April 25, 2024, 12:43:45 AM

Author Topic: La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes/Papa Bois  (Read 11708 times)

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes/Papa Bois
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »
I was talking to ah fella de other day and he was telling me that he was driving home late at night and he see a woman in the far distance, when he starting getting nearer to her, she started fading away, when he got to the spot she was, she was gone.  He say he was real tired so that was the reason he didn't believe it was true.

I started telling him about we folklore with La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes/Papa Bois, de man say he never ever gonna be driving late at night in dark road again.

My question is: anybody ever had any kinda experience like this, my only experience is when I was small I wake up one morning and had two dots on my leg like a bite, I remember my brother's friend start scaring me and telling me that Soucoyant bite yuh!  He telling meh to sprinkle rice out the house and she hadda pick up each grain b4 morning, if not yuh could ketch her by morning yuh could kill she.   :-[

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes/Papa Bois
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »
chinne boi ah finally see wah eating all de pussy cat doing to you oui. lord fadda a.
it have some soucyant here..they coudl suck de very life outta yuh...lol..

Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
chinne boi ah finally see wah eating all de pussy cat doing to you oui. lord fadda a.
it have some soucyant here..they coudl suck de very life outta yuh...lol..

yuh is ah real ass yes  :rotfl:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »
Steups, allyuh good and idle yes.  :devil: When I was about 12 or so I had a dream that I see some Duen travelling in a short caravan in the ravine behind my house. One of them look up at me and bawl  "Wim is a blasted Dutch mother*#$% dunce!!!

I wonder what ever happen to that child?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »
Steups, allyuh good and idle yes.  :devil: When I was about 12 or so I had a dream that I see some Duen travelling in a short caravan in the ravine behind my house. One of them look up at me and bawl  "Wim is a blasted Dutch mother*#$% dunce!!!

o gawd meh thread already gone downhill and only 2 responses  :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
see what drugs does do to you  :whistling:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:10:21 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »
Steups, allyuh good and idle yes.  :devil: When I was about 12 or so I had a dream that I see some Duen travelling in a short caravan in the ravine behind my house. One of them look up at me and bawl  "Wim is a blasted Dutch mother*#$% dunce!!!

o gawd meh thread already gone downhill and only 2 responses :rotfl:

Yuh tink if ah sprinkle bhagee leaf and shadow benne root around the computer I might shielded from the (well deserved) licks I about to get  8)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »
Steups, allyuh good and idle yes.  :devil: When I was about 12 or so I had a dream that I see some Duen travelling in a short caravan in the ravine behind my house. One of them look up at me and bawl  "Wim is a blasted Dutch mother*#$% dunce!!!

o gawd meh thread already gone downhill and only 2 responses :rotfl:

Yuh tink if ah sprinkle bhagee leaf and shadow benne root around the computer I might shielded from the (well deserved) licks I about to get  8)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

My question is: anybody ever had any kinda experience like this, my only experience is when I was small I wake up one morning and had two dots on my leg like a bite, I remember my brother's friend start scaring me and telling me that Soucoyant bite yuh!  He telling meh to sprinkle rice out the house and she hadda pick up each grain b4 morning, if not yuh could ketch her by morning yuh could kill she.   :-[

ah tort yuh say yuh grow up in diego?

diego eh have no socouaynt to suck nobody (Unless of course yuh referrin to dem gyirls from up on la puerta)  :devil:...all socouyant fraid to come past de lighthouse
Is ah big crystal stream mosquito whey did bite yuh, and mosquito doh eat dry rice
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 01:42:20 PM »

ah tort yuh say yuh grow up in diego?

diego eh have no socouaynt to suck nobody (Unless of course yuh referrin to dem gyirls from up on la puerta)  :devil:...all socouyant fraid to come past de lighthouse
Is ah big crystal stream mosquito whey did bite yuh, and mosquito doh eat dry rice

but ah was ah yute den...yuh suppose to believe yuh elders  :rotfl:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 01:55:24 PM »
ok chinne on a serious note...cause ha relaise somemebers making fun of u.
it seems u have some eveil spirtis bothering u. Get 2 bois cano leaf, some ver vine and, sweet broom and black sage.

draw ah hot bath, put all de leaves in de water for bout 3 mins, pee in the tub then go soak in it for bout 10- 15 mins. de jumbie go leave u alone......

dais the easiest remedy,.....and it dat eh wuk for de jumbie..at least no human go bother u either..lol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
dais the easiest remedy,.....and it dat eh wuk for de jumbie..at least no human go bother u either..lol

yu makin joke

If he go in de store smellin like piss...well is NOW dem crackheads in dat area go come and shop...dey go say "de owner smellin sweet"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »
ok chinne on a serious note...cause ha relaise somemebers making fun of u.
it seems u have some eveil spirtis bothering u. Get 2 bois cano leaf, some ver vine and, sweet broom and black sage.

draw ah hot bath, put all de leaves in de water for bout 3 mins, pee in the tub then go soak in it for bout 10- 15 mins. de jumbie go leave u alone......

here we go again ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 02:03:58 PM »

yu makin joke

If he go in de store smellin like piss...well is NOW dem crackheads in dat area go come and shop...dey go say "de owner smellin sweet"
especially since  is in china town...lol :angel:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
Long time people didnt have TV or internet.

