March 28, 2024, 07:01:37 AM

Author Topic: FA will make a financial loss on T&T trip.  (Read 5384 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
FA will make a financial loss on T&T trip.
« on: May 22, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »
FA 'too willing to dance to Fifa's tune'.
By: Matt Dickinson (Chief Sports Correspondent, Times).

The FA will make a financial loss on the trip to Trinidad and Tobago next week, to the anger of several board members. They have raised concerns that the organisation is bending over too far in its desperation to win votes for the 2018 World Cup bid, which is the main justification for travelling to the Caribbean.

Although the precise loss is unknown, and not even senior FA councillors have been told, it has caused more internal debate about how far the governing body should be going in its quest to host the 2018 tournament.

There is particular disquiet that the FA is allowing Jack Warner, the controversial vice-president of Fifa, to dictate the financial terms of the visit by Fabio Capello’s England squad, which may be without some of the shattered Champions League finalists. The England manager made a concession last night when he said that he would allow them to report tomorrow morning rather than tonight, a move that he would hope guarantees a full turnout.

Warner has been embroiled in various scandals, including ticket-touting by his son, during his time as president of Concacaf, the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, and has survived because of the personal backing of Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president.

With so many superstars in the England team, which allows the hosts to cash in through gate money and television rights, the FA would normally drive a hard bargain and come home with a healthy profit. But experienced FA politicians will say that the “small loss” is a price that has to be paid if England are to be serious bidders for 2018, given Warner’s influence at Fifa.

Warner had previously said that he would fight against an English bid, describing the country as an “irritant” who were hated by all of Europe. But the promise of a visit from David Beckham and company and the chance to fill the Hasely Crawford Stadium to its 23,000 capacity has succeeded in softening him up, at least publicly.

He has subsequently argued that he was reflecting the opinions of other “football grandees” and would be happy to see an England bid. The FA is likely to have rivals from Australia, China, the United States and Canada, as well as from within Europe, for the tournament in 2018.

Trinidad and Tobago are celebrating a century of football on the islands in the match scheduled to take place a week on Sunday, and which is expected to go ahead despite a row between the local football federation and its Government over the stadium rental.

It is part of an 11-day training camp that Capello has organised so that he can work with a group of 30 players. There will be questions about the readiness of Chelsea and United players to face up to friendly internationals, starting with a visit by the United States to Wembley on Wednesday.

With most of the squad scheduled to meet at England’s Watford base last night, Capello had initially given the finalists an extra 24 hours, until 8pm this evening, to rest. The Italian was reluctant to make any more allowances because, since taking up the post in January, the longest he has gathered his players together is three days.

He may take mercy on those who have endured particularly tough seasons by sparing them the trip to Port of Spain next week, although England will not want to leave too many players behind, given that impressing Warner is a priority.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:23:46 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: FA will make a financial loss on T&T trip
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
the plot thickens
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »
There you go. Everyone says people make money out of football.

Jacks not making any money. The FA aren't making any money and now Hunts not allowed to make any money.

But wait. Whats this?

"With so many superstars in the England team, which allows the hosts to cash in through gate money and television rights, the FA would normally drive a hard bargain and come home with a healthy profit. But experienced FA politicians will say that the “small loss” is a price that has to be paid if England are to be serious bidders for 2018, given Warner’s influence at Fifa."

I thought Jack had agreed to give the TV rights to the FA as part of the deal?

So, if Jack hasn't sold the TV rights and FA haven't sold them, BBC must be sneaking in without a ticket.

You know, I bet this is what happened with the world cup money. Jack thought Camps had done the deal, Camps thought Jack had done the deal and nasty old Adidas, Carib, KFC, ebay etc got free WC sponsorship. Now I understand why Jack could only give players $5,000TT.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:54:06 PM »
All joking aside, someone needs to find out he truth here. My friend at the BBC said that the BBC isn't exactly awash with money, and a friendly match screened at 10.30pm on a sunday night will not be a big event. (Many people watch England matches in bars, but many won't want to do that if they have to work monday morning).

But even so, I cannot believe that they got the rights for free.

TTFF: We have received no $$.
T&T Guardian Reports.

The TTFF last night denied that it had received money for the television rights for the T&T-England clash on June 1 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The TTFF indicated that the TV rights were given to the English FA for England and Europe as a condition precedent for them to play in Trinidad.

“To date, no one has contracted with the TTFF for the TV rights of the Caribbean or the Americas or even Trinidad,” the statement added.

There is absoloutely no reason for the FA to lie. In fact, it is damaging for them to announce this game will lose money for the FA. Given the feeling in England towards Jack, a loss to the FA is very embarrasing.

So, if the FA aren't lying.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 07:30:58 PM »
It is all a joke now.

I would have thought that this would be an opportunity to show up Jack because the FA would be more transparent and we would have a good idea of how much Jack is actually making but I am not confident.

They make a decision to whore themselves for Concacaf votes (in the 1st round probably) and they will follow through with whatever demands Jack make.

I wondering if they even regretting making an agreement with Warner to play this game. The more noise this game makes they worse they look and the more negative vibes they will be building up among non Concacaf voters with this obvious pandering.

In fact if I was another Concacaf member state I would be pissed because Jack selling confederation votes for TTFF/personal gain. But who knows maybe England coming to Concacaf every year until the vote?

Grenada, yuh turn coming, doh worry.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »
2018 at any course dey go take d loss now because of d gains if dey get d 2018 WC. I just hope after d sell d soul dey eh get it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »
JW will NOT support an ENG bid with a CONCACAF member in the running, I doubt he would take God out of his thoughts.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 09:12:13 PM »
God u say Jack  God is d almighty dollar
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
in every business...to make money,first yuh have to spend money.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 04:14:59 AM »
2018 at any course dey go take d loss now because of d gains if dey get d 2018 WC. I just hope after d sell d soul dey eh get it

I hope de English FA get a classic shaft from Jack when de time come.....

