May 28, 2024, 01:32:08 PM

Author Topic: Jamal Gay Thread  (Read 41062 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal joins RoPS on one year deal.
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:53 AM »
So where's teh link at RoPS? Do we have an agent out there? Or is it off the back of the player(s)? Also notice that it's usually a year loan - is there a reason they're not buying them outright?
Career ? he playing for free ? Not sure i understand here. He trying to make one, and he running out of time.i.e. at this point he has to take what he can get. If his employers lending him out, he don't have much of a choice.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2014, 02:40:36 PM »
I watch an adult league game last night, Very similar.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2014, 06:40:24 PM »
Jamal is not playing for Santa Clause FC. Two weeks ago after his two recent starting roles he got a small injury and miss last week game due to the injury even though he was in last week squad. His coach told him to go play a game with 2nd team (Santa Clause FC) who plays in third division to get fitness after injury and only played 50 minutes. Jamal is still a RoPS player and will be back on their starting team very soon. Today he played a game and had a great performance and coach said he has full confidence in Jamal.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #214 on: June 11, 2014, 05:21:40 PM »
Jamal "Yaya" Gay new role winning pundits.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Former T&T youth striker Jamal Gay is enjoying life in Finland, more so, his new position he now plays with Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS).

Head coach Juha Malinen were all to happy when he welcomed back his number one striker Soviet Union-born Finnish footballer Aleksandr Kokko into the team after a lengthy injury layoff. Which meant that, Jamal's position as number one striker were in jeopardy.

The Trinidadian international were snapped up as added coverage for the then injured Kokko, but Jamal too got injured shortly after signing with his new team and were temporarily shipped out to FC Santa Clause who plays in the third division to regain his fitness, it was a small injury which Jamal got over after one game. A move he didn't have to go, but agreed just to sharpen up on his fitness among other things.

The former Caledonia player returned to RoPS after his brief one game stint with the 3rd division team and with the return of Aleksandr Kokko, Jamal, was instructed to play on the right wing for his new team as the system played were mostly a 4-5-1 formation leaving coach Malinen no choice but to make changes to accommodate Jamal as he did not want to bench the talented marksman.

Jamal was moved out of position and placed on the wing. There, he had an instant impact and played a few games running the wing effectively and quickly cemented a permanent spot on RoPS first team.

Today, Jamal is at it again, he has now found a new place on the field in a defensive midfield position and seemed to have finally found a new home after an impressive debut in his new role.

"The coach didn't want to move me, but really had no choice as we needed help defensively."

"The coach told me that the players like that I can hold up ball very well and pass accurately, added Gay."

"While playing on the wing, I was not losing the ball as much as the others and I were taking on defenders too causing us to win free kicks, hence the reason I was foul 9 times around the box in one game."

"My team can play well but we are giving up easy goals and since fan favorite Kokko came back, the coach didn't want to put me on bench because he liked the way I play, so he told me to play on the wing. I tried it cause I want to play football and did pretty decent, but the goals against us kept coming through the center."

"Our coach needed to plug the defence and because of my built and my hold up play, he has decided to try me in the defensive midfield position."

"I played 90 mins yesterday against one of best teams in Finland- Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi (HJK) and had a really great performance. Even former Tottenham Hotspur, Sunderland, Red Bulls, Ajax and Auxerre midfielder Teemu Tainio who now ply his trade with HJK and is legend here told my coach after the game that I give him no chance to play his game and marked him off really well, he was impressed."

"During the past couple weeks I was tried in two different positions and I responded well. My coach also told me I shocked the 2,000+ fans who witnessed the game versus HJK, some of them was even saying: that this big guy can play midfield effectively, they applauded me after the game."

"The players are calling me Yaya Toure now (laugh...) and told me they prefer me there."

"When I was leaving the stadium a media guy congratulated me and said "great performance and we prefer you there now".

"Flex, maybe this is a beginning of new era in my career. "All I can say is, you never know this maybe a turning point in my football, I'll give it my best shot, I want to play and I will do anything asked just to be on the field, I love football."

"Coach said: its my new position now, ended Jamal."

