March 28, 2024, 11:26:21 AM

Author Topic: Maturana names his squad for England clash.  (Read 18356 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names his squad for England clash.
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2008, 03:43:19 AM »
And Bleeder drop case against TTFF, Jacko make he Captain and now he get dropped.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Karma is ah BIATCH!

......and de congregation say Amen (sorry truetrini ;D)..

...ah know it had another reason ah doh like him. How could I forget besides not doing nutten to deserve being on de team, he jump ship on the others like a snake when push come to shove..... >:(

Whey yuh kiffy??.... 
Sugar, one day yuh goh be able to appreciate good football.....Ah cyah blame yuh right now cause yuh is ah female.........  But yuh aint see de last ah Bleedah...trust meh

......alright now that you've shown yourself to be an absolute ididot I done wid you......and as for Bleeder coming back....I just can't wait, de excitement killing mih!!!.... ::) ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 03:49:08 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2008, 07:38:34 AM »

ah next thing. ancil farrier from what i heard played the left back better than any other left back we've had in yrs, even better than akile edwards, from the reports i've got on radio and from fellas who saw the game.

Need to see some more of him against better opposition but it looking that way....not sure about best in years yet eh but looking very promising with his passing and speed.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
I believe the coach between ah rock and ah stiff c@ck if yuh ask me.

What de ??? Thank god we didn't ask you eh... pressure

JC doh take it on eh, but is the first time I hearing that one and ah nearly fall off mih chair when I read it...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »
......alright now that you've shown yourself to be an absolute ididot I done wid you......and as for Bleeder coming back....I just can't wait, de excitement killing mih!!!.... ::) ::)

Lmao....aye, I see dat last night eh... and ah was going and ask Spliffy "so, because she's ah woman she cyah appreciate good football?".  Ah say yuh know what, de two ah dem juss messing wid each other, lemme hush.

Oh gawd, Spliffy yuh go kill we  :rotfl:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2008, 01:03:27 PM »
I believe the coach between ah rock and ah stiff c@ck if yuh ask me.

What de ??? Thank god we didn't ask you eh... pressure

JC doh take it on eh, but is the first time I hearing that one and ah nearly fall off mih chair when I read it...
Doh shoot the messenger eh. dat one came from ah old trinidadian from curepe who's been living in america since the devil was a little boy.

as a matter of fact, he happens to be one of massefae's good friends (if yuh don't know who massefae is, he's an old legend from the east, like baddest maraj, battalal, and santa). any way that came from them old timers i used to play cards with in brooklyn.                     positive.

PS:   more importantly, what yuh think about the team i selected. i like daryl roberts in the midfield in an attacking position, and carlos could play the right back better than anyone ah dem rookies.

ah willing to bet after this game  d. roberts,K. daniel if he plays and guerra as well will land contracts in england. also whitley.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 01:11:31 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
Guerra hasn't started in the recent games...coming on as a sub last 2 games.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »
Doh shoot the messenger eh. dat one came from ah old trinidadian from curepe who's been living in america since the devil was a little boy.

as a matter of fact, he happens to be one of massefae's good friends (if yuh don't know who massefae is, he's an old legend from the east, like baddest maraj, battalal, and santa).
Mastifey Mastifey, meet me down by de croisee, Cutouter cutouter meet me down by Green Corner... I is one youth know mih trini mythology...

PS:   more importantly, what yuh think about the team i selected. i like daryl roberts in the midfield in an attacking position, and carlos could play the right back better than anyone ah dem rookies.
If connell look as good as people say on de left, I like you team. I just have two reservations. What is Telesford best position? He start off as a central defender and now he playind d-mid for TNT and the Islanders. I never see him in the back, so I don't know.

You a brave man to put Carlos back in the back once again after complaining that Avery getting send off deprive us of our best attacking option going forward against Sweden.I suppose is one way of dealing with the defensive problems on the flank if you have confidence in Roberts ability on the wing. I rate him (Roberts) a lot as a player, but I never see him on the wing. However, if men say that is where Sparta does play him, It good to go.
The real question mark is Hyland. I not half as impressed with him as most people seem to be, but I only see him in one game where the team as a whole was globally bad with only 2 exceptions. I would keep Tallman behind him.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2008, 04:16:42 PM »

ah willing to bet after this game  d. roberts,K. daniel if he plays and guerra as well will land contracts in england. also whitley.

