March 28, 2024, 02:11:05 AM

Author Topic: Maturana names his squad for England clash.  (Read 18349 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names his squad for England clash.
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 02:01:52 PM »
ah hope dah spanish man know wuh he doin in trute

de only way I could see dis workin out good is if he plan to spike to english team water cooler wit babash

good plan :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »
You gotta be flickin shitting me...

Someone from the university of southern connecticut got called up for this game? We're not playing american samoa.

Hyland is selected even though he has no club

Jan Michael Williams playing regularly for Sheff Utd?

Telesford at Puerto Rico? He just signed and hasnt been playing much.

Sancho, Avery, Scotland, Spann and Birchall must really be in the doghouse if these guys are selected before them. Now you can definetly say there is a blacklist and all the reasons Maturana gave for not including people like Birchall was complete bullshit. Im tired of the lies, and disappointed that our new coach is in on the lying game, as well.

btw Fuentes couldnt even list the club for Darryl Roberts? How unprofessional and sloppy is that

We're collecting 8 in our arse

De 'someone' is a D-II first-team All-American. Buh that shouldn't matter ... this game is less about labels and more about how one shows. Apparently he shows.

Secondly, I am yet to hear/read Maturana making any pronouncement on Birchall. 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
You gotta be flickin shitting me...

Someone from the university of southern connecticut got called up for this game? We're not playing american samoa.

Hyland is selected even though he has no club

Jan Michael Williams playing regularly for Sheff Utd?

Telesford at Puerto Rico? He just signed and hasnt been playing much.

Sancho, Avery, Scotland, Spann and Birchall must really be in the doghouse if these guys are selected before them. Now you can definetly say there is a blacklist and all the reasons Maturana gave for not including people like Birchall was complete bullshit. Im tired of the lies, and disappointed that our new coach is in on the lying game, as well.

btw Fuentes couldnt even list the club for Darryl Roberts? How unprofessional and sloppy is that

We're collecting 8 in our arse

De 'someone' is a D-II first-team All-American. Buh that shouldn't matter ... this game is less about labels and more about how one shows. Apparently he shows.

Secondly, I am yet to hear/read Maturana making any pronouncement on Birchall. 

is always corneal talking, i doh think i ever hear maturana talk yuh know.
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »
What happen to Julius James ?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »

aye, i forget about he yes.
Youtube Channel

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »
Whats d worst that could happen verses England .Now if d man get a positive result everybody will say he is a master tactician ,but d man givin d youth a chance.Givin the local players this international exposure will only improve our standard of play.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »
Here wuz my problem eh..

Is no scene if yuh going and try the youths and dem..

if that is the stated policy then all well and good..

But if that is the case, then why yuh hadda leave man like Birchall, Scotland, Glenn, Avery and company out in the cold without a clue as to what the methodology is??

Yuh mean to say, yuh cyah give ah man ah call and say:

"Hear what nuh Scotty. Oigame for ah second.. Right now we looking for de best combinations and giving men some opportunities, but we want you to know that you in de pool and we know what you could do. Congrats on your player of the year, golden boot and league championship by de way eh hombre.. Adios amigo"

"Birchall.. We know what yuh could do and we go be looking for you to play a big part in de future.. Ah did see the tapes of your golazos and me gusta mucho... But right now we giving Hyland a run so that when de time come, we go have a big squad to choose from.. Gracias Gringo"

I could live with that man, it have ah proper way to do things.. the way them going about it make me feel like dem fellahs not in the man plans altogether.

Anyway my starting lineup:

Ince

K. Smith     Lawrence   Telesford   A. Edwards

Edwards    Whitley    Hyland      Daniel

Jones      Stern

but i have my doubts about whether Stern and Jones can play together. Also how Farrier come out from nowhere and overtake Julius James just so?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 04:20:14 PM »
Also how Farrier come out from nowhere and overtake Julius James just so?

Well is about 2 or 3 times Julius get call, and for one reason or de other he eh show up yet, plus he eh get ah sweat for TFC yet, so he hadda hold tight.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »
Interesting squad- will be nice to see the locals try to test their wits against the Brits & get a taste of where they need to be to compete against World Class opposition.....but I think we're in for a long long & very rough day in this one.....like Maturana's spirit though.....investing in the youth.

