April 29, 2024, 08:20:36 AM

Author Topic: Jamal Gay Thread  (Read 40676 times)

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal Gay on verge of MLS deal.
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Entitlement is a real good reason to risk losing a contract.  :rotfl:
Yes entitlement is a reason one can to lose a contract but lucky for Gay he ain't say it, a lil etiquette and public speaking would not harm these players. In Gay case and a few others is not that they can't speak they just speak a lil too much

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Jamal Gay In Talks, But Pump The Brakes

The other day, Corey alerted everyone to a claim over at socawarriors.net stating that former Trinidad and Tobago youth international Jamal Gay would be a New England Revolution player by the end of the month. At the time of posting, no Revolution officials were available for comment. Sources from inside the organization have since made contact with TBM.

It would appear that Jamal's people and the Revs' people have been in contact, and discussions have occurred. However, they are apparently not far advanced and to say that Gay will be in a Revolution uniform by month's end is certainly inaccurate at this point.

As you may expect, no comment was made concerning the numbers in play, which are rumored to be a 2-year contract (second year option) worth about $60,000 per year.

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2012/1/23/2728773/revolution-mls-transfer-rumor-jamal-gay-striker

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
Jamal Gay In Talks, But Pump The Brakes

The other day, Corey alerted everyone to a claim over at socawarriors.net stating that former Trinidad and Tobago youth international Jamal Gay would be a New England Revolution player by the end of the month. At the time of posting, no Revolution officials were available for comment. Sources from inside the organization have since made contact with TBM.

It would appear that Jamal's people and the Revs' people have been in contact, and discussions have occurred. However, they are apparently not far advanced and to say that Gay will be in a Revolution uniform by month's end is certainly inaccurate at this point.

As you may expect, no comment was made concerning the numbers in play, which are rumored to be a 2-year contract (second year option) worth about $60,000 per year.

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2012/1/23/2728773/revolution-mls-transfer-rumor-jamal-gay-striker

Unless this person has inside information on the negotiations... I'm not sure how they can say what's accurate from what's inaccurate.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »
CK1  you cause dat.   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »
Ent!!! ;D well pray for me and charge it to my head and not my heart. You of all people would know the word says that " the people perish due to lack of knowledge"
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2012, 01:58:42 AM »
Ent!!! ;D well pray for me and charge it to my head and not my heart. You of all people would know the word says that " the people perish due to lack of knowledge"

aight padner aight  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2012, 10:05:22 AM »
There’s a rumor that a player from Jack Warner’s Joe Public FC of Trinidad and Tobago is coming to the New England Revolution. What’s that market like?

Wheeler: With that Trinidadian player, that’s a player they’ve played against before in the CONCACAF Champions League. Trinidad is a great market and the Jamaican market is a good market just to find young, raw talent. The problem though, the quality of the Trinidadian league is poor. So it’s tough to really find a player that’s been playing three, four, five years in those leagues being able to make the jump into the MLS and be a contributor, it's tough.

I know the league well, I’ve been down there, I know the owners of the teams. They’ve got young bright talents, but you’ve got to get them out of that. I gave a presentation to the Jamaican teams a couple months ago and it’s the same problem always. They don’t want to lose their talent to universities, they want to be paid. They’ve been training their players from a young age, but the MLS doesn’t always pay outright for a transfer and will force these Trinidadians, Jamaica clubs, and take the players on loan with option to buy.

http://www.examiner.com/soccer-in-national/international-players-deals-and-mls-interview-with-agent-mike-wheeler
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2012, 11:30:44 AM »
He never really said anything directly about Jamal. Should I read between the lines here and say that its not gonna happen?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gay focussed on Olympic qualifiers
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
Gay focussed on Olympic qualifiers
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

National Under 23 striker Jamal Gay is focusing on having an impressive spell in the upcoming Olympic final qualifying round and taking this country to the London Olympics.

There have been reports of a possible move to the American MLS but Gay is aware that if that does come through it could affect his preparation time with the T&T team in the next few weeks as they prepare for the tournament which kicks off on March 22.

“At the end of the day, qualifying for the Olympics is the main focus for me and my teammates,” said Gay who has been in good form for Caledonia AIA.

