April 29, 2024, 11:43:38 AM

Author Topic: Young Jack  (Read 1862 times)

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young Jack
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
Young Jack bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. When the farmer drove up the next day, he said, 'Sorry boy, but I have some bad news... de donkey is on my truck, but he dead.'

Jack replied, 'Well den, just give meh my money back.' The farmer said, 'I cyah do that. I went and spent it already.' Jack, 'OK then, just unload the donkey anyway.' The farmer asked, 'What yuh gonna do with him?'

Jack said, 'I going to raffle him off.' To which the farmer exclaimed, 'You cyah raffle off a dead donkey!' But Jack, with a big smile on his face, said 'Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody that he dead.'

A month later the farmer met up with Jack and asked, 'Wha happen with dat dead donkey?'

Jack said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a huge profit' Totally amazed, the farmer asked, 'Didn't anyone complain that yuh had stolen their money because you lied about the donkey being dead?'

And jack replied, 'The only man who found out about the donkey being dead was the raffle winner, when he came to claim his prize. So I gave him his $2 back plus $200 extra, which is double the going value of a donkey, so he thought I was a great guy.'

Jack grew up and eventually became "special advisor to TTFF", and no matter how many times he lied or how much money he stole from the people of Trinidad, as long as he gave them back some of the stolen money, most of them thought he was a great guy.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Young Jack
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

If your uncle Jack helped you off a donkey, would you reciprocate and help your Uncle jack off?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 02:15:52 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: good one
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »
this could be a true story. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:01:46 AM »

I wouldn't doubt it  :o

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »

I wouldn't doubt it  :o
I go go out on ah limb here and say that I personally read that in "Hero to Zero" :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>