April 23, 2024, 12:53:42 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors get big bucks.  (Read 10889 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors get big bucks.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »
I know its still early in T&T, but I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this story so far.

After all, this is the day that many said would never come. TTFF/Warner have lost their case. Ok, its arbitration, not court, but the implications aren't a lot different. It has been proved that TTFF went back on their agreement. All of the namecalling and blacklisting by TTFF was completely uncalled for. The players were right and its taken them nearly two years to prove they were right.

Yes, but the journey now start. The hard part begins now.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 09:07:16 AM »
Whether dey get d equivalent 2 a Guyanese cent will b determined but 16 young men had d guts 2 say u tink we is idiots go away wit that 5000TT. So when Gay and dem time come dey might tink twice  as d revolution has started
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »
Let's see if they ever get that money.

£125,000...daz a LOT of $ to share out times 16

Daz £2,000,000.  Not to say dey doh deserve it.  They do.  But I cyah see Jack ever authorising TTFF to pay dat amount.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »
Good news. But before i start jumpin up like ah madman, I waiting to see what they getting 50% of. Still have time for Jackula to pull sumtin out he ass.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »
yea i not partying yet until i see the whole pot of money. You know Jack and dem does hide money, look how we aint he him calling for money from the the government after Hunt lash him with the "show the budget audit" reply yet

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 12:12:56 PM »
I know its still early in T&T, but I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this story so far.

After all, this is the day that many said would never come. TTFF/Warner have lost their case. Ok, its arbitration, not court, but the implications aren't a lot different. It has been proved that TTFF went back on their agreement. All of the namecalling and blacklisting by TTFF was completely uncalled for. The players were right and its taken them nearly two years to prove they were right.

So what happens now? Does the arbitrator order TTFF accounts to be audited. If so, is this the beginning of the end for TTFF?

There haven't been more comments because all this does is confirm what many already felt was apparent...that the TTFF owed the money to the players.  When they're eventually made to open their books and pay out it will indeed be the end of a long arduos process, but again...I still wouldn't expect 10-20 pages of comments because people are tired of discussing the obvious.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

Daz £2,000,000.  Not to say dey doh deserve it.  They do.  But I cyah see Jack ever authorising TTFF to pay dat amount.

Do you know the meaning of 'legally binding'?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »

Play yuh doh know de meaning of Jackula.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2008, 12:36:58 PM »

Jackula might be above the FIFA laws, but he has yet to prove himself above the law.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »

Jackula might be above the FIFA laws, but he has yet to prove himself above the law.

Eh heh?

Like yuh did fuhget bout de lil yute who did get bounce down and dead by a former national coach or wha?

Terrible tragedy.  Unfortunate accident.  But no legal repercussions fuh de individual involved.  Why yuh tink dat was?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »
Next thing yuh hear the TTFF bankrupt after the England match...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
D tie tounge tief say if dey say I have 2 pay i go pay but I hope dey know dey are ruining demself. In other words Sancho 4get d RWB. Dats ok all yuh go b in d history books like Rosa Parks
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 02:03:36 PM »

Eh heh?

Like yuh did fuhget bout de lil yute who did get bounce down and dead by a former national coach or wha?

Terrible tragedy.  Unfortunate accident.  But no legal repercussions fuh de individual involved.  Why yuh tink dat was?

Key point there being that no liability was established in court.  Liability nas now been established in an international forum, so there's no country that Jack or the TTFF can run to to hide their assets, which the players are free to go after should Jack/The TTFF fail to pay.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »
Next thing yuh hear the TTFF bankrupt after the England match...

Yeah well bankruptcy is about more than just saying "we bankrupt".

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »
I haven't checked FIFA regs, but I'm sure that if a country's federation is bankrupt, they are automatically suspended from all FIFA competitions.

My question, if that is true, is this. Will everyone blame these players or will they blame TTFF if the Warriors are kicked out of the world cup qualifiers?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2008, 03:46:32 PM »
I haven't checked FIFA regs, but I'm sure that if a country's federation is bankrupt, they are automatically suspended from all FIFA competitions.

My question, if that is true, is this. Will everyone blame these players or will they blame TTFF if the Warriors are kicked out of the world cup qualifiers?

Big question dat.

One has to wonder....

1 - Will TTFF let it get to that?  I say hell yeah.  Is Jackula yuh dealin wit.  He go blame de "greedy" players and de Government fuh it too.

2 - Will the players and T&T football in general (including fans and corporate) have the gumption and the BALLS to sacrifice a potential World Cup appearance to perhaps finally get rid of the TTFF as it stands?  I say NO!

3 - Let's say TTFF does claim bankruptcy and FIFA does suspend T&T per their regulations, does this automatically mean the end of the TTFF as it stands?  I say NO!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2008, 03:55:01 PM »
I can't see the players getting blame. As a matter of fact, I dare Jack to carried it that far to get suspension.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2008, 04:08:17 PM »

Jackula was mentored by Jean-Marie Faustin Goedefroid de Havelange and maybe you should read "Foul".
You ever heard of the Mafia...well this is not the Mafia nuh...
it is FIFA
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 04:38:36 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »
If it takes suspension and missing the WC to put TTFF in order, then so be it.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 04:43:15 PM »
D tie tounge tief say if dey say I have 2 pay i go pay but I hope dey know dey are ruining demself. In other words Sancho 4get d RWB. Dats ok all yuh go b in d history books like Rosa Parks

Where yuh hear him saying dat??  on a news clip??

