April 27, 2024, 12:26:41 PM

Author Topic: Which ONE player would you buy for your favorite club this off-season?  (Read 5737 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Chelsea - Robinho. 

Would give the much needed firepower to the left side and also help to bring a more attractive brand of football to the club.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man United - David Villa

Would score consistently..Strong..Fast and a Goal Scoring Machine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Philip Lahm -  Barca needs a class left and right back more than anything else. Lahm could play on either side

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Essien - Barca needs a utility man. A player who could play anywhere and could add some steel to the midfield and score some goals. 

Més que un club.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hope Solo - Sunderland - Since things dun spicy in the back, might as well throween lil sexy tuff too...The Sun should be able to dig up some secret shots (camera). Yorke go stay for sure, bachanal days mite be dun, but not forgotten

"To the hammer"
Look fans
All under the bed, trail
he tiefin RK head, trail
lash behind the door, trail,
askin KJ wha he waitin for, trail
Well the dragon doh walk the trail no more,
Well the dragon doh walk the trail no more
why he doh come home an coach
ah want to know

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Essien - Barca needs a utility man. A player who could play anywhere and could add some steel to the midfield and score some goals. 

Nice choice dey meh bredda, yuh make a lot of sense. Ah not telling yuh dat, cuz we are both real Barca fans. I said so cuz dis past season, dey had plenty fire power up front, but a player like u said wid dat type of steel in his game, wud do great for dem next season.Tuh me Barca didn't have dat at all dis past season.

My player dat I will buy for my favorite team (Barca) will be Evans Wise, he is de sweetest dribbler on de wing right now and is ah goal scoring machine 8).

Any way seriously doh, I will pick Dinho at dis point in time. Cuz he is already a world class player, and what more yuh cud u want tuh rejuvenate Mr. Dinho, by selling him and acting like yuh doh need him any more. Member mey told u all so, Dinho will be de talk ah de world next season, den again is WCQ coming up 2, all yuh watch de ride sah. Well ah cah put Dinho on meh favorite club, cuz he leaving meh favorite club  :-\. However, ah cud put him on de 2 other teams ah does still check 4 (AC Milan and Chelsea). HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:01:54 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Didier Drogba - Villareal ..if is one weakness we have is de lack of a power forward. The front men are a bit too light .... we could get more goals if we had someone who could muscle in on the opposition now and then.
Ricardo Quaresma - Boca ...what do you say to a team which has everything ???...more of the same ....I would like to see a flying winger who could score free kicks,dribble like anybody, set up goals and who has that little bit of arrogance as of to say ...stop me if you can. 
Tottenham - Fabregas ... I would pick Fabregas on any team to be honest ...I need not add to that.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Andre Samuel - Chelsea, holding midfied role (kick down man!!)
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sergio Aguero ... but he won't be going anywhere.

giggsy11

Pele, Socrates, Falcao, Zico, Junior or Van Basten!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Sunderland- Balotelli.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
Essien, Essien, Essien

but you always want what you cant have!

We done have Cristiano, that would have been first choice.

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Juventus - Carvalho

Ah know real players looking to leave tha shit side and we would gladly take this one. Juve still have good strikers and a decent midfield but we lackin at the back a lil bit. Buffon need somebody tough in front ah him. This could also help Chiellini move back to left back and put Molinaro on the bench...he don't look good enough for Fulham far less Juve. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Inter - Berbatov he would complimnet Zalatan really well up front though I seeing Adriano getting back in form and Cruz does the Biz we might more look at a creative mid
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Any big team in de world  ...Stern facking John.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
speaking about ballotelli, yea what you'll think about this youth , he certainly in my eys right up there with bojan , pato an dos santos , a next very good young player is giovicno, from eploi i think an playin with Italy under 23

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
speaking about ballotelli, yea what you'll think about this youth , he certainly in my eys right up there with bojan , pato an dos santos , a next very good young player is giovicno, from eploi i think an playin with Italy under 23

That youth is the truth. He's barely 18 but plays a very controlled game. His physical properties make him a formidable opponent to most defenders but it his technique that most impresses me. He reads the game well , runs off the ball like a seasoned player and is surprising good on a dead ball. How many 18 year olds  are the dead-ball man for their side ? Just observe the youth's corners. It's ridiculous how often he puts it  on a teammate's head.   

He is a good finisher as well. 

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
arsenal:    michael "the bison" essien.   he would clear the room for fabregas to work his magic.  plus he is versatile so he could play on the right if sagna gets injured, toure looked horrible there the last few games of the season.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kaka- Real Madrid....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Thuram...he could be leaving on a free and will bring some much needed EXPERIENCE to an eternally shaky backline. He might not be as good as he was, but I sure he could help the younger players develop.

Plus he have no championships left to win so he is a realistic transfer.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
zlatan - barcelona

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
zlatan - barcelona
Daz a nice buy if Ronnie leave.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
If Mourinho go to Inter and Drogba follow him...allyuh feel Zlatan will start or Mourinho will bench him? (since he like his 1 striker thing with 2 wingers)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
zlatan - barcelona
Daz a nice buy if Ronnie leave.

that is a nice buy for nice buy sake

Més que un club.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
If Mourinho go to Inter and Drogba follow him...allyuh feel Zlatan will start or Mourinho will bench him? (since he like his 1 striker thing with 2 wingers)

Last thing Inter need is forwards..

they done have ibrahimovic, adriano, cruz, suazo, crespo... cyah add in drogba to that mix.

right now what they need is a winger to start taking over the reins from old man figo and stankovic, and a creative centre mid.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Manchester United sells Gerard Pique to FC Barcelona

BARCELONA, Spain: FC Barcelona completed the signing of Gerard Pique from Manchester United on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old defender returns to the Camp Nou stadium four years after moving to Man United. He agreed to a four-year contract, with Spanish media reporting the transfer was €5 million (US$8 million).

