April 20, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Author Topic: A New Virus Alert  (Read 1749 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
A New Virus Alert
« on: May 17, 2008, 08:35:22 AM »
I'm just passing some information I received from someone via email.  I know some of you geniuses would just say out flat it is a fake and to disregard it. One of my  simple philosophy in life, "better be safe than sorry"....so watch allyuh arse :beermug:

email attachment:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Hi All, I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
I checked Snopes (URL above:), and it is for real!!
Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.
If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.
This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and ther e is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
COPY THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS. REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US

Snopes lists all the names it could come in.

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: A New Virus Alert
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
yeah, that particular type of e-mail has died down. It was big last summer.
The thing to notice is it always said it is from some non-specific person, giving no actual name like "family member", "friend", "old school mate" etc.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »
The thing to notice is it always said it is from some non-specific person, giving no actual name like "family member", "friend", "old school mate" etc.
That's it right there E-Man
 ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:59:16 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
IT FAKE AND DISREGARD IT!!  ;D

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
okay thanks e

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:49:20 PM »
I could've sworn you were talking about ah new sexually transmitted desease yes.  :whew: !! thank God  it's computer business.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 02:20:34 PM »
I could've sworn you were talking about ah new sexually transmitted desease yes.  :whew: !! thank God  it's computer business.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

:-[ sorry JC
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:

:-[ sorry JC
It's all good horse, laff till yuh belly full. :devil: :beermug:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 05:52:53 PM »

HAHAHAHAHA  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »

<wipes away a tear from her left cheek>

1]; } ?>