Yeah well we not surprised are we??  daiz de only way de man know to operate....that is code for anybody else want to try to test me.....will never see de light of day in dis country....dat eh nutten cuz

GOD DOH SLEEP!!!...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
If it takes suspension and missing the WC to put TTFF in order, then so be it.

Now we talking. Daiz de real deal talking dey. Powerful point. Iz hard to underscore enough how important those few words are and how much it may seem counter to the prevailing culture in T&T.. but it is slowly changing, and maybe not as slow as yuh think.  ::)
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »
got a question here...
the big parade they had that ended in the stadium and had a big presentation when they came back....
did they each get $1 million TT  then??
and thas not when certain members of the technical staff werent included etc.

havin trouble keeping up with this madness

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2008, 05:04:24 PM »

''

the TTFF can't go backrupt if they simply show the government their audit, so they can get money from the government. but the Government haven't heard any reply from the TTFF since that offer.  So the ball is still in TTFF court and they have to take all the blame

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2008, 05:20:48 PM »
Trinidad World Cup players win payment dispute over 2006 World Cup revenue
The Associated Press

Published: May 21, 2008

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad: A group of players from Trinidad's 2006 World Cup side has won an arbitration ruling from a London court that one says entitles them to some of the profit the team generated from playing in soccer's quadrennial championship.

Goalkeeper Kelvin Jack said he and 15 of his teammates had filed a complaint against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation seeking at least half of the profit earned.

The government has declined to release that figure. Officials say the federation made US$28 million (€18 million) from the World Cup. The federation has declined to comment.

The complaint originally was registered in Trinidad, but then moved to England — where many of the players play their club soccer — after both sides agreed to arbitration.

Jack was one of four players who testified during last month's hearings. He told The Associated Press Thursday that he considered the ruling a victory.
Today in Sports
Will Moscow be red or blue? Will its grass be green?
IHT Global Sports Forum With Christopher Clarey: French Open 2008; Part One - Thoughts On Henin
Spurs toppled Hornets, 91-82 in New Orelans in Game 7

"We still have some ways to go," he said. "This is no longer about the money, but about principle and respect."

He said a judge will decide in June how much each player will receive.

Trinidad became the smallest nation to play in the World Cup when it qualified for the 2006 championship in Germany. It was eliminated in the first round and finished last in its group but not before holding Sweden to a 0-0 draw and allowing two goals in the final seven minutes to lose to England 2-0.

Trinidad players to get disputed payment
The Associated Press

Published: May 21, 2008

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad: A London arbitrator ruled that a group of soccer players from Trinidad and Tobago is entitled to profits from the team's 2006 World Cup appearance.

Soccer player Kelvin Jack said he and 15 other players had filed a complaint against the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation seeking at least 50 percent of net profits earned.

The government has declined to release that figure. Government officials said the federation received $28 million in gross profits. Federation spokesman Shaun Fuentes declined to comment.

The complaint originally was registered in Trinidad and Tobago, but moved to England — where many of the players play their club soccer — after both sides agreed to arbitration and was decided by Ian Mill.

Jack was one of four players who testified during last month's hearings. He told The Associated Press on Thursday that he considered the ruling a victory.

He said a judge will decide in June how much each player will receive.

Trinidad told to pay up
UK Guardian

Shaka Hislop, Stern John and Kenwyne Jones have won a first victory of their close season after an arbitration ruling found that the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation should pay its 2006 World Cup squad 50% of net profits in accordance with pre-tournament promises. The verdict, which is subject to a confidentiality clause, was leaked to the Trinidad Guardian on Monday after a hearing in London last month but the players must now establish what the TTFF generated from their participation. They have contended that it raised tens of millions of pounds through sponsorship and government grants.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:24:19 PM by E-man »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
A radio clip now say is 50% of gross. Lawd have mercy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 05:35:53 PM »
Jack already start getting confrontational
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 05:36:43 PM »
Arbitration, schmarbitration  de beast will never give away money cool cool so unless it have profit for de beast

Yuh feel ah man in england could make de man re-mortgage he diamond encrusted coffin dry so?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
I can't see the players getting blame. As a matter of fact, I dare Jack to carried it that far to get suspension.

Like you doh know Jack! That is his ace in the hole...getting us suspended. He will still be a VP in FIFA and getting paid you know.

And it will be the players fault as far as most of the country concerned. I mean, how many times it have people on this board blaming the greedy players over this thing here and we supposed to be the more knowledgeable ones when it come to football?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
A radio clip now say is 50% of gross. Lawd have mercy

According to Sancho on tv6 is 50% GROSS of the World Cup money and endorsments; 50% NET of the money from the warm-up games and 50% of the money for qualifying which they got some of already in January 2006. The TTFF said it was 6million francs and subtract 21% and 4% of some german taxes, but it turn out to be 7 million francs and tax free so they have to get the remainder.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
Yeah Spidey that is d money Jack say d gov't tax but d German gov't did not tax d money

1]; } ?>