April 28, 2024, 05:09:17 PM

Author Topic: Need help!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Need help!
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »
Forumites ah need allyuh to bail meh out please.  yuh see i'm really friendly with an ameritrini, and i boast to her all the time saying if she ever went to trini i would let her know how to maneuver, little did i know it would be sooner than later.

home girl was born here, from ah trini mother and a wasp mid west father, but she swear she's more trini than me. she's been to trini twice before as a little girl and this is her first unsupervised trip to trini.

her grand mother left her property in trini that she need's to tend to pronto, before she losses out on due to family feuding.

anyway this chick grandmother was pure chinese, and she grew up on trini chinese food, and since grandmar past ten yrs ago she's been dreaming bout trini chinese food, and she want some references on places to go for grandmar style old chinese cooking.

she leaves on monday, and i don't know where to send her. i shame no ars, BC i dont even know where the hell to find mango, let alone old time trini chinese food. 

the last time i was in trini i stayed less than a week, and i find meh self in st James buying some bullshyte chinese food that taste worst than the chinese food in brooklyn.

i know ah pissed off nuff ppl on here , but please let bygones be bygones, allyuh help meh to save face nah.

and ah next thing , she wants to know where she could find a play house that put on local plays and folk dancing. i don't have a clue.            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:36:59 PM »
Places I can think of is Kam Wah on Maraval Road Newtown POS
Valsayn Chinese Resturant, which is near Nestle Factory. 

Those are the only 2 that comes to mind at the moment. But i'm sure the others would hook you up soon.
Or who knows a link might appear

Right now i believe Raymond Foo Chong have a play going on at Central Bank....could be wrong

good luck :beermug:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »
send she by me,ah does make ah mean pepper shrimp.lol.on ah serious note though brotherman,i could recommend valpark chinese rest,jenny's on de boulevard,this place in ellerslie mall,ah forget de name,and if she adventurous any hole in de wall along de east west corridor,lychee garden in arima had ah mean pepper chicken.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »

i know ah pissed off nuff ppl on here , but please let bygones be bygones, allyuh help meh to save face nah.

just cool lemme take ah laugh at that line before ah respond...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

aight.. :whew:

it depend on where she staying..

if she staying in town, then I would recommend Kam Wah on Maraval Road.. Excellent chinese food although a little pricey. But she coming with US to spend so no scene.. What am I saying, everyone in trini have money anyway.

If she want the chinese fine dining in town then I would recommend Tiki Village in Kapok Hotel.. Shanghai in Movietowne supposed to be good too and there is Sing Ho's in Long Circular Mall..

If she is doing a great thing and staying in the east  :beermug:, then I would recommend House of Chan on the main road, Emerald Plaza, Tunapuna.. Valpark Chinese restaurant is also excellent and that is nice for dining or take away..

If she is staying in south the only one I know down there is Soong's Great Wall but never tried them myself..

And we was talking this talk in this thread here...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=29225.0

Good, so now yuh business fix, run along and coast hard on yuh gyul like yuh know trini from top to bottom.. Tell she that she's ah freshwater and dont forget to spare ah thought for de helpful peeps on SW.net while yuh in mid stroke.. :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 06:37:52 PM »
Hey omar , i remember posting on that thread, but i forgot all about that.  thanx for the heads up. when ah fella wukin hard in babylon he does forget nuff things.

if i only remembered it would've saved me a new thread. BTW  she would be staying in the hilton since her family is wilding out right now, so she might want to check out the POS chinese spots.

what's the scene wid shayshaytein, are they still in business and where is there location ? my mom told me to send her there but she can't remember where it is, and i didn't want to take a chance on mommy's advice, BC she living in NY longer than me.

PS: ah hope is old style trini chinese food and not this new yankee st james tasteless yellow noodle chinese garbage all along the western main road.    thanx again.                            positive.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:41:00 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Hey omar , i remember posting on that thread, but i forgot all about that.  thanx for the heads up. when ah fella wukin hard in babylon he does forget nuff things.

if i only remembered it would've saved me a new thread. BTW  she would be staying in the hilton since her family is wilding out right now, so she might want to check out the POS chinese spots.

what's the scene wid shayshaytein, are they still in business and where is there location ? my mom told me to send her there but she can't remember where it is, and i didn't want to take a chance on mommy's advice, BC she living in NY longer than me.

don't send her there..

read the comments on shay shay tien in that same thread..

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »
and ah next thing , she wants to know where she could find a play house that put on local plays and folk dancing. i don't have a clue.            positive.
check these threads by Pecan
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=35964.msg427577#msg427577 <-- added
and
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=34328.msg401587#msg401587

dont forget to spare ah thought for de helpful peeps on SW.net while yuh in mid stroke.. :beermug:
Hear nuh Trinis are THE bess
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

:-[
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:09:10 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »
I really appreciate this forumites, you're a swell bunch. doh mind i does coast on allyuh somtimes, it's all contuctive and in no wise malicious.                                            positive.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
Map of PoS
There is a place on Arapita Ave dong by Murray Street that has real good food
their green fig salad is to die for....have forgotten the name ;)
Trini food doh ;)
Just Cool, I have added to my post above.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:12:32 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
the one in movie towne real good. 
LUM Fai in St. James. 
Swan on Maraval Road - a chinese couple.  he cooks, she does the rest and she doesn't speak good engwish.  is ah hole in de wall but real good food!! 
Kamwah is ah yes for sure.  their singapore noodles is de bess!
Tikki Village is Polynesian but good too. 
the one in ellerslie plaza is China Palace - don't do take away, the sit down and eat food much much much better.  I recommend the dasheen pork highly. 

carry on smartly
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
House of Chan have real good chinese food. Its in the old flamingo hotel off de main rd....opposite uwi..
some ah de best chinne food in d e country easy! :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »
i ent go home in a while but i remember in claxton bay side it used to have a family of black chinee (the father is chinee...u know the deal).  the chirren them used to conduct the business, pappy like he used to handle the cooking

1]; } ?>