March 28, 2024, 02:49:14 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.  (Read 17581 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jason Scotland gets axe for England.
« on: May 14, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »
Scotland gets axe for England.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express)

The Trinidad and Tobago national football team could well start the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign without another of their stars in Germany 2006, Jason Scotland.

The Express was informed yesterday, 29-year-old Swansea striker Jason Scotland, a squad member at the 2006 World Cup in Germany has failed to make the cut for the June 1 centennial match against England. The squad for that game is expected to be announced today.

Also, it is understood that record goalscorer Stern John was included in the squad partly as a result of the wrist injury to Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

The 31-year-old John has a remarkable strike ratio of 67 goals in 101 appearances and is the eighth most prolific forward in the history of the game.

Scotland, who has five goals from 27 international outings, and John, are coming off their most productive seasons in Britain and were the leading scorers and Most Valuable Players for their respective employers.

Scotland bagged a division-high 29 goals in all competitions to help Swansea gain promotion into the England Championship Division. His tally set a modern day record for the Wales-based club and he was named to the League One All Star Team. The former Malick schoolboy and Defence Force star has also attracted interest from several high profile English teams including Derby and Crystal Palace.

John notched one goal in his sole Premiership appearance for Sunderland in 2007/08 before moving to Championship outfit, Southampton, where he scored a team high 19 goals including a double in the final match of the season as the south club staved off relegation.

Maturana was present at Southampton to see John's heroics in their 3-2 win over Sheffield United.

Scotland and John arrived in Trinidad this week but neither could be reached for comment before press time.

Maturana apparently sees Sunderland striker Jones as the leader of his frontline and does not see Scotland as the ideal partner for the England Premiership star.

The 23-year-old Jones also played in the Germany showcase tournament and is regarded as the country's hottest commodity at present although his strike tally stands at a mediocre three goals from 31 outings. He was used up front in 17 of those appearances while the others came at right back and central midfield.

Maturana is likely to choose three attackers from Sparta Rotterdam's Darryl Roberts, 18-year-old El Dorado Secondary Comprehensive schoolboy Jamal Gay, United Petrotrin's Jerol Forbes and Defence Force's Devon Jorsling to serve as Jones' supporting cast.

The only other World Cup players likely to be included on June 1 are Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards, Swansea defender Dennis Lawrence, Walsall goalkeeper Clayton Ince and Vibe CT 105 W. Connection midfielder and present international captain Aurtis Whitley.

FIFA vice-president and T&TFF special advisor Jack Warner allegedly promised 45 minutes each to retired stars and ex-World Cup players Dwight Yorke (Sunderland) and Russell Latapy (Falkirk) against England but it is uncertain whether Maturana will live up to his end of the bargain, though.

The impending omission of Scotland is par for the course under the respected coach who has ignored a string of World Cup Warriors including Coventry midfielder Chris Birchall (24), Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA playmaker Densill Theobald (25), Ross County defender Brent Sancho (31), ex-New England Revolution defender Avery John (32) and Ma Pau striker Cornell Glen (27).

If Maturana's selection policy raises eyebrows, the two-time Colombia World Cup coach has won only praise for his work on the field so far. He is undefeated in five games against Guadeloupe, El Salvador, Jamaica, Grenada and Barbados. Three of those outings ended with wins for T&T while his squad is yet to concede a goal at home.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:50:51 AM by Flex »

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for england
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »
hmmm

allyuh ah have 2 tickets 2 sell
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
look thing, god help us :(  , Have Faith  :-\  :praying:  :'( , this young team he trying better work out yes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »
So much 4 not suing d TTFF they could a pick him 4 dat alone. Lime wit we in d stand in black
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:33 PM »
Thank you Lasana. Doh let nobody muzzle yuh. Jackula promise 45 mins....  Who de ass he feel he is... Whappum, he is de team selectuh?  So who really wearing de fleckin' drawz here and in charge of de team .....  >:(  Steupppsss..
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
mudda..

if de man say he picking on club form, what did devon jorsling and darryl roberts do to merit a call over jason scotland?

what more must a man do?

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 10:15:16 PM »
ah think we have to say what more must scottie do. like d man cant catch ah break no matter wat he do yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »
nothing makes sense any more. time will tell if Manturana will apologizing after the game.
Youtube Channel

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 10:22:11 PM »
Wasn't looking for Scotty to get de boot but this is only a "glamour friendly", bigger fish to fry down de road.
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:24:43 PM »
Now self Latas and Yorke betta b wit we in d stand
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »
Not understanding this at all...the man is in the prime of his career, and on quite a tear professionally.  I won't criticize the coach though, he knows more than I do, but let's see if this mess continues into qualification...ckhan, we of the same mind on this.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:34:57 PM »
Not understanding this at all...the man is in the prime of his career, and on quite a tear professionally.  I won't criticize the coach though, he knows more than I do, but let's see if this mess continues into qualification...ckhan, we of the same mind on this.

ent they say they picking man on form, so i guess this proves it. so much for logic.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:17 PM »
fellas i have a serious question, what competitive friendlies our national team play to get us prepared for England? because right now i feeling we in for a good rub down when June 1 reach. but i keeping the faith.
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 10:45:26 PM »
...things that make you go......hmmmmm...wtf!!!?

Oh well...jus another reason to wear black(list)

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »
Like part ah d deal 2 play oui was dat dey embarass oui. It eh have no way Scotland not makin dat team. D man eh even gettin call

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 11:51:58 PM »
Put aside the emotion for a moment.

Is there a valid FOOTBALLING reason for Scotty's omission?

