July 27, 2024, 04:13:09 AM

Author Topic: For FF and Bounty killer....I hope yesterday answer yuh question  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
For FF and Bounty killer....I hope yesterday answer yuh question
« on: September 04, 2005, 01:57:05 PM »
Alyuh fellas remember this arguement a few weeks back!

I tried then to open alyuh eyes and show alyuh the little Magician.......but alyuh was stuck on this Nahkid thing.

Lemme refresh alyuh memory.

AND YES I TOLD YOU SO!

From FF

On de old board we had a survey as to who yuh picking first on ah side... it was neck and neck for a few days... but in de end Latapy win with about 54 % of de votes...... Latapy was a borse... but Nakhid was also a general (albeit in a different way)

From Bounty Killer

thank yuh FF...for a while I thought it was who have the biggest mouth woulda win the argument as usual. In my opinion - when it came down to having absolute control of the midfield and then puttin down a pin-point accurate pass Nakhid was it...but I was jus provoking argument, cuz them two players play with 2 different supporting casts...with about the same result....but I ent see the night and day contrast that andre and palos want to make it out to be like.
palos - who is the man who replace Nakhid (since you infer he born already)?
but is jus my humble opinion...like this one
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=2112.0

and from ME....alyuh fellas remember this quote.

look at Nahkid and Latapy in this light...................

The team has moved on and we have found players to replace Nahkid

The player to replace Latapy has not been born yet.

Now Bounty you remember these words........

dcs, I agree fully.  I think in this present set up we have enough good strikers, so we doh need another offensive threat at the expense of defensive liability...what we really want is a man who could deliver enough ball to stern that  if he throw way 5 he hatta at least score 1; a man to run the plays through and make use of the wingers (well at least carlos), but keep up the defensive duties like we doing now - that bill sound more like a Nakhid than a Latapy to me.

Bounty Did  you see what happened yesterday on the field?..........Did you witness the Great One in full Flight.

Let me show you what I typed on July 27th at 12:05 pm. It is exactly what happened on the field just after half time to be exact.

Bounty.....If Latapy was there he would not have wasted 5-6 tru balls on Stern.

Latapy woulda step up, run the play heself, Score and then turn round and tell Stern........that is how its done! Grin

So FF and Bounty..........just so you know.........its Latapy and any other 10.

Yesterdays performance has put this arguement to rest once and for all.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 02:00:16 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

truetrini

Re: For FF and Bounty killer....I hope yesterday answer yuh question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 02:08:51 PM »
Touches anybody who put Nakid on de same level with Latas is ah crack head.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:10:14 PM »
Touches, let me give Jack his jacket and tell you that I am slowly and grudgingly beginning to accept Latapy as the best thing to happen to Trinidad's midfield...let him give me 2 more performances like that and I will be a convert.
I must add though, that Nakhid didn't get his chance to be compared...and you did see that towards the end latapy wasn't even thinking about running back and putting in tackles.  How much longer we will depend on a super human performance by a defender (Sancho this time) to keep us in the game.  Remember it have two aspects to the game and no matter how much you score yourself, if the other team score more on you , you still lose.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 02:13:59 PM »
The team has moved on and we have found players to replace Nahkid ??

Who's that ?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 02:16:27 PM »
thaz the same question I asked star child....Birchall might develop into that player I feel...a really solid tackler and winner of the balkl, and if he work on his passes and touch, limin' areound men like carlos and latapy. and play a lil more small goal, he might be a shadow of that player.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 03:17:49 PM »
You cannot compare Nakhid with Latas. They are two different types of player who are equally important. Nakhid's capabilities are ARGUABLY more easily reproduced since they require less natural talent to perfect, but to say we have replaced him is hardly true. BUT the real mess here is most men on dis forum doh even know Nakhid in his prime. All de boss we feel we see Nakhid play, the man was already on his 30s when he came back to TnT squad. Nakhid was supposed to be playing since the WC 90 and WC 94 qualifiers...try and remember that. I personally think Latas is better, but you comparing all the bes' you ever see of Latas and Nakhid (who although he was holding down) was already not the same player as we probably would have had when he was in his mid to late 20s.