If we concede less than 4, I consider it a moral victory.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »
Also how Farrier come out from nowhere and overtake Julius James just so?

Well is about 2 or 3 times Julius get call, and for one reason or de other he eh show up yet, plus he eh get ah sweat for TFC yet, so he hadda hold tight.

BINGO!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »
If we can keep the score down to 6-0 Iwould see it as a good result for us but if England takes this game serious it could be 8 or 9.Ijust hope that doesn't happen.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »
all this talk about 6 and 7 and 9 goals, stueps alyuh feel is facking Jamaica England playing ah what stueps. talk some positive stuff nah, it bad enough aready. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:00:45 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »
I like K. Smith but allyuh not worried about his speed?..allyuh brave considering the speed we coming up against.

Triniman....if I remember correctly it had look like Connel and Daniel were interchanging lil bit in the Grenada game....ending of the game.

Gay confidence/fitness definitely improving since his first game.  He coming along fast and look like he doing good bit of work.

C Ince
Cupid        Thomas      Tallest       Farrier
Carlos        Whitley      Hyland      Daniel
Stern   Kenwyne

Gay,Roberts on for both fwds...wonder if coach will start one of them instead of the 2 regulars
Latas and Dwight should play 2nd half or 1st?  England might be bringing on 5 subs in 2nd half so the 1st half might be the more serious half...better test unless we have the game close going into the 2nd half.
Carlos mightn play whole game either.
I find our wing backs giving the opposition plenty real estate...doh know if that is their decision or playing to instructions but if that is the plan   :nailbiting:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »
Ah was coming on dis thread to real cuss (show my displeasure) in extension and connection to Jason Scotland getting dropped and de fact dat ah really feal Jack still have he hand in it and probably tellin de coach replace dem fellas with locals if yuh can... (dat is a whole different story right dey because maybe he right)anyway, Ah slow meh horses though when ah see a midfield of Keon daniel, Edwards, Whitley and hyland.... Now is not dat dat is a great midfield but with Carlos on one flank and Daniel on de next ah start to soften up a bit. Personally ah think that Birchall can take de place of Hyland ah see Hyland play Ash Wednesday... but short of dat I dont know who else ah taking out of dat midfield.. Now we onto de Forward line... Scotty get drop.. Ah feelin bad because 1. De man real ball dis year and is due de promotion as he has always been second fiddle to de likes of Yorke and Stern (kinda like Shaka and Ince) but I also know dat scotty has an eccentric way of play and as a coach is either it works for you or it doesnt. We still have Kenwayne and Stern upfront so is not like Pancho completely off he rockers. And when Kenwayne was in trouble dey call Stern who also had a magnificent season so again de reasoning is justifiable.  Onto de defence now. We defence always had issues even though De WC bunch was probably de best since de dam strike squad...Lawrence and Telesford are back in de fold and ah not sure dat avery still has what it takes.. (havent seen him play recently) Cyd gray and Sancho both did well in de WC I dont know whats up with Cyd and form and Sancho outta fitness (supposedly) so in retrospect ah realise ah go have to save meh cussin for until after de game at least because de level of play (not de result) will tell if Pancho is a mad scientist or just a madman... 

Pancho... Ah rooting for yuh... If yuh didnt just come up with de best mix and yuh only gave into pressure from JW, as de level of play will tell (not just de results), It aint go be no cake walk round these parts.  We go start to put some pressure on yuh ass. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 07:15:14 PM »
ah though the Jack invited Yorke and latas ... it would be interesting to see if Jack will change this squad to include them.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:04 PM »
Gracias Gringo"

lord have mercy...:rotfl: You couldn't say MiMama instead? Omar dread, you have real points dey, but I not saying a word anymore. Nuff men seem to have de attitude "Let de man pick who he picking and do he job and we go shut the **** up right?."
Fair enough, but when Pacho contract up and is we to ketch in whatever situation we find weself, I doh want to hear nothing from nobody...