Ah trying to tell a couple forumites this.....Jack on all de media telling we dat dis game planning since 3 years ago and is for the public of T&T, while we more enlightened ones know is just to appease the UK FA after he tie tongue get him in trouble....steups....

CANCEL DE GAME JACK....GO AHEAD CANCEL IT....ah would love to see that!!!... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FA will make a financial loss on T&T trip.
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 04:28:35 AM »
I have written to the Matt Dickinson at the Times asking him to enquire as to who sold the rights to the BBC as I cannot believe the FA is making a loss if they were in fact given the TV rights for free.

Somebody is lying !

I have also called friend who is a journalist for the FT (sports section) and given him the background to this and he is going to make some calls.

Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:29 AM »
Somebody should chook Jack !!!! de man more nasty and corrupted than Hitler.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 05:17:30 AM »
Why does our football have to go through this?

Why cant we just play the game with eleven of our best players and see how good we match up against one of the top teams in the world?

Why all this controversy?

I know that the only reason that England coming is because Jack controls all 3 concacaf votes and he indirectly has control of about 6 more. 

They making ah deal with the man and that is nothing new to football since that is how countries eventually get to host these tournaments.

People was talking about this game, talking about the amount of exposure that our football team would get and how much people would be tuned into the match.  But i know realise that we getting a different kind of exposure. 

We getting the kind that would want most decent footballing nations to stay away from our shores.  We cant organise anyting here without the bachannal and the controversy. 

This game isnt worth all this shit!!

ah vex!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 05:50:56 AM »
JW will NOT support an ENG bid with a CONCACAF member in the running, I doubt he would take God out of his thoughts.

Yeah but because they vote in rounds he won't have to. All he has to do is promise England Concacaf votes AFTER any Concacaf bids get voted down, which is very likely.

The funny thing is England should have a very strong bid without Jack. They haven't hosted in 50 years, longer than the USA, Spain and Mexico and they are the country most likely to emulate the financial success that was Germanay 2006.

I guess  by courting Jack they covering all bases and are determined not to let this one slip which is funny since he screwed them over before, voting for them in the first round and then jumping ship in the second round.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 08:30:36 AM »
Are you all blind, this just proves what i thought all along, i was telling my sweat partners that England was paying their way and for everything regarding this trip. This was my theory and that is why the FA is making a loss because they don't really want to play us but it's a must because they want the vote so whatever demands Jack throw at them, they have to bend and take it although they will 'ben' and screw and make a loss.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 11:41:31 AM »
All ah we vex but we like it sooooooooo because Jackula have we bu d throat 4 yrs le somebody return d favour. If dis game eh play because it was neva goin 2 happen

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 12:27:54 PM »
Well its obvious they (England) will lose money. They usually charge an appearance fee of over one million dollars. Then
negotiations for TV etc. Obviously, they did not follow this for the T&T game, because they consider it the cost of
doing bribery business to get the WC votes.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »
Well its obvious they (England) will lose money. They usually charge an appearance fee of over one million dollars. Then
negotiations for TV etc. Obviously, they did not follow this for the T&T game, because they consider it the cost of
doing bribery business to get the WC votes.
Observer, I had to change your post as I doh like your insinuation eh :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
Are you all blind, this just proves what i thought all along, i was telling my sweat partners that England was paying their way and for everything regarding this trip. This was my theory and that is why the FA is making a loss because they don't really want to play us but it's a must because they want the vote so whatever demands Jack throw at them, they have to bend and take it although they will 'ben' and screw and make a loss.

Are you the same fella who published the breaking news story about the western sky taking on a strange red tinge every evening?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 04:24:23 PM »
http://www.i955fm.com/nowplaying.aspx

Just news.

Jack release a statement saying the Ministry greed and only doing what they doing over percieved profits.

The news say that Cappello told Chelsea and Man United players they don't have to come to Trinidad after the USA game, because T&T is not a true test for the first 11.

This maybe why JW doing what he doing by not showing up. The big guns probably was never carded to play vs T&&T and now JW making seem like it will eventually be the Ministry fault they are not coming.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:29:20 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 04:34:27 PM »

Just news.

Jack release a statement saying the Ministry greed and only doing what they doing over percieved profits.

The news say that Cappello told Chelsea and Man United players they don't have to come to Trinidad after the USA game, because T&T is not a true test for the first 11.

This maybe why JW doing what he doing by not showing up. The big guns probably was never carded to play vs T&&T and now JW making seem like it will eventually be the Ministry fault they are not coming.

suck people off they money lol. look thing  :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

Just news.

suck people off they money lol. look thing  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Called up for upcoming friendlies:

From Chelsea: Terry, A.Cole,W.Bridge(wasn't involved),J.Cole,F.Lampard, SWP??(wasn't involved)

From United: R.Ferdinand, W.Brown, O.Hargreaves, W.Rooney

Absentees most likely: A.Cole,Hargreaves,Rooney(due to hip injury)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
England Squad: David James (Portsmouth), Joe Hart (Man City), Chris Kirkland (Wigan), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), David Wheater (Middlesbrough), Jonathan Woodgate (Middlesbrough), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), David Bentley (Blackburn), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »

Are you the same fella who published the breaking news story about the western sky taking on a strange red tinge every evening?

I also said you were smart and to boycott the game but nobody listened especially to the first part... :rotfl: :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 09:40:32 AM »

I also said you were smart and to boycott the game but nobody listened especially to the first part... :rotfl: :rotfl:

um...okay.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>