April 18, 2024, 11:15:12 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.  (Read 17653 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for England.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 06:13:18 AM »
.....and also it have forumites who actually debated/debating whether or not to don a black juzzy....

GO BLACK IF YUH WANT JACK TO TRACK BACK!!!!   
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
I feel de "co" in "frico" name stands for all the coke he\she\it sniffing.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for england
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 06:24:02 AM »
Put aside the emotion for a moment.

Is there a valid FOOTBALLING reason for Scotty's omission?

Seems as if Maturana sayin Kenwyne leadin de line.  De kind of striking partner he lookin for is one who will complement Jones.

Jones is a mobile type of forward who is a colassic target man.  Which means he needs someone to play off of him as he not exactly the most skillful type of player.

Question is...is Scotty that player?
Even if he is not that player, what is plan B? Jones already carrying an injury that can rule him out, or can get injured. If he aint on the pitch, does it matter much who can play with him? :devil: Scottie deserves to be in the squad.
Live large and prosper!

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:26 AM »
lawd have mercy pon d TTFF. for they no what d fak dey doing

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:08 AM »
If this is true which it most likely is....Well..."Campaign to kick this f**king Colombian Puppet Out"

Dont f**k with the Fans...We'll f**k all of you up....

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 06:32:14 AM »
what did ... darryl roberts do to merit a call over jason scotland?
Roberts, like Kenwyne, playing top flight football and scored just as many as Kenwyne, and was, by some accounts, impressive against Jamaica. He earn his call. Jorsling? Me eh know.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 06:40:40 AM »
what did ... darryl roberts do to merit a call over jason scotland?
Roberts, like Kenwyne, playing top flight football and scored just as many as Kenwyne, and was, by some accounts, impressive against Jamaica. He earn his call. Jorsling? Me eh know.

I have no problem with Roberts getting the call...cuz He is a good player....But when en liikse f**king jamal gay and forbes and jorsling get a chance over Scotty...when just recently the coach said players getting picked on current form...How can Scotty be off form???? 

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 06:45:28 AM »
It is now clear that maturana is a puppet to JW who is now acting with a vendetta against the players who got together to sue the TTFA.
we may say what we like about him he has done a lot for our football and one can understand his present attitude if even we do not condone it.I feel certain that the players who brought this action against the TTFA are the bigger culprits,it would havebeen much better if it had gone to arbitration rather than take legal action,after all JW DID NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT TO GIVE WHAT THE PLAYERS ARE ASKING.My understanding is that he made a verbal statement in the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw.I cannot see the players getting more than a few thousand dollars more.The greed shown by a few players is the cause of our present predicament not
JW.Surely,with a bit more common sense the problem could have been dealt with differently,consider too'that all the players got $1,000,000 from the government.When England put about 6 or 7 pass us we will be certain that we are not going to SA 2010 but instead rebuilding for 2014 wherever it may be.

But what de............................. :o

We have ah place fuh alyuh people, it called ST. Anns ::)

Leave my neighborhood out ah that kind of insanity eh...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 06:47:30 AM »
I Cannot wait for the excuse for this one....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »
I does keep quiet, until I have all the facts about certain things, but is keeping quiet for the last 2 years that have we where we are right now. I have nine words to say, and it right in mih signature. I glad to see brownsugar take up the call.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »
Dat is real shit dey.

I say Carlos go play wing back and they coulda put him to play the right wing.

Steupppssss

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland gets axe for england
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »
Put aside the emotion for a moment.

Is there a valid FOOTBALLING reason for Scotty's omission?

Seems as if Maturana sayin Kenwyne leadin de line.  De kind of striking partner he lookin for is one who will complement Jones.

Jones is a mobile type of forward who is a colassic target man.  Which means he needs someone to play off of him as he not exactly the most skillful type of player.

Question is...is Scotty that player?

Palos.. Putting aside all emotion to answer you..

In a squad of 23, the norm is to go with 5 or 6 forwards.. Your starters and replacements for each striker position.

Now lets us say for argument sake and to be generous, the thinking is to go with 2-3 "classic target men" as you put it, then 2-3 more mobile forwards in the other position to play off of them..

1. Then Jones and John cannot start together because they do not 'complement' each other. If they do start together, I want you to respond to this the day after the game and admit that on pure footballing reasons, Scotland's omission is assanine.

2. What justifies the inclusion of an untried and untested Jamal Gay for the 3rd 'target man' berth, ahead of a 29 goal, player of the season, form of his life, world cup experienced Jason Scotland?

