April 29, 2024, 10:31:40 AM

Author Topic: Jamal Gay Thread  (Read 40679 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T trialist, Jamal Gay, turns heads
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
Excellent news. Is like since the Socawarrior judgement in favour of the players, iz like a breath of fresh air just ripping through the forum like a tsunami dread.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:34 AM »
Good luck to him he is a hard worker and these days a big man with a decent foot skills is a commodity you can't afford to turn down.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
Flex, like your piece, nice one bro.

Hope Gay Jamal get sign, he is a decent player.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
Some action between Toronto fc and Huston

Game in six minutes
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »

Samuel, what is wrong in being called Gay?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2011, 12:51:12 PM »

Samuel, what is wrong in being called Gay?

Ask Buju  ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
Gay is in the starting 11 for Toronto FC against Orlando City tonight. The score is currently 0-0 after 30 minutes.

LIVE STREAM: http://www.torontofc.ca/node/5998
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2011, 05:38:22 PM »
Gay is in the starting 11 for Toronto FC against Orlando City tonight. The score is currently 0-0 after 30 minutes.

LIVE STREAM: http://www.torontofc.ca/node/5998

Justin Fojo is also in the starting lineup for Orlando City

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2011, 09:42:04 AM »
Scoring Summary:
Toronto FC - None
Orlando City - Ian Fuller 76’

Toronto FC (4-3-3)
Milos Kocic, Dan Gargan, Chris Hunter, Adrian Cann (Nick La Brocca 46’), Mikael Yourassowsky (Ashtone Morgan 46’), Matt Stinson (Gianluca Zavarise 46’), Ivo de Heus, Dwayne De Rosario (Maicon Santos 67’), Nick Soolsma (Demitrius Omphroy 46’), Jamal Gay (Jacob Peterson 46’), Javier Martina (Keith Makubuya 67’)

Orlando City (4-4-2)
Miguel Gallardo (Sean Kelley 46’), Mechak Jerome, Jack Stewart, Demar Stewart, Jack Traynor, Jamie Watson (Jose Burciaga 40’), Luke Boden (Wes Allen 85’), Justin Fojo (Ian Fuller 72’), Lewis Neal, Yordanny Alvarez, Maxwell Griffin (Dennis Chin 81’)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #159 on: March 04, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »
Jamal Gay was unsuccessful with Toronto FC...  they have decided not to sign him..
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 04, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
Jamal Gay was unsuccessful with Toronto FC...  they have decided not to sign him..

jamal needs to join a pro league club and start playing on the regular
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2011, 10:17:41 PM »

Where have I heard dat b4?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamal Gay set to join Caledonia
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
Jamal Gay set to join Caledonia
ttproleague.com

Unattached striker Jamal Gay and Caledonia AIA will possibly form a relationship in the next week ahead of the 2011-2012 TT Pro League season which has a new start date of Friday 19 August.

Caledonia head coach Jamaal Shabazz expressed a genuine interest in the 22 year former old Rot-Weiss Oberhausen (Bundesliga 2nd Division) and Joe Public player who is currently training with the Morvant/Laventille club.

“We have Jamal Gay training with us,” said Shabazz who guided the club to a second position finish in the Digicel Pro League Championship and a place in the concluded Caribbean Football Union Club Championship.

“We have not agreed on anything yet with him but by the next week or so we would be able to say if he would be part of our squad.”

Shabazz also confirmed that his club is also seeking to renew the services of 30 year old former San Jose Earthquakes and San Juan Jabloteh forward Cornell Glen for the new season.

“We have not entered into a new contract with Cornell Glen but he is training with us in good faith, so in a week or so we would have a final decision regarding players like Cornell Glen and Jamal Gay. We certainly have an interest in having them but we have to wait and see how it goes.”

Glen recently ended a short-term contract with the club after singing a three month deal earlier this year.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamal Gay ready to bag the goals for Caledonia
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2011, 11:10:13 AM »
Jamal Gay ready to bag the goals for Caledonia
ttproleague.com

Striker Jamal Gay is ready to compensate Caledonia AIA with goals after having the confidence in signing him this season.

“Last season no player scored more than ten goals for Caledonia and I’m realistically looking at ten(10) to fifteen(15) goals for the club this season,” said the 22 yearold former German based player.

