April 19, 2024, 03:53:50 AM

Author Topic: Ince ready to stop shots from England.  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ince ready to stop shots from England.
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
Ince ready to stop shots from England.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Clayton Ince is relishing the chance to line up against the country where he plies his professional trade and this time around he thinks Sunday's game is of special significance to him and his other teammates who are based in the United Kingdom.

Ince was on the bench as one of the substitute goalkeepers in T&T coach Leo Beenhakker's team which lost out 2-0 to England at the 2006 World Cup in Germany. This time around, though, he's lining up as the most experienced of the three goalies in the team, with Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip as the other two who have shown a fair amount of promise between the sticks.

"It's definitely a big game for us and for guys like myself and the other boys who play professionally in England I think you're always waiting on a game like this. Playing England in Port of Spain should be a gripping contest because I think all of us in the Trinidad squad will be really geared up for the match and hoping to turn the tables," Ince told Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) media officer Shaun Fuentes.

"So far I haven't seen anything to show that there were players based overseas and also local as we have gelled very well so far. I think everyone wants to give their best for Trinidad and Tobago and that can work in our favour," Ince said.

On working alongside two younger custodians in Phillip and Williams, the former Crewe Alexandra and Defence Force shot stopper is hoping to pass on his knowledge and experience.

"I want to show them what it is to work hard and be committed and also to keep a cool head when dealing with certain situations. So far they've done well and they want to achieve good things. It is important for them to keep on learning and picking up the bits in every session."

Ince added that the "Soca Warriors" will definitely want to give a good account against England, with the other friendly against Jamaica and then the World Cup qualifier against Bermuda on June 15 and 22, respectively, also in mind.

"I think we all want to ensure that we can give a good account against a powerhouse like England. We can gain a lot from this match and if we can hold our own and come away with a positive result I think it would be a good boost for the World Cup qualifiers coming up," Ince added.

Sunderland FC midfielder Carlos Edwards had a full workout with the team at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Sunday, while striker Kenwyne Jones also took part but did not extend himself due to a wrist injury. The TTFF medical staff continue to monitor the big striker and will ensure he does not exert himself during the sessions.

Meanwhile, the English FA have indicated their national team will give their strongest showing against USA tomorrow at Wembley and then against T&T on Sunday.

Coach Fabio Capello has not ruled out taking his Champions League stars to Port of Spain even though he will cut his squad to around 20 players after the clash with the USA, the Press Association stated yesterday.

Players from Chelsea and Manchester United joined up with the England squad at London Colney on Saturday but were not included in the main training session.

Chelsea captain John Terry, who missed his penalty which would have given the Blues the Champions League title, did not appear at all and is understood to have spent time in the gym instead.

The other players involved in last Wednesday's Champions League final underwent some light jogging instead of being included in Capello's main group.

But if they were hoping to avoid a long trip to Trinidad, Capello made it clear he wants his players to show the same pride they do for their clubs and will not accept anybody trying to pick and choose their games.

"That is my opinion," said Capello. "It is not correct for the other players. When you play for the national team you have to play like it is a final in every game.

"Against USA, I want to see one team playing like a group, with courage and strength.

"It is very important for me to recover the spirit of the England team. We have 28 players and before we leave for Trinidad, I will choose 20 or 21 players.

"Everyone has to come when I select them and these players have to play with the spirit like they do at their clubs. My ambition is to arrive at the top. You have to work to change the mentality. I believe we can do that but the players must also believe.

"England had two teams in the Champions League final and they are ambitious teams. You have to transmit the same ambitions in the England team. When a player puts on the England shirt you have to play with a certain kind of spirit and that is very important.

"I will play the first 11 who I think are the best players at the moment. It is also very important for the other players.

"I will experiment against Trinidad. We have good material here and have been competitive against every team."

Capello intends to play with two forwards against the USA, with one of them likely to be Wayne Rooney.

The England coach is expecting a tough game against the Americans who, he acknowledges, will be a lot fresher than his squad.

"The United States are a good team," he added. "In the last three games they have scored seven goals and won the last two, against Poland and Sweden. They drew against Mexico and I think it will be a good test for us.

"They are a strong national team and it is not easy to play against them at the moment because they have fresh legs and we are tired. But that is not an excuse."

Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland is out with a back injury and England called up Peterborough's Joe Lewis instead of a more senior keeper to give the under-21 international some experience at the top level.

David Beckham joined the team on Sunday, after LA Galaxy's MLS game with Kansas City. Striker Michael Owen has been laid low by a virus while Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas is out with an ankle problem.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince ready to stop shots from England.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:48:37 AM »
I predict usa going beat england
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

nah nah nah....GO ENGLAND!!!....and for me dis like being between ah rock and ah hard place eh... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:50:32 AM »
Very hard place
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:53:52 AM »
Block shots, isn't that like getting a score. ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:17:29 AM »
stop shots from jack

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:23 AM »

what time is the game tommorow
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

what time is the game tommorow

2.50 pm est
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 01:57:13 PM »
stop shots from jack

Hardly likely.
Ah hear he went and bat fuh jack.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>