3. Did Maturana not say days ago that players were being picked based on club form? How does Devon Jorsling's, Darryl Roberts' and Jamal Gay's club form match up with that of Jason Scotland

4. Should we then assume then that under Maturana, it is impossible for Scotland to force his way into the T&T side barring injury to either Jones or John? Because we can't ask much more of him can we.

Just a few thoughts from someone trying to understand the FOOTBALLING reasons for Scotland's omission.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »
IT GOOD FUH WE !!
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 07:25:45 AM »
It is now clear that maturana is a puppet to JW who is now acting with a vendetta against the players who got together to sue the TTFA.
we may say what we like about him he has done a lot for our football and one can understand his present attitude if even we do not condone it.I feel certain that the players who brought this action against the TTFA are the bigger culprits,it would havebeen much better if it had gone to arbitration rather than take legal action,after all JW DID NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT TO GIVE WHAT THE PLAYERS ARE ASKING.My understanding is that he made a verbal statement in the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw.I cannot see the players getting more than a few thousand dollars more.The greed shown by a few players is the cause of our present predicament not
JW.Surely,with a bit more common sense the problem could have been dealt with differently,consider too'that all the players got $1,000,000 from the government.When England put about 6 or 7 pass us we will be certain that we are not going to SA 2010 but instead rebuilding for 2014 wherever it may be.

Just to clarify a few points for you FRICO.

Jason Scotland has never been part of the dispute.

The case is at arbitration.

Warners "verbal statement in the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw" followed his agreement of 30% made with the players. Subsequently Warner repeated the 50% offer several times in the media when he was distanced from " the heat and excitement when we held Sweden to a draw"

A verbal contract, particularly if repeated in the media, is legally enforceable. So, if your boss comes to you and asks you to work an extra shift and get paid double time, do you always insist on a contract in writing?

The greed you refer to is purely an employee asking for what is rightfully his. The players had no idea, when the agreement was made, how much money would be involved because sponsorship deals were still being negotiated. As far as the players knew, the 30% agreed at the time may have only amounted to $50,000TT. Also, when the agreement was made, the players had no idea they would receive a seperate financial reward from the government. It is not reasonable to expect an employee to not want his employer to honour a financial contract because a seperate body has paid him a bonus.

With "a bit more common sense", surely there would be some of the $173 million TT still in the TTFF pot even after the players bonuses had been put to one side.

You blame the players when everyone is aware that TTFF have none of the money from the World Cup campaign or the millions paid by the government for the 2010 campaign. This was admitted by Mr Warner when he had to take an advance of the concacaf funding and mortgage his property to pay match fees. Shouldn't you really be asking why these bonus payment promises were made and why so much money has disapeared, yet no one from TTFF is prepared to be accountable and explain how this money has been spent?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:30:03 AM by FPATT »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »
Aint no way this so cut and dry something big went down behind the scenes that we don't know about ....something payoff between the staff and Scotty and they keeping it hush hush ...... even if they didnt think he was a fit they would still keep him on the bench....waiting for the truth to come out

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »
Aint no way this so cut and dry something big went down behind the scenes that we don't know about ....something payoff between the staff and Scotty and they keeping it hush hush ...... even if they didnt think he was a fit they would still keep him on the bench....waiting for the truth to come out
eh ???
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 07:39:59 AM »
He is undefeated in five games against Guadeloupe, El Salvador, Jamaica, Grenada and Barbados. Three of those outings ended with wins for T&T while his squad is yet to concede a goal at home.

to bad you cannot compare these teams to a full strength england team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »
Omar yuh real f**king dotish !     ;)

check his stats:

Football League One Winner
Football League One Top Scorer
Football League One Team Of the Season

how that could compare to men sweating in King George V ?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:45:56 AM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 07:42:33 AM »
Omar yuh real f**king dotish !

check his stats:

aye aye aye
not soooo early in de morning nuh :devil:

"sweating in King George V park"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 07:46:04 AM »
Omar yuh real f**king dotish !

check his stats:

which is what i trying to understand mehself...

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »
I know I know I getting kicks

Offline SuperTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 07:54:13 AM »
Calm down people....Jamal Gay won't start...he'll probably get 10 or 20 mins minutes in de dreggs. I feel is Daryll Roberts...and Stern up front if Jnoes can't play. I don't care bout de result. This game is for local talent to get a look so that we good get more young players in Europe playing.....so that in later qualifying we could compete wit America and Mexico. Plus forget strikers we have dat....Do we have a proper midfield  and defense for these games comin up :rotfl:

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:59 AM »
I hope yuh saying dat when we get we ass cut because we put forward an intercol side

Offline SuperTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 08:04:27 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:   off course i will not be so positive lol.....that's what we all do...AFTER THE FACT :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 08:05:31 AM »
I hope yuh saying dat when we get we ass cut because we put forward an intercol side

In a way...I wouldn't mind us getting crushed to f**king wake up everyone especially Maturana and staff...

