April 29, 2024, 05:25:46 AM

Author Topic: Jamal Gay Thread  (Read 40673 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamal Gay Thread
« on: May 13, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »
Jamal dreams of playing England.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Young Trinidad and Tobago striker Jamal Gay says it would be a dream come true to line up against England  on June 1 and he’s hoping he’s done enough to get into Francisco Maturana’s squad for the upcoming friendly international at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Gay scored his first international goal for the “Soca Warriors” in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Barbados and has three appearances after making his debut in the 1-0 win over El Salvador in March. The tall, speedy forward has been one of those impressing Francisco Maturana and staff since joining the team earlier this year. 

Speaking after Sunday’s victory at the Marvin Lee Stadium, the El Dorado Senior Comprehensive player said: “It’s been a lot of hard work and it paid off today with the goal. I am very thankful to God for giving me this opportunity and to the coaches for giving me the chance to play for the team.

“For me as a younger player it has been a bit challenging but I have remained focused and I am working hard all the time. We have some young players in the team so all of us are trying to push each other and hopefully bring out the best in each other. There are times when not every player will get the chance but we want to keep working hard and hopefully get the chances,” Gay added.

Assistant coach Anton Corneal has been impressed by the work rate of Gay and some of his other teammates.

“It shows that they are hungry to play and that’s a plus for us as coaches because you have players who will give it the extra bit out there and you need that as much as it comes. We have stuck with these players some of them who have only three or four matches under their belt but they have shown a lot of promise and that’s to their credit,” Corneal said.

Gay knows that the remainder of the year is filled with matches including the 2010 World Cup qualifiers which begin for T&T against Bermuda on June 15 in Port of Spain.

“I think every player wants the chance to play. It will be a dream come true to be in the squad and to even play against England. These are players we see on the television playing at the highest level and some of us want to reach that level some day so it will be a great feeling to actually play against them,” Gay said.

Meantime, once T&T progresses past Bermuda, it could end up alongside the USA in the semi-final stage which begins in August. And the US Soccer Federation has carded the match against T&T at Toyota Park, Chicago on September 10, should both teams advance to the semi-final round. The US Soccer Federation confirmed the match Monday and said an official announcement will be made as early as this week. The match will mark the United States' first visit to Toyota Park and its first World Cup qualifier in the Chicago-area.

And while the big names such as Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard and David Beckham among others have been named in Fabio Capello’s squad for the friendlies against USA and T&T, new call up Blackburn defender Stephen Warnock has admitted he was shocked on hearing the news.

The left-back has been called up by Capello for the first time.

“I'm more shocked than anything," Warnock told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph. "It's a bit of a surprise because I wasn't expecting it. I'd booked holidays fully expecting to have a bit of a break. I actually got a phone call from Bents [David Bentley] on the way home from Birmingham saying cancel your holidays you're going away with the England squad'. So that was the first I heard of it.

"I knew that if I came to Blackburn and played week-in, week-out, I'd give myself a chance. That's turned out to be the right decision. I must be doing something right, but I just hope it's enough to earn a start and try to show him (Capello) what I can do."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:17:58 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamal Gay Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
Jamal Gay was just interviewed on World Soccer Daily by Steven Cohen who is the host of Fox Football Fone-in....he spoke on his game winning goal against New England.....Check out the podcast on itunes....the interview took place in the second hour of the show

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Gay interviewed on World Soccer Daily
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
Jamal Gay was just interviewed on World Soccer Daily by Steven Cohen who is the host of Fox Football Fone-in....he spoke on his game winning goal against New England.....Check out the podcast on itunes....the interview took place in the second hour of the show

u have the address for the pod cast?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »

u have the address for the pod cast?
TRY www.worldsoccerdaily.com

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »
Jamal Gay's goal vs New England Revs.

Note: Check the size of Derek King. They will show him jumping up after Gay scores you will see him celebrating from the bench. FYI - He's the assistant coach for JP.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »

Note: Check the size of Derek King. They will show him jumping up after Gay scores you will see him celebrating from the bench. FYI - He's the assistant coach for JP.

too much coconut water and doubles  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »

wha de arse going on with derek??

This man is my age and he done let heself go arready.... wha trouble is this
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 07:38:03 PM »
i dont mind if he get so to mls on ussl.  he's only 19

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 01:43:23 AM »
Here's the link to the Podcast with Jamal Gay, there's a brief mention at the start but the actual piece begins 1:24' into the podcast with Fuentes interviewing Gay (a previous recording)...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?i=35793896&id=81502146

You need to have iTunes installed on your PC (of course), and then subscribe to the podcast.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:47:31 AM »
That was a best ball by Baptiste on the run ...... hope he do that for the national team .....JP will be hard pressed to win the return leg tho....New England will be coming back for them

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:15:33 AM »

wha de arse going on with derek??

This man is my age and he done let heself go arready.... wha trouble is this

I remember watching this man play for Arima Compre and for W connection. Wasn't he supposed to be a revalation in defence for the senior team right now? Was there an injury or something?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
I don't think anybody will doubt that Gay is definitely the one who will lead the strike force in the future, but why we does always wait so long to hand the youths the mantle? I think uncovering this dude is one of the best things maturana do in his tenure.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 11:51:31 AM »
I don't think anybody will doubt that Gay is definitely the one who will lead the strike force in the future, but why we does always wait so long to hand the youths the mantle? I think uncovering this dude is one of the best things maturana do in his tenure.

