland boss Roy Keane will expect to be kept up to date with any decisions taken over Jones's involvement.

The striker was hurt when he was struck by a powerful shot from Arsenal midfielder Gilberto and was replaced for the second-half by Roy O'Donovan.

Keane will not any risks taken with this season's seven-goal top scorer, fearing he could suffer further damage to his arm.

He'll want Jones fully fit by the time Sunderland return for pre-season training in the second week of July.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/safc/Kenwyne-won39t-give-up-on.4080588.jp

Dais wha we talking bout !!!
Jones playin !! Go kenwyn and show dem weakhearts  dat the team eh going into battle without you ..friendly or not. yuh uncle shouda take de fall against de USA ah know dat still on yuh mind ...so any big side we playing we playing to show we know ah little sumptin bout de game ...not dat defend in yuh own half ting we do in the WC...we doh play football so ..... and if latas play ..which I seriously doubt .... is entertainment galore ...

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 01:43:55 PM »

Dis is de centennial ...100 years of football anniversary celebrations  !!! I played vs bermuda in ah world cup qualifier ...I played in de centennial vs England ... just does not quite sound the same does it .
Bermuda eh no big game ...... old talk if men want to dispute dat ! Just like Trinidad eh no big game for England either. What this is ..is an opportunity to create ah little history..and which player go want to miss dat ?

Yes, playing in the centennial SOUNDS nicer.....but come on, the games nowhere close in terms of importance. A WCQ always more important than a friendly, any which way yuh slice it. Doh get me wrong, I want KJ to mix it up against England just as much as anybody.....I just saying if push come to shove and playing against England compromising his ability to participate come June 15, then i wud rather he take it easy and rest he stones. If he healthy, then I have no problem. And the fact that he already play against England on the biggest stage in world football make this friendly even less important for him, IMO. But here's hoping he has a speedy recovery  :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »

Jai..answer meh a simple question. Which one it would hurt more to lose...the England friendly, or the Bermuda tie? That is what I thought. I eh know what do allyuh that saying that the Bermuda game eh big. It huge. Playing England in T&T eh no big historical event compared to qualifying for SA 2010 for which the Bermuda game is a critical step. I wish I was there for the England game mehself. It is a big occasion, and it is key prep. Our full side should play against England including KJ if the medics say it cool. I mean is football..getting injured is always a risk. You could get injured putting on cologne 8). But the England game, despite all the glamor is jess ah dress rehearsal..a preparation exercise for the real business at hand a couple weeks later.

1]; } ?>