March 28, 2024, 04:51:33 PM

Author Topic: Maturana names his squad for England clash.  (Read 18359 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Maturana names his squad for England clash.
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »
They mad to leave out Scotland, Roberts only in there because that is one of Corneal's cash cows.
Roberts is there because he was playing and scoring in a top flight European league. Just because you don't follow the Dutch league, or because he doesn't have 20 threads dedicated to him, doesn't mean his pick is undeserved.

If you only knew the real story behind Roberts you would never be saying that, how many goals did he score for Sparta? 7 is the answer and right now he's out of a contract and Sparta just finish above the drop zone, Corneal set up the contract and get big money now he is out of contract, he has to get caps to get another contract meaning more money for Corneal and since the beginning Corneal was the man scouting for and pcking the side for Maturana.
things that make you go
hhhmmmmmm  :thinking:
i was confused when he got released.
some body had a post of why they thought Roberts was released, but I cant find it as yet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:26:24 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »
They mad to leave out Scotland, Roberts only in there because that is one of Corneal's cash cows.
Roberts is there because he was playing and scoring in a top flight European league. Just because you don't follow the Dutch league, or because he doesn't have 20 threads dedicated to him, doesn't mean his pick is undeserved.

If you only knew the real story behind Roberts you would never be saying that, how many goals did he score for Sparta? 7 is the answer and right now he's out of a contract and Sparta just finish above the drop zone, Corneal set up the contract and get big money now he is out of contract, he has to get caps to get another contract meaning more money for Corneal and since the beginning Corneal was the man scouting for and pcking the side for Maturana.
Fatz the man score 7 this season, not total tally. if yuh looking for arguement then let meh oblige yuh. do you know the dutch league is one of the most prestigious leagues in the world, and Daryl was plying his trade on the highest level.

another thing, did you ever watch this youth play any national games ?  BC if you did you would see where he's a cut above the rest with a high work rate. don't talk too fast guy, watch the England game then get back to meh.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:20:25 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

Farrier against JA would be a good test.  I think of all the auditions at that spot he perform the best, all of them need to work on stuff and will be in the mix in the future for sure but I feel Farrier *might* be the most ready right now...England is a pretty big test though. He have the speed.
I not sure what going on with our wing backs giving so much space to the opposition. g tell meh they playing to instruction to be compact but that not looking right.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:56 AM »

How many goals did Kenwyne score for Sunderland and where did they finish in their league?

Corneal could set up what he want. If Roberts wasn't performing to the required level at Sparta, he wouldn't be getting games. And he has been getting games and starting consistently throughout the season. So, the fact remains he's a Eriedivisie standard player who has had reasonable success in that league. So his pick is deserved. Who make money off of it, me eh business.

Know your facts, for the last 2 months he got 2 starts and was substituted at halftime for the 2nd start then he played a sub role for the remainder of the season with his most mins being 30 so i guess he was a consistent sub and his last goal was on the 9th March
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »

How many goals did Kenwyne score for Sunderland and where did they finish in their league?

Corneal could set up what he want. If Roberts wasn't performing to the required level at Sparta, he wouldn't be getting games. And he has been getting games and starting consistently throughout the season. So, the fact remains he's a Eriedivisie standard player who has had reasonable success in that league. So his pick is deserved. Who make money off of it, me eh business.

Know your facts, for the last 2 months he got 2 starts and was substituted at halftime for the 2nd start then he played a sub role for the remainder of the season with his most mins being 30 so i guess he was a consistent sub and his last goal was on the 9th March
How does that make anything I said wrong?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008, 08:09:31 AM »
FATZ, I have a question.

Do you really think that you can compare the Eredevisie with League One?

Daryl Roberts is one of our better players.  He is playing in a high league and has a work rate that is 20 times higher than Jason Scotland's. 

It's true that Scotland scored a whole heap of goals and in my opinion he should be in the squad.  But the comparison and the justifications between him and Roberts are out of order.

Roberts starting/off the bench for a team in a league that is in the top 15 leagues in the world, and u want to compare that to league one? Are u serious?

As i said before, Maturana went to a Swansea game and saw the same thing that the section of Swansea fans have been booing for some time. A poor work ethic.  The coach knows what kind of players he wants in his team and i think at this point in time, he aint want to have Scotland and Stern John...........lol

nb: Kenwyne only scored 7 goals this season too. 

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2008, 04:45:09 PM »
FATZ, I have a question.