That man have men like Scotty..Glenn..Sealy...  all 3 recognised strikers but the great striker trio of Gay Forbes and Jorsling can keep them out...

Birchall..Samuel...Theobald...Spann...  i like our midfield of K.Daniel/Connel...Hyland..Whitley..Edwards...  but i want Depth in midfield...

Makan Hislop..Anton Pierre over Sancho?...A.Adams and A.Edwards over Avery.. You f**king having a laugh!

Anyway, Hopefully the Squad can do a good job in the quartet of games coming up...

TrinInfinite

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 08:05:54 AM »
i really dont know how to justify the exclusion but maturana is doing his ting, he saw what scotty offers and maybe he feels forbes or another youth has more, who knows  ??? based on performance scotland should play but scottie hasnt done anything menacing for the red white and black like stern, so if based on that, these youths that have been playing have been scoring in the warm ups, maturana maybe has a method for his madness, not all club players play good intl football, but if he said  he is picking on form, i really dont know the justification of the exclusion.

God is de BOSS....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 08:09:37 AM »
i really dont know how to justify the exclusion but maturana is doing his ting, he saw what scotty offers and maybe he feels forbes or another youth has more, who knows  ??? based on performance scotland should play but scottie hasnt done anything menacing for the red white and black like stern, so if based on that, these youths that have been playing have been scoring in the warm ups, maturana maybe has a method for his madness, not all club players play good intl football, but if he said  he is picking on form, i really dont know the justification of the exclusion.

God is de BOSS....

Edit:

if you meant "like Stern" as in Scooty and Stern arent menacing read below:

You just showed everyone you are a c**t (like if it wasnt known already)

67 in 101 games.... nothing menacing about that  ::)

5 Hex Goals to take us to the World Cup.... like if KJ or anyone would have scored those 5 hex goals

Stern John= Trinidadian Legend...Irreplaceable...and Maturana will realise it if he drops Stern...

if you meant "like Stern" as in Scotty hasnt done anything but Stern has been menacing well:

Sorry...

But knowing you...you meant like Stern as my first thought..Cuz I know you is a Stern hater and a Glenn fan

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:27:25 AM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 08:13:57 AM »
i really dont know how to justify the exclusion but maturana is doing his ting, he saw what scotty offers and maybe he feels forbes or another youth has more, who knows ??? based on performance scotland should play but scottie hasnt done anything menacing for the red white and black like stern, so if based on that, these youths that have been playing have been scoring in the warm ups, maturana maybe has a method for his madness, not all club players play good intl football, but if he said he is picking on form, i really dont know the justification of the exclusion.

God is de BOSS....

67 in 101 games.... nothing menacing about that ::)

5 Hex Goals to take us to the World Cup.... like if KJ or anyone would have scored those 5 hex goals

Stern John= Trinidadian Legend...Irreplaceable...and Maturana will realise it if he drops Stern...

say what you like but strike partners are the key to every good forward line, scottie hasnt buss nets recently, maturana is either acting on jw behalf or his own guile, ill wait to see after the match what happens, theres more important games anyways to come, like a world cup qualifier, i think people 4getting what counts the most, i doubt scotland is excluded indefinately.

God is de BOSS...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

God is de BOSS....

67 in 101 games.... nothing menacing about that  ::)

ummm....... small mag ???

take a re-read of what yuh bold there

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:26 AM »
i really dont know how to justify the exclusion but maturana is doing his ting, he saw what scotty offers and maybe he feels forbes or another youth has more, who knows ??? based on performance scotland should play but scottie hasnt done anything menacing for the red white and black like stern, so if based on that, these youths that have been playing have been scoring in the warm ups, maturana maybe has a method for his madness, not all club players play good intl football, but if he said he is picking on form, i really dont know the justification of the exclusion.

God is de BOSS....

67 in 101 games.... nothing menacing about that ::)

say what you like but strike partners are the key to every good forward line, scottie hasnt buss nets recently, maturana is either acting on jw behalf or his own guile, ill wait to see after the match what happens, theres more important games anyways to come, like a world cup qualifier, i think people 4getting what counts the most, i doubt scotland is excluded indefinately.

God is de BOSS...

TI, Scotty cannot score goals for the RWB if he never gets to play for the RWB

1]; } ?>