“I know there are a couple options to move abroad but hopefully it will work out well in good time."

Reflecting on his goalscoring performance in T&T Under 23s 1-0 win over Finland last Wednesday, Gay added: “It’s always good to score because I’m playing striker at the end of the day so scoring goals is my role.  If I don’t score, then it’s not that big of a deal being out there.

“Coach Angus pushes me a lot. Even when I’m not having my best day, he still makes me believe I can do something. The first half was a lot difficult because I was alone up there but our psychologist Mr Trevor James works with us and he helps me to be tough and keep on working until something happens. We believe in our ability and we believe that we can go ahead and qualify for the Olympics. We are working very hard on and off the pitch to try and make this happen,” Gay ended.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2012, 06:17:23 AM »
Somebody sell Newsday report Walter Alibey ah f00cking bobol story....

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

truetrini

« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
I for one rather look at Jamal Gay play than Ken Jones!

I am making a bold prediction!
After this U-23 tourney in California, Jamal Gay is signing with some team in the USA  or elsewhere (outside of T&T) for sure!

That man can be a real handful running at defenders.  He appears to be very respectful and decent and in the right environment he will succeed.

Believe that!

I feel he better than Kenwyne Jones.   steups.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:55:37 AM by truetrini SC »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »
Agreed Truetrini....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
eh-eh. ah mean TT, yuh see the youth play against who, Ft. L Kickers....dang, not knocking the kickers, buh I could be ah handful against them ....on ah good day...with a pair a crutches...a ah borrowed knee...if yuh bring the ball just right, ah might just score a few with my head
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:04:30 PM by maxg »

truetrini

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
eh-eh

I would expect some disagreement, but History will be the best judge, wait and see.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
eh-eh. ah mean TT, yuh see the youth play against who, Ft. L Kickers....dang, not knocking the kickers, buh I could be ah handful against them ....on ah good day...with a pair a crutches...a ah borrowed knee...if yuh bring the ball just right, ah might just score a few with my head

It eh Waterpolo :)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
Thanks TT for the reports. I kinda expected (maybe hoped) that Molino and Gay would go far. . . 
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2012, 05:59:28 PM »
eh-eh

I would expect some disagreement, but History will be the best judge, wait and see.
I would have to totally and respectfully disagree with you on that comparison, he's definitely not in jones league. just remember KJ did not play with any kind of quality players or studied under any quality manager since he joined the EPL, but still managed to score on all the top teams and keepers in the prem, and not no one goal, but he was in double digit every season since he joined.

not saying that gay ain't as good as you said, but when he starts scoring goals on teams like cuba, martinique and grenada, then come back and make those bold statements.

kenwyne jones would never be ah dwight york, wayne rooney or even a darren bent, but if he's used right under the right circumstances, he could be one of the best target men in europe.

on another note, after thinking it over, that coach Pfister was ah dud!

when trinidad and tobago really decide to get serious and want tuh go places, instead of embezzling it, they would have to start spending their gas money on ah solid football program and on great senior team coaches, then we would see the kind of talent we have, and how to utilize it.

kenwyne jones proved himself on all levels, and when dat boy decide to actually run and play football, then he could be ah joy to watch, but it seemed that he lost his pre world cup hunger, go figure.   $$$$$

when gay start scoring on league one and championship opponents then come back and see me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:07:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »
There’s a rumor that a player from Jack Warner’s Joe Public FC of Trinidad and Tobago is coming to the New England Revolution. What’s that market like?

Wheeler: With that Trinidadian player, that’s a player they’ve played against before in the CONCACAF Champions League. Trinidad is a great market and the Jamaican market is a good market just to find young, raw talent. The problem though, the quality of the Trinidadian league is poor. So it’s tough to really find a player that’s been playing three, four, five years in those leagues being able to make the jump into the MLS and be a contributor, it's tough.