Here we go again...just like after W.C. all our players were going to get contracts overseas.....A little naive innit?...

Hope yuh right though ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »
keon daniel need to play in central mid
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »
I feel they go play a 4-5-1. And if so, you might get your wish. I could see Daniel in de middle with a midfield five and Connell on left wing.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2008, 06:19:28 AM »

Lmao....aye, I see dat last night eh... and ah was going and ask Spliffy "so, because she's ah woman she cyah appreciate good football?".  Ah say yuh know what, de two ah dem juss messing wid each other, lemme hush.

Oh gawd, Spliffy yuh go kill we  :rotfl:

Ah really wanted to give him 2 Larry Achong, but ah decide nah ah goh leave de wajang behaviour to de Parliamentarians.....dem have de market cornered on dat.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »
See Daniel and Hyland possibly coming on as subs in midfield...Connel will start on the left, Carter on the right, and Whitley will start in the middle with Roberts (we know that Roberts is very capable of playing in the midfield)..Now keep in mind that Carlos played alot of games as a defender in the right back position for T&T hence the reason why I think Carter may start in the midfield (Carter has been playing really well for the national team in the right wing position)..But if Maturana start Carlos on the right wing then Carter will most likely start on the bench.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:32:27 AM by Sando prince »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
NO Birchall!
NO SAMUEL!
NO SEALY!
NO CORNEL GLEN!
NO Scottie
NO Sancho

NO WIN!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2008, 02:54:11 PM »
NO Birchall!
NO SAMUEL!
NO SEALY!
NO CORNEL GLEN!
NO Scottie
NO Sancho

NO WIN!

Give the youths ah chance. Remember latapy and yorke started at a tender age , and doh tell meh them men was extra special.                                  positive
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »
NO Birchall!
NO SAMUEL!
NO SEALY!
NO CORNEL GLEN!
NO Scottie
NO Sancho

NO WIN!

Give the youths ah chance. Remember latapy and yorke started at a tender age , and doh tell meh them men was extra special.                                  positive
Dem men was extra special.

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »
It go be like dis:

Stern

Roberts

Connell                                                            Edwards

Whitley              Hyland

Farrrier                Lawrence               Hislop              Cupid

Ince

Subs: Jan,K.Daniel,Kenwyne,Gay,K.Thomas,Telesford,Guerra

I say this because.....

-He would want a holding Mid to play alongside Whitley and I do not see him starting David over Hyland.

-Daniel would come on for either Hyland or Connell.

-Telesford could come off the bench and slot in anywhere in defence or as holding mid.  He possibly could even start ahead of Hyland.  

-Kenwyne would come on in d 2nd half for Stern or Roberts.

Fellaz..wa alya tink?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »
It go be like dis:

Stern

Roberts

Connell                                                            Edwards

Whitley              Hyland

Farrrier                Lawrence               Hislop              Cupid

Ince

I say this because.....

-He would want a holding Mid to play alongside Whitley and I do not see him starting David over Hyland.

-Telesford could come off the bench and slot in anywhere in defence or as holding mid.  He possibly could even start ahead of Hyland. 

Fellaz..wa alya tink?

what i think?

kenwyne on de bench?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
omar....

dee man in soft cast....give him a bly nah.

He would play, but let him come on when Rio and Terry bun...and cah jump no more. :)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »
They mad to leave out Scotland, Roberst only in there because that is one of Corneal's cash cows.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
omar....

dee man in soft cast....give him a bly nah.

He would play, but let him come on when Rio and Terry bun...and cah jump no more. :)

Not an impossible scenario ... as far as a delayed entry, that is. No comment on formation.

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2008, 03:32:51 PM »
Yeh....I happy with the entire selection except dah one....Scottie should have been there.

But to be fair, Roberts need the exposure to play for T&T at a high INTERNATIONAL level as well....Scottie got the exposure in Gold Cup, WCQ and and World Cup.  We know what we gettin wit Scottie so his place I think is sealed for the upcoming WCQ.