The former Joe Public player joined Rot-Weiss Oberhausen in the 2nd Bundesliga in 2009 but was released from contract in January 2010 and hasn’t played professionally since then.

“Basically joining Caledonia was a good choice for me,” he said. “They are a good organization for me after coming back from Germany and not playing professionally for just over a year.

“Caledonia has already helped me in returning to full fitness and giving me that drive to work hard.”

Gay who represented Trinidad and Tobago at Youth and Senior levels wants to help Caledonia go the extra mile this season while building his status as a potent goalscorer.

“I hope that I can help Caledonia go the extra mile this season. They have never won the League. Last season they came really close, but were just short by finishing second.

“Also I want to build my stats as a top goalscorer and the only way to do that is by scoring a lot of goals.”

The La Horquetta resident has been training with Caledonia for the past couple months and says he is enjoying every bit of it.

“It’s a great team with wonderful players and staff. The playing style of Caledonia is one that possesses the football, which creates opportunities for goals. I’m already one of top pre-season scorers for the club and just like me, the other players are anxious for the start of the League,” he said.

Caledonia kicks off their 2011-2012 Digicel Pro League Championship season on Friday afternoon from 7pm against defending champions Defence Force at the Marvin Lee Stadium—a venue very familiar to Gay.

The former El Dorado Secondary Comprehensive student also has bigger aspirations this season.

“I would like to return to the national team so I’m very aware that my performances must be good this season. And once I show that I can score goals, opportunities will come for me to obtain another foreign contract, maybe back in Germany or somewhere in Europe,” ended Gay.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jamal Gay on verge of MLS deal.
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:23 AM »
Jamal Gay on verge of MLS deal.
By Walter Alibey (Newsday).

CALEDONIA striker Jamal Gay could be on his way to Major League Soccer club New England Revolution by the end of the month.

Gay’s agent Dion Sosa said the deal is expected to be for a year with the option of an extension.

According to Sosa the US club is eager to have the former El Dorado Secondary and National Under-23 forward under their fold as soon as next week when pre-season preparation kicks off.

Negotiations have been ongoing between the clubs and the MLS. Sosa explained that players signing contracts to play in the MLS are required to negotiate deals with the parent MLS which also dictates the salary cap the player will fit under. It is understood the deal could earn Gay approximately US$60, 000 a year.

Gay who returned last year from a one-year stint with German Second Division team Oberhousen FC was first spotted during the first round of the Olympic Qualifiers in St Lucia where he scored three goals to help the “Young Warriors” to advance to the final round of the qualifiers in March.

Gay said the final round of the qualifiers will comprise teams such as CONCACAF giants Mexico and Honduras but he was confident that TT will progress.

“It will no doubt be a difficult group but I think we can qualify for the Olympics because we have played against the Mexican team before at the Pan American Games and we drew with them, so we should be able to beat them this time around” Gay said.

Gay’s impressive goal-scoring formed continued at Caledonia AIA, the club he signed with on his return from Germany. He currently leads the scoring for AIA with 14 goals from 17 matches.

Gay said while he prefers to play in Europe, he is hoping a deal can be reached so that he can play his football overseas.

“The MLS is a good league and we are seeing more and more international players going to play there. I think I will do well there but my interest is to use the experience as a stepping stone to play in Europe. My agent has been on the look-out for clubs for me and I think it seems to be looking positive” Gay added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Gay on verge of MLS deal.
« Reply #165 on: January 21, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »
remember when bleeder talk that stepping stone crap :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
I thought he played for Arima :-\

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »

I thought it was the avocat league or something like that  ??? ???
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
remember when bleeder talk that stepping stone crap :rotfl:

