March 28, 2024, 02:04:03 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland not discarded.  (Read 6796 times)

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland not discarded.
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:15 AM »
Call me crazy, but I understand the reasoning.

ill wait until i can find a word that transcends "crazy."

If this is what Dry So means, I think I understand their reasoning too.

Stern (Championship), Kenwyne (EPL), Roberts (Eredivisie) are higher than League 1.
And rather than have Scotland is a 4th choice, they'd prefer to give a local the experience.

I not defending it as the best decision, but just understanding their reasoning based on the statement.
Yep. Exactly what I mean.

I asked this question before, i.e. the fact that we have so much depth in the forward line (Kenwyne,Stern, Roberts, Scotland, Glen + rest of local base forwards), couldn't we not transform one of those players to an attacking midfielder.  It's not like we have real depth in our midfield that we cah do that.  Leaving out the top scorer in League one just doh make sense to me. I rather have Scotland playing a different position than him not being on the squad at all. 

Similarly, does that mean we bench Darryl if Stern and Jones starting?  We only have so much quality players.  We have to make the best use out all of them in my opinion.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 08:42:47 AM »

Stern (Championship), Kenwyne (EPL), Roberts (Eredivisie) are higher than League 1.
And rather than have Scotland is a 4th choice, they'd prefer to give a local the experience.

I not defending it as the best decision, but just understanding their reasoning based on the statement.

I asked this question before, i.e. the fact that we have so much depth in the forward line (Kenwyne,Stern, Roberts, Scotland, Glen + rest of local base forwards), couldn't we not transform one of those players to an attacking midfielder.  It's not like we have real depth in our midfield that we cah do that.  Leaving out the top scorer in League one just doh make sense to me. I rather have Scotland playing a different position than him not being on the squad at all. 

Similarly, does that mean we bench Darryl if Stern and Jones starting?  We only have so much quality players.  We have to make the best use out all of them in my opinion.
Roberts could play attacking mid. In fact he says he prefers that role. I doh know why we insist on sticking him as striker when we have a glut at that position and famine everywhere else.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 08:46:48 AM »

Alright. I take it back. You ent reach mano stage yet...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland not discarded
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »
They real watching the site. They answering every question we pose that implying there is a blacklist.  Whether the answer is the truth or not, they providing an answer.

That is called C.Y.A in the professional world

Yuh notice dat too eh?  De lapdog working hard tuh earn he kibbles.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
I am prepared to give Maturana the benefit of the doubt in his selections.  So far so good!  Let’s see how the young ones fare.  Men here have been asking for Yorke and Latapy and Dog.  But here is my logic to support the coach’s decisions so far:
1.   Yorke and Latapy and Dog have served the Warriors well and brought us to WC 2006, but I hope folk realize that the WC is in 2010 and everyone will be two years older; even Stern  John may be significantly slower and less effective by then.  Dog will be about 36 on a bum knee.  Latapy 41, Yorke 39.
2.   It is time too make a change over to bring in the young ones.  The exposure gives theses guys like Forbes, Gay and Hyland opportunities for foreign contracts which will allow them to mature even more by the time the meat of our qualifications occurs next year.
3.   In two years they will be far better than they are now because they playing with the best and training with the best.
4.   At 17, 18 or 19, you good only get better.  At 32, 33, and 34 you only getting slower though maybe still wise enough to barely hold on.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:42 AM »
not discarded, just put to de side den.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »
I am prepared to give Maturana the benefit of the doubt in his selections.  So far so good!  Let’s see how the young ones fare.  Men here have been asking for Yorke and Latapy and Dog.  But here is my logic to support the coach’s decisions so far:
1.   Yorke and Latapy and Dog have served the Warriors well and brought us to WC 2006, but I hope folk realize that the WC is in 2010 and everyone will be two years older; even Stern  John may be significantly slower and less effective by then.  Dog will be about 36 on a bum knee.  Latapy 41, Yorke 39.
2.   It is time too make a change over to bring in the young ones.  The exposure gives theses guys like Forbes, Gay and Hyland opportunities for foreign contracts which will allow them to mature even more by the time the meat of our qualifications occurs next year.
3.   In two years they will be far better than they are now because they playing with the best and training with the best.
4.   At 17, 18 or 19, you good only get better.  At 32, 33, and 34 you only getting slower though maybe still wise enough to barely hold on.

Pure sense. i agree.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »
Just Cool ... :cheers:

1]; } ?>