Daryl Roberts is one of our better players.  He is playing in a high league and has a work rate that is 20 times higher than Jason Scotland's. 

It's true that Scotland scored a whole heap of goals and in my opinion he should be in the squad.  But the comparison and the justifications between him and Roberts are out of order.

Roberts starting/off the bench for a team in a league that is in the top 15 leagues in the world, and u want to compare that to league one? Are u serious?

As i said before, Maturana went to a Swansea game and saw the same thing that the section of Swansea fans have been booing for some time. A poor work ethic.  The coach knows what kind of players he wants in his team and i think at this point in time, he aint want to have Scotland and Stern John...........lol

eredevisie is better than league one yes but Scotland still scored 26 goals and goals is goals in any competition because you still have to be able to score them and he was working fine enough and he deserved a pick more than Roberts because of the way Darryl got his pick. I'll just leave it to performance on the day and see what happens with whoever starts the England game then we could fight each other down and everybody else who decides to jump in the battle. I can't wait for the jabber after the match!!! To hear and see who have to eat their words. :rotfl: :rotfl:

n.b Kenwyne also had about or over 10 assists

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »
FATZ, I have a question.

eredevisie is better than league one yes but Scotland still scored 26 goals and goals is goals in any competition because you still have to be able to score them and he was working fine enough and he deserved a pick more than Roberts because of the way Darryl got his pick. I'll just leave it to performance on the day and see what happens with whoever starts the England game then we could fight each other down and everybody else who decides to jump in the battle. I can't wait for the jabber after the match!!! To hear and see who have to eat their words. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jermaine Beckford was right behind Scotty with 20. Ah waiting for his England call-up.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
FATZ, I have a question.

Jermaine Beckford was right behind Scotty with 20. Ah waiting for his England call-up.
Doh mind fatz nah cory, for some ppl seeing is believing.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 07:22:27 AM »
FATZ, I have a question.

Is this a trick question or are you that foolish? Don't even bother to reply because i'm done speaking about this topic

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:13 AM »
by the way to throw in my 2 cents I dont believe the Dutch league apart form the top three is that much better than league 1, I have seen some of the lower team games and they are shit !
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 07:54:24 AM »
by the way to throw in my 2 cents I dont believe the Dutch league apart form the top three is that much better than league 1, I have seen some of the lower team games and they are shit !
Try watching Yeovil vs. Hartlepool.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 08:02:53 AM »
yes exactly about the same level !

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Whatever the relationship between Anton and Roberts, it doh take rocket science to figure out that Roberts earn his place in that squad easy. Is the only forward we have in the group who competent (and accustomed) playing both midfield and/or the flank. If yuh watch him play the Jamaica game you 'll realise that until they decide to call back Birchall or one of the other fellas step up, he's the best thing we have to a workhorse, no disrespect to Whitley, who does a fairly good job at it, but has had too much weight put in his shoulders. Now I'm not saying that Roberts should or will play d-mid, just that he brings that energy and industry that a Me-mum is known for. and through it, can lift the whole team.

Nah, Roberts earn he pick. De only forward in that list who not suppose to be in front of Scotty, everybody know who it is and just fraid to say it because they doh want to knock a up and coming youthman.

However, if you accept the idea that, Gay there as the Anthony Wolfe/Theo Walcott type who going to be groomed to be the phenom for 2014, then the only man Scotty coulda replace in de forward line was Stern (on the basis of Stern age, not his ability nor form), because we all know that a fit KJ untouchable until the contrary is proven.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
Whatever the relationship between Anton and Roberts, it doh take rocket science to figure out that Roberts earn his place in that squad easy. Is the only forward we have in the group who competent (and accustomed) playing both midfield and/or the flank. If yuh watch him play the Jamaica game you 'll realise that until they decide to call back Birchall or one of the other fellas step up, he's the best thing we have to a workhorse, no disrespect to Whitley, who does a fairly good job at it, but has had too much weight put in his shoulders. Now I'm not saying that Roberts should or will play d-mid, just that he brings that energy and industry that a Me-mum is known for. and through it, can lift the whole team.

Nah, Roberts earn he pick. De only forward in that list who not suppose to be in front of Scotty, everybody know who it is and just fraid to say it because they doh want to knock a up and coming youthman.

However, if you accept the idea that, Gay there as the Anthony Wolfe/Theo Walcott type who going to be groomed to be the phenom for 2014, then the only man Scotty coulda replace in de forward line was Stern (on the basis of Stern age, not his ability nor form), because we all know that a fit KJ untouchable until the contrary is proven.
Or Jorsling.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
FATZ, I have a question.

