March 29, 2024, 01:09:13 AM

Author Topic: Government institutes levy on use of Stadium effective Immediately  (Read 14732 times)

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Government institutes levy on use of Stadium effective Immediately
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2008, 03:32:31 AM »
I juss vex Hunt boil down from 10% to $150,000

Hunt was never going to let the game be cancelled. He wanted to put down his marker and let Jack know-publicly-that he can no longer do what he wants, when he wants. If he doesn't follow correct procedure, Hunt will stop him.

Warner knows he's in a fight and cannot be seen to be subservient to the government (which every citizen should be). Therefore, despite Hunt saying he will revert to original agreement (which was probably his intention all along), Warner still wants to take it to court so he can prove a point. No Minister is gonna tell him what he can do in the country he owns. If he loses the England game, he knows some unintelligent people will side with him. He can go to Sydney and tell FIFA "Look what I'm up against. I've been planning this game for 3 years and the stupid minister cancelled it because of politics"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
Ah sorry eh, but the more I read bout this issue on this forum the clearer it is that there are varying levels of intelligence on this forum. There is book sense, and there is common sense, but then yuh have people on this site making no sense. ::)

They really say the english language is a difficult one, but some people clearly cannot read and understand, nor read between the lines. Another great Trinidadian trait is not reading or researching for yourself, but depending on someone to tell you what is what. And of course that leads to believing spin and nonsense.

Bakes, WestCoast and de rest, fellas leave people to believe what they want. We know what going on, what has been going on all this time, and no one can make us believe any spin or media hype.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2008, 08:36:48 AM »
Trinis can always read and write but neva comprehend reds u want dem 2 do research come nah man or should I say woman. It have 2 peeps on dis board peeps who like football and eh care dat in order 4 d game dey like 2 progress we need 2 get rid ah JW. Then u have does who know dat JW have 2 go and would take baby steps 2 get their. D WN press release last yr was a baby step and wearin black is another baby step
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2008, 02:59:03 PM »
Trinidad stadium row threatens England friendly

Updated: May 22, 2008, 7:39 AM ET

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, May 21 (Reuters) - England's friendly international with Trinidad and Tobago on June 1 risks being cancelled due to a domestic row over rental terms for the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The Caribbean nation's football federation (TTFF) and Ministry of Sports are in dispute over advertising issues, rental fees and other elements of an agreement the TTFF said was changed last week by the ministry, which owns the ground.

On Wednesday, Jack Warner, a TTFF 'special advisor' and FIFA vice-president, said unless the terms were changed or an injunction against the sports minister was successful the England match would be cancelled.

'If the minister does not answer and withdraw this agreement, we have authorised (our attorney) to file an injunction to restrain the minister for imposing these conditions. If the injunction fails, the match fails, I refund people their money and apologise to the world.

'If the injunction wins, then the game is on. If the minister chooses to withdraw this today, then there is no injunction, the game is on, ' Warner, who is also joint-leader of the country's opposition party, said on local radio.

A letter from the TTFF's attorney, published in local media on Wednesday, said the conditions demanded by the ministry 'will result in a breach of contract with the English FA and may result in a cancellation of the match'.

However, an FA spokesman was quoted in British media saying: 'We have not been made aware of any threat to the game and fully expect it to go ahead as planned. This is an internal issue which we are confident will be resolved soon.'

The dispute is the latest in a series of spats involving the TTFF and comes after it was ordered this week by an arbitration panel in London to pay its 2006 World Cup squad extensive bonuses.

The players, who have been refusing to play for the national team due to the nearly two-year long dispute, were told by the panel they should receive half the country's participation money and commercial revenues and income from pre-tournament friendly matches.

The players' England-based attorney, Michael Townley, said on Wednesday he intended to file for an interim award of US$7 million to be split among his clients based on the 'limited information made public by the TTFF'.

It would mean each player would be entitled to about US$280,000. The TTFF initially offered them US$910 each in October, 2006.

'At the moment, the players have not received a single cent and it is important to have some money flowing from this exercise,' said Townley.

Trinidad and Tobago sports minister Gary Hunt is confident the friendly will go ahead as planned.

Hunt told the Trinidad Express: 'The government has entered in talks with the TTFF with a position that we would like the game to go on.

'They (the TTFF) are willing (to talk).

'There is legal posturing, but they are willing. That is the impression left with me today.'