If England come here to curry favour they ent going and beat nobody no 6-0, whether they capable of it or not. Capello go ring in subs like mad if they cruising at the half. Way to experiment and avoid injuries while looking like you actually concerned about what going on on the field. Dis 'moral victory' talk ent worth a cent.

Anyway, as I said, I concerned about Bermuda and beyond.
I can't logically say that it ent no scene if KJ ent sweat and then get on all ignant about poor Scotty getting cut, unfortunately. I go worry what going on by the time September reach, cause mark my words, this will be one hard no ass semi group. We could get 6 points from the first two matches in the semis and still get squeeze out of going to the hex by Guatemala, if Cuba end up getting bobolise from everybody.

So I staying quiet. But I still keeping the black shirt on though.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Trinishottaz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 07:29:26 PM »
Maturana  is flickin assssssssssssss if u doe like that thaz yuh blasted business we goin n get 6 in we ass . is ENGLAND we playin not barbados , grenada or none of them shit side.man who ent even playin with a club get pick n they ent pick scotty

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »
oh god let the man lose more games than he won to start critizing him nah.  allyuh trini worst than them new yorkers we :rotfl: . Isn't Maturana undefeated?
  :applause:

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names his squad for England clash
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 11:47:02 PM »
My 18 and Starting XI

GOALKEEPERS
1.Clayton Ince - Walsall FC
2.Jan Michael Williams - Sheffield United

DEFENDERS
4.Kareem Smith - United Petrotrin
7.Makan Hislop - United Petrotrin
9.Dennis Lawrence - Swansea City FC
11. Ancil Farrier- University Of Southern Connecticut
12. Aklie Edwards – Defence Force
13. Osei Telesford – Puerto Rico Highlanders

MIDFIELDERS
14.Aurtis Whitley – W Connection
15.Keon Daniel - United Petrotrin
17.Khaleem Hyland - Unattached
18.Kevon Carter - Defence Force
19.Carlos Edwards - Sunderland
20.Kevaughn Connell - French based

FORWARDS
23.Jamal Gay - Under 20s
24.Stern John- Southampton
25.Kenwyne Jones- Sunderland
26.Darryl Roberts – Dutch-based

Starting XI:

C.Ince

K.Smith
O.Telesford
D.Lawrence
A.Edwards

C.Edwards
A.Whitley
K.Hyland
K.Daniel

S.John
K.Jones

Subs: JM.Williams....M.Hislop...A.Farrier....K.Carter...K.Connell...J.Gay..D.Roberts

*I pick Gay cuz Forbes style is similar to Stern and Roberts...Gay is a target man like KJ..

Starting XI i will kill someone for:

K.Jack(even though we safe with Ince..i just prefer Jack)

C.Gray...get Fit!!!...With Smith/Cupid/Spann/Atiba Charles as cover
D.Lawrence
B.Sancho or M.Andrews...either or one starting one on the bench....With J.James/Hislop/Telesford/A.Pierre as cover
A.John...with A.Edwards/A.Farrier/A.Adams as cover

C.Edwards.....with Kerry Baptiste/Tinto/Carter as cover
A.Whitley
C.Birchall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with Hyland/Theobald/Spann as cover for the CM's
K.Daniel/K.Connell....with C.Samuel as cover

S.John
K.Jones ....with Roberts and Scotty as cover for the Strikers

just making a comment on what ya woulda like to see. Lemme hear what ya tink

now....in my opinion...i see no need in a Cyd gray, c. Samuel, m. andrews and a. john at this stage
all a dem could get d axe in my books
nothing against them...think is time to develop new fellas...
maybe Avery could come back but the others...aint seeing it... Samuel REAL boil down since that WC ...eh know whas his scene

i see  Forbes play only once ...i tink he deserve a shot though
we have REAL talent there..not sayin he hadda get a 45mins but go be good to bring along some a dem younger fellas like roberts, forbes etc

but with all that said. TT NEEDS to play more friendlies jed...even if is not a official FIFA friendly date..
i keep sayin it and will say it again. It cannot be that hard to get a game against the likes of:

