March 28, 2024, 12:43:33 PM

Author Topic: Government institutes levy on use of Stadium effective Immediately  (Read 14726 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Just heard this on C.

This is above and beyond the previously agreed to fees according to TTTFF Secretary Richard Groden and is tantamount to a breach of contract.

I think the figure I heard was $150,000 or 10 % of gate receipts, whichever was greater.

The money is supposed to go for the upgrade and maintenance of the stadium and Minister Gary Hunt stated that the Government has already spent a lot of money to upgrade the facilities & ensure the Stadium is ready for June 1st's game against England.

It was on C television stream so ah doh have a link to de story.

More bacchanal.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:11:01 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Government institutes levy on use of Stadium effective Immediately
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 05:42:07 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Everybody wah dey pong ah flesh from Jackulito ... and well done to boot. Accountabiliy now for all dah money yuh plan to stash wey wit Scampinho. Share out some nah for those who break dey back fuh you to salivate over de bonanza. I agree.

Huh!!yuhyai !! dah ruling open up a hornets nest dread. People seeing weakness fuh de first time and smelling blood. Seek um!!   :whip:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:45:43 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:46:40 PM »
lord the news hitting left and right tonight on tv, Sancho was on Tv6 , then ah hear on CNC3 about the money, and jack already issue he statement sounding vex, Scottie get interview , Sancho say he baffled by some of the team selection, Stadium bacchanal, New Kit come out today, lord rel action.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 05:49:40 PM »
its the HCS Jack Tax ;D
or the TTF F right off Tax

all I know is dat Jack Sphincter MUST be in spasms oui
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:54:42 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
Boy, politics and football doh mix. Yuh cyah want to be de godfather of de football mafia AND ah godfather in the opposition party too. ::)

And yuh cyah play wrong and strong, especially when yuh know that de money yuh intend to fleece make off people AAAALLLLLLL depends on T&T staging that game. After all, no TV rights for you if dey want to hold it in England.  ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
Yall laughing and shit...The game can get canceled if this not resolved

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 06:01:12 PM »
TTFF can't have it both ways. They want a spic and span stadium for the centennial match. They complain the gov't eh doing nothing. Well the gov't spend the "people's money" for the big occasion. All the tickets are sold out. Why get the people get a return on their investment.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 06:04:54 PM »
true that, this aint no ordinary match, upgrades had to be done.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

This game not more important than cleaning up our football.

Plus the game can't be canceled once tv involved already, trust me. Too much money will get lost.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »
Letter issued to Minister of Sport Re: Rental of Hasley Crawford Stadium for T&T vs England.

Attached is a letter sent to Minister of Sport Gary Hunt on Tuesday May 20, 2008 in reference to the issue over the Rental of the Hasely Crawford Stadium for the T&T vs England encounter. Ministry issues letter on May 15 insisting on new rental fees for the encounter... fees totally different to what have been the norm over past twenty years.

20th May 2008

The Minister of Sport
The Honourable Gary Hunt
Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs
Issa Nicholas Building
Corner Duke and Frederick Streets.
Port of Spain.

Dear Sir,

I act for and on behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).

I am instructed that my client will be hosting the historic international friendly football game between Trinidad and Tobago and England on the 1st June 2008 which said game is scheduled to be played at the Hasley Crawford (HC) stadium in Port of Spain.

In contemplation of this game, my client approached the Ministry of Sport by letter dated 18th February 2008 requesting the use of the facility for the game and received a written response from Mr. Wilfred Stephen, Stadium Manager dated March 11th 2008 agreeing to the use of the facilities subject to the rescheduling of certain events carded for the same date.

The TTFF was also informed in the said letter that rental charges would be forwarded at a later date. Mr. Richard Groden, General Secretary of the TTFF and Mr. Stephen met on or about 15 March 2008 when it was agreed that the stadium was available for use by the TTFF and that the only issue to be agreed upon would be the rental cost. Mr. Stephen agreed that the terms of renting the stadium would be the same terms on which the TTFF had rented the stadium over the past 20 years for national and international games.     

Accordingly, and having received oral confirmation to that effect, and in reliance thereon,  Mr. Groden entered into an agreement for and on behalf of the TTFF with the English Football Association (FA) on the 17h March 2008 for the hosting and conduct of the game at the stadium.

The terms and conditions of the agreement dealt inter alia with the use of the stadium for the purposes of advertising, tickets and access. Pursuant to this agreement and with the knowledge and confirmation of Mr. Stephen, the TTFF hosted officials of the English FA at the HC stadium on or about 12th to 14th March 2008 and conducted an examination of the facility and reviewed the use of it insofar as advertising, seating and security were concerned. This demonstrated further ratification of the said agreement entered into between your Ministry and my client.

