April 23, 2024, 02:51:11 AM

Author Topic: Barcelona - The way forward  (Read 6268 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Barcelona members request censure motion against board
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:51 PM »
The crisis at Barcelona over its poor season deepened Friday as two club members launched a censure motion against the management of the Spanish club that seeks the ouster of is president, Joan Laporta, and his board of directors.

Oriol Giralt Gili and Christian Castellvi Clement delivered a written warning to the board informing them that they had begun the process to request a censure motion, essentially a vote of no confidence, against the board, the club said on its website.

The move comes one day after Laporta announced that reserve team coach Pep Guardiola, a former player, will take over from Frank Rijkaard at the end of the season, the club's second without any silverware.

Barcelona were eliminated in the Champions League semi-final by Manchester United and trail Real Madrid in the Spanish league by 17 points in third place with two games remaining after losing 4-1 to the new champions on Wednesday.

The defeat means the Catalan side will miss out on automatic qualification for the Champions League since they will not be able to finish any higher than third in the Spanish league which has just two rounds remaining.

"More than ever, a censure motion is necessary," Gili told reporters as he went into Barcelona's headquarters, the Internet edition of El Mundo reported.

Barcelona's club statutes allow for a motion of censure to be officially put in place if five percent of the club's members who qualify as voters -- adults who have been members for more than one year -- sign a petition.

The club has roughly 117,000 members with voting rights, meaning the petition will need to gather the signatures of around 6,000 members.

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Barcelona - The way forward
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »
Sounds like a man singing for his supper !! I wonder if he sees himself on the fringe and is looking to curry favour with the new Boss ?

Jai..I doubt that. Xavi is as safe as any of the current players could feel. He and Guardiola are past teammates and probably have a good relationship. He is a very fine, confident player and is behind only Puyol in terms of his iconic status as Catalan born and bred boys on the team. It is a well-known 'joke' that Catalans insist that Xavi has never made a bad pass. This is his club. Very much the same way guys like Guti, Raul and Casillas are Real Madrid. it will take an amazing series of poor performances before Barca ever get rid of Xavi (imo). Plus these guys tend to have huge egos and inflated self worth. The starting playmaker for the national team is hardly likely to feel his position is under threat. Whether that is true or not may be another story. But I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of his playing career he does a 'Guardiola' and returns as coach himself

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2008, 04:37:45 PM »
i can see ah man taking xavi place easy easy yes he is ah good player but there are players that barca can get their hands on who would start infront of him
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »
Euro 2008, then early rounds of CL qualification, Barca's players gonna be tired before the season start!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »
Euro 2008, then early rounds of CL qualification, Barca's players gonna be tired before the season start!

:devil:

Daaance puppets, daaaaaance!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 06:48:09 PM »
i can see ah man taking xavi place easy easy yes he is ah good player but there are players that barca can get their hands on who would start infront of him

truth is, no player is indispensible. but yuh talking about someone who has been a starter for 9 seasons and is the 4th most capped player in Barca history. Many coaches have come and gone in that time and Barca has always been a big club. So while I agree that he could be replaced by a better player, if he could be replaced easy easy, he probably would have been by now.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:  :devil:

Yuh right to laff an' roll on de grong. Enjoy yuh manUre-luvin' self because as of may 21st, whatever tyme dah match finish, allyuh DONE in european competition..............fuh a LONNNNNNNNG TYME!! Mark my words!   :devil: ;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »
go ahead and bump yuh gum, we will see who shell shock after the game  :D
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 07:29:57 PM »

I done make peace wit my maker, win or lose, so I good to go. If allyuh lose ah hope yuh famalee dem hide all de rope and sharp objects from yuh! :devil: Ah want to be able to pong yuh like a two~nch nail nex' season! ;D

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2008, 07:32:02 PM »
Xavi pass through Van Gaal X2, Reixach, Antic and Rijkaard and still kept his starting position. Born in Barcelona, only played for FC Barcelona and is only 28.

Let's not forget he took over Guardiola's position in the center of the pitch.

I eh feel he going anyhwere.

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 07:37:25 PM »

I done make peace wit my maker, win or lose, so I good to go. If allyuh lose ah hope yuh famalee dem hide all de rope and sharp objects from yuh! :devil: Ah want to be able to pong yuh like a two~nch nail nex' season! ;D

i aint make peace wit my maker nah, is all or nothin alyuh go have to put meh on suicide watch if we loss lol  :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

i aint make peace wit my maker nah, is all or nothin alyuh go have to put meh on suicide watch if we loss lol  :rotfl:

doh worry inter cleaning out manu next yr
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

:devil: yeh right  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »

Tell 'im fuh meh nuh. Is all kyna BIG side go be in CL nex' year (Inter, Juventus, Bayern, VillaREAL Madrid, Barca, CHELSEA, etc., and all ah dem go be vex. manUre ain't even makin' it out de group stage!!  :devil: 

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »

Tell 'im fuh meh nuh. Is all kyna BIG side go be in CL nex' year (Inter, Juventus, Bayern, VillaREAL Madrid, Barca, CHELSEA, etc., and all ah dem go be vex. manUre ain't even makin' it out de group stage!!  :devil: 

one set a shit team yuh call there :devil: especially Toppa Real lol, and dem corrupt italian teams that doh trouble we again  :devil: we go see how Chelsea cope after the CL final loss to us  :devil: :angel:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
Barcelona with all its stars is in a mess ...what should the President do ?
My view is that he should get rid of Rijkard, possibly try to get Pellegrini of Villareal, keep Ronaldinho and build the team around good ball players. Real has bought young and barcelona has some good young talent in their mix. getting rid of ronaldinho might not be the best thing ....I would rather lose Frank !

Frank gone. I would out money on that. Love the idea of Dinho staying, but dunno. Barca right now has priced him out of the market, so they have one eye on keeping him I feel. if his problem was with Rijkaard, he just might stay. But I get the feeling it is the Catalan press that he's most fed up with. If he has his heart set on leaving, the last thing Barca would want is an expensive unmotivated baller. Cut your losses and run. Pelligrini at Barca would be great, but I expect Villareal to break the bank to keep him and Barca has already made the extemely popular move (both football wise and politically) by leaking news of an agreement with son of the soil Pep Guardiola. Pelligrini is destined for a huge club, but I'd like to see how far he could go with Villareal. CL next seaon...hmm..what must Forlan be thinking now?

Barca needs new wing backs. Zambrotta had some inspired games but never really looked happy in the system. he is rumored for a return to Italy. Abidal was poor at times this season, but prob. deserves another chance as it was his first season. Barca would do well to bring in Phillip Lamm from Bayern who is set to leave and could play on both side of defense. Sounds like they also have started making moves for Danny Alves. Central defense need some recruiting too. I'm a big fan of Lucio at Bayern. Spanish game would suit him.

Central midfield needs more steel. Edmilson is past his best and is injury prone. I think he is out. Yaya Toure was the best of the pre-season buys. I thought Barca would make a hard push for Flamini, but we know how that ended. If I were Barca, I'd look at Chelsea good and see whether fellas like Essien, or Mikel Obi want out. And go after Fabregas..he is Catalan through and through. I honestly believe he could be tempted back. Rumor is that David Silva is on his way in. That would be a great buy, but another small fleet footed playmaker? maybe one too many..he is practically a left footed version of Iniesta

Iniesta and Xavi safe. Deco is still a boss, but I fear he will leave. Forward line real good. I feel Henry will come good next year. Messi. Bojan. Dos Santos. Eto'o. Perfect mix of youth and experience. If Dinho stay..expect Dos Santos to go out on loan. BUt chances are he gone. In any case...that attack safe.

Lucio on his way down....
d games i see this yr he not lookin himself again

and barca do not need any forwards at all!
man like gujohnsen and all is a big one who never get no serious sweat. VERY underrated

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2008, 02:29:01 AM »

Especially Real Madrid! We'll kill people next yr.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37:23 AM »

Especially Real Madrid! We'll kill people next yr.

Any-way! Back to the topic (DieHard does only pop up like acne knowin' it go turn into a "MUHAHA" ting yuh know. (WHEW! count to ten, Chow!) He is a thread terrorist) I hope Barca can regroup quickly enough through a very challenging off-season and come back with renewed vigour to make next season competitive and exciting. But I like some of the suggestions men done make already and I cyah waif fuh August and September! 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:05:31 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 05:48:01 AM »
 :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »

Die hard humility is a hell of a thing....u will experience these words yourself at the end of the champions league final in moscow on may 21st when the blue flag is waved

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 01:16:22 PM »
Maryland Trini, I eh sure who would be available to fill V .Valdes' spot, but if it isn't one of the top 5 'keepers in Europe, none of whom are available, who can it be. He is the among the top 4 'keepers from Spain (and pepe reina don't deserve to be ranked ahead of him either) and he's still very young, PLUS he's a Catalan. What more yuh could want?    ;)

PSV's keeper (Gomes / Gomez) is quality. Valdes is an okay shot stopper, but he is tending to drop the ball alot. Not too convincing when it comes to dealing with crosses.

Hard luck dey, Maryland. PSV ain't lettin Gomes go no time soon (especially wit dem playin' in CL next year) I even think he mighta sign a new contract wit dem by now. I was reading something somewhere some weeks aback that the Dutch even lookin' to make 'im a citizen because he vex Dunga eh givin' 'im no more sweat.

Just about all 'keepers in these times does struggle wit crosses........and van Der Saar cyah kick. ;D  
Gimmeh ah nex' name.  

PSV Eindhoven goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes says it will be ‘very difficult’ for him to continue at the club following his falling out with members of the hierarchy.

The Brazilian is currently in his homeland following PSV’s title win and last month he threatened to leave the club unless managing director Jan Reker – who he says has broken a string of promises – leaves.

Gomes’ position looks to have been further weakened with the news that one of his allies in the dispute, technical manager Stan Valckx, is leaving the club.

The keeper now says coach Sef Vergoossen has criticised him unfairly, further alienating himself at The Philips Stadion.

“The directors just continue with all kinds of stories (about me),” said Gomes in Voetbal International.

“I see that as a lack of respect towards me and for what I have done for the club. For four years I have done my absolute best.

“After this episode it is very difficult to continue at PSV. I leave the club with a very sad feeling and will go on as a supporter of the club. I always said that PSV is my home.”

He added: “The club chiefs took no action at all even after Vergoossen called me a Judas and anti-social.

“Everyone in the group knows I am not a Judas and also not anti-social. That is exactly the reason why all the players respect me.”

PSV are reported to be lining up Club Brugge keeper Stijn Stijnen as a replacement for Gomes.  The 27-year-old has earned 18 caps for Belgium and recently penned a contract extension until 2011.

Gomes has been linked with a move to Premier League side Tottenham, who are believed to be searching for a replacement for Paul Robinson.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/14/Eredivisie-Gomes-on-PSV/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 07:50:26 AM »
Barcelona shake-up likely to see end of Ronaldinho and Eto'o[/size]

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8154214/Barcelona-shake-up-likely-to-see-end-of-Ronaldinho

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta believes it's time for Ronaldinho to find a new club.

Laporta said the two-time FIFA player of the year could leave the Camp Nou stadium with striker Samuel Eto'o as new coach Pep Guardiola looks to bring stability back to Barcelona next season.
"We've told Ronaldinho that he needs new challenges," Laporta said. "When you finish an era it's normal that the leading figures should leave.

Now at Fox Soccer Shop "Last year, we thought that it might be the year to sell him, but given his enthusiasm and the appreciation that a club like Barcelona needs to have, we decided to let him stay on. Things haven't turned out the way he wanted them to."

Ronaldinho played only 11 games for the Catalans this season after rarely missing a match to injury following his arrival from Paris Saint-Germain in 2003. Questions over his attitude and social habits took its toll over the course of the season.

"(We) thought that (Ronaldinho) deserved another chance," Laporta said. "He was excited about becoming the world's best player again. We thought he deserved it."

Eto'o has been unhappy after enduring criticism to close the season. The Cameroon striker has talked of playing in England or Italy.

"He has also been one of the most emblematic players of this cycle and if he has to go then he deserves to do so with his head held high too, and with honor," Laporta said.

Barcelona finished third in the Spanish league, 18 points adrift of rival and champion Real Madrid.

Coach Frank Rijkaard, who guided the Catalans to consecutive league titles and the 2006 Champions League, was let go after a second straight season without a trophy, while Portugal midfielder Deco has been told to seek another club. Other players are also expected to depart.

Laporta, who has been a focal point for fans' criticism over the team's final matches, fielded some blame for the players' lack of discipline. And for hanging onto the belief that Rijkaard could transform the team's fortunes following an unbeaten run to start 2008.

"We decided to stick with Frank and not fire him, and I have to take responsibility for that," Laporta said. "Rijkaard didn't leave last summer because we had faith in his professional ability. He wanted to continue and we thought that that was the best thing to do."

Laporta advised the Dutchman in February that Guardiola would be his replacement should he leave. Laporta believes the former Barcelona player is well-suited to see the Catalans through the challenges ahead.

"In Pep, we saw a person with humility, a man of conviction and with a style of play that we share," he said.

Barcelona is unlikely to spend big as it did last offseason, when it splashed around €70 million (US$109 million) on France internationals Thierry Henry and Eric Abidal, Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure and Argentina defender Gabriel Milito.

"We're looking for balance, not names. We're looking for players who will give their all," Laporta said.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 01:50:18 PM »
Barcelona shake-up likely to see end of Ronaldinho and Eto'o[/size]

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8154214/Barcelona-shake-up-likely-to-see-end-of-Ronaldinho

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta believes it's time for Ronaldinho to find a new club.

Laporta said the two-time FIFA player of the year could leave the Camp Nou stadium with striker Samuel Eto'o as new coach Pep Guardiola looks to bring stability back to Barcelona next season.
"We've told Ronaldinho that he needs new challenges," Laporta said. "When you finish an era it's normal that the leading figures should leave.

Now at Fox Soccer Shop "Last year, we thought that it might be the year to sell him, but given his enthusiasm and the appreciation that a club like Barcelona needs to have, we decided to let him stay on. Things haven't turned out the way he wanted them to."

Ronaldinho played only 11 games for the Catalans this season after rarely missing a match to injury following his arrival from Paris Saint-Germain in 2003. Questions over his attitude and social habits took its toll over the course of the season.

"(We) thought that (Ronaldinho) deserved another chance," Laporta said. "He was excited about becoming the world's best player again. We thought he deserved it."

Eto'o has been unhappy after enduring criticism to close the season. The Cameroon striker has talked of playing in England or Italy.

"He has also been one of the most emblematic players of this cycle and if he has to go then he deserves to do so with his head held high too, and with honor," Laporta said.

Barcelona finished third in the Spanish league, 18 points adrift of rival and champion Real Madrid.

Coach Frank Rijkaard, who guided the Catalans to consecutive league titles and the 2006 Champions League, was let go after a second straight season without a trophy, while Portugal midfielder Deco has been told to seek another club. Other players are also expected to depart.

Laporta, who has been a focal point for fans' criticism over the team's final matches, fielded some blame for the players' lack of discipline. And for hanging onto the belief that Rijkaard could transform the team's fortunes following an unbeaten run to start 2008.

"We decided to stick with Frank and not fire him, and I have to take responsibility for that," Laporta said. "Rijkaard didn't leave last summer because we had faith in his professional ability. He wanted to continue and we thought that that was the best thing to do."

Laporta advised the Dutchman in February that Guardiola would be his replacement should he leave. Laporta believes the former Barcelona player is well-suited to see the Catalans through the challenges ahead.

"In Pep, we saw a person with humility, a man of conviction and with a style of play that we share," he said.

Barcelona is unlikely to spend big as it did last offseason, when it splashed around €70 million (US$109 million) on France internationals Thierry Henry and Eric Abidal, Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure and Argentina defender Gabriel Milito.

"We're looking for balance, not names. We're looking for players who will give their all," Laporta said.

Ah hear Villareal in de running for Eto'o. Frankly I dont think he will go there or that they could even afford him but they will be able to guarantee  champions league football something his present club cant do. He will certainly strenghten our club. Eto'o is still a deadly hitman and barca will be foolish to let him go to any other spanish club ...maybe other non footballing issues there ...

1]; } ?>