Daryl Roberts is one of our better players. He is playing in a high league and has a work rate that is 20 times higher than Jason Scotland's.

It's true that Scotland scored a whole heap of goals and in my opinion he should be in the squad. But the comparison and the justifications between him and Roberts are out of order.

As i said before, Maturana went to a Swansea game and saw the same thing that the section of Swansea fans have been booing for some time. A poor work ethic. The coach knows what kind of players he wants in his team and i think at this point in time, he aint want to have Scotland and Stern John...........lol

mr 3000, some of these men dont understand the level of the Eredevisie, they think is a joke league, teams like ajax and feyernord beat small countries in their day and are still top flight clubs with great histoiry and an excellent youth system, epl has the marketing money, but skill for skill Eredevisie can match, roberts work ethic is far superior to scotlands

God is de BOSS....

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »
yes but apart from the top four that league is no better than league one in my opinion

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »

Or Jorsling.
Damn, I forget he get call up too. My bad.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 09:21:35 AM »
yes but apart from the top four that league is no better than league one in my opinion
Dread, you really eh watch too many League One games. Dat shit is dire. The top teams like Swansea and Leeds and so on play relatively decent. But the lower teams? Absolutely awful. You really saying lower league English football is on par with top flight ball on the continent?

I watched Sparta (a lower Dutch team) play some other team that was on their level (I forget which one) and the game was very watchable. Decent passing, decent technique, shaky defending. Definitely not as good as the EPL. But the few games I've seen were on about level with a mid-table Championship clash.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
I said in my opinion, I spent some time in the Hague and I stopped watching games because they were so crap. I believe after the top four the football was the same level as league one or at best low championship.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »
I said in my opinion, I spent some time in the Hague and I stopped watching games because they were so crap. I believe after the top four the football was the same level as league one or at best low championship.

when my cousins played for ajax/rotterdam fc and feyernord, the games i saw was on par with epl, still today the top teams can ball with the epl giants, like i said tv rights and marketing money drive the epl but the youth system in holland is 2nd to none

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »
I agree with you but thats top four you talking about is the rest I talking about !

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2008, 09:30:51 PM »
Starting Line-up
Marvin Phillip/ Jan MIcheal Willaims
.Ancil Farrier    Dennis Lawerence  Makan Hislop   Kareem Smith
.Hayden Tinto   Aurtis Whitley  Atuallah Guerra   Carlos Edwards
Stern John  Kenwyne Jones

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »
Starting Line-up

if they play carlos on de left that would be crazy man business... Keon Daniel on de left and carlos on de right... Tinto coming off de bench... Dont get meh wrong Tinto is meh boy but he not making in dat position before carlos edwards
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2008, 05:58:36 AM »
Youth Baller no way Williams or Phillip starting before Ince...unless something happen to him.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:21 AM »
Starting Line-up

You missing three men who starting for sure

Daryl Robets on de left,
Hyland in de middle,
Clayton Ince in goal.

I watching we backline and i feeling sorry for them........lol

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »
I watching we backline and i feeling sorry for them........lol

Daz no joke nah Dre... :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:22:50 AM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2008, 08:55:43 AM »
Feel sorry 4 all ah we d defence is and will always b stress
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:05 AM »
FATZ, I have a question.

England have so many players playing in the EPL, why would they need to call up a guy from league 1? That's the worst comparison you could have used.   We on the other hand have 3 players in the EPL and only 1 playing regularly. If that's how we want to think, why did Stern get picked ahead of Scotty? Stern scored how many goals on a team that finished 2 places above relegation in the championship, whereas Scotty just fired his team into the Championship.
So we have to pick where we players performing at.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
FATZ, I have a question.

England have so many players playing in the EPL, why would they need to call up a guy from league 1? That's the worst comparison you could have used.   We on the other hand have 3 players in the EPL and only 1 playing regularly. If that's how we want to think, why did Stern get picked ahead of Scotty? Stern scored how many goals on a team that finished 2 places above relegation in the championship, whereas Scotty just fired his team into the Championship.
So we have to pick where we players performing at.
That's the same point I making.

Is FATZ who say goals is goals in any competition. So in his mind level doh matter. I was just calling his bluff. England have a 20 goal striker in Beckford. So using FATZ logic, he should be in de starting line-up.

1]; } ?>