I not so sure about THE one. He sandwhiched between Jones and Britto....As long as all three good and healthy and willing to play any one of them can probably anchor the forward line in the next foreseeable future. Either way between them 3 T&T will be in good hands
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

I not so sure about THE one. He sandwhiched between Jones and Britto....As long as all three good and healthy and willing to play any one of them can probably anchor the forward line in the next foreseeable future. Either way between them 3 T&T will be in good hands

These guys need agents to get them a good "look at" by european professional clubs so they can develop.

We also desperately need to develop some defensive players.

We also need to groom some good "captains" to provide leadership on the field.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jamal Gay on trial at 2nd div. Rot-Weiss Oberhausen
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 02:40:27 PM »
Jamal Gay is currently on trial in German 2nd Bundesliga team Rot-Weiss Oberhausen (currently 13th in the table) during their winter training camp in Albufeira, Portugal. He joined the camp on Saturday, Jan 10, following the rest of the team which started camp last Wednesday, due to medical concerns.

A news item in Reviersport on Jan 2 said:

"... One other new face is in the mix, striker Jamal Gay. The 19-year-old from Trinidad & Tobago was with San Juan Jabloteh until the end of November and was available for a free transfer. He has had three caps for his national team, and he managed one goal. And that considering stiff competition in the front line which included Stern John from Bristol City and Kenwyne Jones from Sunderland FC.

And by the type of player he is at 1.9 meters his stature fits right into the forward line of the Clover-leafs."

Another press release on Jan 9 said:

"SC Rot-Weiß Oberhausen expected Gay to join camp in Albufeira, Portugal on Saturday. T&T's national striker didn't accompany the team on Wednesday after a medical exam turned up changed values in heart and blood measurements. A further exam on Friday at the Wuppertaler Helios-Kliniken cleared him of any heart problems."

He played a full 90 in a friendly against Eintracht Frankfurt on Jan. 11. He was said to have caused dangerous moments in Frankfurt's penalty area in the first half when they held on to a 0-1 deficit before losing 1-4.

He played the starting 70 minutes on Jan 13 against Stuttgart where he was up against Jens Lehmann. He provided a perfect setup in the 2nd minute for Mike Terranova who just missed scoring the opening goal. They did go up 2-0 at the half but ultimately lost 2-3.

More on Jamal.

Plans were quickly arranged to get the player a VISA for Europe. He arrived in Oberhausen (Germany) on January 03rd in the coldest winter Germany has seen is 10-years. He trained in almost a foot of snow and impressed the coaching staff enough to earn an invite to their preseason camp in Albufeira, Portugal.

Heather MacKenzie, Gay's agent, accompanied him to Germany to meet with Rot-Weiß Oberhausen and observe the training sessions. MacKenzie said "the club would be an ideal starting point for a player like Jamal for two reason: the coaching staff is world class and the club needs a striker which means if he gets a contract he will have the opporunity to play. To often, players get contracts but sit on the bench and dont develop. Jamal is a young, promising player and will benefit from the professionalism required in the Bundesliga".

Gay is connected to MLF Sports (mlfsports.com). An international sports agency with soccer players located around the world. Contact Anjani Salonen 1-336-722-9944 for more information.

Camp day 4:

Camp day 5:

Camp day 6:

Camp day 7:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:55:57 PM by E-man »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Gay on trial at 2nd div. Rot-Weiss Oberhausen
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
Hope he make it he’s one for the future he plays for Joe public
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »
Good luck Jamal... BUt ah find de man looking like Curtley Ambrose little brother.. :)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »
Eman that is some terrific reporting and stats boy much thanks
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:56:00 PM by Tallman »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »

Camp day 6:

"eh, Wolfgang... Look how man calling meh shitong on SW.net"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »
I wonder how he did against Stuttgart and Lehmann

Good stuff..do yuh thing youthman

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
Glad to hear....he have raw talents..he go develop some grit. Hope it work out for him.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
Good news. I hope he does well!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

Camp day 6:

"eh, Wolfgang... Look how man calling meh shitong on SW.net"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 05:01:06 PM »
Thais Sami Khedira he jumping against in the Stuttgart game and ah seeing Boka in de back... dat looking like a strong stuttgart team he run against... Eintract Frankfurt eh no shithounds either..

good luck youth
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

truetrini

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 05:30:19 PM »
Thanks for the News E-Man yuh make meh day with that report.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »
All d best Jamal
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
Good Luck, yute!!!!

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 05:55:55 PM »
Jamal Gay always look dangerous in front of goal to me. I'm convinced he'll do well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:06:13 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 08:38:06 PM »
good luck kid...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 09:24:07 PM »
Good yute, Eldo product again. Just like Stern and Ince. Best of luck yute, I know that you are still learning your trade, but there is something about your style on de pitch dat I do admire. Supa is one of your biggest fan, all de best yute. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>