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 03:40:36 PM »
i see dem both in dey prime

latas is sheer wizardry///nakid is workman like

latas is a demi god
nakid is ah everyday player  albeit a good one

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 11:20:33 PM »
I really cah see how dis is even worth a discussion.  If yuh ask a Trini "Who is T&T's best ever player?" you are NOT going to hear 'Nakhid' comin out dey mout.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005, 11:27:48 PM »
But if you look at the Midfield now.. WHo is DE general in the middle.. Think about it ......................................................

Captain D Yorke is de man setting the pace and leading by example.. Latas re-inclusion into the team means we have a little more depth... The Combo of Yorke and Latas = REAL pressure for any opposing team..

Jess imagine if we get Speedstars Like GLEN on the field what will happen.!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 08:37:10 AM »
I really cah see how dis is even worth a discussion. If yuh ask a Trini "Who is T&T's best ever player?" you are NOT going to hear 'Nakhid' comin out dey mout.

It had a fella called Karl Marx and his philosophy say that the majority of people usually wrong.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 12:29:53 PM »
Tallman...a job for you boy. When Nahkid was running the midfield for all them shell cup games, w/out latas and yorke we was scoring all kinda 7 goals and thing regular. When latas running the show...what was the most we ever score?
I talking games where both didn't play together, during the mid 90's that was the norm, it was one or the other.
Nahkid is the consumate team player who brings out the best of those around him...Latas takes it all on his shoulders and uses individual pieces of magic to turn a game. Latas is the more skilful but I can't say he is the better player, from a team persepective, than a Nahkid in his prime.
Like d man say, nahkid is a general, latas is a magician...which one u prefer in a battle? The man who could organise the army so all the units functioning, or the man who could make the next team disappear when your backs against the wall? Both have their merits...but I doh think they comparable in the way men tryign to compare them.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 12:59:25 PM »
Tallman...a job for you boy. When Nahkid was running the midfield for all them shell cup games, w/out latas and yorke we was scoring all kinda 7 goals and thing regular. When latas running the show...what was the most we ever score?
I talking games where both didn't play together, during the mid 90's that was the norm, it was one or the other.

Nakhid:
T&T 8 - 0 Dominica (July 26, 1998)
T&T 7 - 2 Martinique (April 17, 1994)
T&T 5 - 0 St. Vincent (July 30, 1995)

Latapy:
T&T 8 - 0 Dominican Republic (June 23, 1998)
T&T 7 - 0 Antigua (June 21, 1992)
T&T 7 - 0 Dominican Republic (May 23, 1991)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 01:04:33 PM »
Nahkid is the consumate team player who brings out the best of those around him...Latas takes it all on his shoulders and uses individual pieces of magic to turn a game. Latas is the more skilful but I can't say he is the better player, from a team persepective, than a Nahkid in his prime.
Like d man say, nahkid is a general, latas is a magician...which one u prefer in a battle? The man who could organise the army so all the units functioning, or the man who could make the next team disappear when your backs against the wall? Both have their merits...but I doh think they comparable in the way men tryign to compare them.

No disrespeck eh...

BUT....

::)

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 01:06:07 PM »

Nakhid:
T&T 8 - 0 Dominica (July 26, 1998)
T&T 7 - 2 Martinique (April 17, 1994)
T&T 5 - 0 St. Vincent (July 30, 1995)

Latapy:
T&T 8 - 0 Dominican Republic (June 23, 1998)
T&T 7 - 0 Antigua (June 21, 1992)
T&T 7 - 0 Dominican Republic (May 23, 1991)

Lawd.......be careful wha yuh axe for eh?

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 01:25:46 PM »
Spidey it isvery good that you appreciate Nakhid and he was a good player but he was not as good as Latapy.

