April 19, 2024, 01:44:56 PM

Author Topic: Latapy rejects retirement  (Read 1604 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy rejects retirement
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
Latapy rejects retirement
ttffonline.com

Less than three months from turning 40, Russell Latapy is moving like Rocky Balboa these days. He’s been telling Falkirk manager John Hughes “One more round… just one more round..” And it seems the Scottish fans have been shouting “Go for it!”
Latapy has spoken out, saying that he wants to play another season for Falkirk in the Scottish Premier League.
"I've spoken to the manager and I'm still feeling strong enough .I still have the desire, so we decided I'd come back for pre-season, give it a go and take things from there.
"The feedback from other players is to keep playing as long as I'm still enjoying it and if I feel I can still make a positive contribution on the playing side then I'll definitely give it a go. That's the decision.
"In my coaching capacity here, one of my jobs is to try to make a difference with some of the younger players coming through.
"If I'm still playing sometimes I see things from on the pitch and hopefully I can help rectify some of the things that are happening in their game.I've invested the latter part of my playing career in the club and I've got an interest to see Falkirk go forward,” said Latas.
But the “Little Magician” wants to play more, saying that with 12 starts this season, he felt underused by the manager.
"I think I could have played a bit more this season but for one reason or another I didn't. The boys were doing really well and maybe that's one of the reasons. I don't expect to play as many games as I did last season but I think I can play more than I did this season,” Latapy told the Daily Record.
Hughes also added that Latapy is the best he’s worked with in terms of ability and he believes the wee man has another year in him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yorke: Sunderland times my happiest

He may have dreams of the treble success at Manchester United time and time again and may always relish the 2006 Germany World Cup experience with the “Soca Warriors” but Dwight Yorke rates his time with Sunderland among the best of his career.
Yorke is currently awaiting word from Roy Keane on whether he will keep him at the club perhaps in a player/coach role.
”It's been fantastic, getting promoted and winning the championship," he told BBC Radio Newcastle.
"And no doubt to get in the Premier League. Who would have said at 36 I'd be playing in the Premier League?"
 "The gaffer knows my personality, and that was part of the reason I was brought into the club because he needed someone with a bit of experience," Yorke added.   “He needed someone happy-go-lucky. He felt that was missing from the team when I came and of course with my experience which the lads have responded to me well.” The ex-Aston Villa forward has also continued attending coaching courses in recent times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randi tops A-League scorers

T&T forward Randi Patterson jumped to the top of goalscorers chart in the American A-League when he netted a 59th minute goal to lead Charleston Battery to a 1-0 win over Rochester Rhinos on Saturday.
Patterson, who made his debut for T&T in a 1-0 win over El Salvador some weeks back, now has five goals in seven matches to lead all scorers.
The win put Charleston to the top of the League table and five minutes after his winning item, he almost doubled up with a surging run before seeing his effort well stopped by the Rhinos goalie. Rhinos is the club of fellow T&T players Leslie Fitzpatrick and Atiba Charles.
Last Wednesday Patterson scored an 85th minute winner to lead Charleston to a 1-0 win over Montreal Impact. He also netted a double in a win over Miami FC the previous weekend. Meantime former Joe Public player Kendall Jagdeosingh had an assist on Puerto Rico Islanders’ 2-2 draw with Portland Timbers in the A-League on Saturday. His pass made way for Sandi Gbandi to open the scoring on 20 minutes. The Islanders will face local club Clico San Juan Jabloteh in the return Caribbean Club Championship playoff here on Saturday.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy rejects retirement
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:14:32 PM »
Nice nice, keep these posts coming FireBrand
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
Keep goin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
Really believe Randi should be playing at a higher level..Good luck to Yorke cause we support yuh on whatever choice yuh make ..and De fans in Falkirk telling Latapy to "Go for it"..so who the hell is we to tell him to stop

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »
Really believe Randi should be playing at a higher level..Good luck to Yorke cause we support yuh on whatever choice yuh make ..and De fans in Falkirk telling Latapy to "Go for it"..so who the hell is we to tell him to stop

i agree also.....randi is too much for that league.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »
And he damn well showing them he better than that league. He will be tearing up the MLS soon enough.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>