This game is not only historic, but indeed unprecedented since the hosting of England in Trinidad & Tobago places the country at a different level on the international footing in the sporting world. The TTFF which celebrates its 100th  year anniversary this year endured great efforts to secure England to play this game in Trinidad and Tobago and considers that their presence here would be a victory for all Trinbagonians. The TTFF has had a long and distinguished history in the promotion and hosting of the sport of football and the individual players. Indeed, the success of qualifying for the 2006 World Cup speaks volumes for the contribution the TTFF has made and continues to make to the sport of football in the country.

My client, in the spirit of this historic game, requested by letter dated April 12th 2008 that you consider a waiver of the fees agreed to in March for the use of the stadium but later withdrew the request by letter dated May 5th 2008 due to the lack of co-operation from you.

I am instructed that my client was shocked and astounded to receive from your Mr. Stephen a draft lease agreement on 15th May 2008 when Mr. Richard Groden attended a meeting which Mr. Stephen had requested. The said draft lease contains terms and conditions which were markedly different to those which were agreed to at the previous meetings and upon which my client placed heavy reliance and acted upon.

By letter dated 20th May 2008 my client wrote to you seeking an urgent determination of this matter.

I am instructed to request from you a declaration that the contract entered into on or about 15th  March 2008 and the oral representations made between the TTFF and yourself are binding and to renege therefrom would amount not only to a breach of contract but will have serious consequences of loss, embarrassment and liability to my client. My client agreed to use the facilities of the national stadium solely on the basis of the agreement entered into on or about the 15th day of March 2008. This eleventh hour draft lease which does not reflect the agreement between your ministry and our client, with less than 10 days before the scheduled game is not only disingenuous but will cause irreparable damage to reputation of the TTFF and subject each and every citizen of Trinidad and Tobago to shame and humiliation and will result in a breach of contract with the English FA and may result in a cancellation of the match.

The TTFF also on the basis of the said agreement advertised and sold tickets locally and internationally for the match which is to take place on 1st June 2008. Had the Ministry of Sport any objection to the hosting of the game at the stadium it should have taken all steps necessary to advise the TTFF and the public that tickets ought not to be sold.

I am further instructed to inform you that this international game is scheduled to be televised world wide thereby commanding great attention and respect for this country and the sport of football. As a consequence it is imperative that personal and political differences are buried at this crucial hour and the joint efforts of your Ministry and our client are mobilized in the national interest.

I am instructed to request that you respond to this letter by 9:00 a.m on Friday 23rd May 2008 and indicate whether you are prepared to honour the terms of the agreement of the 15th March 2008 upon which my client has relied and upon which the game depends, failing which my client will be left with no alternative but to institute legal proceedings against you for breach of contract and seek injunctive relief to restrain you from denying my client access to the use of the facilities as previously agreed.

I look forward to your urgent response in this matter and hope that good sense will prevail so that an amicable resolution can be reached in the national interest.

Yours faithfully

Om Lalla

cc.Mr. Jack Warner
    Mr. Richard Groden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ministry's Press Release 
Ministry Insists on rental agreement with TTFF for use of Stadium

A rental agreement is part of the standard procedure in place for the use of any of the Ministry sporting facilities. As such, a similar document has been prepared for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) as a condition for the use of the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The TTFF proposes to host a friendly international at the Stadium on 1 June 2008 between Trinidad and Tobago and England.

Among the conditions contained in the agreement are:
-    A rental sum of TT$150,000 plus VAT or 10 % of the gross gate receipts, whichever sum is greater.
-    A refundable deposit of TT$45,000 towards damages.
-    Provision of advertising space, at a cost, within the television arc
-    Prohibition of alcohol and tobacco advertising

The agreement was prepared by the Ministry’s Legal Officer and is an attempt to professionalize the way the State-owned sport facilities do business with their clients. The Ministry is of the view that events of this level of international significance and magnitude must receive careful and detailed attention in order to ensure all liabilities are covered.

The Government of Trinidad and Tobago, through, the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs, has pumped about TT$1.3 million into the upgrade and renovation of the playing surface, practice field and other amenities at the Stadium. Mr Wilfred Stevens, Manager of the Hasely Crawford Stadium confirms that the works are 90% complete and will be ready in time for the encounter billed as “A Score to Settle”.

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Hon Gary Hunt confirms the agreement is “not too onerous” when compared to the costs associated with hosting such an event at a private facility. Minister Hunt adds that the contract agreement is keeping with the “new professional relationship” the Ministry wants to build with its stakeholders in sport.