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:00:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
Good job Jamal, T&T can do with a Yaya in the midfield

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2014, 05:17:48 AM »
Love his attitude, hope he improves.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2014, 02:11:41 AM »
GOOD NEWS i remember Carlyle Mitchell being a striker for Calidonia and joe public back in the day. i think he moved to defense under similar circumstances.

keep doing big things
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »
Loving the versitility - hopefully he'll become a fan favourite and push the NT :)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
Jamal scored his first goal today Gave a man of match performance

They won 3-0.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2014, 08:44:16 PM »
That's great news Flex. Thanks.
Man cyah be jess getting A for effort with no real goals to show.
It eh easy out there and if you don't produce somebody go eventually eat your lunch ... and your contract.
Well done Jamal, keep it up and make more daring forays to try and score. The more you score the more liberty you can take to surge forward again and do more in future games.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:54:25 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2014, 04:36:03 AM »
Hoping he'll make some headway - at 25 he still has some room to grow, especially if he continues to be versatile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2014, 12:27:04 PM »
WATCH Jamal Gay score his first league goal for Rovaniemen Palloseura in a 3-0 win over FC Inter Turku. Goal sequence starts at approximately 4:17.
http://www.playerslehti.net/maalikoosteet?video=oy7nv7lh
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2014, 03:47:13 PM »
RoPS played FF Jaro (Winchester and Aubrey team) today. Game ended 1-1. All Trini's played 90 mins and played well.

Jamal got his first assist of the season.

Offline finformer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2014, 03:25:50 AM »
Two assists and one goal in 3-4 victory over FC Lahti. Great performance from Jamal.

Highlights of the game (Jamal's assists on 02:01 and 04:22, goal on 09:24)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2014, 07:40:49 AM »
Two assists and one goal in 3-4 victory over FC Lahti. Great performance from Jamal.

Highlights of the game (Jamal's assists on 02:01 and 04:22, goal on 09:24)

Great news - I'm getting the impression he's doing excellently in Finland - what's the feeling of him over ther?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »
Good going Yaya.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
WATCH Jamal Gay score the game-winning goal for RoPS as they upset FC Lahti 4-3. In this Man of the Match performance, Jamal also had assists on the second and third goals, which can be seen at 3:09 and 5:24 respectively.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8G8wsqWOMCo?start=603" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8G8wsqWOMCo?start=603</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2015, 10:54:08 AM »
Even though I have not seen an official announcement, it seems as though he's no longer with RoPS. He did not feature in any pre-season games, and he's not listed on their 2015 roster.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Jamal Gay set to join Caledonia
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2018, 12:23:20 AM »
Jamal Gay offers experience to juvenile Rangers bunch.
ttproleague.com.

Jamal Gay, after a hiatus through injury, will return to top-flight football this season in the Pro League, committing to himself as a player of experience in a youthful MIC-IT St. Ann’s Rangers side. But warns opponents “once I am fit—I score goals.”

The former Trinidad and Tobago international forward links up with experienced shot-stopper and former Soca Warrior Cleon John, 36, who will enter his third season at Rangers when the First Citizens Cup kicks off on the weekend.

Both will serve as experience in coach Adrian Romain’s new-look squad, in which half the roster are aged 21 and below and more than eighty percent of all players, among them Malik Jabari Mayers, Jerome Cyrus and former Carapichaima Secondary captain Collin Wheeler, are all looking towards their top-flight debut.

Gay, 29, however had been side-lined for most of the last two years following a knee injury suffered after scoring San Juan Jabloteh’s final goal in a 9-0 thrashing of Flames United of Sint Maarten in the first round of the 2016 Caribbean Club Championship on Mar. 10, 2016.

Last season he joined Club Sando but was subsequently released by the Oranges. He nevertheless thanks club owner Eddison Dean and coach Angus Eve for a “commendable” effort in trying to work with him towards returning to full fitness after signing him injured.

“I am here (at Rangers) to encourage the younger guys but also it will come with my effort to score some goals,” said Gay who had stints abroad with German Bundesliga 2 outfit RW Oberhausen (2009-10) and Finland top-flight team Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS) (2014).