Venezuela(aye they playin in a hard no ass zone and should be around our level competitively. and they always put up a fight when we play them. Literally and figuratively. lol)

Bolivia...play them in bolivia at altitude...cause ya know we gonna play side like mexico (not sure if Costa rica and guatemala and dem is do d same ting..???) goin to play us at that level

Peru . not the cream of the crop but they will provide much better opposition than side like Guyana and barbados
hadda play better sides to improve....a lil test good every now and then...

honduras, Canada, Cuba---sides who seem to be improvin more and more.

and all these sides within close proximity to us...unlike goin to europe or england to play side...
and it might be a nice experience to go England and play some club sides to get accustom to that kinda environment....but is club sides! get real...

somebody on the board.....go and apply for a wok in TTFF and see if ya get a position in the mgm't team or soemthing...cause dem decisions to keep play much lower caribbean opposition could give us a false sense of our level of play.
Even if we play a Peru and get liks...so what...play dem d next week like a home and away friendly kinda vibe

what ya tink?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »
definetly we opposition recently has been smaller outfits. so from dis England game de real measuring up start.  Ah cya wait to see dat game.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 04:45:11 AM »

He was callled twice but never came, one was through injury, so why should he be called now ? time waits for no one, he will get his chance again down the road.

BY THE WAY !!!!!!!

Fuentes really know how to spice things up so when England look at T&T squad they will feel ok about having a few overseas professionals on it. Jan Michael Williams (Sheffield United)...  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Didn't know Jan Michal played in England, I thought he was keeping fit at some third division team in Belgium. Where we wasn't getting any playing time either.

No offence, Shaun cool, but the fake reports will not cut it. If I am wrong, forgive me Mr Fuentes.

Who the hell is Puerto Rico Highlanders ? I thought it was Islanders.....  :rotfl:

And isn't Darryl Roberts unattached....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:47:34 AM by Sando »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »
Maturana names his squad for England clash.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Francisco Maturana has called up a squad of twenty-six players to prepare for the upcoming friendly international against England carded for the Hasely Crawford Stadium on June 1.........

.... Of this initial group of twenty-six (26), a final squad of eighteen (18) shall be named on May 27th to go into camp along with the technical staff for final preparations. We would like to express our appreciation for the loyalty shown by our local fans in the past few home friendly games and we look forward to that continued support as the National Team continues its journey. The Soca Warriors are currently unbeaten in 8 straight matches.

The England National team, for which a provisional squad has already been named, will arrive here on May 29 following its departure out of Luton.

Provisional Squad List for T&T vs England.

Goalkeepers[/b]

1.Clayton Ince - Walsall FC
2.Jan Michael Williams – Sheffield United
3.Marvin Phillip – W Connection

Defenders
4.Kareem Smith – United Petrotrin
5.Kern Cupid – W Connection
6.Keyeno Thomas – Joe Public
7.Makan Hislop – United Petrotrin
8.Anton Pierre – Defence Force
9.Dennis Lawrence – Swansea City FC
10.Akeem Adams – W Connection
11.Ancil Farrier – University Of Southern Connecticut
12.Akile Edwards – Defence Force
13.Osei Telesford – Puerto Rico Highlanders

Midfielders
14.Aurtis Whitley – W Connection
15.Keon Daniel – United Petrotrin
16.Ataullah Guerra – San Juan Jabloteh
17.Khaleem Hyland – Unattached
18.Kevon Carter – Defence Force
19.Carlos Edwards – Sunderland
20.Kevaughn Connell – l'Entente SSG
21.Stephan David – Caledonia AIA

Forwards
22.Jerol Forbes – United Petrotrin
23.Jamal Gay – Under 20s
24.Stern John – Southampton
25.Kenwyne Jones – Sunderland
26.Darryl Roberts – Dutch-based