It had nuttin to do at night for fun but bull so the elders used to give the youngsters them kinda stories so they could get frighten and go to sleep fast.

All dem ting is shit.

Doh mind a partner of mine swear he see a La Diablesse and Soycoyant in toco and down the islands respectively.

Spirits now...them thing real

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

ah hope yuh mean like ah bottle ah Vat 19

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »
all yuh men does really make work, an entertaining one  :rotfl:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:26 PM »
Nah Dutty all joke aside...dem things does lurk and move in mysterious ways.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »

like ah hot shoppe roti in yuh belly?

arite breds I take it yuh see had experience with spirit arready...but....keep in mind it could be de piper dat allyuh area trying to run

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »

nah serious thing, spirits or ghost whatever you want to call it exist. first thing first if you believe in god then why believing in spirits is such a hard thing?

on a another serious note  :angel: yuh must watch Ghost Hunters on Scifi channel brilliant show if yuh ask me. http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/ mind blowing stuff if yuh doh believe it have some rel good episodes now and then. the US military even hire dem lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:46:43 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 03:10:17 PM »

like ah hot shoppe roti in yuh belly?

arite breds I take it yuh see had experience with spirit arready...but....keep in mind it could be de piper dat allyuh area trying to run

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Allyuh ever eat a Jamacian roti??? De absolute wussest ting!!! When I was new in toronto I drive around whole evening looking for a roti. The only one I could find was in a blasted Jamaican shop. If yuh see the final product.....de shell hard like a taco and it had all kinda ripe fig, green pepper and peanut mix up with the chicken. Steups.

Well after I eat dat....allyuh ever see that movie Aliens where a alien baby does burst out a human body? Well a Jamaican roti is a Alien worst nightmare, need I say more. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »

It had nuttin to do at night for fun but bull so the elders used to give the youngsters them kinda stories so they could get frighten and go to sleep fast.

All dem ting is shit.

Doh mind a partner of mine swear he see a La Diablesse and Soycoyant in toco and down the islands respectively.

Me eh necessarily 'believe in' dem ting...but I won't doubt their existence neither.  I believe there is a spiritual world out there and that a battle is being waged right around us and we don't even know it.  I believe spirits exists, both good and evil...and I believe that evil spirits can manifest themselves as anything they desire...be it douen, Papa Bois, La diablesse or de sweet thing over in de corner in de parasuco jeans.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
How come we believe and relish and spend lots of money on Euro folk law. Drakooooolah, Harry Potter etc and then we tend to denegrate ours?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

All dem ting is shit.

Me eh necessarily 'believe in' dem ting...but I won't doubt their existence neither.  I believe there is a spiritual world out there and that a battle is being waged right around us and we don't even know it.  I believe spirits exists, both good and evil...and I believe that evil spirits can manifest themselves as anything they desire...be it douen, Papa Bois, La diablesse or de sweet thing over in de corner in de parasuco jeans.

Amen Brother
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »
La Lune Moruga opposite dey RC Church have La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes and ah not lying.... Papa Bois in Curepe.

ah see a La Diablesse already....ent she is dey one wid dey cow foot ??

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:32:13 PM by TriniCana »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »
La Lune Moruga opposite dey RC Church have La Diablesse/Soucoyant/Douennes and ah not lying.... Papa Bois in Curepe.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yeh lol
Youtube Channel

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 05:48:03 PM »

yes it is

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

nah serious thing, spirits or ghost whatever you want to call it exist. first thing first if you believe in god then why believing in spirits is such a hard thing?

on a another serious note  :angel: yuh must watch Ghost Hunters on Scifi channel brilliant show if yuh ask me. http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/ mind blowing stuff if yuh doh believe it have some rel good episodes now and then. the US military even hire dem lol

yuh right, if we believe in God why not we folklore? ah mean i not putting God and folklore in the same sentence but do we have to see it to believe it?

most ppl go only belieive when ah Douenne come and pull yuh toe in de night  ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 06:41:38 PM »

yuh right, if we believe in God why not we folklore? ah mean i not putting God and folklore in the same sentence but do we have to see it to believe it?

most ppl go only belieive when ah Douenne come and pull yuh toe in de night  ;D
lahgahoo and jumbie are the ones which come into your room n pull yuh toes

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 06:44:27 PM »

It grow up to be weary69

1]; } ?>