April 25, 2024, 09:54:32 PM

Author Topic: MLS All Star Voting  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MLS All Star Voting
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:30:54 AM »
now open:

http://www.mlsnet.com/mls/events/all_star/2008/ballot/register.jsp

only trini i see on the list is robbie findley.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: MLS All Star Voting
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 07:31:10 AM »
Ahready the dam league now start ???
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 08:24:04 AM »
another reason why mls isn't taken seriously, Alstar game during d season, what a joke.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
Scott Sealy name there in the forwards.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:19:30 PM »
another reason why mls isn't taken seriously, Alstar game during d season, what a joke.
It appears to follow the format of the other US Professional Sport Associations where the All star game is held mid season. NBA, NHL, MLB...the exception being the NFL which has the Pro Bowl after the super bowl
well yes

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
It appears to follow the format of the other US Professional Sport Associations where the All star game is held mid season. NBA, NHL, MLB...the exception being the NFL which has the Pro Bowl after the super bowl

...and not coincidentally, nobody watches the ProBowl.

RedDevil I fail to see how the timing of the All-Star game impacts on the popularity of the league.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Voting on this for the forwards gonna b serious...I hope everybody go on there and vote Scott though, try to push our player and all that.
Aside from that...as a NY fan it would only have one other spot beside Scott and it will be hard to choose from Altidore, Angel and even though ah don't like him that much Donovan doing big things too.
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »

...and not coincidentally, nobody watches the ProBowl.

RedDevil I fail to see how the timing of the All-Star game impacts on the popularity of the league.

wasn't referring to the popularity. just that the allstar game serves no purpose other than a pre-season warm up match to some european team, now why would u risk your leagues best players in d middle of a compettitive season for that....all that jus so they could make some money.......
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »
wasn't referring to the popularity. just that the allstar game serves no purpose other than a pre-season warm up match to some european team, now why would u risk your leagues best players in d middle of a compettitive season for that....all that jus so they could make some money.......

I hear yuh...but money is important, especially to a young growing league.  Keeping the fans interested and involved is important, and having the All-star game during the season is one way of keeping it meaningful for the fans.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »

I hear yuh...but money is important, especially to a young growing league.  Keeping the fans interested and involved is important, and having the All-star game during the season is one way of keeping it meaningful for the fans.
That's exeactly what it comes down to $$$...that and the generation of the interest for the sport in the US. MLS recognized the market here in Toronto as they awarded the All Star game here, in Toronto FC's 2nd season. TFC sold out almost every home game last season and look set to repeat that this year.
well yes

1]; } ?>