One thing about Maturana is that he seems to have  respect for local talent that shows potential and probably an eye for that special li'l yout' who needs that break to blossom big. The way he latch on to, for example, Guerra, who is obviously something special with his touch on the ball but easily prone to become an outcast to some, says to me that he is about football with no obvious bias. Papa Cornmeal especially would probably have had nothing to do wit' he, as Papa, and to a lesser extent, son, seem to be, sorry to say this, somewhat star struck by the more "socially acceptable" college boys who hit de US circuit. This is a good combination of L'il Cornmeal and Francisco, so some credit to Anton. Telesford is de future, a Sancho type defender wit' some "defensive general" characteristics and comfortable wit' de ball at his feet. The wing backs obviously have some talent and it's a decent gamble to see how they can cope with a (much) higher level of play. Probably more conservative experimenting will occur at the all important do-or-die World Cup qualifiers. One thing worries me though is a player that has a reputation for being "slow"  in defense. To me that is a trait with a no-win scenario. Sad. I eh go mention names right now as ah need to see it again wit' meh own 2 eye.

Well, Anton can get more respect if he shows some more courtesy to some of the players who waiting fuh a calll with baited breath and who bracing for the expected TTFF-led persecution/blacklist. Just to say, breds we eh fuhget yuh eh, doh fret.. everybody go get a chance depending on de strategic need at the time......someting so nah.

Anyhow, good luck Warriors. The TT Proleague will be very well boosted by this.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 05:21:14 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2008, 05:42:15 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2008, 06:06:09 PM »
AS much as I am disappointed with Birchall not getting a call up, it reinforces one thing.  We have a deeper pool of talent than previously thought and anyone who play lazy getting ditched.  Look at the names not being used:  Birchall, Julius James, Scott Sealy, Randi Patterson, Densil Theobald, Silvio Spann, Avery John, Kelvin Jack.  And if Maturana mess up with his picks, we can string him up.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 09:38:06 PM »
And Bleeder drop case against TTFF, Jacko make he Captain and now he get dropped.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Karma is ah BIATCH!

......and de congregation say Amen (sorry truetrini ;D)..

...ah know it had another reason ah doh like him. How could I forget besides not doing nutten to deserve being on de team, he jump ship on the others like a snake when push come to shove..... >:(

Whey yuh kiffy??.... 
Sugar, one day yuh goh be able to appreciate good football.....Ah cyah blame yuh right now cause yuh is ah female.........  But yuh aint see de last ah Bleedah...trust meh

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
AS much as I am disappointed with Birchall not getting a call up, it reinforces one thing.  We have a deeper pool of talent than previously thought and anyone who play lazy getting ditched.  Look at the names not being used:  Birchall, Julius James, Scott Sealy, Randi Patterson, Densil Theobald, Silvio Spann, Avery John, Kelvin Jack.  And if Maturana mess up with his picks, we can string him up.
Yeh am looking at the names not being used (the ones I highlighted) and based on recent performances I know why (and most of us know why) they aint being used

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 10:08:31 PM »
Warning long post ahead.

Ah WC 2006 squad vs the up and coming and fringe players would be interesting. I was one who was all for mixing the foreign based with the locals but I start watching Maturana sessions and realize something. The man teaching them players basics in training. I see screening, defensive positioning and finishing drills. Maybe this bunch in time will be more technically and tactically sound than the current crop we have. I think Maturana woulda make a boss youth coach. All the players Maturana has not picked we have all found faults with them during their games.

Birchie is a man I respect and his bullets up there with some of the best memories I have of the team however men here couldn't finish cry down the man for his passing. His work rate high and he was our Gattuso, a role plenty people does overlook, however he turned over the ball to frequently after breaking up the play.

Scotland first touch leaves something to be desired. I still think he hasn't been truly tested yet. In the games I have seen him in a TnT kit he didn't have an impact. Too me Patterson has had more of an impact than Scotland. That being said doh ask meh how much game I see Scotland in. ;D

Spann I have no comment on.

Cyd I ain't sure if his foot out of cast but I sure he not match fit and he not getting younger.

Avery, nuff man here call him a wild man and heart in they mouth when he playing. Plus he not guaranteed match fit.

Sancho if match fit I would still put in front of the young fellas but I am no judge of talent so maybe Maturana think with games some of the young fellas would be better.

In closing men need to remember Cyd and Medford and Cyd in the Gold Cup. Left to us he woulda never smell the side after those performances.

