March 04, 2024, 11:04:36 PM

Author Topic: Jason Cudjoe  (Read 4321 times)

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Cudjoe
« on: August 09, 2005, 05:36:44 AM »
With all that talant why is Jason Cudjoe on W.Connection  bench? check
he background another good one gone to waste. 
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 06:34:49 AM by Tallman »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Cudjoe?....was he also known as Opeolo Kudjo?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:50:20 AM »
Are they one in the same?

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Cudjoe?....was he also known as Opeolo Kudjo?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 04:13:01 PM »
Are they one in the same?
Not to my knowledge but, Jason was in de u.s national program some years back. Still eh understand de bench ting maybe he fall back.His dad is ah trini.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Cudjoe
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 04:30:52 PM »
Not to my knowledge but, Jason was in de u.s national program some years back. Still eh understand de bench ting maybe he fall back.His dad is ah trini.

He did score 4 goals for Connection last year. Is he the same Jason Cudjoe that went to University of South Florida and played for the Carolina Dynamo and the Virginia Beach Mariners?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 04:31:39 PM »
His Dad is not only a Trini but a well respected high school coach too.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 04:34:03 PM »
I believe so Tallman.They from Lauderhill,Florida.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 04:44:25 PM »
Tallman ........ I have to seriously watch you sah. You have to be working with the FBI or something. The kinda information you does pull out have me wondering..... ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 07:04:53 AM »
Yeah boy tallman...u is really find some information there.Tell me if you know where Marco Elcock is now? Played for QRC,Top scorer in SSFL 97 , win Big 7...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 07:18:54 AM »
How you know he scored 4 goals in de PFL Tallman... where's the stats. ??

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 07:21:51 AM »
How you know he scored 4 goals in de PFL Tallman... where's the stats. ??

Go to T&T Pro League Standings, Stats & Goal Scorers and look at de 2004 Top PFL Goal Scorers section.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 07:30:36 AM »
Marco Elcock did play for Wright States Raiders in the U.S. Horizon League in 2000 not sure what happened to him now.

THE CLASS OF THE 20th CENTURY.
DON'T LET HIM SHOOT.
[/size]

Flashback with Garth Wattley:

The year 1970, says Luciano Woodley, was "a special year."
He was not talking about Black Power.  Just "Woodley Power."
Every week, the newspapers were filled with the exploits of "that man Woodley."
Short but solid and swift, the 17-year-old St Mary's College forward netted 34 goals that season, with six hat-tricks thrown in for good measure.
That record stood for 15 long years before the Arima Senior Comprehensive marksman Timothy Haynes eclipsed it with 40 in the 1985 season.  Haynes also notched six hat-tricks.
The similarities between the two did not end there.
Both men suffered at the feet of San Fernando Technical.
Haynes' goals could not stop Russell Latapy and company from beating Arima in both the Intercol and Big Seven finals.
Woodley too saw his individual success eclipsed by the 1970 Tech team in the league as well as the Intercol final.
But Woodley and Haynes were not the only 30+ goal scorers in the history of the League.
In 1997 alone there were two - Marco Elcock, the QRC goal machine who scored 32, and the St Benedict's forward Kester Cornwall who hit one score and ten.
But it was Woodley who set the pace.
In the 36 years of the Colleges/Secondary Schools Football League, there have been more incisive dribblers and physically dominating personalities.  For instance, Wilfred Cave, the St Benedict's ace of the 1960s, had a more complete game.  But there have been few more single-minded marksmen.
Woodley also showed that having your wits about you makes you just as deadly a weapon in the penalty area.
"I think I was able to outsmart a lot of defenders," he says.  "My style was to play on their weakness."
He played in a side which, in his worlds, "from '70 to now was the best team St Mary's ever produced in terms of quality and all-round performance."
Keith LookLoy was his trusted captain sweeping at the back.  And from midfield and the wings, Woodley got good services from the likes of Neil Williams, Keston Nancoo and Tony Jobes.
But his real inspiration was a past maser, Alvin Henderson.
Henderson provided the goal power when the Saints won Intercol in 1968.  Woodley was then the understudy.
And when he left the scene in '69, Henderson carried with him a CIC record of 29 in one season.
"Every year I was running second fiddle to him and when he was leaving, I told him I would break his record," Woodley says.  "I felt I had to break it."
But there were a few jitters.
"When I saw I was reaching the target, I went through a dry spell, like a one-goal, a one-goal and I got worried," he recalls.
But get 30 Woodley did, plus four more.
The following year, the story was different.  As Woodley puts it he was "a marked man."
Instead of 30-odd goals, what he got was "some good, good kick!"
In short, Woodley's happy hunting season was over.  But the vivid memories of that glorious 1970 season of Woodley power lives on.