Further, the Ministry has not received any indication from the TTFF that it is not in agreement with the proposed terms and conditions for the use of the Stadium

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »
This game not more important than cleaning up our football.
Tell dem Spidey

is like having Cancer...you have to undergo pain from the removal to be rid of the malignancy
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »
Charge dem no game eh being cancel
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:21:25 PM »
This facking politics ting........

When i heard this on news, i just hold my head and bawl as to how petty these people really are.

How de arse they could send ah letter stating the terms and conditions of the use of the stadium 2 weeks before the game!!??

That is real shit!!  Anyways, some seious chess/poker playing going on here

Your move Jack Warner, your move.....the f**king plot thickens!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »
CHARGE THEM  ;D  Jackass Warner pimping of trini football love is no more.  Gary Hunt hitting them left and right :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
My word. Jack hagging over the validity and binding nature of a ORAL contract. My goodness.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
My word. Jack hagging over the validity and binding nature of a ORAL contract. My goodness.
So Bourbon, did the arbitrator, Ian Mill, make a mistake or you do agree with him.
Oral Contracts ARE binding.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 06:41:37 PM »
So Bourbon, did the arbitrator, Ian Mill, make a mistake or you do agree with him.

Welll...what was the previous arrangement? $150,000 or 10% of the gate receipts which ever is greater? If those conditions ARE the previous ones...and someone said that would be the agreement used....well.....dahs wha dey hadda go with. De heart attack Jack musbe getting is the 10% of gross receipts. Buh...lets see how it develops. :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »

Welll...what was the previous arrangement? $150,000 or 10% of the gate receipts which ever is greater? If those conditions ARE the previous ones...and someone said that would be the agreement used....well.....dahs wha dey hadda go with. De heart attack Jack musbe getting is the 10% of gross receipts. Buh...lets see how it develops. :devil:
firstly my bad as I thought that you were referring to the Arbitrators rulling......

Yes, you may be right, this could get troubling as the fee was agreed to, now the government increased the fee. The Govt cant act like Jack now
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 06:49:11 PM »
Let him pay d govt and he eh payin d players
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »

10% of gross is:

gross: $1200 x 1000 + $600 x 4150 + $300 x 18040 = $9,102,000
10% $910,200 - a little bit more than $150,000

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »

10% of gross is:

gross: $1200 x 1000 + $600 x 4150 + $300 x 18040 = $9,102,000
10% $910,200 - a little bit more than $150,000

I could be wrong but as soon as i read it, i took the 150K to be US not TT
that would be about $945,000

EDIT, duh my bad... i see its TT$$
i feel like a 9000 post man now
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:30:47 PM by ricky »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »
Eman go on d money threat and calculate d money d players could get

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »

.....and..... ???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 07:16:58 PM »
thief from thief does make God laugh.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 07:18:27 PM »
This facking politics ting........

When i heard this on news, i just hold my head and bawl as to how petty these people really are.

How de arse they could send ah letter stating the terms and conditions of the use of the stadium 2 weeks before the game!!??

That is real shit!!  Anyways, some seious chess/poker playing going on here

Your move Jack Warner, your move.....the f**king plot thickens!!

ah love it!!

Nothing petty at all....the TTFF puts forth a good case in their letter, but the government has an equally convincing case for raising the fees.  I'd be surprised if this actually ever makes it to court.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 07:19:30 PM »

.....and..... ???

And?  are you kidding me....How embarrassing it would be on a world stage...De TTFF , Government ,Nation... we will all look like jokers ...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:14 PM »
thief from thief does make God laugh.

And i sure God musbe front row dead centre in comedy fest.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »
What wrong with what the Ministry do ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
Yes, you may be right, this could get troubling as the fee was agreed to, now the government increased the fee. The Govt cant act like Jack now

There was no prior fee agreed to... the arrangement Lalla is referring to is the fact that the gov't has been charging them a standard fee the past twenty years, so his argument is that the prior business dealings between them have established a set fee.  In reliance upon this fee (it is argued) that the TTFF budgeted what their expenses would be for hosting the event.

The Ministry of Sport could easily counter that the costs for this particular game has made it necessary to increase the rental fee...besides, it's imprudent to expect fees to stay the same for as long as 20 yrs, let alone beyond.  Even so, if you ask me $150,000 (given how much the TTFF is projected to rake in) still seems quite a bargain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 07:28:32 PM »
Wazza,
            I don't care who feel embarassed. The world eh care about TT football anyhow. We need to rectify our football admin. once and for all. As much as I want this game to play, it it take embarassment to straighten out, so be it.

1]; } ?>