Even taking into account their different styles of play. Nakhid was a good man to organize a team and keep possession but men overrate his defensive ability. Latas on the other hand knows that he is useless in a defensive capacity but what he does going forward he does better than anyone else we have.

Look at Yorke. In two games Yorke play a Nakhid role, sit back, try to close down players and spread the ball to the left and to the right And after a career of being a forward he do a damn good job. Nakhid would be proud to put out that performance that Yorke play on Saturday. Latas come back in his first game for four years and outshine even that.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »

We have both.. Yorke and Latas.  ;D ;D :beermug:
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005, 01:53:36 PM »
I really cah see how dis is even worth a discussion. If yuh ask a Trini "Who is T&T's best ever player?" you are NOT going to hear 'Nakhid' comin out dey mout.

It had a fella called Karl Marx and his philosophy say that the majority of people usually wrong.

Show me one nation where Marxism has been successful!

steups.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005, 01:55:05 PM »
i guess ill have to say Trinidad comes to mind..example PNM  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005, 02:04:47 PM »
Bounty I just wanna ask yuh......You see the game Sat breds?

Did you make it into a bar in las Cruces and see the Magician in action?

Now for players who replace Nahkid let me give you a list......( I know this going and cause Real fire and Commess but all these players have played in this def mid position and done decent)

Reynold "Hippo" Carrington........It is a shame he got his TT caps when he was so old, Simoes brought plenty out of him.
Lawrence....both attacking and defensive under Porterfield.
Ronnie Mauge.......EXCELLENT def mid, too bad he got a break foot.
Anthony Rougier

Lesser known players, but who have played at this position for a while.
Dale Saunders
Travis Mulrain
Even mad man from Joe Public Adrian Narine

Current Players......who have replaced him

Brent Sancho
Aurtis Whitley
Silvio Spann
Chris Birchall

Who has replaced the little Magician?

I tell alyuh already, that player ent born yet.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005, 02:15:12 PM »
Bounty I just wanna ask yuh......You see the game Sat breds?

Did you make it into a bar in las Cruces and see the Magician in action?

Now for players who replace Nahkid let me give you a list......( I know this going and cause Real fire and Commess but all these players have played in this def mid position and done decent)

Reynold "Hippo" Carrington........It is a shame he got his TT caps when he was so old, Simoes brought plenty out of him.
Lawrence....both attacking and defensive under Porterfield.
Ronnie Mauge.......EXCELLENT def mid, too bad he got a break foot.
Anthony Rougier

Lesser known players, but who have played at this position for a while.
Dale Saunders
Travis Mulrain
Even mad man from Joe Public Adrian Narine

Current Players......who have replaced him

Brent Sancho
Aurtis Whitley
Silvio Spann
Chris Birchall

Who has replaced the little Magician?

I tell alyuh already, that player ent born yet.

Shhhh Touches...doh wake de babies!!!   ;D ;D

Dat said....ah wouldn't disrespeck Nakhid by callin all dem players dey.  Nakhid had more offensive ability dan most yuh call dey.  But defensively...he was a wuss.  He was one of our better ORGANIZERS fuh true but is like tryin to compare Deschamps (Nakhid) and Zidane (Latas).  Not even in de same area code.

As a man say...Yorke perform de "Nakhid" role very well indeed on Saturday.  Plus...he tackle more dan Nakhid ever did.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 02:17:19 PM by palos »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005, 02:53:46 PM »
Touches...dem men might be playing the same position as Nakhid, but doh dis de man nah...dat is not the same as replacing him. But yeah, we agree...Latas is d #1

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005, 02:57:35 PM »
Ok but Mauge, Rougier and Carrington in my mind replace him. I would even say they played better in that def mid than Nahkid.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005, 03:08:38 PM »
Nakhid is good and solid, but never really impress me.
Then again, he does things that are not glamorous like Latas.
He is like a better Birchall.
Nakhid was good, but Latas was and still is the Michael Jordan of football or the Zidane of CONCACAF.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005, 03:16:15 PM »
Ok but Mauge, Rougier and Carrington in my mind replace him. I would even say they played better in that def mid than Nahkid.

haha....cool ting. I'll give you Rougier and Mauge, but Carrington always look a lil' nervous to me bredda

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005, 10:34:27 PM »

Latas fit into this team like a glove and it work well.  Everything was working out for him to fit in perfectly and maybe it work out that he didn't come till now so the rest of the team had to make do and develop on their own first.

