April 19, 2024, 03:57:34 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.  (Read 17655 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2008, 11:56:56 AM »
Scotland gets axe for England.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express)

Also, it is understood that record goalscorer Stern John was included in the squad partly as a result of the wrist injury to Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

This line have me confused though. Is Liburd saying that Stern only get call up because KJ might not play the game and he is going to have to cover for KJ and/or he wasn't in the original list? Does that mean we done know we playing 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 against England  and we only planning to have one man up top (KJ if fit, Stern if not?), long before training, videotape session etc start? Does that mean if KJ didn't have the injury, Maturana wouldn't have bother to call back Stern to ride pine?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2008, 02:06:27 PM »
Scotland gets axe for England.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express)

Also, it is understood that record goalscorer Stern John was included in the squad partly as a result of the wrist injury to Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

This line have me confused though. Is Liburd saying that Stern only get call up because KJ might not play the game and he is going to have to cover for KJ and/or he wasn't in the original list? Does that mean we done know we playing 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 against England  and we only planning to have one man up top (KJ if fit, Stern if not?), long before training, videotape session etc start? Does that mean if KJ didn't have the injury, Maturana wouldn't have bother to call back Stern to ride pine?

Dais how I read it. Probably  Stern was  included in case Kenwyne could not play. My guess is they were planning to share the big forward role between Kenwyne and Gay 45mins each with Roberts and Jorslin as support strikers.( 4-4-1-1)
Maturana is using this game to blood the yutes, he have b@lls!!!. :beermug:  TTFF sold the game based on the hype of Latapy ,Yorke et al " a score to settle" which gave the impression we would be fielding our strongest team.  ::)

1]; } ?>