April 28, 2024, 02:10:41 PM

Author Topic: T&TFF, Warriors await ruling  (Read 2995 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
T&TFF, Warriors await ruling
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »
T&TFF, Warriors await ruling
Express

Saturday, May 10th 2008

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) and 16 2006 World Cup players must wait until next week for an award from the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel as regards their dispute over commercial and sponsorship revenue from the showcase FIFA tournament.

Legal representatives from either side appeared before arbitrator Ian Mill QC on April 28, 29 and 30. English barrister William McCormack SC and local lawyers Om Lalla and Kelvin Ramkissoon represented the T&TFF while English barristers Rupert Butler SC and Mike Townley acted on behalf of the players.

Mill must decide whether an alleged verbal agreement between T&TFF special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner and the players reached the level of certainty required by law to become a legal contract.

If the London body rules in favour of the players, it is expected that independent auditors would be mandated to examine the T&TFF's accounts as related to the 2006 World Cup. -Lasana Liburd

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&TFF, Warriors await ruling
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 02:38:46 PM »
D wait long but it will b worth it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:42:45 PM »
I ent holding my breath...FIFA very influencial in the World, eh

but I HOPE they get through
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »
Even if dey eh win dey had d testicula fortitude 2 go against Jack dey are winners in my eyes whatever happen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:08:20 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 02:52:39 PM »
Even if dey eh win dey had d testicula fortitude 2 go against JackULA dey are wimmers in my eyes whatever happen.
yes yes
VERY true indeed
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »
Good luck to these brave warriors.  :salute: :salute: Yuh names eh warrior fuh nutten..... and yes you all are winners by just what you've done in challenging those whom we won't have the guts to.

Time for the ruthless, oppressive and cancerous exploitation by Jackula, Scamps and Rodent and their bamcee-licking patronage seekers to be at least tempered, if not ended. Is really time. Good luck Sancho, Jack, Glen, Birch, John and all the others currently tasting the latest divide and rule version of the blacklist engineered by Jackula and happily enacted by bamcee-licking Cornmeal .
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:46:40 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »
Ahem.....

It was due last week......then  postponed to this week...

This week have today (and it already bout 12 noon in de UK) and tomorrow left.......when we goh hear something??  :waiting:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:27:10 AM »
Ahem.....

This week have today (and it already bout 12 noon in de UK) and tomorrow left.......when we goh hear something??  :waiting:
Yesterday is yesterday
today is today
and tomorrow ent coming
 :devil:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:28:59 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:36:37 AM »
Ahem.....

what the arbitrator actually said was that it would have been due for the earliest last week Friday.

My understanding is that the judgment is prepared, but a 'minor issue' has delayed its release....watch this space
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:38:13 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:37:22 AM »
Ahem.....

Yesterday is yesterday
today is today
and tomorrow ent coming
 :devil:

;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »

Warriors blame T&TFF for judgment delay
Friday, May 16th 2008
Trinidad Express

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) unwillingness to dip into their coffers might be causing a delay with the release of a judgment from the Sport Dispute Resolution Panel as regards their bonus dispute with 16 members of the country's 2006 World Cup squad.

Legal representation for the T&TFF and the Soca Warriors faced off in London, late last month, where they presented their cases to arbitrator Ian Mill QC. The Warriors claimed entitlement to half of all sponsorship and income revenue related to the last World Cup while the T&TFF denied any contract between the two sides.

English barrister and the players' legal representative, Michael Townley alleged yesterday that a judgment was reached but the arbitration body refused to hand it over until administrative fees were paid by both parties. Townley said the players' handlers had met their costs but claimed that the T&TFF was yet to meet their financial responsibility.

The administrative cost for each party is understood to be in the region of TT$4,940 (400 pounds).

Kelvin Ramkissoon, a member of the T&TFF's legal team, declined comment.

"I do not know where you got your information," Ramkissoon told the Trinidad Express, "but I am not authorised to speak to you."

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:35:38 PM »

Friday, May 16th 2008
Trinidad Express

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation's (T&TFF) unwillingness to dip into their coffers might be causing a delay with the release of a judgment from the Sport Dispute Resolution Panel as regards their bonus dispute with 16 members of the country's 2006 World Cup squad.

Legal representation for the T&TFF and the Soca Warriors faced off in London, late last month, where they presented their cases to arbitrator Ian Mill QC. The Warriors claimed entitlement to half of all sponsorship and income revenue related to the last World Cup while the T&TFF denied any contract between the two sides.

English barrister and the players' legal representative, Michael Townley alleged yesterday that a judgment was reached but the arbitration body refused to hand it over until administrative fees were paid by both parties. Townley said the players' handlers had met their costs but claimed that the T&TFF was yet to meet their financial responsibility.

The administrative cost for each party is understood to be in the region of TT$4,940 (400 pounds).

"I do not know where you got your information," Ramkissoon told the Trinidad Express, "but I am not authorised to speak to you."

Right. The way the plot thickening, you could make plaster with it...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:16 PM »
Am I to believe what I am reading?  Nice man! Look, ....  yuh see this TTFF? ..... huh!!yahyai
Very very destructive behaviour indeed.... and they not afraid to tell a recognized legal body to literally f#$% off. I sense that they want the judgement held up until after the England game.

Very interesting  :thinking:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:18:38 AM »
not surprising
Jackula has enough money to pay the BEST lawyers for the BEST advise

just Imagine, if you will, $173 Million and dis 4 Car ent payin the 4,000 ::)
Sepp Blatter must be SO PROUD of his Darling VP.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:14:14 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 02:30:34 AM »

Friday, May 16th 2008
Trinidad Express

I understand from the players that the figure owed was £3,858. This was requested over a week ago. The players paid their £3,858, yet TTFF haven't yet made provision to pay their £3,858.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 05:14:18 AM »
......and it have people on here who debated/debating whether or not to don a black juzzy...

GO BLACK IF YUH WANT JACK TO TRACK BACK!!!!     

......ah really find it too early to raise mih blood pressure...but ah just going to let it out....

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :frustrated: :frustrated: :banginghead: :banginghead: :cursing: :cursing:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:17:13 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 10:05:24 AM »
Come on guys just have a little patience,i might be wrong but the TTFF don't have a case against the players is the players that have a case against the TTFF/Jack,from what i know the players have the best legal team money can buy representing them so what's the problem?their legal team knows what to do if the TTFF don't want to pay their part of the deal,don't worry guys ours players in good hands, i guess everthing is under control,it was said no one suppose to talk but like word getting out already.This is Football we dealing with and it's all about tactics,TTFF not appearing,not paying the fees,i guess if they had too they would,if the outcome of this would hurt them they would be fighting it,this thing is so petty it does not worth fighting over,posters on here panicking more than those 16 players.You know i really do like Yorke and Latapy as men they just not taking on T&T Football,it have so much more important things to do,they gave as much and received as much as they can and that's it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

Friday, May 16th 2008
Trinidad Express

I understand from the players that the figure owed was £3,858. This was requested over a week ago. The players paid their £3,858, yet TTFF haven't yet made provision to pay their £3,858.

I had a question about that myself...whether it was £400 or £4,000 that was owed to the SDRP.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Give the TTFF some time to make up the money nah lol. just joking, I sure they gonna lose and know inside they gonna have to pay the money

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
So if dey eh pay d arbitrator fee when dey have 2 pay d players what go happen

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »
allya REALLY think that "Sepp Boy" goin an pay

Olive, never in ya life boy ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:44:39 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>