I know the league well, I’ve been down there, I know the owners of the teams. They’ve got young bright talents, but you’ve got to get them out of that. I gave a presentation to the Jamaican teams a couple months ago and it’s the same problem always. They don’t want to lose their talent to universities, they want to be paid. They’ve been training their players from a young age, but the MLS doesn’t always pay outright for a transfer and will force these Trinidadians, Jamaica clubs, and take the players on loan with option to buy.

http://www.examiner.com/soccer-in-national/international-players-deals-and-mls-interview-with-agent-mike-wheeler
It's funny that no one responded to this post! i find it amazing that ppl could side step this like it was never posted, when every thing that was mentioned therein was spot on.

i'm particularly disappointed with dexter skeene and mr big shot romany that they couldn't come up with a solution to make our league more competitive and appealing to the public, even while raising the level.  ::)

these clown need to know that the first step in the right direction of making the league better, is that they need community mini stadiums like what they have in england conference league, or in JA, just not as shabby, but clean up to date five thousand seater grounds with all the amenities.

this the ministry of sports could help implement, and of course cooperate sponsors could help maintain, but who am i kidding, these ppl are so full of ego and false pride that they make wild animals look civilized, ijn pother words, they would never go that route! unless there was money to steal or embezzle, then they would totally be on board.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:33:43 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jamal joins RoPS on one year deal.
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Jamal joins RoPS on one year deal.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Former Caledonia AIA and T&T youth striker Jamal Gay has put pen to paper yesterday when he signed a one year loan deal with RoPS- the former club of T&T and current Central FC midfielder Ataullah Guerra.

Rovaniemen Palloseura (RoPS), also known as Rovaniemi, is a football club, founded in 1950 and based in Rovaniemi, Finland. RoPS competes in the Finnish Premier Division (Veikkausliiga).

Jamal, capped 21 times by his country national senior team and has scored 7-goals in the process. At the Pro League level, he has scored 33 goals since joining Caledonia AIA in 2011 and have won many titles including the; CFU (2012), FA Cup (2012, 2013), Lucazade Goal Shield (2012) and the FCB Cup twice in 2011 and 2012. Jamal also competed in the 2012 and 2013 CONCACAF Champion League respectively.

He currently has 4 goals to his name this season for Caledonia despite being set-back by a broke-nose injury that kept him out of the game for approximately 2-months.

The former Rot-Weiss Oberhausen and Joe Public marksman told the Soca Warriors Online (SWO) that: "I worked really hard to earn this contract. I had to compete with many top players and was glad I got picked. The competition here is really hard to get on teams because you have trialist from all over the world competing"

"I've scored in one practice match and played really well in other, enough to earn myself a contract and impress the coaching staff and my teammates, who welcomed me with open arms."

"I've played in Europe before and I am very happy to be back in Europe and is looking forward in helping my new team compete for the domestic title and also do well in the Europa League."

"I have been working really hard on mastering my game as a center forward and now I will be looking to earn some playing time to get back match fit and score some goals in process. I always try to better my game and be more clinical in-front of goal."

"Would also love to get back into the national set-up and I am willing to work hard to accomplish this, I love my country and people."

"Finally, I would like to thank my family, my close friends and the well wishers for there support and off course the Soca Warriors Online supporters who supported me."

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:36:40 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamal joins RoPS on one year deal.
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
Good luck to Jamal, he has always had the right attitude.

I wish him all the best.

He will do ver well in Finland.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
Real happy for de yout'
Worked hard like a starvin' man in a desert.
Truly deserves it. Excellent attitude. Congrats Jamal !!!!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2014, 06:50:23 PM »
 :beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2014, 03:58:37 AM »
Glad to hear it! At this rate we'll have to annex Finland to protect the rights of ethnic Trinidadians :p

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2014, 04:54:52 AM »
Isn't Finland part of Caricom?  :devil:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2014, 10:27:35 AM »
Good luck youth.

Just buss net, de smallest pin hole you see, just hit it.

Sometimes as a striker you need to be selfish.

Jamal Gay have good attributes to be a real good striker and will develop in Europe.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2014, 11:24:39 AM »
So where's teh link at RoPS? Do we have an agent out there? Or is it off the back of the player(s)? Also notice that it's usually a year loan - is there a reason they're not buying them outright?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2014, 11:48:26 AM »
That's a shame, 3rd level of Finnish football probably isn't good for his career. Hopefully he is enjoying his experience though

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
Sam...Gay came on today for RoPS in the 64th.....Winchester and David played 90 minutes for their club too

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:57:45 AM by Sam »

1]; } ?>