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/news/story?id=537762&cc=5901
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2008, 04:14:50 PM »
D players who refuse 2 play 4 d last 2 yrs who is d foooooooooool dat write dat piece ah crap. D blacklist suppose 2 b lifted and people eh even know dat there was a blacklist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2008, 01:34:12 AM »
Aye cyah believe the ttff wanted to pay $910 measley dollars each to we football hero.  Any way we know Warner and TTFF will blink first cuz he know he cyah cancell the match. He will get nuff bottle pelt he way :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2008, 05:20:52 AM »
D players who refuse 2 play 4 d last 2 yrs who is d foooooooooool dat write dat piece ah crap. D blacklist suppose 2 b lifted and people eh even know dat there was a blacklist

I tried commenting on the article to correct it, but you have to be a member of the site to post comments. I really can't be bothered. Anyone who can feel free to post this

The players have not been "refusing to play for the national team for the past two years." They were officiously barred from selection after the announcement of their initial decision to take the federation to court for their unpaid dues. Some 8 odd months later, this secret "blacklist" was officially avowed.
It remained in effect until it was lifted in February of this year. While a few of the players party to the suit (4) have since been reintegrated to the team in one manner or another, there remains however a secondary officious list targetting the perceived ringleaders of the players movement.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2008, 09:01:08 AM »
i won't be there, but i think i'll reconsider ever supporting PNM again i this match cancel... if this is the way Gary hunt move. look at the timin of this ting.petty
  i wonder if jack onto something when he say that gary not into football...

This is exactly what Warner wants people to do, he politicises everything to make the current government look bad and he's the biggest thief in the country. All the crime happening and he can't say a word because he's a white collar criminal himself, the worst of the lot.

On the fact of the stadium rental, the agreement was always there but since the TTFF never have money, they used to get a 'bligh' now the stadium management realise the kind of money being hidden, they must have said no more. Gary Hunt still giving them a bligh because he said he'll take the 150k and not the 10% of gate money which is more. Jack could pull that money out of his wallet but since he's the scamp who he is, he doesn't want to pay and then have people thinking he's lost a battle.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
i won't be there, but i think i'll reconsider ever supporting PNM again i this match cancel... if this is the way Gary hunt move. look at the timin of this ting.petty
  i wonder if jack onto something when he say that gary not into football...

This is exactly what Warner wants people to do, he politicises everything to make the current government look bad and he's the biggest thief in the country. All the crime happening and he can't say a word because he's a white collar criminal himself, the worst of the lot.

On the fact of the stadium rental, the agreement was always there but since the TTFF never have money, they used to get a 'bligh' now the stadium management realise the kind of money being hidden, they must have said no more. Gary Hunt still giving them a bligh because he said he'll take the 150k and not the 10% of gate money which is more. Jack could pull that money out of his wallet but since he's the scamp who he is, he doesn't want to pay and then have people thinking he's lost a battle.
TELL DEM FATZ

if Hunt come through.....I going and Support PNM
(Allya doh tell TT eh...he go soak dong heself) :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »
Any updates on this impass..I have been stuck behind this computer all morning

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
D TTFF eh turn up 4 d meeting

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:11 AM »
De meeting dat was set for today, ya talkin bout day Weary?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »

Ah was kinda expecting it the other way around since I was listening to Minister Hunt on the radio at minutes to 8 this morning. Ahh well.

It real hard for me because I collecting my tickets tomorrow.(yes the TTFF gave us Tobagonians a bit of help) Everybody done pay already but I have to hand over meh $1200(not reserved but 4 uncovered) knowing full well that it might be in vein.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2008, 11:35:13 AM »
correct dat meeting

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
Ah was kinda expecting it the other way around since I was listening to Minister Hunt on the radio at minutes to 8 this morning. Ahh well.
It real hard for me because I collecting my tickets tomorrow.(yes the TTFF gave us Tobagonians a bit of help) Everybody done pay already but I have to hand over meh $1200(not reserved but 4 uncovered) knowing full well that it might be in vein.
is Intravenous ya takin dem tings man?

easy on meh eh Rastaman, is Friday orrite :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
De meeting dat was set for today, ya talkin bout day Weary?
correct dat meeting
and some people BLAMING de Government

Boy, I ent kno nuh
Open allya eyes and ears people
TTFF is de REAL Shithongs
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:40:16 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

Ent they say the meeting was 9 o'clock, or was that just the deadline ???

Ah sorry but ah was more up to date when ah was living n England  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2008, 11:41:35 AM »
arm......... :whistling:
check de hi-lited word up so ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:44:05 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
arm......... :whistling:
check de hi-lited word up so ;D

OK OK ah look for that one  :beermug:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
Yeah, weary say de TTFF ent show......
Om Lalla must be tell Jackula to stay home and keep he mout shut
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 11:48:15 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
Um Balla must be tell Jackula to stay home and keep he mout shut
Well let we hope he listen to him.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
or hor
you talkin
PERMANENTLY
dat WOULD be sweet :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2008, 12:06:01 PM »
or hor
you talkin
PERMANENTLY
dat WOULD be sweet :devil:
If only we would be so lucky....

ah going and see if I could get any news.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2008, 05:27:26 PM »
Iujunction dey b4 Madam Justice Carol Gobin as I type

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
Um Balla
:rotfl:
I have to Clarify that it was me that made the original mistake about the spelling of Om Lalla's name and not Rastaman
I had fixed it, but not before my post was quoted.
Sorry for any inconvenience
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:07:00 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2008, 12:59:43 PM »
Um Balla
:rotfl:
I have to Clarify that it was me that made the original mistake about the spelling of Om Lalla's name and not Rastaman
I had fixed it, but not before my post was quoted.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Goosh.....them men ent missing a beat boy

1]; } ?>