Just like how some didn't like Beenie and still hating on him I think with Maturana the proof will be in the pudding. Only time will tell whether or not he is the real deal. Unfortunately time is the one thing we don't have.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:15:04 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
If we can keep the score down to 6-0 Iwould see it as a good result for us but if England takes this game serious it could be 8 or 9.Ijust hope that doesn't happen.

England doh beat side bad. And they always play shit against smaller teams. Plus, based on the makeup of the squad and the proximity of the two games including travelling time, I taking a gander that Fabio using the A-side against the USA and let the fringe players play aganst us. However, if the A-side still not performing well after the USA game, that is when he will probably make minimal changes against us and we will see the A-team.

Then again, what is an A-team and B-team when Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves and either Frank Lampard or Gareth Barry not starting
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2008, 10:35:27 PM »
Warning long post ahead.

Ah WC 2006 squad vs the up and coming and fringe players would be interesting. I was one who was all for mixing the foreign based with the locals but I start watching Maturana sessions and realize something. The man teaching them players basics in training. I see screening, defensive positioning and finishing drills. Maybe this bunch in time will be more technically and tactically sound than the current crop we have. I think Maturana woulda make a boss youth coach. All the players Maturana has not picked we have all found faults with them during their games.

Birchie is a man I respect and his bullets up there with some of the best memories I have of the team however men here couldn't finish cry down the man for his passing. His work rate high and he was our Gattuso, a role plenty people does overlook, however he turned over the ball to frequently after breaking up the play.

Scotland first touch leaves something to be desired. I still think he hasn't been truly tested yet. In the games I have seen him in a TnT kit he didn't have an impact. Too me Patterson has had more of an impact than Scotland. That being said doh ask meh how much game I see Scotland in. ;D

Spann I have no comment on.

Cyd I ain't sure if his foot out of cast but I sure he not match fit and he not getting younger.

Avery, nuff man here call him a wild man and heart in they mouth when he playing. Plus he not guaranteed match fit.

Sancho if match fit I would still put in front of the young fellas but I am no judge of talent so maybe Maturana think with games some of the young fellas would be better.

In closing men need to remember Cyd and Medford and Cyd in the Gold Cup. Left to us he woulda never smell the side after those performances.

Just like how some didn't like Beenie and still hating on him I think with Maturana the proof will be in the pudding. Only time will tell whether or not he is the real deal. Unfortunately time is the one thing we don't have.
Good post and it make sense and make me feel better too ,cause I starting to feel we go get like 8 .But one thing with the things men cry down about the missing warriors as you said ,These new players could make the same mistake as them with out bringing to the table their great attributes.e.g they go give way the ball  like Birchie ,but eint go have his shot or tackling .

Also if I remember correctly when this coach get the job .His bio said when he got the Colombian job ,he cause controversy when he mostly selected his own players and not the old proven players ....eint ,so I think he has a track record of this can somebody confirm,I beleive he chose players from his club side .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
I believe the coach between ah rock and ah stiff c@ck if yuh ask me. 1st off) he has to follow at least some of jack's request and doesn't have the liberty to do as pleased.

2nd) remember what papa jack said when he decided to come down to earth and deal with the black list, let me remind allyuh.

he said i'm not going to need the sevices of the older warriors since they past their prime or something to that effect, he went on to say , just a few of the younger players that went to germany and the local youths would make up the team. did allyuh forget!!! so don't blame the coach.

remember the coach has a boss!!and his name is jackular!!!!

the man working with what he's got, and i think he's doing a fine job.

ah next thing. ancil farrier from what i heard played the left back better than any other left back we've had in yrs, even better than akile edwards, from the reports i've got on radio and from fellas who saw the game.

I like this team for England.

INCE.

C.  EDWARDS          O. TELESFORD    D. LAWRENCE.          A. FARRIER

D. ROBERTS             K.   HYLAND           A.   WHITLEY       K.   CONNEL

S.  JOHN                K.    JONES.

SUBS:    K.   DANIEL.    A. GUERRA.    J.  GAY.    K. THOMAS.    k. CARTER.     A. EDWARDS.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:46:39 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>