Also his ommission indicates that Mataz only playin one striker so I doh mind after all.  He will get his chance. Let d youts get this lil bit of exposure that we could rarely give them...wah ya say?

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
They mad to leave out Scotland, Roberts only in there because that is one of Corneal's cash cows.
Roberts is there because he was playing and scoring in a top flight European league. Just because you don't follow the Dutch league, or because he doesn't have 20 threads dedicated to him, doesn't mean his pick is undeserved.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
It go be like dis:

Stern

Roberts

Connell                                                            Edwards

Whitley              Hyland

Farrrier                Lawrence               Hislop              Cupid

Ince

I say this because.....

-Telesford could come off the bench and slot in anywhere in defence or as holding mid.  He possibly could even start ahead of Hyland.  

Fellaz..wa alya tink?

the college boy start well yes !!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »
Trini_2010.....did you see the Barbados game?

Barbados was their biggest test(after Jamaica) and d yout look like on of the more complete left sided players I have seen play at left back for T&T.  I also like Akile Edwards(reliable and tidy)...but Farrier is a more complete player defensively and offensively.

Just take a look at the highlights of the Barbados game(see link below and scroll down to Tallman post wit d highlights).

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=35783.90

The yout rel involved going forward...and I think he solid and reliable as well as a defender.  Imagine for the first time, our left side go be rel strong(Farrier-Connel). Wat a ting.

Wa ya say?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »

Barbados was their biggest test(after Jamaica) and d yout look like on of the more complete left sided players I have seen play at left back for T&T.  I also like Akile Edwards(reliable and tidy)...but Farrier is a more complete player defensively and offensively.

Just take a look at the highlights of the Barbados game(see link below and scroll down to Tallman post wit d highlights).

The yout rel involved going forward...and I think he solid and reliable as well as a defender.  Imagine for the first time, our left side go be rel strong(Farrier-Connel). Wat a ting.

Wa ya say?

based on a game against barbados ?  well yes!1  i hope it eh ashley young that start

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »
Who ya rather....Farrier..Akile Edwards or CXC Form5 boy Akeem Adams.

Give d yout a chance....he showin rel potential.  The US colleges play at a decent level.....he will handle he stories.

Dey are all good players wit potential....but Farrier is a more complete player...daz jus my opinion....

triniwings.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

Wa ya say?

based on a game against barbados ?  well yes!1  i hope it eh ashley young that start
Ashley young is ah left winger, i've never seen him play on the right side before.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2008, 05:39:47 PM »
They mad to leave out Scotland, Roberts only in there because that is one of Corneal's cash cows.
Roberts is there because he was playing and scoring in a top flight European league. Just because you don't follow the Dutch league, or because he doesn't have 20 threads dedicated to him, doesn't mean his pick is undeserved.

If you only knew the real story behind Roberts you would never be saying that, how many goals did he score for Sparta? 7 is the answer and right now he's out of a contract and Sparta just finish above the drop zone, Corneal set up the contract and get big money now he is out of contract, he has to get caps to get another contract meaning more money for Corneal and since the beginning Corneal was the man scouting for and pcking the side for Maturana.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2008, 05:53:21 PM »

not to mention that roberts is a real hard worker. Scottie is a scorer but not a hard worker... 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

If you only knew the real story behind Roberts you would never be saying that, how many goals did he score for Sparta? 7 is the answer and right now he's out of a contract and Sparta just finish above the drop zone, Corneal set up the contract and get big money now he is out of contract, he has to get caps to get another contract meaning more money for Corneal and since the beginning Corneal was the man scouting for and pcking the side for Maturana.
How many goals did Kenwyne score for Sunderland and where did they finish in their league?

Corneal could set up what he want. If Roberts wasn't performing to the required level at Sparta, he wouldn't be getting games. And he has been getting games and starting consistently throughout the season. So, the fact remains he's a Eriedivisie standard player who has had reasonable success in that league. So his pick is deserved. Who make money off of it, me eh business.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:13:06 PM by Dry So »

1]; } ?>