Allyuh mad with that any other 10 part. 
Better beieve if the rest eh on board we eh going nowhere....as in the past.  Alluh might be on a high after the win but doh lose yuh head.
Yes he is a special player that gives u something extra and rare that gives u a giant advantage over the other team but u doh reach nowhere at this level if other things not working well.  Doh disrespect the rest of the team so.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2005, 08:10:15 AM »
DCS as yuh reach in late I will give you the briefing.

The argument a few months ago was which player would you choose and any other 10.

It came down the Nahkid......FF and Bountys favourite or Latapy......Mine, Palos etc.

The post take a turn as usual and we talk about all kinda thing after.

But if you coulda choose one of the two players and any other 10 which one would you have picked?

I understand yuh lil concerned, all well and good. I ent going overboard with the win.I just used a certain players performance to drive home a point made a few months ago...Yuh OVERSTAND?

It ent nuttin about disrespecting the rest of the team or nuttin like that or developin the rest.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2005, 08:30:28 AM »
haha....cool ting. I'll give you Rougier and Mauge, but Carrington always look a lil' nervous to me bredda

I never really take to Carrington either but since he gone I realize how much he used to do.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 10:06:30 AM »
Like ah come een late....

Touches, I love Latapy too.... but jus remember at de time of de old poll, it was a different atmosphere with regards to Latapy eh.... questions about discipline, attitude etc and that would have been ah heavy factor.... That said Latas has come and prove allyuh right even at age 37... I go admit that... but I still like Nakhid too...  ;)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2005, 11:07:39 AM »
DCS as yuh reach in late I will give you the briefing.

The argument a few months ago was which player would you choose and any other 10.

It came down the Nahkid......FF and Bountys favourite or Latapy......Mine, Palos etc.

The post take a turn as usual and we talk about all kinda thing after.

But if you coulda choose one of the two players and any other 10 which one would you have picked?

I understand yuh lil concerned, all well and good. I ent going overboard with the win.I just used a certain players performance to drive home a point made a few months ago...Yuh OVERSTAND?

It ent nuttin about disrespecting the rest of the team or nuttin like that or developin the rest.

Hard luck dey touches.  I shudda know better.
I now remember the original argument.

I mighta say Nahkid before but I believe the Latapys in the world a lil rare and creative players are the ones that can take a team over the top.  The way he fit back into this squad so easy after one game is a lil amazing...is like all along they was molding the team around somebody who wasn't there yet....saving the spot for him and when he come...bam...tings fall into place.  I still eh forget what went on before so just like when Yorke come back I will wait to see if everything else working out.  For the first time in a while I really feeling like the World need to see us play ball.

I still lil worried I not seeing how some player...or group of players can replace a lil 20% of what he brings.  At least Dwight playing de Nahkid role good when we need it.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 12:39:16 PM »
Nakhid and Latas couldn't play together. Both wanted the ball all the time and both wanted to be the general.
Had Latapy played in the same role as Saturday they would have been very good together. Nakhid bringing the ball from the back and spreading it, then Latas using his trickery and vision in the final thirds to create the goals. Nakhid would have martialed the first 2 thirds and Latas, the last. Unfortunately they never got it together like that. They would have been devastating playing with a Yorke in his prime.

Nakhid was much better than all these players he was compared to. I would place him just below Latapy, but much higher than Mauge, Rougier and those other guys
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>