Seems as if Maturana sayin Kenwyne leadin de line.  De kind of striking partner he lookin for is one who will complement Jones.

Jones is a mobile type of forward who is a colassic target man.  Which means he needs someone to play off of him as he not exactly the most skillful type of player.

Question is...is Scotty that player?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:04 AM »
Put aside the emotion for a moment.

Is there a valid FOOTBALLING reason for Scotty's omission?

Seems as if Maturana sayin Kenwyne leadin de line.  De kind of striking partner he lookin for is one who will complement Jones.

Jones is a mobile type of forward who is a colassic target man.  Which means he needs someone to play off of him as he not exactly the most skillful type of player.

Question is...is Scotty that player?

Palos boy... ah fraid to answer dis one.  part of me feelin that de coach knows what he doin de next part feel like dis is a continuation of de Roy Keane target man type football and ah scared...  just kick it to Kenwayne let someone run next to him so he could pass it off just before dey kick it back to him again and then hope for de best...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:47 AM »
so let me see
jason Scotland breaks records is scoring for fun cant get pick
Birchall playing every reserve game and scoring cant get pick
John top scorer for his club and might just get in

men who have no club and not even playing every week getting pick

right I understand now ??? ???
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 04:07:51 AM »
1- Let the Coach be the Coach- That is why we have a coach,
2- He saw Scotland / Jones combo against Guadelope.
3- Let us await the official players called before Man blood pressure raise.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 04:11:55 AM »
and let me be an armchair critic  ::)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:42:20 AM »
It is now clear that maturana is a puppet to JW who is now acting with a vendetta against the players who got together to sue the TTFA.
we may say what we like about him he has done a lot for our football and one can understand his present attitude if even we do not condone it.I feel certain that the players who brought this action against the TTFA are the bigger culprits,it would havebeen much better if it had gone to arbitration rather than take legal action,after all JW DID NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT TO GIVE WHAT THE PLAYERS ARE ASKING.My understanding is that he made a verbal statement in the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw.I cannot see the players getting more than a few thousand dollars more.The greed shown by a few players is the cause of our present predicament not
JW.Surely,with a bit more common sense the problem could have been dealt with differently,consider too'that all the players got $1,000,000 from the government.When England put about 6 or 7 pass us we will be certain that we are not going to SA 2010 but instead rebuilding for 2014 wherever it may be.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 04:52:16 AM »
It is now clear that maturana is a puppet to JW who is now acting with a vendetta against the players who got together to sue the TTFA.
we may say what we like about him he has done a lot for our football and one can understand his present attitude if even we do not condone it.I feel certain that the players who brought this action against the TTFA are the bigger culprits,it would havebeen much better if it had gone to arbitration rather than take legal action,after all JW DID NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT TO GIVE WHAT THE PLAYERS ARE ASKING.My understanding is that he made a verbal statement in the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw.I cannot see the players getting more than a few thousand dollars more.The greed shown by a few players is the cause of our present predicament not
JW.Surely,with a bit more common sense the problem could have been dealt with differently,consider too'that all the players got $1,000,000 from the government.When England put about 6 or 7 pass us we will be certain that we are not going to SA 2010 but instead rebuilding for 2014 wherever it may be.

a/s/l/m ?

(age, sex, location.....motive )
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 05:05:01 AM »
Boi, where some people been Hiding ???
hear nuh go and read this thread(<-- click here)  and when ya dun read this thread, then check this one den when you tink ya dun read this thread, watch ah next thread to read, then get back to me.....

AND Jason deserves a call up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:24:35 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 05:18:23 AM »
look thing, God help us :(  , Have Faith  :-\  :praying:  :'( , this young team he trying better work out yes

Fixed it for yuh......since it is a noun like Sam and Kenwyne ;)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 05:22:36 AM »
look thing, God help us :(  , Have Faith  :-\  :praying:  :'( , this young team he trying better work out yes

Fixed it for yuh......since it is a noun like Sam and Kenwyne ;)

unless of course he is referring to a demi god  ;)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 05:24:16 AM »

But what de............................. :o

We have ah place fuh alyuh people, it called ST. Anns ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 05:42:59 AM »
The players who instigated this legal action should have used alittle bit more common sense after all we had only just competed on the biggest stage in the world.For the betterment of our football a little bit of patience was better.I am also quite sure that not all the players involved was 100% behind this but only a few.I am sure you all know who they are,it was only a matter of solidarity that made most of the players act the way they did.They must now be regretting the actions coz all it has done is keep our football from progrssing as it should have done.I AM JUST HOPING THAT WE DO NOT BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK TO THE FOOTBALL WORLD ASSUMING ENGLAND PUT 8 GOALS PAST US.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
The players who instigated this legal action should have used alittle bit more common sense after all we had only just competed on the biggest stage in the world.For the betterment of our football a little bit of patience was better.I am also quite sure that not all the players involved was 100% behind this but only a few.I am sure you all know who they are,it was only a matter of solidarity that made most of the players act the way they did.They must now be regretting the actions coz all it has done is keep our football from progrssing as it should have done.I AM JUST HOPING THAT WE DO NOT BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK TO THE FOOTBALL WORLD ASSUMING ENGLAND PUT 8 GOALS PAST US.
Jack is de laughing stock of the football world...with all the players he has at his dispossal...we still end up in a mess because of him.....One Case in Point....he cant even pick Jason Scotland
I still doh believe some people who want to philosiphise why Jason ent gettin called.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 06:08:21 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 05:52:30 AM »
frico you need to really check yourself..............you bother reading anything at all on the impasse before you type that tata ?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 06:10:11 AM »

Jackula is dat you? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>