WOODLEY'S HATTRICKS:

3 v Tranquillity in league win
3 v Belmont, North Zone Intercol
3 v Fatima in 3-0 league win
3 v San Fernando Technical in 4-0 league win
3 v Tranquillity in Intercol
3 v Belmont in 3-2 Barclay's trophy semifinal

THE TIMOTHY HAYNES RECORD:

(1985) 24 (League), 3 (Intercol), 13 (Big Seven): 40

GAME-BY-GAME:

1 v San Juan
4 v Malick
3 v Barataria
1 v St Augustine
6 v Presentation
2 v San Juan
4 v Presentation
1 v Barataria
2 v St Augustine

BIG SEVEN

4 v Signal Hill
2 v St Mary's
4 v Siparia
1 v John D
1 v San Juan
1 v San Fernando Tech

INTERCOL

1 v San Juan
1 v San Juan (replay)
1 v St Augustine (East final)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:37:30 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 07:42:10 AM »
Thanks Tallman,,, good work Flex........

Impressive work, the pro league should hire you..

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 08:51:51 AM »
Yeah Flex...real men is dissappear after college. I now see Travis Sobers, who was the main man on that QRC team , playing for the Cininnatti Kings

www.cincinnatikings.com

...and i wondered what happened to Marco because i think they both went away to college together.

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 11:37:24 AM »
With all that talant why is Jason Cudjoe on W.Connection  bench? check
he background another good one gone to waste. 

I see he is now playing fuh PLIPDECO Caroni in de National Super League.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »
Yeah Flex...real men is dissappear after college. I now see Travis Sobers, who was the main man on that QRC team , playing for the Cininnatti Kings

www.cincinnatikings.com

...and i wondered what happened to Marco because i think they both went away to college together.

What happened to Marco?  Marco happened to Marco.  The man was a defender all along, left back, sweeper, a part time midfielder then all of a sudden in an experiment QRC try him up front and he had some success.  Now this success was against poor opposition and bad defenders in the SSFL in Trinidad.  Most of these "defenders" (quotes intentional) in the Secondary Schools Football League were for the most part smaller, slower, or weaker than Marco.

Fast Forward to Wright State...

Now gentlemen, the average US defender in college is a big, strong, fit white boy.  Not speedy but fast enough.  Not skillful but proficient in the basics.

Alright.

With that being said, the reason that Trini, Jamaican and African attackers enjoy some success in the US colleges is that they are skillfull.  You CANNOT push and run past the average defender in US College ball.  You have to beat him.  And he will rush in again, and you have to beat him again... and so on.  Marco went Wright State thinking he is a big forward.  He was always a push and run man, and not a blazing fast one at that.  That eh working in the US boss.  So he did not start as a Freshman.  As a matter of fact he hardly played.  Sophmore year same thing.  Hardly any playing time.  All this time Travis was heating up the place along with another Trini called Rivers, Sterling I think.  People said that Marco refused to humble himself and contribute by playing in the back or somewhere else.

I think he scored about 5 goals in his entire Wright State career.  Tallman, yuh could check that?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 12:36:22 PM »
Yeah what happen to that youth they quote earlier?  KESTER CORNWALL from Benedicts, we used to call him Blacks, because he was real dark but he was thunda boy.  I play against him in South zone of the SSFL. What ever become of that man? He had real skill and great composure on the ball man and as you could see, he could score too.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 01:16:57 PM »

www.cincinnatikings.com

What happened to Marco?  Marco happened to Marco.  The man was a defender all along, left back, sweeper, a part time midfielder then all of a sudden in an experiment QRC try him up front and he had some success.  Now this success was against poor opposition and bad defenders in the SSFL in Trinidad.  Most of these "defenders" (quotes intentional) in the Secondary Schools Football League were for the most part smaller, slower, or weaker than Marco.

Fast Forward to Wright State...

Now gentlemen, the average US defender in college is a big, strong, fit white boy.  Not speedy but fast enough.  Not skillful but proficient in the basics.

Alright.

With that being said, the reason that Trini, Jamaican and African attackers enjoy some success in the US colleges is that they are skillfull.  You CANNOT push and run past the average defender in US College ball.  You have to beat him.  And he will rush in again, and you have to beat him again... and so on.  Marco went Wright State thinking he is a big forward.  He was always a push and run man, and not a blazing fast one at that.  That eh working in the US boss.  So he did not start as a Freshman.  As a matter of fact he hardly played.  Sophmore year same thing.  Hardly any playing time.  All this time Travis was heating up the place along with another Trini called Rivers, Sterling I think.  People said that Marco refused to humble himself and contribute by playing in the back or somewhere else.

I think he scored about 5 goals in his entire Wright State career.  Tallman, yuh could check that?

thats the same story i heard bout elcock. also heard some other stories as well but it would be irresponsible for me to talk bout that since i havent seen him or spoken to him in years!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kester Cornwall
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 01:38:44 PM »
Yeah what happen to that youth they quote earlier?  KESTER CORNWALL from Benedicts, we used to call him Blacks, because he was real dark but he was thunda boy.  I play against him in South zone of the SSFL. What ever become of that man? He had real skill and great composure on the ball man and as you could see, he could score too.

I eh know who he currently playing with, but last season he played with Starworld Strikers in de PFL. He was supposed to have a trial with the MetroStars in January 2004, but he couldn't go because he got injured. He trained wit de senior team back in 2003 when Fevrier was in charge, but never earned a cap.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 02:09:33 PM »
Thanks they Tallman.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile