March 28, 2024, 12:44:03 PM

Author Topic: TT Womens' U20 lose to Youngston University  (Read 2917 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TT Womens' U20 lose to Youngston University
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:11:50 PM »
Well I was really surprised not to see this game advertised in the papers nor hear it on the radio.
Is a good thing the YSU coach is mih breds.

The game was played at the Larry Gomes Stadium yesterday.  Now this wouldn't compare with a Touches match report because I realise topics with women football doh ever get too many hits anyway.

The game was played at a high intensity throughout.  These young women have to be commended for the 90 mins of fight and grit....and their level of fitness.

Most of our ladies were smaller in built than the Americans.  YSU girls were definitely a touch stronger to the balls and showed their physical presence.  YSU, here for a week played 3 games in four days and won them all.  I understand that they had their hands full with the Jabloteh ladies on Tuesday though. (3- 2).

The game ended 3 goals to nil in favour of the visitors.  One of the goals was a 'softee' as TT had an outside player deputising in the goal on the day.  The regular goal keeper who lives in Tobago had exams and could not make the game.

The YSU team has been in training since early January this year and it showed.  They were a well oiled machine.   I spoke to the TT coach, Marlon Charles during the game.  This guy really seems to have the womens' football program at heart.  He is trying his best to develop the different squads for the upcoming tournaments.  He wasn't too disappointed with the results as the TT team did not even have a proper practice session before the game yesterday.  Most of the TT players are students in the US and came in just a couple days before the encounter.  There were only three locals in the team.

What he really wanted was exposure for the players and local womens football on the whole.  I promised that through this site/forum we would oblige with the awareness campaign however we can.

The pics of the game will be sent to Tallman to post up.

I understand them lil white girls bussing up pelau and roti like thing going outta style oui.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT Womens' U20 lose to Youngston University
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
Steups. And Mr. Man eh even tell meh he was heading down T&T wit he side. It go be me and he  :devil:.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 04:25:01 PM »
Steups. And Mr. Man eh even tell meh he was heading down T&T wit he side. It go be me and he :devil:.

Both he and Gregory Mitchell.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:41:25 PM »
thanks Pardners
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
Niceness.

Diff note. Ah caught some of the cultural flavour put on by the ladies who were in Costa Rica. Looks like they put down a nice bit of reppin we culture. Dahs wha the game is about as well cultural exchange off the field. Positive.

Good beat pardners.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »
Good Info... Keep it coming....
Nice to hear abt the Lady Warriorz

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:28:50 PM »
He is a really big coach.....need to involve him more in T&T football.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 09:44:40 PM »
Thanks for de info Pardners  :beermug:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »
Just out of curiousity if only three of the players local why doesn't the few go to meet the majority?
Also the U-20 team only have one keeper? If that is the case then the U-17 keeper should have been used. Unless the U-17 keeper is the U-20 keeper and it really only have one keeper. :o
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »
He is a really big coach.....need to involve him more in T&T football.
I agree...this brother can get it done when it comes to player development. He has a wealth of experience at all levels and could bring as much if not more to the table than the other men who they brought in with the U-17's. I hope that I don't sound biased because I know him and he is a Trini. Is time that the TTFF start seeking out our own and giving them the opportunities to give something back.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 08:43:08 PM »
I was there and witness the three games while in Trinidad. It would have been nice if the games were showcased. So Tallman doh be too mad at the brother. Yuh know he is a real humble man who doh like make out thing. In talking to him he was actully concerned about how his team would have fareD in the heat and having to play three games in 4 games. His players were spending their days sun tannning with a tobago on Wednesday. As we all know that is not a mixture to get your team ready for battle. It is instead a remedy for sapping yuh players energy. It did show how fit they were though becusae he shared with me that they had not trained or played since April 0th. With the exception of two 5"9" players I would say that the majority of his players were 5"3 to 5'5". Even the keeper from YSU was not a real keeper either. She is one of their central defenders. Ah talk to de brother after their second game and de man fuming even thought they won the game. Apparently he was not pleased with their performance. It just shows the level this fella on. He was very pleased with their performance on Mionday and Thursday. He had a lot of good things to say about de jabloteh coach. He felt de brother should be involved in womens football in Trindad as well.
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
That coach is my bredrin.  Good fella.  Fantastic coach.

Hopefully TTFF can find a way to encorporate him in the Trinidad National set up in some way.  I know that he is very senior already in the US Soccer Women's Olympic Development Programme (ODP).  I hope that he is asked (and given the requisite support) to help with the Trinidad and Tobago women's set up as well.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 11:03:28 AM »
James E in ah trini with he team... :applause: This man involved in womens soccer for years for high school to division 2 to division 1 regional staff and everything.. Get Mr James e involve... Nuff said.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »
Just out of curiousity if only three of the players local why doesn't the few go to meet the majority?
Also the U-20 team only have one keeper? If that is the case then the U-17 keeper should have been used. Unless the U-17 keeper is the U-20 keeper and it really only have one keeper. :o

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  Actually I did on Saturday but like the post get lick up in the traffic....

Anyway Rippin, yuh right...although I not sure if that is the case with the goal keeper, but the coach did say that most of the U20 team is made up of U15s and U17s as well...fuss talent scarce...which would explain the difference in physique between the players.  Also the senior team made up of some of them same U17s and U20s as well.

That coach is my bredrin. Good fella. Fantastic coach.

Hopefully TTFF can find a way to encorporate him in the Trinidad National set up in some way. I know that he is very senior already in the US Soccer Women's Olympic Development Programme (ODP). I hope that he is asked (and given the requisite support) to help with the Trinidad and Tobago women's set up as well.