"It's a dream to return to Barcelona. When I left I thought it would be very complicated to return and now the dream has come true," Pique said.

Pique came up through the ranks of Barcelona's youth system — alongside players such as current striker Bojan Krkic and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas — before Man United signed him in 2004.

The Spain under-21 player made the Red Devils' first team this season after spending the last one on-loan at Spanish club Zaragoza.

Playing time was hard to come by for Pique, who scored two goals in 23 games with United.

"Although Pique enjoyed his most prominent Old Trafford season during 2007-08, the long-standing central defensive partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic meant his route to regular first-team action was blocked," United said.

Pique was a part of Man United's Premier League and Champions League winning teams this season.

"They are experiences I hope to repeat in the jersey of Barcelona," Pique said.

Pique is new coach Pep Guardiola's second offseason signing in two days.

On Monday, Barcelona paid Sevilla €14 million (US$22.1 million) for Seydou Keita, with the Mali midfielder agreeing to a four-year deal.

Barcelona is also interested in signing Uruguay under-21 defender Martin Caceres.

"We had received an offer from Barcelona, but it wasn't to Villarreal's complete liking and we have told Barcelona so," Villarreal president Fernando Roig told Efe on Tuesday. "If we cannot reach a deal, the player is Villarreal's."

The 21-year-old Caceres has also attracted attention from Spanish champion Real Madrid after his first season in Spain, spent on-loan at Recreativo Huelva.

Guardiola moved from reserve-team coach to replace Frank Rijkaard after Barcelona's second straight season without a trophy.

Barcelona's third-place finish was its worst in five years and it was knocked out in the Champions League semifinals by eventual winner Manchester United, though Pique did not feature in the two-legged series.

Defensive midfielder Edmilson left for Villarreal on Friday to begin what is expected to be an exodus of players, likely to include Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o, all of whom were key players when Barcelona won the 2006 Champions League.

AC Milan has expressed interest in signing Ronaldinho, Eto'o and fullback Gianluca Zambrotta.

Més que un club.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile

BARCELONA, Spain: FC Barcelona completed the signing of Gerard Pique from Manchester United on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old defender returns to the Camp Nou stadium four years after moving to Man United. He agreed to a four-year contract, with Spanish media reporting the transfer was €5 million (US$8 million).

"It's a dream to return to Barcelona. When I left I thought it would be very complicated to return and now the dream has come true," Pique said.

Pique came up through the ranks of Barcelona's youth system — alongside players such as current striker Bojan Krkic and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas — before Man United signed him in 2004.

The Spain under-21 player made the Red Devils' first team this season after spending the last one on-loan at Spanish club Zaragoza.

Playing time was hard to come by for Pique, who scored two goals in 23 games with United.

"Although Pique enjoyed his most prominent Old Trafford season during 2007-08, the long-standing central defensive partnership of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic meant his route to regular first-team action was blocked," United said.

Pique was a part of Man United's Premier League and Champions League winning teams this season.

On Monday, Barcelona paid Sevilla €14 million (US$22.1 million) for Seydou Keita, with the Mali midfielder agreeing to a four-year deal.

Barcelona is also interested in signing Uruguay under-21 defender Martin Caceres.

"We had received an offer from Barcelona, but it wasn't to Villarreal's complete liking and we have told Barcelona so," Villarreal president Fernando Roig told Efe on Tuesday. "If we cannot reach a deal, the player is Villarreal's."

The 21-year-old Caceres has also attracted attention from Spanish champion Real Madrid after his first season in Spain, spent on-loan at Recreativo Huelva.

Guardiola moved from reserve-team coach to replace Frank Rijkaard after Barcelona's second straight season without a trophy.

Barcelona's third-place finish was its worst in five years and it was knocked out in the Champions League semifinals by eventual winner Manchester United, though Pique did not feature in the two-legged series.

Defensive midfielder Edmilson left for Villarreal on Friday to begin what is expected to be an exodus of players, likely to include Ronaldinho, Deco and Samuel Eto'o, all of whom were key players when Barcelona won the 2006 Champions League.

AC Milan has expressed interest in signing Ronaldinho, Eto'o and fullback Gianluca Zambrotta.

so far i like what barca is doing! they getting younger in some key positions!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
for my team juventus, we need a striker like David Villa.  we depending too much on Del Piero, Trezeguet still dont step up in BIG games and Iaqunita is in a nice roll coming off the bench. If Thuram is available, we would gladly buy him back as well to help out the defense.

Drogba to AC milan would also be a nice fit for them. He alongside Pato is pure trouble. Ronnie to Inter..he running behind cruz and zlatan...more trouble!!! :beermug:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:42:54 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

giggsy11

so far i like what barca is doing! they getting younger in some key positions!!

Why would dey let go of Giovanni? Dey should continue to let the old heads go and build around Messi, Bojan, Giovanni.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dos Santos would get first-team football on most other teams, ah sure de yute want to play, and he might have to move to get de playin time.
I eh know what in his head though.

Quaresma club put a $40 mil Euro buyout clause on him, i eh know if any club wll pay that for him but he is a very dangerous player.

1]; } ?>