“I may not be the perfect example but I have gained experience over the years and that can be beneficial to younger players,” added the ex-Morvant Caledonia United frontman. “Some of the young guys at Rangers aren’t known names but already I see potential that with the right coaching and performances they can go on to represent Trinidad and Tobago.”

Gay can also be an inspiration to a wider spectrum of young men, not just on the football field.

Though frustrated by his injury setback, Gay took the time to shift his focus back on his education on the advice of his parents and close friends and the former El Dorado (East) Secondary student improved his academic tally (now at six O Levels and one A-level) with CXC English and Social Studies the most recent—the latter achieved through tutoring from Sonja Tyson, a friend of his family and Social Studies teacher at Tranquillity Government Secondary.

He also became certified as a real estate agent (though non-practicing) and last December landed a job at Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC).

Gay did not stop there. He currently co-hosts “Rep Ya Team” (a sport talk show which airs on Synergy TV) alongside radio presenter Chrislon ‘Verse’ Benfield and Johnathon Bourne, and is an ambassador for Trini Talent, a newly-formed player management company, headed by Wilt James.

But a strong desire to give back through the sport he said had given him “so much”, Gay will suit up for Rangers this season.

“I’m not one hundred percent where I want to be,” Gay conceded. “But I’m at a much better place now. And it was not possible without the support of my (immediate) family and close friends including the Tyson family. Their encouragement and my prayers made it possible. God has a way of doing things. I have to think that my injury guided me to make a U-turn and to do some things I had left out of my focus.”

Rangers head coach Romain said that while Gay has more of a motivational role within his new squad, it also presents an opportunity for the forward renew himself.

Romain, who took charge of the habitual underdogs of the Pro League from Anthony Streete midway through the 2017 campaign, also believes his “young and energetic” side can surprise by challenging for a top-five league finish and a knockout title in 2018.

“Last season we did not have the commitment of the players,” Romain said. “I hope that is now behind us now because I have single-handedly selected our current squad. We have a very energetic squad that will have the experience of guys like Cleon (John) and Jamal (Gay) who we are blessed to have.”

MIC-IT St. Ann’s Rangers 2018 roster

Goalkeepers: Cleon John, Christopher Byng and Jabari St. Hillaire (U21);

Defenders: Holan Joseph, Kevin Pilgrim, Renaldo Alexander, Marvin Springer, Keithen Carter (U21), Kwame Hazel and Andel Brown;

Midfielders: Maliq Gumbs (U21), Shem Alexander, Kristian Meloney, Jabari Malik Mayers (U21), Tyrell Daniel Cameron (U21), Gerald Kipp Meloney, Jerome Cyrus (U21), Colin Wheeler (U21), Joshua Clarke (U21), Saleem Henry (U21), Francis Rojas, Kaleb Douglas and Dominic Douglas (U21);

Forwards: Keon Peters, Isiah Mc Lean (U21), Jamal Gay, Allister Bernard (U21), Imaani Johnson (U21), Braxton Gibbs and Kevon Edwards (U21).

Staff: Adrian Romain (Coach/Trainer); Holan Joseph (Player/Assistant Coach); Michael Taylor (Physiotherapist); Kern George (Statistics Manager), Cleon John (Player/Goalkeeper Coach); Eric Moore (Equipment Manager); Marisa Charles (Team Administrator); and Stephen Ortega (Social Media).

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Gay Thread
« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2018, 12:54:22 PM »
What is the schedule and location of Rangers PL team practices ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »

If it's the same as last year, it's in the East. St. Augustine (the secondary school) ... ah think.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »

If it's the same as last year, it's in the East. St. Augustine (the secondary school) ... ah think.
;D not St Augustine rangers, the St Ann's Rangers. I would most likely be in Belmont   ;)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »

;D not St Augustine rangers, the St Ann's Rangers. I would most likely be in Belmont   ;)

Maxg, this is one of the reasons football is so disfunctional in TT. I think Rangers played all their games in St. Augustine last season. Correct me. These people don’t make effing sense. Can Rangers ask the the POS city council to put temporary barriers around one field in the Savannah and use it as their home field. As stupid as my suggested may appear, it is better option for Rangers playing in the Savannah than going St. Augustine to play.

1]; } ?>