I might see him again next week.  I will hear what he have on the cards.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:34 PM »
Jack your media people blew it so we know y Jamal blew it he was just followin his boss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 05:03:19 PM »
Pardners if I ddin't know better I would have thought yuh trying to down play de cut arse we get from that YSU  :) team. Whey them U-15 and U17 players was for de game against YSU. I didn't see any of them out deh. I saw YSU play the U17's the day before and none of them players on the field played in dah game. However,  I notice some of their over seas players though. The biggest player on the field was a 5' 11" trini striker that plays for Rice University. The lil speedy one up front played for Youngs Harris. The one in the midfield who was having a real boss game for trini with de white socks aint no u17 player either. De YSU coach want she bad for he team in the future. I hear the nice lil dribbler( Shanelle Warrcik) who came on going YSU as well. If they had one U-15 player on the field they had plenty.

As I looked on the field I felt we trini team looked bigger than them girls from YSU. YSU  had two 5'9" players and the rest of them was under 5'6". YSU front line was no bigger than 5'4"  :)I had a chance to talk to the YSU coach ( who is a real friend of mines)after de game and we were talking about his team. De man tell me he nursing real injuries as well. Just remember them gul and them is between 17-20 too

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 01:01:43 PM »
Pardners if I ddin't know better I would have thought yuh trying to down play de cut arse we get from that YSU :) team. Whey them U-15 and U17 players was for de game against YSU. I didn't see any of them out deh. I saw YSU play the U17's the day before and none of them players on the field played in dah game. However, I notice some of their over seas players though. The biggest player on the field was a 5' 11" trini striker that plays for Rice University. The lil speedy one up front played for Youngs Harris. The one in the midfield who was having a real boss game for trini with de white socks aint no u17 player either. De YSU coach want she bad for he team in the future. I hear the nice lil dribbler( Shanelle Warrcik) who came on going YSU as well. If they had one U-15 player on the field they had plenty.

As I looked on the field I felt we trini team looked bigger than them girls from YSU. YSU had two 5'9" players and the rest of them was under 5'6". YSU front line was no bigger than 5'4" :)I had a chance to talk to the YSU coach ( who is a real friend of mines)after de game and we were talking about his team. De man tell me he nursing real injuries as well. Just remember them gul and them is between 17-20 too

Yuh calling mih out dey boy  ;D

Yuh probably right about the height of the girls on both sides being comparable, but I was really referring to their size.  TT had more skinney girls compared to YSU.  As for the ages, I just going by what the coach say...me ent check no birthpaper...and ah can't really say that I was an avid patron of the womens game in T&T, so he coulda get that pass me.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 02:18:09 PM »
Pardners

I like the report yuh ent easy atall...

I particularly liked this line
YSU girls were definitely a touch stronger to the balls and showed their physical presence.
[/b]

:devil: :rotfl:

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 03:40:42 AM »
pardners no issue with that man. we both know real spanner salad and furs does pass in trini all the time so de coach who was looking lil embarrass in the second half felt the only way out as he team was being ripped apart by Younsgtown State was to say that he had U-15 and U-16 out dey :). I mighta done de same thing it my team was bein treated like that.

i just wanted to make sure the facts were well stated. Them gul and them cut we arse. Ah watch them play a much bigger and stronger Jabloteh side on Monday and them gul and them outclass them. As yuh say they looked like a well oiled machine. ouside backs getting forward, swinging ball from left to right in de back, drawing we to one side and switching it to de other side to release de outside backs and wingers. Dah Trini brother know wha he doing with da YSU team. De man is a former pres man as well so I feeling real good about that

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 08:39:01 AM »
Women's soccer team travels to Trinidad.
J. Breen Mitchell, News Editor, thejambar.com.

Issue date: 5/22/08

Four years ago, coach Anthony James took his former team, West Virginia Wesleyan College, to Trinidad, and ever since, his women's soccer team at Youngstown State University has wanted to go, too.

"I have been looking forward to it for two years now, and yet it is hard to believe we are leaving in a matter of hours," said Katelyn Bonn, who plays center midfielder for the team, before the trip.

From May 10-17, the women's soccer team went to Trinidad and Tobago, on a trip designed to expose the team to a culture other than their own, where soccer is the top sport in the nation. James said soccer is like a religion in Trinidad.

James and his assistant coach are both originally from Trinidad, but he said that there are many other reasons for the trip.

"I have always believed that education not only revolves around what goes on in the classroom," James said, "so to be exposed to a different culture and get the chance to see how other people live will be a great opportunity."

Before they left, James and the team talked before the trip about their expectations.

"I want the girls to be able to appreciate all that they have here in the U.S.," he said.

James said the team will also have the opportunity to enjoy the beaches and historic places.

James said the three games the team played against the Trinidad national team would provide a great environment and an opportunity to showcase YSU's team and potentially become a recruiting hotbed in the future. The YSU team won all three games.

Team members said that they were excited for the trip.

"I am obviously excited for the sandy beaches, sunny skies and crystal clear water," said right outside defender Carrie Mae Wack.

Wack said that while packing for the trip caused some extra stress during finals week, she was sure it would be worth it.

Another source of excitement and nervousness were the gameĀ­s the team played on the trip.

Wack said that the crowd would be the largest she had ever played for, but that she expects them to appreciate YSU's play, which she described as "finesse soccer."

Bonn said that she also thought that the team's style of play would be respected by the national team, saying that, while soccer was not the main focus of the trip, she is confident that they would play well.

"More than anything, I think this trip will be a great bonding experience," said Bonn.

Striker Natalie Brady agreed, saying that the team has been looking forward to the trip for a long time.

"We are all just really glad it is here and we can all have a good time together and share the great memories," she said.

1]; } ?>