April 19, 2024, 06:02:13 PM

Author Topic: South Africa in 2010???  (Read 5892 times)

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa in 2010???
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
...yeah been hearing bout things going on in South Africa and ah just eh make de time to follow the story....will check out those links later....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »
...yeah been hearing bout things going on in South Africa and ah just eh make de time to follow the story....will check out those links later....

Anti-immigrant purging by locals.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »

yeah been follwoing thta on the bbc..
ironic since during the aprathied times...many SA ran to some of these same countries...especially Zimbabwe... though the generation gap of some of the SA'a commiting violence... coming into play
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 02:08:56 PM »

yeah been follwoing thta on the bbc..
ironic since during the aprathied times...many SA ran to some of these same countries...especially Zimbabwe... though the generation gap of some of the SA'a commiting violence... coming into play

Doubly ironic... or in Trini parlance "jokey", since most of these fools wouldn't be caught dead doing the work many of these poor immigrants did.  Same shit, different country.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »
I am almost certain South Africa is going to lose the hosting rights. Apart from the violence they have serious problems with electricity supply. This latest episode was the last straw in my view. FIFA will likely make an announcement later this year and give it to a stable "developed" country. 

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
so who is next up to host if not south africa?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »
I am almost certain South Africa is going to lose the hosting rights. Apart from the violence they have serious problems with electricity supply. This latest episode was the last straw in my view. FIFA will likely make an announcement later this year and give it to a stable "developed" country. 

FIFA ent doing ah damn thing... the Cup in Africa is what Blatter envisions as his legacy.  Come hell or highwater... and to everyday South Africans hell dun reach so is just de deluge we waiting on now.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:55 PM »
"so who is next up to host if not south africa?"

England. The June 1 game is on not for the purposes of 2018 but rather to curry favor in order for Jack (SA's biggest supporter) to support a FIFA pullout of SA and award England the games.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »

FIFA ent doing ah damn thing... the Cup in Africa is what Blatter envisions as his legacy.  Come hell or highwater... and to everyday South Africans hell dun reach so is just de deluge we waiting on now.
Yuh go do that at the risk of human lives. I eh feel he so dotish. Look at the crisis in Zimbabwe and huge migration of people across the border. I think you're underestimating the extent of the security problem they have. Imagine they are burning humans in Jo-berg of all places, the cultural capital.

I and all want them to keep it but I think the RSA government has bigger problems than football now. That is what I think is going to be debilitating to the LOC.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »

Yuh go do that at the risk of human lives. I eh feel he so dotish. Look at the crisis in Zimbabwe and huge migration of people across the border. I think you're underestimating the extent of the security problem they have. Imagine they are burning humans in Jo-berg of all places, the cultural capital.

I and all want them to keep it but I think the RSA government has bigger problems than football now. That is what I think is going to be debilitating to the LOC.   

I not arguing what they should or shouldn't do...I'm just explaining to you why Sepp ent go switch the games.  Especially not this late, two years out from the opening ceremony.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 05:24:57 PM »

I not arguing what they should or shouldn't do...I'm just explaining to you why Sepp ent go switch the games.  Especially not this late, two years out from the opening ceremony.
Sepp have real balls to risk that.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 05:26:48 PM »
hmmm well they did say that SA 2010 will make FIFA a ton more money than germany did...even the value of contracts signed is about 25% more than germany...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
We have plenty practice of killing and kidnapping of innocent people in Trinidad so that should not be a problem.Trinidad just as lawless and Gvernment cyahn do shyte about it.South Africa should suit us down to the ground.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 05:56:50 PM »
We have plenty practice of killing and kidnapping of innocent people in Trinidad so that should not be a problem.Trinidad just as lawless and Gvernment cyahn do shyte about it.South Africa should suit us down to the ground.
During a world cup an estimated 1-2 million people visit the host country. These people need transportation, food, accommodation and other important services such as security, power and telecommunication. While I don't doubt that the RSA can meet some of these needs, in the present circumstances their capacity for effective service delivery throughout the nation consistently for almost 2 months has been seriously injured.

Your social commentary is duly noted but I think the parallels between T&T and RSA become less reasonable when considering that our  Immigration problem  is significantly less protracted and we don't have to stage mankind's greatest cultural achievement in 2 years.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 06:38:08 PM »

Your social commentary is duly noted but I think the parallels between T&T and RSA become less reasonable when considering that our  Immigration problem  is significantly less protracted and we don't have to stage mankind's greatest cultural achievement in 2 years.

Nicely played JG...A hard 6 straight to the boundary
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:04 PM »

;D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »

;D

Truly...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 07:43:12 PM »
Germany could do it again if it nice lets do it twice
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 05:35:26 AM »

;D

Truly...

Lovely....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »
The police chief believes he can steadily decrease the crime rate by 7-10% per year until the World Cup:

Police boss plays down World Cup fears

May 27 2008 at 07:54PM

Andre Pruis, South Africa's deputy National Police Commissioner, is optimistic the 2010 World Cup will be a peaceful success despite the recent wave of ant-immigrant violence.

"South Africa will be safer by the 2010 World Cup, our goal is to lower the crime rate year-by-year by between seven and ten percent," Pruis told a press conference at the South African embassy in Berlin on Tuesday.

Over the last three weeks violence against foreigners across the country has shaken the African nation with at least 56 people killed and more than a thousand arrests.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has already expressed his concern about the recent violence at an executive meeting of football's governing body in Sydney.

But Blatter also backed the South African government to improve the situation by the time the tournament starts in two years.

And in Berlin, Pruis said the situation has been under control since Tuesday morning.

For the 2010 World Cup, South Africa's police force has approximately $192,5-million at its disposal.

And South African's 41 000-strong police force is expected to be boosted by officers from other countries, as in the example of the 2006 World Cup.

"That would be good, because many of our officials cannot speak a foreign language," said Pruis.

And the South African police chief is hoping the 2010 World Cup will generate the same carnival atmosphere enjoyed by thousands of fans at Germany 2006.

"We want the officers to do their job, but not be visible, the party atmosphere should be in the foreground." - Sapa-AFP

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »
Wishhhhhhhhhhhhh himmmmmmmmmmmm wellllllllllllllllllll
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>