March 28, 2024, 08:30:04 AM

Author Topic: Who allyuh say was de man ah de match  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Who allyuh say was de man ah de match
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
Well for me i say is ah toss up between Yorke ,Spann and Sancho.Boy dem three play real good and was in de pick of the game all de time but I would say Yorke cause of his astute leadership in face of adversity,his general control of the game and his awarenes.He was excellent in all departments defense and attack.He was in all parts of the ground.Totally involved positively in the game..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 06:19:52 PM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Who allyuh say was de man ah de match
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 01:49:42 PM »
Yorke fuh me
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:02:22 PM »
Speaking of man of the match; Like Birchall 'cool down?" what is the scoop on his play  to date?

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:05:38 PM »
Stern John

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:07:37 PM »
It had to be Stern!

Then the rest of the TT team..........Everybody play good.

Everybody did what was asked of them and everyone had a good game.

Stern for the match winner.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 02:09:54 PM »
STERN JOHN  fuh DELIVERING when we needed it most from the depths of despair to the heights of elation!!!!!!!!!!

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 02:10:46 PM »
beenhakker

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 02:21:42 PM »
Speaking of man of the match; Like Birchall 'cool down?" what is the scoop on his play  to date?

birchall had a good game - he work real hard in the middle. He make one or two bad pass probably b/c he was tired but he real run. He is the man we need in the middle hustling and making the short passes. He also leggo ah beamers from about 25 yards that I still doh know how that shit keeper save.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
Ah giving Sancho that man of the man award. He manners them Guats in the back. He show them fellas how to give hard 'professional" fouls without picking up cards.

Stern score the winner ...but still he have to prove himeself.

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005, 02:42:15 PM »
Doh forget Sancho cause one of de goals too otherwise he played boss. My MOM is Latas. He gave us hope and lifted us with the goal.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:59:52 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »
for me is a big tie between Latas, Yorkie and Spann. Spann and Edwards had that ride side lock. Guatee did nothing coming down that side. Not a note. Sancho, Carlos and Stern deserve honorable mention

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 04:54:21 PM »
MVP's in order of merit (my opinion)

1. Stern (goals win games)

2. Latapy (need I say more ?)

3. Yorke (close third.....played his a$$ off all over the field)

4.  Edwards & Spann (as a combination on the right side)

5. Sancho (pelted some saving blade)
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 04:59:29 PM »
LATAS

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005, 06:00:59 PM »
Is only Latapy...de man was giving directions like a traffic cop whole match, plus after four years score de first goal and most of all played de whole 90 mins at age 37 in a match where if he de look bad and play bad de whole country woulda be crying right now,....de man play he heart out and virtually led de attack in de second half, they were always looking for every play to go through Latapy and dat was de right ting to do,...Yorkie played his heart out but yesterday was all about de Magician boy.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005, 06:14:17 PM »
Goals win matches --- true, but as we all know,  the man-of-the-match cannot be based on who last touched the ball before it goes into the net.  It is too bad the defenders are rarely given the MVP award.  When I first started looking at American-football, I couldn't understand why some players got the MVP award.  But as you follow how the announcers  analysis of  the game, one can understand that sometimes it is the quarterback, sometimes the wide receiver, defender etc.  As I started to write a reply for some reason Ray Lewis (defender) of the Baltimore ravens who was a super bowl MVP came to mind.

Anyway, Man-of-the-Match in order of merit:

1.   Dwight Yorke
        What a performance …  ! Yorke left nothing on the field.  From the first acrobatic high jump of  a flying header till the so-called offside goal towards the end.  One time the guy is playing a solid defensive midfield and in the next instance he is retrieving the blocked shot off the opponents goalkeeper.  If someone else could play midfield, then Yorke is better upfront, but for now it appears that his place is in the midfield.  I like the way beenie switched Latapy and Yorke.  Hardest working man on the pitch

2.  Latapy
       A fantastic (expect miracles)  return….      The man is still good on the ball, skifull play at the right time.  There were times when he dropped out of the match, but maybe that is his way of pacing himself.

3.    Stern John

4.   Sancho
         Eventhough he bears some of the blame for a goal, he controlled the GUA attackers and did not pick up a card in the process.

5. Birchall
         A few lose passes, one of them  to all the way across the field looked bad.  But he made up for it by being completely involved at all times.  The man can kick the ball. In the upcoming matches one of his bullets will bring victory.  Second hardest working man on the field.

6.   Edwards and Spann

Spann runs nicely with the ball, but his skill level is not yet up to that of Latas's for example

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005, 07:38:21 PM »
In my opinion

1) Latas - For providing the team with the inspiration and confidence we needed, not to mention the fancy footwork.  ;D

2)Yorke - For being the work horse. I must say Germany or not these qualifiers have brought out the best in Yorke because it is not always about scoring goals.

3) The next 8 players - For working hard and fighting it out to the end. Special mention to Spann, Sancho, and Edwards.

4) Stern - For giving us the 2 goals we needed off of two very nice passes. May have been in the 3rd position with the rest if not for the cussing and blatant disrespect of the fans. And for finally looking like he wants to begin to make an effort. Goals or not he still has work to do to impress me. He has been lapsing for a LONG time and I am not talking about not scoring, I am talking about not TRYING.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 07:43:46 PM »
Anyway, Man-of-the-Match in order of merit:

1.   Dwight Yorke
        What a performance …  ! Yorke left nothing on the field.  From the first acrobatic high jump of  a flying header till the so-called offside goal towards the end.  One time the guy is playing a solid defensive midfield and in the next instance he is retrieving the blocked shot off the opponents goalkeeper.  If someone else could play midfield, then Yorke is better upfront, but for now it appears that his place is in the midfield.  I like the way beenie switched Latapy and Yorke.  Hardest working man on the pitch

What a performance, a true librero in de midfield.  Everbody else worthy of special mention.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2005, 09:01:07 PM »
 you people can't see latas make everybody look good,do you really belive for one minute that if he was'nt there that a divine intervention would ah take place, we all watching the same players for the last four games with mixed feelings,something to note chicago bulls never win a championship without michael jordan,that don't mean the other players ain't talented but until other players step up and carry the team on there shoulders and come out with ah win.

LATAS ALL THE WAY................

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 06:02:09 AM »
Stern was no where near being de man of de match! Two minutes of football can win u a game but not a man of de match handle! 

I think it was very close between Yorke and Sancho but i would give it to Sancho since he real save we with some last gap tackles in that game.  Remember, he was playing with DOG and right now, dog is not in the best of form!!

Edwards and Spann come in real close and "de general" fit in dey too!

I real happy that stern has got some goals and i wish that this gives him the confidence to return to the stern of old!!!!!!!!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 07:10:48 AM »
on the whole the team(TEAM) played well, albeit the mistakes by Dog and Sancho.....but I have to give it to the Boss...he gave us something that was missing for the entire campaign. He scored the fuss goal with some deft footwork...."while running wit the ball Latapy gave the defender a cross over move which the player bit on.....then the defender was also given a slight head fake which he also bit on...den he slap it een with the left foot causing pandemonium in the "Estadio Hasley Crawford", bars, and local watering holes where the game was being shown (after dan defender get dah beat ah get wet, and still wet....the second point for his MOM performance was the assist to den 2 goal scorer Stern John ..."the Boss collected the ball after a nice 1-2...the goalkeeper tinking he was going to shoot...the Boss calmly passed the ball to Stern John who proceeded to put the ball in the back of the net".....more drama in Esatadio Hasley Crawford, bars and local watering holes.....so there! the boss invole in both goals in his return to the national team and my selection for MOM...... :cheers: :wavetowel:.....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 07:11:09 AM »
latas
if he wasn't there the team gets as much chances as the usa game
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 09:05:33 AM »
Undisputed MOM, in my opinion...

Latas coulda run the whole show and set up stern for 10 chances, Yorke coulda play he heart out and fight til the death (like against the US), Sancho could make all the last ditch tackle and Kelvin jack coulda make 20 point blank save...but if Stern didn't actually make all that hard work them do count by turning it into 2 goals, we woulda never have 3 points. The man score a equalizer and a winner, with 5 minutes to go in a must win game,with a whole stadium of his OWN fans calling for him to be benched ! That's a storybook ending from a starboy...you cah take away his moment of glory.

Stern John..MVP.

And he is the MVP of this side too because look at out goalscoring output without him. If Stern doh score..who will? Nobody...tha's why we struggling to qualify while we woulda be crusing if Stern was on form from the start.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 11:37:11 AM »
Latapy...his mere presence lifted the side....in addition to that, TnT looked dangerous anytime he had the ball....we haven't looked dangerous in some years.

Yorke came in a close second....in the second half he dropped way back to start our attacks from deep..the best I have seen Yorke play for TnT in a very long while.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 11:46:19 AM »
STERN JOHN!

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 12:04:29 PM »
From reading here, alot ah people forget dat Yorke only start  to play foward in England, so he eh no stranger to midfield.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 01:12:51 PM »
Jack Warner

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 01:34:09 PM »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

Stern John..MVP.

And he is the MVP of this side too because look at out goalscoring output without him. If Stern doh score..who will? Nobody...tha's why we struggling to qualify while we woulda be crusing if Stern was on form from the start.

If the man is the only striker getting minutes then it is hard for the other guys to score. Yorke and Stern start every game but Yorke is playing deeper and deeper every game. Yuh can't say what the team's output is without Stern because he is always there. Jones and Sealey look better than him against the US and up until the goals Scotland look better against Guatemala.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>