Right  ;D

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 21, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
“The MLS is a good league and we are seeing more and more international players going to play there. I think I will do well there but my interest is to use the experience as a stepping stone to play in Europe.   WOW ! really, is this how a person expects a Human Resource Manager to view their interest in working for their company. Some of these guys just don't get it. The club wants to offer a 1 yr. deal with possibility of an extention-(obviously they want to see if you can cut it), and you setting yourself up by making this statement public. :banginghead:
Someone  please help the players understand proper business and professional acumen...PLEASE!!!!!
The MLS is a good league and we are seeing more and more international players going to play there, and although they are initially offering me a 1 yr deal, I look forward to proving that I can be a major part of their long term plans" -:now that's how you let them rethink the 1 yr offer, because you are saying you want to be a part of their organization's future...not you planning to use them as a stepping stone.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 21, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »
CK1 the man aint say nothing wrong.  That league have thousands of players in it, trying to get in it, being scouted, coming and going etc.  Trust me that team ain't sweating those comments.  Football is a business, everyone uses everyone.  That why u have contracts. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 21, 2012, 02:31:57 PM »

I thought it was the avocat league or something like that  ??? ???

You thinking about Jamal Clarence.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
CK1 the man aint say nothing wrong.  That league have thousands of players in it, trying to get in it, being scouted, coming and going etc.  Trust me that team ain't sweating those comments.  Football is a business, everyone uses everyone.  That why u have contracts. 

CK1 not talking by guess Preacher, he know exactly what he talking about. Trust his words.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »
And he does not have one signed yet. The business is serious and what makes him so special that he could openly say that he wants to use them as a stepping stone?  Anyone looking to work in my business can't say that to me and expect me to be serious about them...I'm looking for employees who could possibly do the job and want to be commotted and loyal to my business. In this business that statement alone could cost him an opportunity because there are many players from around the world they can choose from...not just our little island-ask Brent Sancho!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2012, 05:41:14 AM »
Jamal Gay needs to shut the hell up and just let the ball to the talking and success will come.

He failed at the under 20 WC in Egypt, he failed in a second division in Germany and he fail to make Toronto FC team last year.

The MLS is improving and I consider it a very good league.

All these players in Trinidad does really get fooled and they all feel they are the next Yorke, but they are not half the player Yorke was on and off the field. Yorke use to workout for 2 hours after training on his own free will.

Jamal is improving as a striker and he is currently inform, I wish him well, but he must show improvement in his attitude and discipline.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:43:16 AM by Sam »

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2012, 10:25:36 AM »
Jamal Gay needs to shut the hell up and just let the ball to the talking and success will come.

He failed at the under 20 WC in Egypt, he failed in a second division in Germany and he fail to make Toronto FC team last year.

The MLS is improving and I consider it a very good league.

All these players in Trinidad does really get fooled and they all feel they are the next Yorke, but they are not half the player Yorke was on and off the field. Yorke use to workout for 2 hours after training on his own free will.

Jamal is improving as a striker and he is currently inform, I wish him well, but he must show improvement in his attitude and discipline.

I don't get y Jamal Gay must shut up he has 18 goals in 23 matches, he help Cali win First Citizen Cup, he score in the Pan Am games, he score in the CFU qualifiers, he score with Cali in Guyana and he crucial to Cali revival in the league.

He was limping off the field in Egypt during the world Cup and how was he suppose to start in the German league being injured if i not mistaken it had pictures of him in crutches online.

The man never had no discipline problem unlike some other of them youth men and them. Leave the man to say stepping stone if he want he entitled to it, he in form and he have the second most goals in the league and that is only because he miss plenty matches playing with the Under 23.

Like all cah see somebody try and progress.

Offline Jadel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2012, 03:23:30 PM »
he has always been an impressive player, he had some rough patches but lately he coming into form, I wish him well

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
Leave the man to say stepping stone if he want he entitled to it, Like all cah see somebody try and progress.> That's an area where progress is needed. Let me have a talk with the Revs coach and see how he feels about this statement...maybe I'm wrong ???

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
Entitlement is a real good reason to risk losing a contract.  :rotfl:

Offline Jadel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 22, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
Leave the man to say stepping stone if he want he entitled to it, Like all cah see somebody try and progress.> That's an area where progress is needed. Let me have a talk with the Revs coach and see how he feels about this statement...maybe I'm wrong ???
[/quote

Sources in the Cali camp told me the deal was initially 3 years and the agent ask for a 1 yr an a next optional so that the MLS don't own his rights for long , however Shabbaz would rather him go Vietnam. Football is a business at the end of the day, Entitled is too strong a word, and many of our players like this stepping stone nonsense maybe the TTFF can give them courses or something.   

1]; } ?>