March 28, 2024, 07:57:04 AM

Author Topic: Mourinho: Grant Is A Loser  (Read 2630 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Mourinho: Grant Is A Loser
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:00:41 PM »
Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has labelled his recently sacked successor Avram Grant a ‘loser’ following the club’s first trophyless season in four years…
Stampa Articolo Invia ad un amico Contatta la redazione  galleria zoom    The Special One parted company with the Blues back in September after irreconcilable differences between he and club owner Roman Abramovich culminated in a rocky start to the season.

Grant took over on a caretaker basis but was handed the job permanently in December, much to the surprise of many observers who were predicting a big-name replacement.

But following Chelsea’s failure to collect a trophy, despite pushing Manchester United right to the wire both in the Premier League and the Champions League, Grant has received his marching orders – to the surprise of few, it must be said.

And Mourinho has stuck the boot in, claiming the Israeli was destined to fail due to lack of a winning mentality.

“In my philosophy it was a very bad one because in football ‘almost’ means defeat,” he said.

“Chelsea almost won the Carling Cup, almost won the Champions League, and almost won the Premier League. Almost is nothing.
“After two titles per season for the last three years there were zero titles this season.

“In my philosophy that means a really bad season.

“Maybe in the philosophy of a loser this was a great season, which I respect.”

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Mourinho: Grant Is A Loser
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
JM real heartless,talk about kickin ah man while he dong.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »
me thinks he is spewing his venom on the wrong person
DA?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »

heartless in truth
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:55:37 PM »
Heartless? Who u feel was whispering in Abromavich ear all the time and get him fired from Chelski? Mourinho not going and turn around and praise snake in the grass now, even if he had win anything.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 03:20:40 AM »
He jus lacks any grace or class, became very obvious in the prem.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:16 AM »

this line jus low :rotfl:, .......... which i respect ::)

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:30 AM »
Allyuh seem suprised. Is Jose.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
ouch
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 07:44:18 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 07:50:02 AM »
So how far did Mourinho take Chelsea in the Champions League?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Allyuh doh let Jose vex allyuh.....he eh know what he talking about..
he is a idiot..after all....grant IS a winner...

..ent he win 2nd place in BPL, CL and Carling?

::)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 08:51:14 AM »
So how far did Mourinho take Chelsea in the Champions League?

as i recall....he raise that trophy already with porto....chelsea, grant etc will never ever ever ever ever (yuh get the point) raise ah CL trophy :devil:

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 09:29:35 AM »
Now why I remember why I doh like dis jack&$#!

giggsy11

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »
Heartless? Who u feel was whispering in Abromavich ear all the time and get him fired from Chelski? Mourinho not going and turn around and praise snake in the grass now, even if he had win anything.

Yep, Jose ain't make up Grant record, it is there for all to see. He just calling it as Grant write it. Av was the one talking about how he changed Chelski's football style and how cope with the injuries, patting he self on his back. All that said, Jose is the one who instilled the winning mentality in those perenial losers like Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba- the so call heart/spine of the team.  So Jose right to crow, cause Grant ain't add nothing to the team Jose left.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »
he is right

arsenal liverpool chelsea are all losers this year we have won nothing

almost isn't good enough

what is good is the strength to improve on past loses to grow and win

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

Yep, Jose ain't make up Grant record, it is there for all to see. He just calling it as Grant write it. Av was the one talking about how he changed Chelski's football style and how cope with the injuries, patting he self on his back. All that said, Jose is the one who instilled the winning mentality in those perenial losers like Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba- the so call heart/spine of the team.  So Jose right to crow, cause Grant ain't add nothing to the team Jose left.

You're wrong, Giggsy. Grant added Anelka. ;D

In any event, based on these and other comments that Jose made during the course of this season since his departure, I truly think he harbours a substantial amount of resentment and bitterness towards the Abramogrant fraternity and whomever its pledges might be. John Terry? ???
That he is taking the first opportunity to throw mud on Grant's casket rather than to lay a flower might suggest that things may have been very, very ugly between them leading up to Jose's departure. should he have taken the high road? Who knows? Every cancer calls for its own course of treatment.

It tickles me how critics like zeppo and others are quick to compare "how far" abramogrant took Chelsea into the CL to Jose's record. Result of the "win now" mentality that is so prevalent among american(ized) fans and society. Jose coached Porto along a progressive path and did the same with Chelsea. Of course, the assets and circumstances of each club will dictate the curve and expectations of progression, but it's progression all the same. Jose was going to get Chelsea there sooner or later. But, as I have pointed out before, good thing for manu/fergie fans that manu didn't place that "win now" expectation on fergie.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »
mourinho is no diplomat ...he calls it like it is ...love him or hate him ..he has produced the goods. He is only saying aloud what is usually said behind closed doors ...you win or you are out ! is big money talking here ...dis eh no PR crap bout yuh give it yuh all and the spirit of the tournament etc... dem ting is for de papers ...for man who pumping millions into a venture ..you want results !!!
Grant did not get them ...so hasta las vista baby ...if dat too  harsh for him den he should try looking for ah wuk wid the peace keeping forces in Haiti , where you remain for life with little result  :beermug:
I agree with roman ..football should be pleasing to watch ..dat Chelsea game isnt! He wants to change dat ! good for him he can afford to say ...2nd is not good enough ..Ciao !

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »
he is right

arsenal liverpool chelsea are all losers this year we have won nothing

almost isn't good enough

what is good is the strength to improve on past loses to grow and win
          This is all sour Grapes,nobody lives in a perfect world,no two people is the same,no two teams are the same,you don't have to win anything to be a good team,what going on here or at this level of Football is all about business because when you lose it's money involved,Maurinho is holding his dismissal from Chelsea against Grant so he will never have anything good to say about him.Maurinho can call it like it is because he is in a position to call it like it is,he has results to prove that but it's not a good thing when Coaches bashing other Coaches. All the top English teams in the EPL are very good teams they prove that by dominating the just concluded championships,they all can't be champions at the same time,somebody has to win. 

1]; } ?>